Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Zore posted:

But they lag hard in trust growth and you want to get Poppi a to max Super-strength and Leaping which are at tier 4 affection.

My Poppi a was already at rank 4 affinity when I (immediately) switched them out :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Are there points where you lose side quests or am I okay to wait on some of them?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

If you could I assume there'd be a clock system like XB1.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chumbler posted:

Are there points where you lose side quests or am I okay to wait on some of them?

You're okay to wait.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

chumbler posted:

I've heard one place becomes plot-inaccessible but the only relevant thing there literally moves to another area, haven't encountered anything that times out myself.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
You do lose access to sidequests in one country in Chapter 9, right before the end of the game. Fortunately there aren't many sidequests there and the ones that are are mostly filler so as not to telegraph it too hard.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Kora (rare healer blade) has a passive that makes potions stay on the ground for a full minute before they disappear. :eyepop:

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Tae posted:

Okay, this google doc says Poppi Alpha's favorite drink is fizz juice, but it's not going up in her menu and that affinity line is unlocked. What gives?

That’s definitely her drink, unless her other favourite is also a drink.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Zore posted:

You do lose access to sidequests in one country in Chapter 9, right before the end of the game. Fortunately there aren't many sidequests there and the ones that are are mostly filler so as not to telegraph it too hard.

Also all the Dev Points get shifted to the Lefthyrian Archipelago, along with the vendors that have Contracts, so nothing is lost.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

TF2 HAT MINING RIG posted:

That’s definitely her drink, unless her other favourite is also a drink.

Maybe the node linked to it in the previous line hasn't been completed yet?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
So the story dlc has to be (end of game spoilers)about Addam, right? Unless I missed a side quest that shows his face.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I managed to pull off a 3 elemental burst chain combo on an emey earlier and the damage window instantly disappeared so I have no idea how badly I overkilled that enemy. :(

I did 146k on a single elemental burst combo against a boss 5 minutes later so I'm guessing I did well over 500k if not closer to 1 million? I waited until the enemy was at about 20% hp too and they were only level 40 or 41 so had I known my team would actually pull off a triple I'd have done it ASAP and likely killed them from whatever HP they were at after the 3rd chain.

Zore posted:

Poppi is absolutely insanely good. And across her first two forms has access to rare field skills that crop up loving everywhere so Tora never left my party. Also even just a little bit of Tiger Tiger lets you turn Poppi into a fantastic off healer by giving her the art enhancement that makes them all spawn health potions, along with all the best tanking modifiers that no other tank can get together. And you can give her a bunch of good damage modifiers that let her out-damage most of the shittier attacking blades.

Plus her third form gets a launch!

This is how I feel as well but Morag is such a nice change of pace and I haven't convinced myself to spend hours playing tiger tiger for ether and drops for her even though I've always figured that doing so makes Tora the best tank by far.

Calaveron posted:

So is there something under the cloud sea? Or is it like in XB1 where it’s an implied thing that it’s just more cloud sea/the ocean and sky where Mechonis and Bionis stand stretch out literally to infinity

The game's opening cutscene shows Rex diving to the bottom(?) of it in the area he's at.

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.

Lessail posted:

So the story dlc has to be (end of game spoilers)about Addam, right? Unless I missed a side quest that shows his face.

I probably missed it but did they ever go into Rex and his parents?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

ghostinmyshell posted:

I probably missed it but did they ever go into Rex and his parents?

Nope

Which is really weird considering what a big deal they make about his eyes/home village at the beginning of the game. But then apparently his parents were anonymous refugees who weren't from that village so....???

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Zore posted:

it's still telegraphed super hard, I'm pretty sure

because that specific place has like three total Merc missions

assuming I'm not guessing wrong?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

DACK FAYDEN posted:

it's still telegraphed super hard, I'm pretty sure

because that specific place has like three total Merc missions

assuming I'm not guessing wrong?

You are quite correct in your guess.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Final boss is pretty easy when I'm only 3 levels below it instead of 10 :v:

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
aww I didn't get a screenshot of Nia saying "I'm not some violent goon" in Chapter 7 :v:

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

aww I didn't get a screenshot of Nia saying "I'm not some violent goon" in Chapter 7 :v:

She has some of the best lines in the game

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

brand engager posted:

She has some of the best lines in the game

man this was like five minutes before the scene I meant too

and also rofl at the "I love you" moment

this game is... I can't tell if it's trying and failing to take itself seriously or if they're okay with baka gaijin me laughing at everything

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I want to screenshot every time somebody swears but I keep lazily putting the Switch down during cutscenes.

