Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phroztee
Oct 30, 2012
Just doing my dutiful post that I do every six months asking: has the chat interface changed yet? I really hope it hasn’t.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rugganovich
Apr 29, 2017

Phroztee posted:

Just doing my dutiful post that I do every six months asking: has the chat interface changed yet? I really hope it hasn’t.

Sadly it has. They moved it from the bottom right to the top left.

Loxbourne
Apr 6, 2011

Tomorrow, doom!
But now, tea.

Sabreseven posted:

I wish Tarka would get it through his thick head that DS has no "minions" and if he had any then they would not be us, because unlike the majority of SC fans, we don't actually need a loving leader to report to, take direction from and pay vast sums to for the "privilage" of watching a games company fail in real time without a clue that it is happening.

Everywhere the Citizens go, they find people laughing at their game. Mocking their spending habits. Telling them to get a refund. Either Star Citizen's got serious, massive problems any layman can see with a moment's glance...or there's a DARK CONSPIRACY OF THE SMART with tendrils everywhere, always one step ahead of them and spreading FUD.

The conspiracy hurts less to believe.

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Loxbourne posted:

Everywhere the Citizens go, they find people laughing at their game. Mocking their spending habits. Telling them to get a refund. Either Star Citizen's got serious, massive problems any layman can see with a moment's glance...or there's a DARK CONSPIRACY OF THE SMART with tendrils everywhere, always one step ahead of them and spreading FUD.

The conspiracy hurts less to believe.

I heard that these dark appendages can reach very deep.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Rugganovich posted:

This has me intrigued for the same reason.
https://tobiigaming.com/eye-tracker-4c/

I've yet to find a decent 'unbiased' review of it though, to see if the eye and head tracking are up to snuff.

Thanks for the tip, I'd never heard of this; the trend lately being cheap TrackIR alternatives.

e: just been doing some digging around - doesn't sound good; amongst other things there's only 3DOF and one response curve for everything.

Dammit.

Kilmers Elbow fucked around with this message at 12:27 on Dec 10, 2017

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Lol star citizens PG tech is beaten into submission before it even hits live servers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT6TR-WBSFc

Who would win? Chris Roberts new hot take on a space opera or some levitating see through commando?

E: they have procedural generated cities at 60 fps. I'm ded.

Double E:with NPCS running on the streets that actually interact in the core gameplay

Triple reverse troll E: you completely destroy the PG cities fighting off interdimensional aliens that aren't giant hairless cats... At 60 fps

Is this a game or a creation of a higher being to mock roberts...

End of the world quadruple E:

Half way into the video he goes under water in the ocean, talks to some procedural fish and gets the ability to travel at a trillion times the speed of light and takes a trip around the entire solar system. Still at 60 fps.

Combat Theory fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Dec 10, 2017

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Combat Theory posted:

Lol star citizens PG tech is beaten into submission before it even hits live servers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dT6TR-WBSFc

Who would win? Chris Roberts new hot take on a space opera or some levitating see through commando?

E: they have procedural generated cities at 60 fps. I'm ded.

Double E:with NPCS running on the streets that actually interact in the core gameplay

Triple reverse troll E: you completely destroy the PG cities fighting off interdimensional aliens that aren't giant hairless cats... At 60 fps

Is this a game or a creation of a higher being to mock roberts...

End of the world quadruple E:

Half way into the video he goes under water in the ocean, talks to some procedural fish and gets the ability to travel at a trillion times the speed of light and takes a trip around the entire solar system. Still at 60 fps.

:lol::lol::lol:

That really is a middle finger to CIG's efforts. All we need now is to find out that it took less time to develop than CIG's clunky broken POS to put Crobberts into a shame spiral.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

no_recall posted:

Main difference here is kojima-san plays the poo poo out of his games. He knows every strategy possible to every encounter and how every encounter can play out. That's why his games are good.

CR doesn't even play his lovely game

Devs who play their own game rules. One of the leads in warframe started a new fresh account with no devhacks, and it lead to all kinds of improvements for the players.

Combat Theory
Jul 16, 2017

Latin Pheonix posted:

That really is a middle finger to CIG's efforts. All we need now is to find out that it took less time to develop than CIG's clunky broken POS to put Crobberts into a shame spiral.

See my last sneaky edit about the work force behind it. The mock is complete

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Combat Theory posted:

Nah, it lacks fidelity, goonie

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Latin Pheonix posted:

It looks like he didn't really start development until 2015, so CIG's rear end has been well and truly kicked here

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum
Turns out if you commit to a scope and work on delivering it you can get things done pretty fast, who knew

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Ursine Catastrophe posted:

Regardless of your opinion of Derek or his games, this right here is pretty much the be all and end all of the last 6 years of CIG-related development hell. The "they built a roof before building the walls/painted the walls before doing the drywall" analogy has been trotted out more than once but it's worth repeating. Roberts hired carpenters with the intent of building a house, said "wait no I want to build a castle", got angry and fired everyone who said "well, our foundation and first floor is for a house, so if you want to make it bigger we're going to need to start over from scratch", and now everyone is making a massive Chernobyl-esque sarcophagus out of paper maché and elmer's glue, and they're trying to prop that facade up from the inside with a finite number of 2x4s that they keep stealing from people on the other side of the house. And it's starting to rain.

