Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
can you tell me somehting about birds...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

Birds poop on my car.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Manifisto

the bird in hand / bird in bush exchange rate has been fluctuating wildly in recent months. some chalk this up to brexit anxiety, others to the well-known "handbirb" trend in social media. for myself I'm not sure, but I'm laying in a good supply while price trends are favorable! gonna flip me some birds, maybe work my way up to an elephant.

ty nesamdoom!

Manifisto

Manifisto posted:

the bird in hand / bird in bush exchange rate has been fluctuating wildly in recent months. some chalk this up to brexit anxiety, others to the well-known "handbirb" trend in social media. for myself I'm not sure, but I'm laying in a good supply while price trends are favorable! gonna flip me some birds, maybe work my way up to an elephant.

actually I take that back, I blame bitbird

mags

I am a congenital optimist.

BIRD SHERIFF HERE. Keep this family friendly!

I don't want some curious bluebird chicks finding pictures of cloaca all over their favorite chill forum.

paul_soccer12 posted:

everyone in the idf must die

(USER WAS PERMABANNED FOR THIS POST)
lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion
the concept of them saying "tweet' onomatopoeically is exaggerated consonant-wise

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

City of Glompton

- known for laying eggs though a few species are viviparous

- vestigial gills

- venomous, not poisonous

- do NOT trust with difficult tasks (smart but poor work ethic)

thank you PSP for the beautiful spring sig

alnilam

oh my god theyr learning to walk !!!

*checks bird fact sheet* oh wait nm

Ariong

I don't usually post in BYOB (I have no chill) but I have come to deliver this very important bird fact. The Emu's egg is the largest bird egg in the world, but it is also the smallest in proportion to the bird that lays it. Goodbye forever.

:chillpill:

alnilam

Ariong posted:

I don't usually post in BYOB (I have no chill) but I have come to deliver this very important bird fact. The Emu's egg is the largest bird egg in the world, but it is also the smallest in proportion to the bird that lays it. Goodbye forever.

woah hi, thanks for this cool and important bird fact!!

lmbo calrissian

i'm into fashion
men are my passion

alnilam posted:

oh my god theyr learning to walk !!!

*checks bird fact sheet* oh wait nm

sockingtonsworth

birds cant gently caress

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur alarm clocks

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

mags

sockingtonsworth posted:

birds cant gently caress

AHEM

paul_soccer12 posted:

Duckbox

The key to drawing birds is to remember that they're basically badass dinosaurs but with a beak and feathers.

ShinyBirdTeeth

sparkle sparkle sparkle
They used to have teeth but now they don't.

Drink-Mix Man

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!

Ariong posted:

This is ostriches you philistine.

roomforthetuna

I don't need to know anything about virii! My CUSTOM PROGRAM keeps me protected! It's not like they'll try to come in through the Internet or something!
Some birds, cormorants for example, are like plane-car-submarines. Humanity has only managed to make plane-cars and submarine-cars, never plane-car-submarines.

Edit: birds haven't managed space travel though, the chumps.

PHIZ KALIFA

#mood
some birds eat fish. some birds eat rocks. its hosed up but they didn't ask me for permission to do their poo poo. they're in a class of theiry're own, fowlks.

crimes

Robot Made of Meat

Birbs =/= dogs. Ergo, birbs ar not the best tingsd.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

Manifisto

Robot Made of Meat posted:

Birbs =/= dogs. Ergo, birbs ar not the best tingsd.

caiques are essentially puppies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cbtk0CqIkhM

sockingtonsworth

khhhem i mean birds cant gently caress...ing stop being so cool?

mags

sockingtonsworth posted:

khhhem i mean birds cant gently caress...ing stop being so cool?

that's bird family friendly, thank you

paul_soccer12 posted:

Kthulhu5000

by R. Guyovich
in a budgetary audit, it was revealed that scientists as the Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory's fusion energy research lab spent $30 million dollars to come up with what they said was the funniest one-panel comic ever.

it's a panel of a pigeon in a fedora, with a big "PRESS" card sticking out of the band. the pigeon has one of those big old cameras with the giant flashbulb hanging around its neck. to its left is some police tape and a chalk outline in a vague bird shape, with its wings splayed out.

the comic, inexplicably, has the simple descriptory caption of "Bird Lawyer".

----------------

Duckbox

The best birds are crows because they show up everywhere there's people, give no fucks, and chase hawks around. If you walk somewhere crows are chilling, the whole flock will know about you before you even see them. They basically own the sky tbh.

my new dog

by Nyc_Tattoo
birds were the first animal to evolve to hold a grudge

----------------

Twenty Four

my new dog posted:

Judging by how big of jerks the humming birds around here are to each other, me, and everything else, this checks out.

Their grudge seems to be based on "something else that is alive is outside".

Barking Gecko

Mahoro says, "Naughty things are bad."
The smallest bird species is the bee hummingbird.

Putty

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

alnilam

You don't gotta shout I'm right here!!

Meeksha

i did it all for the nookie
Ask me how!
-freb dust
1. all birds are female. some birds have a surgery to change this for the purpose of procreation. they are revered as heroes among other birds and often are rewarded with plaques for their nests.

2. birds are naturally good at football, yet cannot play due to their brittle bones. legends do tell of a special football bird, however...

3. there is a 5% chance that stork baby will actually spawn as a human baby.

-----

come on and slam and welcome to the jam

Thank you Heather Papps for the summer sig!

UWBW

Permanently banned from the Alamo
50% of all birds are not birds. Sorry, but it's true!

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig, and Koishi for the last one. TVsVeryOwn made the CyberMike.

alnilam

UWBW posted:

50% of all birds are not birds. Sorry, but it's true!

bird staring in the mirror, tears in eyes, trying to flip the coin but both emotionally and physically unable to

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
Very "byob" birds #1: The Greater Prairie Chicken

The Greater Prairie Chicken lives in the northern US:

(Like a lot of North American birds, it has gone through a drastic population and range reduction since European settlement.)

The male looks like this:

The female looks like this:

The big air sac around the male's neck allows it to make the characteristic "booming" call that it uses to attract mates:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s17GNCphc4o

Greater Prairie Chickens are also good dancers:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4NUOHStLpo

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

that top-right one aint a bird, its an owlbear. its a magical beast

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM

Manifisto

my new dog posted:

one of my first experiences with parrots in the wild was meeting some king parrots at a campsite on the great ocean road in southern australia.

I was like, "hey these are cool birds, let me see if I can get closer to take a photo." because I'm used to north american birds, which mostly just fly away as soon as you get too close.

I should have been warned by the way one of the birds was looking at me as I approached, which could probably be translated as "U WOT M8?"

however, I was utterly unprepared for what happened next - basically the bird flying straight at my head:

I'm pretty sure it was just trying to chase me off from its territory (and possibly mate), but I don't doubt it would have tried to gently caress me up if I hadn't taken the hint

ty nesamdoom!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nosfereefer

yeah, parrots are pretty angry in general

• Locked thread