Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Control Volume posted:

Which is to say they should enable chat for PVE and keep it permanently disabled for PVP

This is probably for the best. Pubbie chat for PvP would be more toxic than Calus' bathwater, while PvE would be bad, but manageable.

Also: Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris: More toxic than Calus' bathwater.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

J.A.B.C. posted:

This is probably for the best. Pubbie chat for PvP would be more toxic than Calus' bathwater, while PvE would be bad, but manageable.

Also: Destiny 2: Curse of Osiris: More toxic than Calus' bathwater.

Which of course is why we do have zero effort PvP chat enabled, and actual effort to implement PvE functionality missing gets talked up as protection from "The trolls" :v:

Clearly the solution will be for someone to vomit on their shoes saying ":lol: disable it in PvP too then, problem solved"

Section Z fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Dec 11, 2017

funktopus
Jan 11, 2009
At this point it feels more likely that poor people around the world will become spontaneously aware of their common plight and band together against the rich in the name of equality than it is that Destiny 2 pubbies will figure out the heroic trigger for the Taken Blight public event.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

J.A.B.C. posted:

PvE would be bad, but manageable.

Every PVE game I've played with chat has been pretty awesome, maybe I'm spoiled by the FF14 community being chill as hell on average, but cooperative stuff seems to keep people nice

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
I saw the chat get used for the first time ever last night when the nightfall bugged out on the boss and wouldn't let us respawn. The pubby was a chill cool dude about it and after the timer expired we ran it again with him. :shobon:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

What other multiplayer game has ever not had in-game chat? It's fuckin bizarre.

Hearthstone.

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest

funktopus posted:

At this point it feels more likely that poor people around the world will become spontaneously aware of their common plight and band together against the rich in the name of equality than it is that Destiny 2 pubbies will figure out the heroic trigger for the Taken Blight public event.

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

I haven't played since a week before the expansion, has there been any meaningful improvements to the game since they cancelled that live stream so they could write a blog post apologising for their shady xp practices?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Bad Parenting posted:

I haven't played since a week before the expansion, has there been any meaningful improvements to the game since they cancelled that live stream so they could write a blog post apologising for their shady xp practices?

If you're using the word shady to describe what happened, no

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Kairos Function armor looks good with MotQo:

BinaryDoubts
Jun 6, 2013

Looking at it now, it really is disgusting. The flesh is transparent. From the start, I had no idea if it would even make a clapping sound. So I diligently reproduced everything about human hands, the bones, joints, and muscles, and then made them slap each other pretty hard.

Bad Parenting posted:

They are in the progress of making vendors actually sell stuff, and adding a new tier of legendary that adds an incredibly slight statistical difference.

That's about it.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Control Volume posted:

Every PVE game I've played with chat has been pretty awesome, maybe I'm spoiled by the FF14 community being chill as hell on average, but cooperative stuff seems to keep people nice

You are (I also play FFXIV). Competitive shooters attract salt, even in the PvE elements.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

What I don’t understand is no clan chat.

Okay, you want to protect people from toxic randos, I get it. But why can’t you meaningfully communicate with the other members of a clan you willingly joined without having to go out of game?

quite stretched out
Feb 17, 2011

the chillest
you can do that extremely conveniently by downloading the destiny 2 app probably

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Is Origin Story no longer available from Zavala? That (and the cape) are the only reason I'm running Heroic Strikes. :(

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

Kessel posted:

What I don’t understand is no clan chat.

Okay, you want to protect people from toxic randos, I get it. But why can’t you meaningfully communicate with the other members of a clan you willingly joined without having to go out of game?

You also want to protect people from the incredibly toxic clan chat.

It will ruin your life.

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

You also want to protect people from the incredibly toxic clan chat.

It will ruin your life.

Recovering member of a bad clan, can confirm. A bad clan just makes everything suck.

Calsonic
Apr 13, 2008

Took my team 6 loving hours to beat the new raid but we did it. That last boss is no joke. The rewards were terrible but it was still worth the experience.

You're welcome, BIG DUMB SERIOUS HOTDOGS.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

See, proof.

Destiny 2 PC: Trust the Process

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Calsonic posted:

Took my team 6 loving hours to beat the new raid but we did it. That last boss is no joke. The rewards were terrible but it was still worth the experience.

Does it not drop powerful gear?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Calsonic posted:

Thank you for the engram.

I am going to be away for the holidays for a month without access to Destiny, I don't want to get kicked from my goonguild and I hope that the leaders are understanding

Calsonic
Apr 13, 2008

Skoll posted:

Does it not drop powerful gear?

Yeah I got a chestpiece upgrade at the very end, but that's it. The rest of the chests gave me the same tokens as the Leviathan raid (which can't get you any of the Eater of Worlds items, I believe)

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

isk posted:

You are (I also play FFXIV). Competitive shooters attract salt, even in the PvE elements.

