Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Fedule posted:

Welcome to the highpoint, folks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

lol at his dumb shoes

PopeCrunch
Feb 13, 2004

internets

Oh hey guys, there's just been a fire and I'm sure you're all wondering what the aroma of roast dickhead is all about, but SUDDENLY THEATER.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Jesus, that's brutal.

I love Nagito but I can fully understand why the rest of the kids would hate him. Just, the condition of the body makes me think somebody here must have regained their memories or has been putting on a show all along. They've all been wanting to kick his rear end, etc, but none of the remaining kids as they're currently presented have it in them to go all out with the stabbing and torture that way no matter how pissed they are.

Uurrgh and of course there's going to be a wait. :f5:

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Eesh, as Zoe said - whoever killed Nagito clearly tortured him first.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Nagito you crazy son of a bitch look what you did now :stare:

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

Stephen9001 posted:

Fucker probably somehow arranged this so that the "traitor" is the guilty party. He is the type to give his life in the name of his cause after all.

Yeah, I'm sure somehow his "luck" will be involved here somehow. There's really no way the killer would've known to kill him there specifically since the video was just witnessed by everyone and told them where to go exactly, which is really a lot of coincidence.

I mean I guess unless the traitor knew about the video (somehow?) and knew to kill him there while everyone was bomb-searching?

Kangra
May 7, 2012

I've a strong suspicion that it'll turn out Nagito was definitely killed when all of them were together. Probably by whoever's in control of Monobear (or some hidden person). The resulting trial will then be a sham as he insists they choose a culprit, despite them all knowing it can't be one of them - and that whoever they pick, they all die.

BlazeEmblem
Jun 8, 2013

Uh oh. Do I use Ariadne thread or Goho-M?

Fedule posted:

Welcome to the highpoint, folks.

This is were I've been waiting for the thread to get to. All this setup makes people think that he might be dead, but I doubt anybody thought that he would wind up so brutalized.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Kangra posted:

I've a strong suspicion that it'll turn out Nagito was definitely killed when all of them were together. Probably by whoever's in control of Monobear (or some hidden person). The resulting trial will then be a sham as he insists they choose a culprit, despite them all knowing it can't be one of them - and that whoever they pick, they all die.

Well that would mirror a little of what happened with that fifth case in DR1.
We didn't really end up doing much with Nagito's weird theory that the cases were imitations of DR1 except some brief distracting thoughts that it could be suicide, before having proof that suicide did not happen at all.

And Nagito's not going to be able to bring that theory up now, is he. Or tell us what was in that folder that got him so drat mad at everyone. Maybe Hajime will remember all that.

This distinctly brutal murder seems out of character for every student this time around, except possibly for Sonia and her occult leanings and dark side, and Fuyuhiko. Akane would've just beaten him to death, Soda would've used a machine, Chiaki's not out for blood. And Nagito could not tie up his own wrists and stab himself with a spear.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
I"m guessing Sonia will end up being the red herring suspect since she was off doing things on her own and behaving weirdly.

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013

Hemingway To Go! posted:

And Nagito could not tie up his own wrists and stab himself with a spear.

You never know man, maybe he got lucky, or set up some kinda bizarre contraption? Like, I dunno, when the fire started the spear was released from a thing that held it up or something. And as for being tied up, perhaps he asked Monobear to tie him up, since hey, tying him up isn't the same as being responsible for the killing blow, and this would sure make for a wonderful class trial!

Basically, what I'm saying is, there is no way he didn't somehow have a hand in this, no matter how impossible it may seem at first.

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
I can't believe Nagito is loving dead.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012
Well, gently caress. There goes my spoiler betting pool prediction. And it was going so well.

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender
I believe it's safe to rule out suicide.

But geez, that's an awful lot of damage. A lot more damage than seems necessary. Oh right, torture to try and get the bombs locations out of him. This case is interesting because the entire group split up and so no one really has an alibi, plus everyone has a reasonable motive.

Akane - first island.
Souda - second island.
Chiaki- third island.
Hajime - fourth island.
Kuzuryu - fifth island.
Sonia - central island.

Sonia's island was the smallest, but if someone wasn't actually intending to search, the size doesn't really matter much.

Aumanor posted:

Well, gently caress. There goes my spoiler betting pool prediction. And it was going so well.

Same. I expected Nagito to live because he was a psychotic rear end in a top hat.

Aumanor
Nov 9, 2012

Stabbey_the_Clown posted:

Same. I expected Nagito to live because he was a psychotic rear end in a top hat.

At this point there are only two people left in the running for perfect predictions in the spoilers betting pool and just one (Serefin99) in the non-spoilers one.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Is this gonna end up like Sakura in the first game where everyone had a go, did a stab, and eventually someone killed him for real

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008
This looks initially bad for Chiaki, assuming (as I have) that she's the "traitor"/teacher in this scenario, because if she is then she swiped Nagito's student handbook instead of her own in order to prove that she's not the traitor. But it's also possible that she came across the body subsequent to his murder, or that she's not the traitor.

Somebody removed the other fire extinguishing materials, and somebody rigged up the fire. Why? What was being destroyed besides the plushies, and what was the point of the fire beyond revealing Nagito's body? For that matter, where did the music come from?

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf

Narsham posted:

Somebody removed the other fire extinguishing materials, and somebody rigged up the fire. Why? What was being destroyed besides the plushies, and what was the point of the fire beyond revealing Nagito's body? For that matter, where did the music come from?

We also won't have any way of knowing how much of the fire/miscellaneous crime scene fuckery will have been Nagito's for his own purposes, before the whole getting murdered thing happened and someone else got involved.

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway
Why leave any fire extinguishing supplies at all if they were removing them. In fact, why not just burn down the crime scene to make it completely unrecognizable and destroy all evidence instead of burning down something crime scene-adjacent.

Stroth
Mar 31, 2007

All Problems Solved

Oh right, torture to try and get the bombs locations out of him.

Yeah but, the bombs were one building over and not actually hidden in any way. Sure they were probably hidden somewhere else to start with, but I'm thinking he didn't move them into the factory after someone tied him down and stabbed the poo poo out of him.

Serpentis
May 31, 2011

Well, if I really HAVE to shoot you in the bollocks to shut you up, then I guess I'll need to, post-haste, for everyone else's sake.

Sonia's island was the smallest, but if someone wasn't actually intending to search, the size doesn't really matter much.

Not to mention she's already been spotted once off her island, wondering about the military base. drat serial killer loving princess is getting in on the act, I bet :pseudo:

Stabbey_the_Clown
Sep 21, 2002

Are... are you quite sure you really want to say that?
Taco Defender

Serpentis posted:

Not to mention she's already been spotted once off her island, wondering about the military base. drat serial killer loving princess is getting in on the act, I bet :pseudo:

Actually I meant that just because Sonia had the least time needed to spend searching doesn't actually mean she was the most likely to have done it, because other people could have decided NOT to search or more likely, ran into Nagito while searching and then decided to drag him somewhere and interrogate him.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
I would peg Sonia as initial suspect just for the ridiculous range of things royalty has to know. What are the odds it includes chemistry, torture, military tech and all the good stuff involved?

Stephen9001
Oct 28, 2013
What do you reckon the odds are Nagito knew he would be dead by the point the others saw the video?

I can have moments of... eccentricity and sometimes be quite curious about things. Please forgive me if I do something foolish or rude.

Narsham
Jun 5, 2008

Actually I meant that just because Sonia had the least time needed to spend searching doesn't actually mean she was the most likely to have done it, because other people could have decided NOT to search or more likely, ran into Nagito while searching and then decided to drag him somewhere and interrogate him.

If Sonia was searching the center island, anyone going from their assigned island was at risk of being spotted by her. Expect that to come up.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Looks like he got stabbed by that spear Sonia mentions takes skill to use in battle without getting tripped up, though if Nagito was taped down, it wouldn't take skill at all to just slam it down, I suspect this will also come into play.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Narsham posted:

If Sonia was searching the center island, anyone going from their assigned island was at risk of being spotted by her. Expect that to come up.

Yeah, but it'll get dismissed pretty quick since I'd wager Sonia did a lot of dicking around before the bombs were found as well

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Was he also tied up with the trailing wire coming from that spear? drat. And us without any kind of autopsy.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Glazius posted:

And us without any kind of autopsy.

It's fine, Nanami has got 100% on all the Trauma Centre games

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zoe posted:

:lol: This is exactly what I was thinking. Did any of those geniuses think of opening one and smelling it first?

Mostly because I've never heard of 'fire grenades' but those sure do look like they could be bottles of lighter fluid with the label removed. 'Huh, the fire seems to be intensifying?" :confused:

Neither have I but fire guns are a thing so that doesn't seem like too much of a stretch at this point.

https://media.giphy.com/media/o7IMFoWQXUXcY/giphy.gif

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."
Why would something called a "fire grenade" make there be less fire? What they should have used were the fire extinguishing grenades. A subtle but important distinction.

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Poltergrift posted:

Why would something called a "fire grenade" make there be less fire? What they should have used were the fire extinguishing grenades. A subtle but important distinction.

:doh: Of course! It all makes sense now! What an unfortunate mistake.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

RareAcumen posted:

Neither have I but fire guns are a thing so that doesn't seem like too much of a stretch at this point.

https://media.giphy.com/media/o7IMFoWQXUXcY/giphy.gif

Fire guns? Pfft. Have some fire tanks!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gorilla Salad posted:

Fire guns? Pfft. Have some fire tanks!

Can't believe all of these were invented just to combat the California wildfire.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Okay weird, I swear I posted this earlier but I guess it didn't go through?

I just ordered the third game and I'm trying to find out if it's safe to play or if it will spoil anything major past the point where we're at in this LP.

Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
edit: whoops, got some LP tabs mixed up. (I want one of those third fire tanks though.)

Parts Kit fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Dec 13, 2017

mycelia
Apr 28, 2013

POWERFUL FUNGAL LORD

Zoe posted:

I just ordered the third game and I'm trying to find out if it's safe to play or if it will spoil anything major past the point where we're at in this LP.

I'd hold off. More specifically, if you're really desperate to start it, you can play up to the third chapter and be fine, but fourth+ have references to the ending of this game that'll kinda ruin it. Also, you'll get more out of it having finished this game.

Blademaster_Aio
Jan 22, 2017

Zoe posted:

Some person on reddit asked the same thing, and he beat chapter 3. The other posters told them that they were one step away from spoiling themselves.

This is second hand knowledge so take it or leave it, it does spoil stuff.

There are still some reveals we have to go through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Thanks. Hmm, I miiiight still start it but what if something amazing happens in chapter 3 and I can't put it down??

• Locked thread