Also there's no carpenters, it's just college grads who majored in basket weaving.

:golfclap:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/steventhegeek/status/939824853598826496

https://twitter.com/roboclaw11/status/939781806273961984

https://twitter.com/SkateJerrySkate/status/939741661768355841

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k3UOZ3iRJ8c&t=61s

Toblakai
Jul 11, 2017

#seamlesslanding #dereksmartwaswrong

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

Archive Priest of the Stimperial Order

Star Citizen Good, in all things forevermore. Amen.
:pray:

Taintrunner posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj8mN_7Apcw

So how long until Chris starts charging for AI-controlled bodyguard cyborgs?

Live action anime, now I've seen it all. :frogout:

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Latest patch made star citizen good

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

And yet if you misjudge a little jump on the space station and stub your toe, you bleed out or insta die. :)

Zzr
Oct 6, 2016

Daztek posted:

Latest patch made star citizen good

Spinlocked up beyond all repair.

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
https://clips.twitch.tv/GoldenAmazingGullCclamChamp

:trustme:

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

Foo Diddley posted:

It looks like he didn't really start development until 2015, so CIG's rear end has been well and truly kicked here

Combat Theory posted:

:lol: :owned:

Just pack it in, Crobberts, let the amateurs show you how it's done.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Latin Pheonix posted:

:lol: :owned:

Just pack it in, Crobberts, let the amateurs show you how it's done.

Well, seeing as they have started consulting with me now, I think there's hope in the horizon for Star Citizen. It will suck less. :grin:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Abuminable posted:

I watched the entire video. He made some great points, but the problem with FTR is his bipolar behavior. He's done, done, done with SC... until he's not -- and then we're back to a lovefest all over agin.

LOL!! I TOTALLY CALLED IT!! I said he couldn't stay away from the poo poo-show train wreck. He's like deer in headlights. :laffo:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVUnRedCo_w

----------------

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 15:37 on Dec 10, 2017

stingtwo
Nov 16, 2012
I just started watching this stream, I'm not 100% sure but i think he just put his cpu cooler on without any thermal paste :lol:

well edit, he didn't put the spacers on the case for the motherboard, thats confirmed...holy poo poo

stingtwo fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Dec 10, 2017

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

FTR is just collecting background footage for uhhhhh...

:thunk:

intardnation
Feb 18, 2016

I'm going to space!

:gary: :yarg:

Latin Pheonix posted:

but it wasnt on star engine was it goonie? checkmate.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
Shitizens and their cargo missions

----------------

SCtrumpHaters
Oct 28, 2017

by Nyc_Tattoo

Virtual Captain posted:

FTR is just collecting background footage for uhhhhh...

:thunk:

Whoa hey looks like they're making progress.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

stingtwo posted:

well edit, he didn't put the spacers on the case for the motherboard, thats confirmed...holy poo poo

Great way to annihilate your motherboard.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

cig sneaked in a bitcoin farming client into their game

e-correction they sneaked in a demo into their bitcoin client

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

stingtwo posted:

I just started watching this stream, I'm not 100% sure but i think he just put his cpu cooler on without any thermal paste :lol:

Put your PC together the CIG way

Virtual Captain
Feb 20, 2017

What's a streamer to do when the when there is nothing to do but encounter bugs? Chain bugs in interesting ways.

https://clips.twitch.tv/StylishTangentialPandaCeilingCat

Runs out of fuel, which should be a bug considering hes only been flying around the same 3 moon system.
This ship has no explosion animation, so StarEngine sends it flailing across the landscape.
Both of these were expected however, what made this clipworthy was:
Unexpectedly ejected the commando and failed to apply a lethal dose of gravity.

Beexoffel
Oct 4, 2015

Herald of the Stimpire

Goobs posted:

I like the 60 year old man nicknames these dudes give any dissenters. Like "Sparky". Reminds me of an old drunk I arrested 5 years ago, the memory sticks with me because his insults were no longer valid in today's day and age. Stuff like "Gearbox", "Sparky", etc.

I have a feeling a lot of the backers are dudes who no longer are relevant in life.

Goobs, your cat has turned into a meme.

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

stingtwo posted:

he's taking the 'star citizen build' concept all the way

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

I noticed that unrelated text subtitles flicker briefly onto the screen occasionally, as if the guy is continually in telepathic conversation with NPCs all over the 'Verse. This isn't the first 3.0 video where I've seen this phenomenon. Just a couple of instances below:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

boviscopophobic posted:

I noticed that unrelated text subtitles flicker briefly onto the screen occasionally, as if the guy is continually in telepathic conversation with NPCs all over the 'Verse. This isn't the first 3.0 video where I've seen this phenomenon. Just a couple of instances below:

Someone in the verse is probably interacting with the shop at the same time, and this thing broadcasts every action of every player to every client regardless of range and sublevel.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

boviscopophobic posted:

I've been wondering what the nature of that text was. Every single recent video always has text popping up for a single frame, sometimes multiple times per minute, but I never felt like bothering to get a frame perfect pause on Youtube or Twitch to find out what it says.

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

boviscopophobic posted:

INTERLINKED

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nanako the Narc
Sep 6, 2011

intardnation posted:

but it wasnt on star engine was it goonie? checkmate.

In my eagerness to shame Crobberts, I have, myself, been shamed. :negative: