Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-277/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=358

I didn't think that would be the family leader they're trying to get to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Useless Name posted:

I was partly expecting Rachel to take on the appearance of someone significant that the heroes would know of and use that to manipulate them, instead she casually chooses a normal pretty avatar. She's had her crazy moments but SIU can still write her as a normal girl.

i assumed it was arlene

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
So the princess' homicide snake claimed that it killed all of the survivors left in the apple. Does that include Baam's sworn enemy?

Also the teardown of Hansung Yu by a literal murderer was pretty satisfying. You're not sad they died, you're just mad that I ruined the game for you.

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master
e: wrong thread

Brownieftw fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Nov 29, 2017

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

What

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Is it a good idea to be posting your address on here? :v: Also what is inside the box?

Brownieftw
Nov 23, 2011

Fluff master

khy posted:

Is it a good idea to be posting your address on here? :v: Also what is inside the box?
Anime! And anime storage device apparently.
Now for appropriate thread content, I'm looking forward to seeing the two khuns reactions to each other if they end up in the same place.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
lol if you don't think the data of the khun family leader isn't going to be extremely smug and like "what took you so long to get to this hidden part of the train, dumb son? At least Ran is strong."

Ryuujin
Sep 26, 2007
Dragon God
Would the data human of the Khun family head have any knowledge of any of his children?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

I'm catching up through the last bunch of chapters (I last left off near the end of the Floor of Death segment and they're about to enter the hidden floor) and I continue to love how Boro and Sachi remain relevant and with the group. Way back when, I was totally sure they would only hang around for one arc, but it's been several now. Not to mention fat candy woman randomly coming with them as well.

You know, Tower of God is probably the only other action shounen-style manga/manhwa aside from Hunter x Hunter that gives me the same feeling of pure creatively unrestrained by commercial demand and a desire to stick to genre cliches. It's hard to explain exactly why, but both those series just give me a feeling like the author is willing to take each arc in completely different directions and include (or exclude) characters that the vast majority of other comics wouldn't. Ironically, Tower of God's weakest point is probably its battles, at least since Baam became really powerful. It's the most strong when it's focused on the plot.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-279/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=360

Agreed

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-280/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=361

I still love TOG, but even though a bunch of stuff is happening it feels a little less exciting than usual :\

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

It's happening on a computer floor, so the stakes don't really matter to me.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Computer floor or not, Rak saves the day and is generally awesome.

Interesting that Rachel's infiltrating the party, I wonder how this'll go. Since she joined up with FUG she hasn't been quite as manipulative but that might simply be because she's overshadowed by the other FUG members. Maybe she'll turn her coat and betray them, maybe not. I want to see what happens.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
That could have gone better.

So many Khuns, so hard to keep track of that messed up family.

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Team Rakhunbam

bofa salesman
Nov 6, 2009

Not quite sure how the Khun dude knows V had a son if all their memories should be from when they were still climbing the tower. A lot of this stuff makes no sense

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

lil baby anime posted:

Not quite sure how the Khun dude knows V had a son if all their memories should be from when they were still climbing the tower. A lot of this stuff makes no sense

THE CHOSEN ONE

Either that or more recent visitors to the hidden floor could have told him something. Considering how much Masheny has grown outside of the floor vs her data version: a poo poo ton of time must have passed.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Could we finally get to see what Jahad actually looks like??? Young version obviously but still!

hey girl you up
May 21, 2001

Forum Nice Guy

Nate RFB posted:

Could we finally get to see what Jahad actually looks like??? Young version obviously but still!

That's easy. https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/towerofgod/images/8/8b/Untitledprince.png

khy
Aug 15, 2005

nimby posted:

It's happening on a computer floor, so the stakes don't really matter to me.

Looks like despite it being a computer floor, there's actual mortal danger involved.

Not that the author would kill off Khun, of course, but this does mean some of the others could end up becoming 'permanent residents' as it were.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

wonder if we'll see any other regulars who decided that it was a nice easy and safe life and decided to stay

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
No, it is not gross, in fact, it's funny, yeah, think of it that way.
Batoto is closing, The Company is not. I don't know if they have plans on making a new batoto or uploading new chapters to another reader but you can at least download them from the scanslators themselves.

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax
Lol if you aren't subscribed to ToG on Webtoons

The Holy Queef
Jul 13, 2003
No, it is not gross, in fact, it's funny, yeah, think of it that way.
I was under the assumption that batoto was a reader made by members of thcmpny that translated ToG and others. So batoto I went. When did Webtoons start translating this, from the beginning?

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

The Holy Queef posted:

I was under the assumption that batoto was a reader made by members of thcmpny that translated ToG and others. So batoto I went. When did Webtoons start translating this, from the beginning?

It was one of the semi flagship series when naver launched the English webtoons, it has all of the chapters translated.

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

Pretty close actually.

I'm really curious about the Snake Charmer now. I'm pretty curious about exactly who it's operating on behalf of. It doesn't seem like FUG or the Great Families which likely have no desire to have extra competitor princesses running around. Perhaps he's part of RED.

Hypocrisy fucked around with this message at 08:53 on Jan 15, 2018

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Haha he looks so silly.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Jan 15, 2018

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Oh no I've caught up just in time to meet Young Zahard and he looks more like a little kid dressed up like a superhero. :allears:

edit: We got a bunch of shots of him from the back before, sure, but in those he looked more like a hero from like Greek myths and stuff, so seeing him full on as a dorklord loser is so, so good.

Lotus Aura fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Jan 15, 2018

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

It makes sense considering baams origin that he's a dork loser

Shugojin
Sep 6, 2007

Jose posted:

It makes sense considering baams origin that he's a dork loser

I thought his origin story was that he's a dead kid being puppeted around by a weird thing from beyond

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Jahad is an incel who got real mad Arlene didnt pick him because he's such a nice guy

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Also I'm very glad SIU explained Androssi's weird knife eel almost immediately instead of making me wait until I forgot it existed to come back to it.

TheDemon
Dec 11, 2006

...on the plus side I'm feeling much more angry now than I expected so this totally helps me get in character.
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-285/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=366

Hmmmm. Jahad's kind of playing around, though, consider he's, you know, Jahad.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
http://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/tower-of-god/season-2-ep-286/viewer?title_no=95&episode_no=367

Hypocrisy
Oct 4, 2006
Lord of Sarcasm

SIU really loves 1 month time periods.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 237 days!

Hypocrisy posted:

SIU really loves 1 month time periods.

That is the amount of time until Baam can kick someone's as.

Bernardo Orel
Sep 2, 2011

Nice to see that family leaders are no joke.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I can't wait for a month long training montage that consists of Eduan just hitting Baam with unique supermoves so he can effortlessly dunk on Zahard. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sarcophallus
Jun 12, 2011

by Lowtax

Hodgepodge posted:

That is the amount of time until Baam can kick someone's as.

He can copy all the techniques he wants, but he's still lacking power. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