Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Oxyclean posted:

If you finish the merucry story content, you'll be prompted to do some adventures, do those and the vendor on mercury will offer this prophecy item that requires consumables to "fill." Once filled, you turn it into a unique gun, there's like 10 of them.

The prophecy consumables come from a specific sources (ie: one is from public quests, one is from strikes, one is from cruicible, IIRC.) and in two rarities. 10 of the uncommon ones and a bunch of legendary shards can be converted into the rare one.

Other games like Overwatch are getting away with it. There's obviously still people who take umbrage with micro / blind box, but if you tell your audience it's funding future free game updates, and actually deliver on it, a lot more people are suddenly okay or willing to defend it.

Anything would be better then triple dipping full retail, micro blind box AND season pass.

ah, i need to finish off the story missions this weekend then. the past weekend was all laser tag for me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

wyoak posted:

No, prestige went up too

It's going back down to 300 so that players without curse of osirus can still participate in it

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Professor Cthulhu posted:

are any of the guns any good though

Yes

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Because light level is basically a meaningless stat, if they actually make a point of making people's levels cap at 305 inside the prestige mode there would be literally no change in difficulty, right?

I imagine they won't do this and people will get snarky about how paying for CoO makes it easier or something.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS
Glad I remembered to finish up the milestones for the week that reward decent gear before today's reset! Owns loving owns owns owns

I'm still loving the poo poo out of this game

I ran a pubbie strike last night, and of my 89 kills, 50 were precision. That was cool as hell

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

nickhimself posted:

I ran a pubbie strike last night, and of my 89 kills, 50 were precision. That was cool as hell

Actually thats a loving poo poo number, rear end hole. You wanna know why? Because grenades and punches aren't precision. Work on it

ImPureAwesome
Sep 6, 2007

the king of the beach

Wilekat posted:

Because light level is basically a meaningless stat, if they actually make a point of making people's levels cap at 305 inside the prestige mode there would be literally no change in difficulty, right?

I imagine they won't do this and people will get snarky about how paying for CoO makes it easier or something.

That's essentially my question, yeah. Hopefully it's easier cause I'm lazy

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

Wilekat posted:

content that you over-level has a cap on how ‘easy’ it gets due to light (and it’s not a very big change). i don’t remember who described it this way, but light is less ‘gaining strength’ and more ‘losing weakness’. as you approach the recommended power level for something, it gets less and less difficult until it reaches the ‘right’ difficulty, and doesn’t get much easier from there.

nickhimself
Jul 16, 2007

I GIVE YOU MY INFO YOU LOG IN AND PUT IN BUILD I PAY YOU 3 BLESSINGS

Control Volume posted:

Actually thats a loving poo poo number, rear end hole. You wanna know why? Because grenades and punches aren't precision. Work on it

drat that's true I guess I'll have to run a strike where all I do is punch dudes in their faces and/or butts for kills.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

nickhimself posted:

Glad I remembered to finish up the milestones for the week that reward decent gear before today's reset! Owns loving owns owns owns

I'm still loving the poo poo out of this game

You have seen nothing. Once we convince Bungie to put supers cooldowns on normal levels you will be living in a new game world where you will measure strikes by the number of orbs generated. And thats the good poo poo.

Current Destiny has a tight speed limiter once that is broken is party time all day all the days.

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
If you want a picture of the future, imagine a titan punching a Valus in the balls, forever.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Nearly every post you make, you act like you've been personally slighted.

The meltdown he looks for every week is himself.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Yes I am melting

Y'all I know my posting is bad. It's not some loving new revelation.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Tei posted:

You have seen nothing. Once we convince Bungie to put supers cooldowns on normal levels you will be living in a new game world where you will measure strikes by the number of orbs generated. And thats the good poo poo.

I do this now :smug: tho my actual criteria isn't how many did I make, but how many times more did I make than my two teammates combined.

(Orpheus Rig Nightstalker + a keen sense of when and where)

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Cowcaster posted:

ah, i need to finish off the story missions this weekend then. the past weekend was all laser tag for me

Same.

Hoping to get that gnarly looking Scout Rifle. Any weapons I should be on the lookout for?

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

J.A.B.C. posted:

Same.

Hoping to get that gnarly looking Scout Rifle. Any weapons I should be on the lookout for?

If you haven't gotten to the point where you are rewarded a weapon selection, the auto rifle 'positive outlook' is all things good.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough
hey bungie what happened to the exo stranger? did the vex destroy her timeline? is that why the mercury pulse rifle looks like her future gun?

*writes 6000 word reddit lore post*

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

J.A.B.C. posted:

Same.

Low key, Legendary new to CoO I had drop from Banshee, energy scout Metronome-52. Precision is the innate perk, with Full Auto. I was using it in Eater of Worlds last night to great success. Very chill to use (the flavor text even is something like, "Suros urges you to keep it steady") and definitely worth holding on to if you're a scout fan.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Tokubetsu posted:

hey bungie what happened to the exo stranger? did the vex destroy her timeline? is that why the mercury pulse rifle looks like her future gun?

*writes 6000 word reddit lore post*

Luke Smith say that we must forget about the character. But he is not the one that write the lore of the game.

There are hints in the lore that maybe our reality is not real, but exist inside a larger version of the Infinite Forest and the stranger where shooping different realities in this infinite forest to find a solution to his problems.

That the vex turned reality inside down, the physical universe into a simulation inside one of their machines where they have admin powers.

https://kb.vmware.com/s/article/1018406
(article is not related)

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

I looked at the Overwatch shortcut today. Then I laughed. It’s fun, but Destiny deeeefinitely has waaaay more content, and that is the reason I never picked it fully up.