Competitive multiplayer games in general are for projecting your flaws onto other people. I think MOBAs are probably the worst, and I only played HotS which has team-only chat. Your teammates are more hostile in CSGO than the enemy team. In Starcraft 1v1 95% of people are either nice or silent/polite.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Thank you for the engram.

I am going to be away for the holidays for a month without access to Destiny, I don't want to get kicked from my goonguild and I hope that the leaders are understanding

PM me your name and I won’t kick you. Easy as pie.

MisterAlex
Dec 4, 2004

For Blood, Comic Mischief, Mature Humor, Nudity, Strong Language, Suggestive Themes, Use of Alcohol, and Intense Violence.

Online Interactions Not Rated.
So is the raid supposed to just be really unforgiving? I've played raids in WoW, FF11, The Division, and Guild Wars but never had a group wipe as frequently as we did this evening. We didn't even manage to complete the first trial.

Animal
Apr 8, 2003

I'm enjoying the game a lot, and for some reason I am loving the hilarious Prometheus Lens deathmatches.

I'm a member of KINK but haven't done any clan activities. Do we have a Discord? I would like to do a raid. I haven't done a raid since the halcyon days of Ultima Online

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I'm back in the one true clan...thank u icr...im back home

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

funktopus posted:

Admittedly, trying to get the taken blight heroic trigger before pubbies gently caress it up is a fun and difficult challenge on par with the raid, except you get to play it alone and it induces greater rage.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Calsonic posted:

Not entirely true, there’s a new shader that only drops on there called Calus’s Elite and it looks fuckin amazing.

It also adds a cool texture with little circles on it. This is what the Xenos Vale IV chest looks like with it:

Still need to get 8 more weekly milestones for the ornament on that piece. That poo poo is gonna take way too long.

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

The REAL Goobusters posted:

I'm back in the one true clan...thank u icr...im back home

I feel like life is normal again. I am at peace.

OdinsBeard
Jul 12, 2003

I don't think about my hands too much. Just trying to hit the ball in the air. Hit the ball in the air!

Animal posted:

I'm enjoying the game a lot, and for some reason I am loving the hilarious Prometheus Lens deathmatches.

I'm a member of KINK but haven't done any clan activities. Do we have a Discord? I would like to do a raid. I haven't done a raid since the halcyon days of Ultima Online

The KINK discord is the one called “main Destiny” discord in the OP.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
Anyone else have the Heroic and Nightfall stuff grayed out for them? I've done all the Mercury stuff on my Hunter but I can only do regular strikes. I switch to my Titan and I have full access...

What gives?

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Oh, turns out Ophidian isn't exactly like Synthoceps.

Shorter than Synths by like half a body length which is gonna be one of those things you probably won't notice unless you also play a Titan in which case your guaranteed kill just whiffs the lunge and you get mad.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Milky Moor posted:

The weirdest thing about Destiny 2 not having like any kind of social chat is how every time you start the game up there's that blinking icon for the text chat.

comatose posted:

Welcome to Destiny 2!
Whispers are disabled with strangers.

Heh

This is absolutely loving terrible because if you happen to actually write someone in game you can be 100% sure it won't be read because people are so used to it blinking for no reason, making Bungie's abortion of ingame communication even more useless than it is.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

Eej posted:

Shorter than Synths by like half a body length which is gonna be one of those things you probably won't notice unless you also play a Titan in which case your guaranteed kill just whiffs the lunge and you get mad.

RIP. Still a top-tier exotic because it makes every reload and ready just so, so crispy

TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.

Eej posted:

This is such a shame. I was so excited for ophidian stormcaller when I read the text, up until I actually tried it. Still nice, though.

e: ^^^^^^^ Yeah, that. ^^^^^^^

pray for my aunt
Feb 13, 2012

14980c8b8a96fd9e279796a61cf82c9c
I still like Ophidian a lot. If I had an Antiope-D to go with my Positive Outlook I would be set.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
I've been trying out purple abyss helmet for extended invis in PvP after finally abandoning Gunslinger. It does have a nice stat distribution too, although I instantly miss my crutch of perma-radar. Want to try out the Jester pants if I can grab a pair of those.

Honestly, anything that fucks with radar is inherently strong because the motion tracker in this game is super loving bs. I really do hate it. Positional play is basically irrelevant and there's no such thing as useful flanking against half-decent players.

They should make sprinting cause radar pings, and then have walking ping it every 5-10s, crouch-walking and standing still l make it not ping at all.

Going invis really gives you an insight into how reliant people are on it. You can actually step out in front of people who won't shoot back. Or the nade that fakes the radar ping will make people run straight over to it.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

Eej posted:

I found these on my Warlock after hitting 20 on Saturday and they turned him into my favorite character immediately. Scathelocke and Sunshot feel like I'm playing space CoD and that owns

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Parenting
Mar 26, 2007

This could get emotional...

Eej posted:

If you're using the word shady to describe what happened, no

What word would you use to describe it?

• Locked thread