Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

XC2 has the best OST in the series by virtue of having no ambush battle theme

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghostinmyshell
Sep 17, 2004

I am very particular about biscuits, I'll have you know.

Tae posted:

I'm like the only person that likes the ost more than 1.

I like the first one more too. But this one has some amazing tracks. Whatever plays during flashbacks is my favorite and the final dungeon track is great.

XCX has some good tracks too.

Leathal
Oct 29, 2004

wanna be like gucci?
lil buddy eat your vegetables

Ardryn posted:

They appeared for me after sending another 90k home with Max and then doing a follow-up side quest that I would assume first appears when you actually go to Fonsett Village, Max said to speak to Corinne and she started the side-quest. I can only guess at the exact chapter it opens because I did this post-game.

Wait so that quest chain makes Argentum stock premiums permanently? I ask because they've only shown up once for me (prior to beating the game no less) and everything else I'm finding says you have to fast travel over and over while changing tides and other goofy poo poo that almost certainly has no effect.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
Jesus Christ. 78 hours and I now realize I can sell Poppi parts for Ether in the god drat Create parts screen. It's the loving Y button and you can just generate a poo poo ton of Ether from parts you're never going to use. gently caress me.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Jesus Christ. 78 hours and I now realize I can sell Poppi parts for Ether in the god drat Create parts screen. It's the loving Y button and you can just generate a poo poo ton of Ether from parts you're never going to use. gently caress me.

Are you loving serious.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

TurnipFritter posted:

Are you loving serious.

loving serious.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

8-bit Miniboss posted:

This is almost as big as learning about X to go to the travel screen.

Still learning after 60 hours. Thanks Xenoblade! :v:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Are you loving serious

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

Calaveron posted:

Are you loving serious

I am loving serious.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Hey, regarding the end of chapter 4. So... Mòrag is cool and I'll see about getting her kitted out with some good blades and all, but why am I not under arrest again? I still have the super weapon blade, assaulted a warship and travel with a former member of the worlds most wanted terrorist group.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Caidin posted:

Hey, regarding the end of chapter 4. So... Mòrag is cool and I'll see about getting her kitted out with some good blades and all, but why am I not under arrest again? I still have the super weapon blade, assaulted a warship and travel with a former member of the worlds most wanted terrorist group.

At the end of Chapter 2 she decided Rex was super pure of heart and thus it was ok for him to have the fantasy nuke

ScratchAndSniff
Sep 28, 2008

This game stinks
Maybe I'm just not playing this game right. I don't know. For whatever reason, I'm getting burnt out and I recently got to the empire (mid chapter 4). A few of my issues:

Quest directions
It seems like half of the sidequests involve a marker on the far edge of the map with no conceivable way to reach them. I have a ton of sidequests on my backlog, and they're stressing me out because I don't know if I need special character skills to get passed a locked door or if I'm just not seeing a roundabout path up the opposite side of the map. Half my time seems to be navigating the terrain and not getting anywhere until I fall off a cliff and start over.

That's when they have directions. Sometimes they seem to just name an unnamed spot on a map. Go to Seigel Fell to get me a beetle! Where's that? Who knows!

This, combined with the weirdly leveled monsters, always make me always second-guess if I'm on the right path. Am I underleveled, or am I just taking the wrong route? Should do more sidequests and level up?

the sidequests
They just aren't fun. Go here and deliver candy for these kids! Now there is a murder! Solve it! How? Who knows? I don't know There are so freaking many of them, and most seem to be some variation of "waste your time talking to boring NPCs and then go here and try not to run into the lv 100 dinosaur on the way"

The characters
I was expecting anime, but come on...

The combat
This is the part I was excited about, but the complexity seems to just be a smokescreen. I have no way to tell my companions to heal or use a specific strategy, so winning seems to be a matter of hoping my teammates will be in the mood to help with elemental combos and then hoping I don't get aggro from the lv 100 dinosaur roaming around.

Someone please tell me this gets better. I really, really wanted to like this game. Can I ignore most of the sidequests? Is there some way to make navigation easier?

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

8-bit Miniboss posted:

WHAT

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Leathal posted:

Wait so that quest chain makes Argentum stock premiums permanently? I ask because they've only shown up once for me (prior to beating the game no less) and everything else I'm finding says you have to fast travel over and over while changing tides and other goofy poo poo that almost certainly has no effect.

You know what, I don't even loving know at this point because I just long rested and now nowhere sells them, gently caress if I know at this point.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

In case people don't already know, those informants that sell dumb tutorial style info in each town also occasionally sell hints on where to find guaranteed rare blade cores. Speaking of, now I'm rollin in tank blades on Four and it's amazing.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Caidin posted:

Mor Ardain is currently on everyone's poo poo list since they just annexed a titan. The last thing they want to be seen doing is capturing a fantasy nuke because everyone will assume they're trying to get the upper hand in the war. Rex was also clearly not plotting anything and was under close surveillance for as much of his journey as they could manage. Morag's presence also helps not only to influence Rex positively towards Mor Ardain, but lets her try to stop him if he tries anything.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

How deep in Chapter 4 before I get 4th?

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

TurnipFritter posted:

At the end of Chapter 2 she decided Rex was super pure of heart and thus it was ok for him to have the fantasy nuke

I don't know what Pure of Heart is really suppose to mean in Japan, but a lot of the time it seems to boil down to total pyschopath with a sprinkling of higher ideals.

