Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
I picked up a giant box of those little chocolate alcohol bottles for like $15

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
I bore witness to a blessing today, took a friend to Costco and anointed her with the dog and drink+refill. She got the refill and commented how generous the offerings were! Thank you for hearing my testimony. PBUC

also tried that fruit smoothie for the first time, it was rad but they put ice cream or something on top before blending?

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I'm supposed to bring in a desert for the office next week. Thinking about getting one of those Costco sheet cakes and being the hero everyone needs and deserves.

Flaggy
Jul 6, 2007

Grandpa Cthulu needs his napping chair

Grimey Drawer
Went to Costco drunk the other night. It was AWESOME. They had BBQ meatball samples, I had 5. I bought so much cheap delicious steak.

Hot dog and drink to wash it all down and re hydrate my soul.

PBUC.

Lauroon Kyanka
Sep 17, 2017

*trips on a ladybug*

*dies of old age*

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

also tried that fruit smoothie for the first time, it was rad but they put ice cream or something on top before blending?

yeah. they changed the recipe. they used to be really good. "The beloved Berry Smoothie cost a mere $1.45, while the new Fruit Smoothie costs $2.99. And according to the nutritional information card, at 15.5 ounces the new Fruit Smoothie is actually .5 ounces less than the old Berry Smoothie, which was a full 16 ounces."

"The Berry Smoothie had a mere 25mg of sodium, but the new Fruit Smoothie has a whopping 200mg of sodium. Umm that’s an astonishing 700% increase in sodium!! What? The? Heck? For a smoothie that doesn’t contain protein powder, nuts or nut butters those sodium levels are rather alarming. That’s a huge negative change."

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The old berry smoothie was amazing, and it makes me very sad that it's gone. It's not as bad as if they removed the pizza, but almost.

sandball
Jan 6, 2006

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I bore witness to a blessing today, took a friend to Costco and anointed her with the dog and drink+refill. She got the refill and commented how generous the offerings were! Thank you for hearing my testimony. PBUC

That's an apple and pear puree that it's blended with.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

sandball posted:

That's an apple and pear puree that it's blended with.

poo poo, I thought it was that actually but the neophyte I had taken down the path thought it was ice cream. You made me happy I asked but sad to hear the prior smoothie was superior!

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

C. Everett Koop posted:

I'm supposed to bring in a desert for the office next week. Thinking about getting one of those Costco sheet cakes and being the hero everyone needs and deserves.

I'm partial to the giant kirkland cheesecakes, especially the ones with the strawberry glaze. the one I bought fed a church potluck, thanksgiving dessert, with a few slices left over for the missus and I to enjoy after work. truly a miracle!

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Headin to Costco y'all need anything

poisonpill
Nov 8, 2009

The only way to get huge fast is to insult a passing witch and hope she curses you with Beast-strength.

Yeah, can you bring me a slice of pep covered with hand crank onions tia

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Gimme a soda (with refill) please.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
I'll take a churro tia.

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry

RJWaters2 posted:

Headin to Costco y'all need anything

I don't need it but I want some korean bbq pork jerky.

I've got the dehydrator out this time of year making my own jerky. Normally use a London Broil cut of meat but I've always read that Eye of Round is best but its usually hard to get nice pieces at the local grocer. I think a trip to the 'Co might be in order.

A Pack of Kobolds
Mar 23, 2007

Good Dog posted:

I don't need it but I want some korean bbq pork jerky.

I've got the dehydrator out this time of year making my own jerky. Normally use a London Broil cut of meat but I've always read that Eye of Round is best but its usually hard to get nice pieces at the local grocer. I think a trip to the 'Co might be in order.

Flank steak makes great jerky. Skirt does also, but flank is a little better.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

C. Everett Koop posted:

Costco pies > Costco cakes imho. But I salute your generosity to your coworkers.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

I saw the absolutely monster pumpkin pie yesterday for $6 and almost passed out from the miracle.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I saw the absolutely monster pumpkin pie yesterday for $6 and almost passed out from the miracle.

I heard they sold almost 2mil of them Thanksgiving week.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

:hampants::hampants::hampants:
I very foolishly did NOT pick up a pumpkin pie cheesecake at Christmastime. I have much regrets.

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

I bought one to sample before thanksgiving. Good, but required 10 minutes in the oven to de-sog the crust.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

binge crotching posted:

I heard they sold almost 2mil of them Thanksgiving week.

think of the total amount of dollars saved and calories consumed

a true miracle

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Chinatown posted:

a true miracle

The thought of how much of it got thrown away saddens me.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

OXBALLS DOT COM posted:

The thought of how much of it got thrown away saddens me.

trump won

First of May
May 1, 2017
🎵 Bring your favorite lady, or at least your favorite lay! 🎵

Chinatown posted:

a true miracle

310 cal/slice * 12 slice/pie * 2,000,000 pies = 7,440,000,000 cal

Seven and a half billion calories. PBUC.

Harton
Jun 13, 2001

I opted for the giant pecan pie instead. It was the right choice. I finished the last half of it by my goddamn self like the pathetic animal that I am.

