Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

THE BIG DOG DADDY
Oct 16, 2013

Rasheed was, with Aliases, the top 7 PvPers in Bone Krew.

No one talks about this.
my gun safes have a keypad entry and then a physical key entry in case the batteries run out or whatever. the real smart move is to just weigh it down with a ton of ammo in the base of it so the home invader can't make off with it in the space of a few minutes unless he's a WSM competitor. any safe can get broken into in the span of a few hours, all you really need is one that stops them for more than 10 minutes unless you're like a well known fine art connoisseur and you're being targeted by oceans eleven

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

graph posted:

slack steals focus twice on launch

cementing its place as the worst software

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

qirex posted:

cementing its place as the worst software

it's also hardlocked my home computer twice, something no other software has done

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

graph posted:

it's also hardlocked my home computer twice, something no other software has done

how the gently caress does a glorified irc client even do that?

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

infernal machines posted:

how the gently caress does a glorified irc client even do that?

Doesn't the process eat up like a gig of ram these days?

lovely coding, that's how.

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
electron is how

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica
couple of months back chrome used to trigger a bsod in my graphics driver when using more than one monitor. so yeah that can happen.

i'm betting it's nvidia's fault in my case and i know i'm right

as for your case it's probably doing some fucky things with your graphics driver. do you have discrete graphics? cuz i hear apple is poo poo at those

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i played a bit with an ipad pro 12.9 and its super nice to use and the side-by-side multitasking works really well

the only problems were that the thing is a bit too big (because of the bezels) and that i pushed the home button by mistake a few times when writing with the pencil until the edge of the screen

if they come out with a faceid, no bezels version next year it would be so loving perfect

qirex
Feb 15, 2001

you kind of need bezels on an ipad

the 12.9 is just too big, that's why it feel weird

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

qirex posted:

the 12.9 is just too big, that's why it feel weird

imessage me

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

qirex posted:

you needed them on the iphone too, that didn't slow them down any

they'll just add another notch

Notorious b.s.d.
Jan 25, 2003

by Reene

infernal machines posted:

you needed them on the iphone too, that didn't slow them down any

they'll just add another notch

the notch is surprisingly unobtrusive

the whole iphone x package works better than one would expect

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
My 2 year contract is up at the end of the phone. Do I purchase the 8 the x or wait on the se2?

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

KyloWinter posted:

My 2 year contract is up at the end of the phone. Do I purchase the 8 the x or wait on the se2?

My 8 is p. deece in the needs-suiting department.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Notorious b.s.d. posted:

the notch is surprisingly unobtrusive

the whole iphone x package works better than one would expect

i agree the notch is not a big deal

Face ID is more annoying than Touch ID though, but I hope it will get better

Wild EEPROM
Jul 29, 2011

oh, my, god. Becky, look at her bitrate.
the people who say the notch isn't a big deal are people who own the x and you can't trust them because they bought the x

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

KyloWinter posted:

if the SE appeals to you, you might as well wait at this point, it's probably coming in march

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

im ready for the se 2 tim. let me come

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

my faith in a fresh SE exists as long as india is a market tim wants to tap, and hopefully it will be my post-6S fone

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Bulgakov posted:

my faith in a fresh SE exists as long as india is a market tim wants to tap, and hopefully it will be my post-6S fone

tim will tap it

rjmccall
Sep 7, 2007

no worries friend
Fun Shoe
i finally went to upgrade from my 5s. i was definitely expecting to not like the x and just go with the 8, but actually the x felt pretty great and i haven't regretted getting it at all. it's basically the plus-sized screen on a non-plus body, which means there isn't much appreciable extra weight and your thumb doesn't have any trouble getting across it if you do need to swipe right. you don't notice the notch when using it because the main status controls just naturally fit on either side. faceid works great, i haven't needed to put in my passcode at all, i just pick it up and swipe and it unlocks. yeah yeah blessed size whatever, i got really tired of the 5s screen, i don't watch regularly movies on it or anything but just reading the web or watching the occasional linked youtube is so much better on even a slightly larger screen

this has been your word from apple

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

i hope they make a smaller iphone x.

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

touch id 3 because you think about face id and turn about face and go back the other way etc!!!!

fart

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy

Last Chance posted:

i hope they make a smaller iphone x.

4.7" X would be the perfect phone.

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

eric posted:

4.7" X would be the perfect phone.

Linguica
Jul 13, 2000
You're already dead

i bought my mom a SE for xmas to replace her old 4S and I almost got one for myself but decided to wait on the expected refresh

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
SE is the perfect phone

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Kobayashi posted:

SE is the perfect phone
[IMG-triumph-insult-comic-dog.png]

barkbell
Apr 14, 2006

woof
i actually dont know what makes the x better other than oled, funny emogi movies, and faceid. what if i have an evil twin or a beard

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

it works fine with beards

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

Endless Mike posted:

it works fine with beards

if faceid unlocks for your beard that's a bad thing

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
the next season of star trek: discovery will have an episode where the mirror universe counterparts take everything over super easily because the ship uses FaceID

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

qirex posted:

no you dont why

a paper notebook doesnt have bezels

Doc Block
Apr 15, 2003
Fun Shoe
so you have somewhere to hold the damned thing that isn't touching the screen.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Doc Block posted:

so you have somewhere to hold the damned thing that isn't touching the screen.

Wash your goddamn hands once in a blue loving moon you disgusting goon.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Schadenboner posted:

Wash your goddamn hands once in a blue loving moon you disgusting goon.

the problem isn't getting dirt on the screen you dipshit, its spurious/unwanted input

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Last Chance posted:

the problem isn't getting dirt on the screen you dipshit, its spurious/unwanted input

Lay it across your forearm secured with in/with/by the crook of the inner elbow?

:shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Schadenboner posted:

Lay it across your forearm secured with in/with/by the crook of the inner elbow?

:shrug:

what?