Dirk the Average posted:

Mor Ardain is currently on everyone's poo poo list since they just annexed a titan. The last thing they want to be seen doing is capturing a fantasy nuke because everyone will assume they're trying to get the upper hand in the war. Rex was also clearly not plotting anything and was under close surveillance for as much of his journey as they could manage. Morag's presence also helps not only to influence Rex positively towards Mor Ardain, but lets her try to stop him if he tries anything.

Alright, that makes sense.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I wanted to use four crown generic blades (if they exist) but I’ve ended up with so many rare blades that I don’t have room now.

With the story/sidequest ones and the occasional gacha one you end up with a ton.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Caidin posted:

I don't know what Pure of Heart is really suppose to mean in Japan, but a lot of the time it seems to boil down to total pyschopath with a sprinkling of higher ideals.

Total socially maladjusted psychopath who yells a lot about justice and righteousness and also never touches girl's, yes

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Is the last dps party member just naturally squishy? I've noticed they take way more damage than anyone else and I wasn't sure if it was a rare blade gimmick or hidden accessory effect.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

It's dumb that you have to physically go to each blades Affinity chart to actually activate any affinity node you've gotten a pop up that you've obtained.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Axel Serenity posted:

This is almost as big as learning about X to go to the travel screen.

Still learning after 60 hours. Thanks Xenoblade! :v:

If you didn't know that, you might not know Minus goes to the Save / Time Change screen.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
It's dumb that I have to talk to every 40 nopon multiple times for multiple blades.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Tae posted:

I'm like the only person that likes the ost more than 1.

it literally uses the chrono cross hook

Ardryn
Oct 27, 2007

Rolling around at the speed of sound.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

It's dumb that you have to physically go to each blades Affinity chart to actually activate any affinity node you've gotten a pop up that you've obtained.

It's also stupid that hitting X only takes you to the skip travel menu and not the actual region map you are currently in.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
It took me until near the end of the game to realize that the Torna guys are all designed by Nomura, which makes so much sense now when every cutscene with them in it feels like I'm playing an old Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts game.

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!

Lord Ephraim posted:

It took me until near the end of the game to realize that the Torna guys are all designed by Nomura, which makes so much sense now when every cutscene with them in it feels like I'm playing an old Final Fantasy or Kingdom Hearts game.

It also helps that malos' va goes all in

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The factory was such a bad level. It took me multiple attempts to kill the 3 pack of mobs guarding a key because having only two party members suck, and having a single tank blade (on Nia naturally, so no dedicated healing) made things even worse. The first few attempts were ended immediately as Nia got aggro, and then was immediately stunlocked by topple and died, and then rex followed suit.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I just lost like, an hour of progress because the loving game crashed during a cutscene

god damnit

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Lol the last 10 rare cubes and 6 legendary haven't given me a rare blade. The games busted and I'm now convinced that may game is glitched.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Lol the last 10 rare cubes and 6 legendary haven't given me a rare blade. The games busted and I'm now convinced that may game is glitched.

I think maybe two of my Rare Blades have come from Rare Crystals.

I've gotten nothing but trash from the four Legendary Crystals I've found.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Kora is my first rare blade. I hope they are all as talkative.

Also Rex and Nia's little dances during their blades' attacks are great. There is a lot of charm to this game, it's just nice and fun.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

chumbler posted:

Kora is my first rare blade. I hope they are all as talkative.

Also Rex and Nia's little dances during their blades' attacks are great. There is a lot of charm to this game, it's just nice and fun.

Nia's dance is pretty great. As is her dub line during Specials; "Here I come; Ready or Gormotti! :catstare:"

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Finch is my first rare blade before I unlocked Poppi ...

Also for fucks sake I hate TigerTiger.

Hammer Bro.
Jul 7, 2007

THUNDERDOME LOSER

GreenBuckanneer posted:

Finch is my first rare blade before I unlocked Poppi ...

Also for fucks sake I hate TigerTiger.

I actually enjoy Tiger Tiger. It's just mindless enough that I can grind through it on work calls to get the extra ether I need to--

8-bit Miniboss posted:

Say whaaat? That's gonna save me so much time. Let me just compulsively save between every character modification--

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

If you didn't know that, you might not know Minus goes to the Save / Time Change screen.

Xenoblaaaade :argh:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I have 99 common core crystals just sitting here and I'm tempted to just waste my night popping them all

E: How do I fix the port grinding spot for cores in the late game. (Minor spoilers) These jerkasses are not krabbles

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 09:03 on Dec 12, 2017

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I don't understand why people would need to inflict such pain on themselves by grinding core crystals. I never did and I was always topped up on the common blade limit. Beat the game at Merc level 4 too.

I really wish they would let me skip all the summoning animation.

Axel Serenity
Sep 27, 2002

nerdz posted:

I don't understand why people would need to inflict such pain on themselves by grinding core crystals. I never did and I was always topped up on the common blade limit. Beat the game at Merc level 4 too.

I really wish they would let me skip all the summoning animation.

i want kos-mos

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Spectral Werewolf
Jun 15, 2006

And if that wasn't funny, there were lots of things that weren't even funnier...
Gotta catch them all is why. Where is the spot that is supposed to have a guarunteed rare crystals by the way?