It was too delicious for the garbage.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Went to Costco to get 3 things. Ended up spending $300 total, but got 80% of my Christmas shopping done

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
Never again will I buy by the slice - call in a pizza when you get there and pay for it while checking out

(Of course I ate a Polish with kraut there and took pizza home)

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

RJWaters2 posted:

Never again will I buy by the slice - call in a pizza when you get there and pay for it while checking out

gently caress yeahhhhh my dude, been doin this for a bit now. PBUC

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

My wife works at Costco and brought home a pizza the other night. It was good.

Bjay9
May 3, 2011

Kid, touch is for video games and gynecologists
Been reading through the thread, and the Costcos in my hometown are one of those active warzone places. The one that is close to the university is constantly packed with Asians and the parking lot is hell to get in and out of. The other is just off the highway so it gets a ton of traffic too AND a few years ago had an old lady back her car through the front doors killing a child and caused the mother to miscarry...

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Anyone ever bake a freshly prepared Costco pizza at home? How did it go?

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

They are not good

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

RJWaters2 posted:

:hai:

smoobles posted:

Anyone ever bake a freshly prepared Costco pizza at home? How did it go?

just get a food court pie and throw it in the fridge/freezer for reals.

ALSO IM GONNA POST THIS VID AGAIN BECAUSE PBUC!!!!:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q0vk_fKDEo

naem
May 29, 2011

First of May posted:

310 cal/slice * 12 slice/pie * 2,000,000 pies = 7,440,000,000 cal

Seven and a half billion calories. PBUC.

truely we live in the best of all worlds

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Bjay9 posted:

Been reading through the thread, and the Costcos in my hometown are one of those active warzone places. The one that is close to the university is constantly packed with Asians and the parking lot is hell to get in and out of. The other is just off the highway so it gets a ton of traffic too AND a few years ago had an old lady back her car through the front doors killing a child and caused the mother to miscarry...

Please don’t read the thread anymore.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

My Costco might not have all the blessings of your Costco but now that winter is upon us let me share why our Costco is the greatest Costco:

It was a snowy January day, 2016, and while it wasn't a "blizzard" the snow was accumulating quickly. My wife, our 6 month old daughter and I needed to get out of the house and my wife had (astutely) gotten us new Costco executive memberships so we decided to go shopping.

I was a skeptic for so long, friends, I had never taken the sacrament, had never even stepped foot through those beautiful doors with the fresh tire smell wafting across the entrance. I was cynical, and believed Costco was just Wal-Mart for snobs.

So we ventured out, armed with our oversized Scandanavian SUV, over snowy roads to Costco. I was getting worried, though, because the snow was intensifying. While I felt safe on the roads I was already annoyed at trudging through a parking lot to go shopping on this cold, snowy day. However, we pulled up to the building and through the lightly falling snow only to find that our Costco has covered parking. We pulled in to an enormous parking lot safe from the elements. Warm shoppers pushing large carts full of treasures smiled despite the awful weather outside as they loaded up their bounties before returning home.

We went inside, I took the sacrament for the first time and I spun, dizzily, at the array of wonderful things we never knew we needed.

PBUC.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

EAT FASTER!!!!!! posted:

My Costco might not have all the blessings of your Costco but now that winter is upon us let me share why our Costco is the greatest Costco:

It was a snowy January day, 2016, and while it wasn't a "blizzard" the snow was accumulating quickly. My wife, our 6 month old daughter and I needed to get out of the house and my wife had (astutely) gotten us new Costco executive memberships so we decided to go shopping.

I was a skeptic for so long, friends, I had never taken the sacrament, had never even stepped foot through those beautiful doors with the fresh tire smell wafting across the entrance. I was cynical, and believed Costco was just Wal-Mart for snobs.

So we ventured out, armed with our oversized Scandanavian SUV, over snowy roads to Costco. I was getting worried, though, because the snow was intensifying. While I felt safe on the roads I was already annoyed at trudging through a parking lot to go shopping on this cold, snowy day. However, we pulled up to the building and through the lightly falling snow only to find that our Costco has covered parking. We pulled in to an enormous parking lot safe from the elements. Warm shoppers pushing large carts full of treasures smiled despite the awful weather outside as they loaded up their bounties before returning home.

We went inside, I took the sacrament for the first time and I spun, dizzily, at the array of wonderful things we never knew we needed.

PBUC.

Volvos are actually Chinese SUVs now, friend.

EAT FASTER!!!!!!
Sep 21, 2002

Legendary.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

Volvos are actually Chinese SUVs now, friend.

Yes I'm aware and 98% of the time I'm like "wow Chinese manufacturing married to Scandinavian design is really quite impressive actually!" and 2% of the time I'm like "THIS CHEAP CHINESE PIECE OF poo poo WHY WOULD YOU ENGINEER THIS THAT WAY?"

I just visited China in October and I'm quite wary about a lot of things arising from there but the car seems fine and we've enjoyed it very much thusly.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

The 'co is full of hucksters now, it's like trying to go to a fair pavillion where a blender man and acai man talk loudly while the Dyson guy vacuums the same cup of glitter and there's no Popcornopolis kiosk. Just pitchpeople. :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
I am tired... thirsty.

My soul is famished.

I fear I will soon be no more.

-Thinking About Them Dogs-