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables
Pretty sure this is a bug but oh man does it make the high level field skill tests easier:

Once you get Master Blade you can get around the "cannot disengage" messages for Brigid and Pandoria by equipping them to Rex and then unequipping them. Still can't disengage Mythra but it frees up two more blade slots which makes the 8-10 field skill checks much easier to hit. (endgame spoiler)

Also on the way to getting the heart to heart on top of the Genome Building in Morytha, you pass some road signs that, unless they're a coincidence, suggest that Morytha is basically Akron, Ohio :fireman:

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Leathal posted:

Once you get Master Blade you can get around the "cannot disengage" messages for Brigid and Pandoria by equipping them to Rex and then unequipping them. Still can't disengage Mythra but it frees up two more blade slots which makes the 8-10 field skill checks much easier to hit. (endgame spoiler)

You can do it with Dromarch too. And you want Nia in Driver mode for a lot of the high skill checks since that's three blade slots you lose otherwise

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

"How about you die in a fire, Zeke"

lmao

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Still in chapter 4, yeah I move slow. One thing I always loved about the Nopon is just underneath that cute mascot veneer is a species of hustlers and gangsters, and blue research assistant busting in with those bird mooks, a stupid mask and a handcannon in the Tora's flashback was fantastic. I can't wait to see where this is going.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

this game is... I can't tell if it's trying and failing to take itself seriously or if they're okay with baka gaijin me laughing at everything

I'm pretty sure it knows exactly what it's doing, and the answer to your question is yes. I mean chapter 2 ends on the worst awkward teen flirting and the game is near constantly pulling anime comic beats. The whole thing so far is extremely Saturday morning cartoon and it's great.

Morag also speaks to the 12 year old in me because what's cooler than a sword? A whip sword. What's cooler than that? Dual wielding them.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Dec 11, 2017

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

chumbler posted:

I'm pretty sure it knows exactly what it's doing, and the answer to your question is yes. I mean chapter 1 ends on the worst awkward teen flirting and the game is near constantly pulling anime comic beats. The whole thing so far is extremely Saturday morning cartoon and it's great.

Yeah, it's a fun, lighthearted romp. Even the depressing portions of the games aren't really dwelled upon. They aren't glossed over, but there's a feeling of hope and that things can and will get better. I wouldn't call the writing stellar, but I think it's serviceable and fun in that sort of trashy sci-fi/fantasy novel sort of way.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Just watched the longest cutscene I've seen yet, about 10ish minutes of my naked giant boobed snow lady telling a little girl that she can grow up to be a giant boobed naked snow lady too.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chumbler posted:

I'm pretty sure it knows exactly what it's doing, and the answer to your question is yes. I mean chapter 1 ends on the worst awkward teen flirting and the game is near constantly pulling anime comic beats. The whole thing so far is extremely Saturday morning cartoon and it's great.

Something I really love is they at least put a little thought into the whole Driver/Blade dynamic beyond just weapon pokemon/waifu. Most Blades reputedly do their own thing half the time around towns and the like, and no-one gives a poo poo if they're off shopping/working on their own or whatever.

Also, for all the waifu jokes with Rex's Blade harem, how has no-one considered the term "Knifu"? :pseudo:

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I can't wait for the wiki of where to go for what quest dudes, I have no idea how to raise my affinity with the cities. It seems like doing so reduces costs at shops?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

GreenBuckanneer posted:

I can't wait for the wiki of where to go for what quest dudes, I have no idea how to raise my affinity with the cities. It seems like doing so reduces costs at shops?

Once you get Gold Cylinders you can knock out 5 stars VERY easily by Salvaging. And get a shitload of cash in the process.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Once you get Gold Cylinders you can knock out 5 stars VERY easily by Salvaging. And get a shitload of cash in the process.

I might as well start doing that since I need a million to get Sheba maxed anyway

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Andrast posted:

I might as well start doing that since I need a million to get Sheba maxed anyway

Don't feel too badly about losing the money, you'll get it back during her sidequest.

And get more than enough from Salvaging in general.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."
I mentioned this earlier, but once you have enough money and a place that sells golden cylinders at 5 star development (Mor Ardain is perfect for this), buy gold cylinders at Mor Ardain (or equivalent), then sell them at the place you want to raise. They can be bought for 5k and sold for 5k, so you lose no money in the process and it takes ~15 or so trips to max out the development from 0. You can toss in silver and normal cylinders too (and anything else, honestly). The only reason to use cylinders instead of other goods is that they are expensive and stack to 99, so you get a lot of goods sold for less time investment.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Don't feel too badly about losing the money, you'll get it back during her sidequest.

And get more than enough from Salvaging in general.

Yeah it's not that bad and I want to raise dev levels anyway.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

the panacea posted:

Does anyone know what’s the earliest possible way to get some luck accessories?

I have a bunch of 20 luck ones from early on, what do the stats even do

Also I'm approaching the end of Ch3 and from what I read I have to grind a lot more? Is there really nothing to prepare besides that?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I have a bunch of 20 luck ones from early on, what do the stats even do

Also I'm approaching the end of Ch3 and from what I read I have to grind a lot more? Is there really nothing to prepare besides that?

You don't really need to grind at all

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
You shouldn't have to grind if you use the Inn effectively.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

8-bit Miniboss posted:

You shouldn't have to grind if you use the Inn effectively.

If anything ou're also probably going to be overleveled as gently caress if you do side quests and use all the banked inn EXP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I have no idea what that means! I'm just putting people to sleep and mashing level up