Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
i really enjoyed the ric flair one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
To the limit: The story about Dale Earnhardt telling France it was bullshit that Richmond couldn't race was amazing and I wish it was true.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

Metapod posted:

i really enjoyed the ric flair one

man what a True POS that dude iswas

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Once Brothers and Run Ricky Run are both fantastic

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
Look at all you wrong people not mentioning The Best That Never Was.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Broke is interesting as far as information but as a documentary it's boring. It might as well just be a longform article.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Small Potatoes was interesting to me as someone who did not know anything about the USFL.

It’s also even more relevant now, due to Trump’s involvement in the story

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

FlamingLiberal posted:

Small Potatoes was interesting to me as someone who did not know anything about the USFL.

The small potatoes guy was kind of annoying, but not nearly as annoying as the Kansas Rules of Basketball guy, who made me want to somehow purchase the Naismith rules and slowly eat them in front of him.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

EvanTH posted:

man what a True POS that dude iswas

he's the one and only Naitchure Boy don't you know

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

The small potatoes guy was kind of annoying, but not nearly as annoying as the Kansas Rules of Basketball guy, who made me want to somehow purchase the Naismith rules and slowly eat them in front of him.
"I Hate Christian Laettner" guy single-handedly ruined the entire show. He comes across as one of the five whiniest assholes of all time.

Schremp Howard
Jul 18, 2010

What attitude problem?

Crazy Ted posted:

"I Hate Christian Laettner" guy single-handedly ruined the entire show. He comes across as one of the five whiniest assholes of all time.

If you mean Bill Simmons this isn't really a new opinion.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

It’s technically not a 30 for 30 as it was part of their Nine for Title IX thing, but No Limits, about freediver Audrey Mestre is loving phenomenal and everyone should see it.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
June 17, 1994 is pretty good. If I remember right, there are no talking heads, it's all just broadcast footage from the day edited together chronologically. Reminds me of those History Channel docs like 102 Minutes that Changed America and 3 Shots that Changed America

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Oh my god they are going to have Stugotz selling crappy art on the streets of South Beach live on the air today.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

So ESPN had the college FB awards show last night and put up traffic cones next to JT Barrett's seat so cameramen wouldn't run into him

:laugh:

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Elitist Bitch posted:

I like To The Limit. Story about the NASCAR driver that Days of Thunder was loosely based off of that NASCAR has tried really, really hard to bury thanks to the awful way his illness and death was handled (he died of complications from AIDS). Even if you're not a NASCAR or auto racing fan it's an interesting look at how AIDS was handled by real people in the early days of the epidemic (although I'll admit that what I saw made me sad). He could have been one of the greatest drivers in NASCAR history but died when he was 34.

I thought Days of Thunder was based upon both Tim Richmond and Jeff Gordon.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

The Miracle 3 episode of SEC Storied is also extremely great.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together
Days of Thunder was before Jeff Gordon's time

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

FlamingLiberal posted:

The highlight of the USFL one was hearing Rick Neuheisel sing the San Antonio Gunslingers song.

The 30 for 30 short, Cutthroat, was outstanding. ESPN doesn't have it uploaded anymore I don't think, but it can be found. For those unfamiliar, it's a piece about Clint Malarchuk.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

RC and Moon Pie posted:

The highlight of the USFL one was hearing Rick Neuheisel sing the San Antonio Gunslingers song.

The 30 for 30 short, Cutthroat, was outstanding. ESPN doesn't have it uploaded anymore I don't think, but it can be found. For those unfamiliar, it's a piece about Clint Malarchuk.

If you are squeemish, DO NOT look up what happened to Clint Malarchuk (or Richard Zednik)

If you're curious and you HAVE to know Both of them have their necks slashed by a skate, completely by accident

Elitist Bitch
Sep 13, 2007

Timby posted:

I thought Days of Thunder was based upon both Tim Richmond and Jeff Gordon.

Days of Thunder was released in 1990. Gordon made his first Winston Cup start in the last race of the 1992 season and won ROTY in '93.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I thought Days Of Thunder was a spiritual sequel to Days Of Heaven

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮

EvanTH posted:

I thought Days Of Thunder was a spiritual sequel to Days Of Heaven

The third film is Thor: Ragnarok.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

Not sure how easy it is to find but Errol Morris' "The Subterranean Stadium" 30 for 30 short is one of my favorite short films ever and is also one of the best introductions to Errol Morris if you don't know his docs.

All about an old school tabletop football league and the people who participate but, like all his movies, about so much more as well.

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

ElwoodCuse posted:

The Hillsborough one is powerful but difficult to watch.

The first part of the Hillsborough is like a disaster movie, where you see all these horrible decisions made that lead up to the tragedy, and the second just makes you get actually angrier and angrier at the sheer injustice of it all. But some of the crowd footage, and especially the footage which looks like it was taken from just above the Leppings Lane terrace is just undeniably grim.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

ShaneMacGowansTeeth posted:

The first part of the Hillsborough is like a disaster movie, where you see all these horrible decisions made that lead up to the tragedy, and the second just makes you get actually angrier and angrier at the sheer injustice of it all. But some of the crowd footage, and especially the footage which looks like it was taken from just above the Leppings Lane terrace is just undeniably grim.

Last year for some reason I watched Hillsborough, Dear Zachary, The Act of Killing and all three parts of Paradise Lost in the span of a couple of months. I think it prepared me pretty well for the constant stream of rage and sadness that has defined 2017 and will continue for the foreseeable future.

