Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

rovert posted:

I don't claim to have the full facts

Heard the NWA deeply mislead Joey Janela, Ethan Page and others within the last week or so after promising them they'd be future title contenders. On the night at CZW the NWA showed up with Magnus and Austin Idol & did their own deal.

Lagana has gone full douchebag on Twitter the past 24 hours.

So, in the end, it was always going to be Corgan's boys involved. I guessing Jay Bradley is next in line!

https://twitter.com/JANELABABY/status/940035640300670976

Austin Idol?!?!

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 18:17 on Dec 11, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bigass Moth
Mar 6, 2004

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...
What does Bad Boy Joey mean by "found out what's going on"? That the NWA was only going to give the strap to their guys? Not exactly a surprise.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

Bigass Moth posted:

What does Bad Boy Joey mean by "found out what's going on"? That the NWA was only going to give the strap to their guys? Not exactly a surprise.

Based on what rovert says, I think he means the NWA was only going to let their guys even have shots at it. I highly doubt Joey Janela would have had a problem losing to the NWA Champion.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Bigass Moth posted:

Likely what you are saying. Also Lagana going by interviews is bigger on Youtuber type "collab" arrangements (you appear on my Youtube channel, then I appear on yours) than actually paying people.

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

You know, you'd think Billy would have at least gotten the ball rolling on acquiring an actual roster. It's been a few months.
He's gotten us to pay attention to it a little, so that's a plus.
But I don't know how much attention he should be attracting to his non-promotion promotion at this point.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I have completely unverified scoops:

Literally no one in the CZW locker room was willing to do a job to Tim Storm for free. They were offering bookings at NWA Hollywood but were lowballing people. The booking was supposed to be Storm retains on DQ via Aldis attacking Storm just as challenger is about to take the win.

Aldis title switch was an audible called by Lagana. Unknown if this had Billy's blessing or not. I do not know if Lagana was even in the building.

Tim was looking to get out of the belt anyway because he has cardio concerns esp when going in against much more physical wrestlers.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

the idea that even a loving blood/deathmatch promotion views itself (rightfully) as above the current state of the NWA is goddamn beautiful and hilarious

checksin
Nov 23, 2006

I joined the new sensation, the #RXT REVOLUTION~!

:chillout:

he knows...
CZW is wildly above NWA’s grade on every front
-Has a roster of wrestlers
-Has a production team with recording equipment (not a cell phone in the fourteenth row)
-Has merchandise
-Has nonironic fans

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
CZW: America's most diverse wrestling promotion.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/OfficialEGO/status/940303044838854657

Check out the Likes and all the wrestlers some CZW regulars

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

rovert posted:

https://twitter.com/OfficialEGO/status/940303044838854657

Check out the Likes and all the wrestlers some CZW regulars

No

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/nwa/status/940609695894638593

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

why did NWA post a video of Austin Idol staring off into space.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

coconono posted:

why did NWA post a video of Austin Idol staring off into space.

Better than showing a Nick Aldis match, I guess

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I want to inject sodium pentathol into Billy Corgan's eyeball and ask him the following two questions.

1) Where do you see this NWA project going?
2) Are you ok?

ok three questions.

3) Do you want to talk about it? We're worried about you Billy.

Claytor
Dec 5, 2011

ChrisBTY posted:

We're worried about you Billy.

Don't speak for everyone here.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I take great delight in watching rich people piss money down holes. I take even deeper delight that its Billy loving Corgan.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Once you associate with Alex Jones, my willingness to be concerned for your well being dissipates.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

coconono posted:

I take great delight in watching rich people piss money down holes. I take even deeper delight that its Billy loving Corgan.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

coconono posted:

On a similar note, I'm glad he chose to piss it into this money pit instead of enriching Alex Jones. At least the NWA is just sort of useless instead of actively worsening society :unsmith:

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

Look, if I don't show concern he won't want to talk about it.

And I have to know how his life has led him to this point.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ChrisBTY posted:

I want to inject sodium pentathol into Billy Corgan's eyeball and ask him the following two questions.

1) Where do you see this NWA project going?
2) Are you ok?

ok three questions.

3) Do you want to talk about it? We're worried about you Billy.

I remember reading an interview with Billy Corgan in Rolling Stone around the late 2000s where he was earnestly talking for like half a page about how he thinks if he meditates enough he'll be able to walk through walls if that lends some light on this situation

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pUxxxwvuQIo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x5K1Sljvldw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0fy1bioKMQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RoqV3spsocM

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/SeanRossSapp/status/945972533387546626

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/nwa/status/948238386397155328

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I can't believe I'm saying this... but does anybody actually care about the NWA Title now that Tim Storm is no longer champion?

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Oh god loving no, the second they lost ancient roidgut man and put the title on Magnus was the second they stopped having even novelty appeal

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Tim Storm vs Joey Janella had MOTY potential.

Swapping in Nick Aldis instead ruins it.

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

If the NWA wanted a champion normal people would find appropriate, Magnus is a better choice than Storm.

But the NWA's fanbase right now is almost entirely internet wrestling grognards for whom Tim Storm was a thing worth giggling at.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I really liked the idea of a champ they'd have to bring in top tier talents to prop up and make him look like a good champ. They coulda down a whole slowburn heel turn thing.

Instead, they hotshot to Nick Aldis in front of a crowd that cheered because the match was brief.

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Yup. And your new World Heavywieght champion! The other guy in the British Invasion!

Edit: No not the roid freak, the other other guy.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Jan 2, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Magnus obviously isn't a banner carrier or someone who is going to draw eyes but Storm seemed so bad and incapable to carry the belt that I wouldn't be surprised if they just decided they needed to make a change or risk it all becoming a complete joke (if it wasn't already a half ironic one).

But I might have given it to the weird guy. Either way I think the nostalgia of this was always going to be brief and they need to come up with a "phase 2" real soon if they want to make anything of their "momentum."

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

remusclaw posted:

Yup. And your new World Heavywieght champion! The other guy in the British Invasion!

the not quite so roidy guy. No not that one either, the other guy.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

remusclaw posted:

FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEAK

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Tim Storm is the coolest champion of the last 20 years

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

their youtube numbers haven't had a dramatic hit since the switch but buzz cratered after the jocephus match, they got some back when it looked like they were switching the title to a
name at czw but now that's gone too

oatgan fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Jan 2, 2018

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I just think they got their bump from "the NWA title is back and its held by an almost cartoony middle aged roided out broken down wrestler you've never heard of" and it had kind of run its course. Maybe they switched too early but in the end it all comes back to them needing a next step if this was anything more than a momentary laugh.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

STAC Goat posted:

I just think they got their bump from "the NWA title is back and its held by an almost cartoony middle aged roided out broken down wrestler you've never heard of" and it had kind of run its course. Maybe they switched too early but in the end it all comes back to them needing a next step if this was anything more than a momentary laugh.

Sure but they took the belt from someone with a few notable things and gave it to someone with none. Who gives a poo poo about Jocephus? I guess he's all Billy could get.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Magnus is the champ, not Jocephus.

I actually probably would be a little more interested in Jocephus because he's weird and I thought his spiritual advisor was a mannequin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

You're right, I mixed the names up. You're right that Jocephus is the slightly weird and interesting one, so give it to him imo