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Oh my god that last Highly Questionable was like the 1-2-3 of why I love that show.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Henchman of Santa posted:

Last year for some reason I watched Hillsborough, Dear Zachary, The Act of Killing and all three parts of Paradise Lost in the span of a couple of months. I think it prepared me pretty well for the constant stream of rage and sadness that has defined 2017 and will continue for the foreseeable future.

Dear Zachary pisses me off so loving much. I raged when I saw that the first time.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

algebra testes posted:

Oh my god that last Highly Questionable was like the 1-2-3 of why I love that show.

couldn't watch, what did they do?

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy

iospace posted:

couldn't watch, what did they do?

Double headlines so they could spend the time getting mad about the Marlins trade.

Asking Dan about the Bachelor causing him to leave the set.

Papi getting someone with the fake handshake.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
https://twitter.com/soshnick/status/940434348444176384

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

algebra testes posted:

Papi getting someone with the fake handshake.

that's my boy

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

https://deadspin.com/nfl-network-suspends-marshall-faulk-ike-taylor-heath-1821206708

quote:

[...]

Jami Cantor, who worked as a wardrobe stylist for NFL Network, filed a wrongful termination suit against NFL Enterprises in Los Angeles Superior Court back in October.

[...]

She said that both Taylor and Weinberger sent her inappropriate pictures, with Taylor additionally sending her a video of him masturbating in the shower. Cantor also noted that Weinberger said on one occasion that she was “put on earth to pleasure me” and pressed his crotch against her, asking her to touch it. She also described receiving explicit texts from former NFL Network analyst Donovan McNabb, who currently appears on ESPN.

[...]

In addition to the incidents described above, Cantor notes Weinberger requesting that she join him in an office bathroom because he was “super horny” and sending her a text reading, “watching you walk down the hall makes me crazy, your rear end drives me insane.”

She notes that Evans propositioned her multiple times and repeatedly made lewd overtures:

quote:

Heath Evans sent Plaintiff nude pictures of himself on at least two separate occasions. Mr. Evans constantly propositioned Plaintiff to have sex with him. Mr. Evans also made several sexually inappropriate comments to Plaintiff, such as, “you’re making me horny,” and “needed to get in you deep and hard.”

[...]

quote:

Mr. Sapp also gave Plaintiff sex toys as a Christmas gifts three years in a row, showed Plaintiff nude pictures of numerous women he claimed to have slept with, and openly talked about his sex life in front of Plaintiff and other NFL employees, including supervisors.

Some of the specific texts she received from McNabb are also included:

quote:

including but not limited to, asking Plaintiff if she was a “squirter,” telling Plaintiff she “looked like the kind of girl that squirted when getting hosed,” “CUM to dinner with me,” and “why don’t you CUM over after work.”

[...]

There's a lot more, but I just picked out the things that I think are theoretically usable as evidence in court.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Elitist Bitch posted:

I like To The Limit. Story about the NASCAR driver that Days of Thunder was loosely based off of that NASCAR has tried really, really hard to bury thanks to the awful way his illness and death was handled (he died of complications from AIDS). Even if you're not a NASCAR or auto racing fan it's an interesting look at how AIDS was handled by real people in the early days of the epidemic (although I'll admit that what I saw made me sad). He could have been one of the greatest drivers in NASCAR history but died when he was 34.

uhhh wasnt that produced by NASCAR? I thought goons hated it because it whitewashes all the bad things NASCAR did.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Basticle posted:

uhhh wasnt that produced by NASCAR? I thought goons hated it because it whitewashes all the bad things NASCAR did.

this is correct

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

This Weinberger fella seems like a real jerk!

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd

What does "suspended from their duties pending an investigation into the allegations" mean, legally? Are they kinda permanently suspended until the lawsuit concludes so the NFL doesn't get hit with even more wrongful termination suits if the first suit doesn't succeed? Or do they do an internal investigation and say wow we're going to lose this suit and fire them, which means they definitely lose the suit because they implicate themselves?

man, employing a staff of mostly rot-brained nth-percentile-testosterone-producers used to star treatment must be a legal nightmare

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

EvanTH posted:

What does "suspended from their duties pending an investigation into the allegations" mean, legally? Are they kinda permanently suspended until the lawsuit concludes so the NFL doesn't get hit with even more wrongful termination suits if the first suit doesn't succeed? Or do they do an internal investigation and say wow we're going to lose this suit and fire them, which means they definitely lose the suit because they implicate themselves?

man, employing a staff of mostly rot-brained nth-percentile-testosterone-producers used to star treatment must be a legal nightmare

They're likely all contracted so suspending (likely with pay) them basically is the cleanest way to handle things for now as an employer. It basically puts them in a legal and PR purgatory where they can quietly work to pin allegations to names before potentially terminating anyone. Firing them immediately potentially creates its own issues if you're not 100% sure it's them. If you keep them on camera like nothing's wrong, it's a terrible look.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Kibner posted:

Some of the specific texts she received from McNabb are also included:

quote:

including but not limited to, asking Plaintiff if she was a “squirter,” telling Plaintiff she “looked like the kind of girl that squirted when getting hosed,” “CUM to dinner with me,” and “why don’t you CUM over after work.”

:mcnabb: :mcnabb: :mcnabb:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

DJExile posted:

They're likely all contracted so suspending (likely with pay) them basically is the cleanest way to handle things for now as an employer. It basically puts them in a legal and PR purgatory where they can quietly work to pin allegations to names before potentially terminating anyone. Firing them immediately potentially creates its own issues if you're not 100% sure it's them. If you keep them on camera like nothing's wrong, it's a terrible look.

The Scott Hall solution