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Dec 12, 2017

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Tei posted:

There are hints in the lore that maybe our reality is not real, but exist inside a larger version of the Infinite Forest and the stranger where shooping different realities in this infinite forest to find a solution to his problems.

Sincerely, I'm pretty sure science today gives over 50% probability (80 something?) that irl is a simulation. Descartes and we're just vat brains and poo poo. While interesting, also completely meaningless.

Tho within Destiny it would at least be an amusing explanation as to why Guardians are such retards that our idea of saving the world is to knowingly play games within a simulation to the amusement of the Vex, when not doing the real heavy lifting of being heroes by playing games for the amusement of an insane alien dictator and helping fix his machine which is actively destroying our solar system. :downsbravo:

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm going to miss Lens pvp. I finally got a better devils from it. Also I learned to love void hunter PVP. Now if I could just get a celestial nighthawk sometime soon I'll be a happy camper.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I love how in the later Heroic Adventures your ghost acknowledges that the Vex are studying you in the infinite forest, and you're just like "gently caress it" *continues shooting things.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

Control Volume posted:

I like the content in this game and wish there was more of it

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

cvnvcnv posted:

Sincerely, I'm pretty sure science today gives over 50% probability (80 something?) that irl is a simulation. Descartes and we're just vat brains and poo poo. While interesting, also completely meaningless.

Tho within Destiny it would at least be an amusing explanation as to why Guardians are such retards that our idea of saving the world is to knowingly play games within a simulation to the amusement of the Vex, when not doing the real heavy lifting of being heroes by playing games for the amusement of an insane alien dictator and helping fix his machine which is actively destroying our solar system. :downsbravo:

This is why FWC is the best faction. Everything is war and strife. Embrace it, become better at it. Which also makes hive the best faction with it's sword logic oh god we're all the same, it doesn't matter. Life is meaningless. Everything is mirrors.

*jumps into the shores of time*

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib

Norns posted:

I love how in the later Heroic Adventures your ghost acknowledges that the Vex are studying you in the infinite forest, and you're just like "gently caress it" *continues shooting things.
the vex are apparently pretty dumb, Osiris mentions that you're completely unpredictable to them but all you do is shoot and punch stuff which seems pretty predictable to me

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Tokubetsu posted:

This is why FWC is the best faction. Everything is war and strife. Embrace it, become better at it. Which also makes hive the best faction with it's sword logic oh god we're all the same, it doesn't matter. Life is meaningless. Everything is mirrors.

Best of all, loving Chrisjen from The Expanse is your faction rep. I keep expecting her to make offhand comments about the tragedy of the Donnager, and the conflicts it sparked.

bij
Feb 24, 2007

You can get the new forge weapons from token turn-ins at Vance, I was pleasantly surprised when he threw a duplicate scout rifle at me.

I can't get super worked up about Eververse but the armor sets this time are actually pretty cool looking so I'm going to have to save my space dust.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Spanish Manlove posted:

Now if I could just get a celestial nighthawk sometime soon I'll be a happy camper.

*gives you every last Exotic engram I will ever obtain because 7 of every 10 contains it

Go nuts, bud.

Tokubetsu posted:

Hell, same. I'm ready to just dip my dick into radiolarian and embrace a new lifestyle.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Some guy was shooting at him and he just sat there dancing with his friend that kept trans-matting a table and tossing it into the air while his buddies drove donuts around him on their sparrows... how the gently caress do we write an algorithm to predict that?

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Why is Hunter the only class with more than one spec?

Also don't think too hard about the Vex, they are poorly conceived.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

cvnvcnv posted:

https://gfycat.com/gifs/detail/AdeptAbleBigmouthbass

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Tokubetsu posted:

Future Nascar Cult owns yes

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Wheeee posted:

Titans have captain america, thor, and fire thor. There's no real wrong decision with them.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Wheeee posted:

Titan has 3 and Warlock has 2 whatcha going in about

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Dietrich posted:

Some guy was shooting at him and he just sat there dancing with his friend that kept trans-matting a table and tossing it into the air while his buddies drove donuts around him on their sparrows... how the gently caress do we write an algorithm to predict that?

Probably early in their simulations they were getting random periods of Daikatana level AI-guardian performance and patched it out thinking it had to be a bug.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Tokubetsu posted:

I wish they played up the "PS, while Dead Orbit is talking about abandoning your friends and family to flee into space, we were saving refugees when the guardians hosed it in the Intro mission" angle a little bit more, but then I realize there is no way for them to do that without being pretentious assholes instead of the current "We like- A: GOOD AT WAR. B: SAVING YOU FROM WAR C: NASCAR"

I guess I just like a surface level tryhard faction literally naming themself "Future War Cult" being just sort of chill while Dead Orbit keeps trying to go whole hog edgelord thinking it's a competition.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Daybreak... Is good

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I honestly didn't really mind it since I got CoO and don't actually intend to go hard on the savage/ex content in this game, but tbh the ease with which Bungo's re-ungating the prestige stuff that was already in vanilla just further demonstrates that there really was no good reason to gate them behind the expac to begin with.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path

before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Shifty Pony posted:

Probably early in their simulations they were getting random periods of Daikatana level AI-guardian performance and patched it out thinking it had to be a bug.

The Vex: We will simulate reality towards Victory. These simulations will reveal more as they progress, thus allow us more to simulate; a self-sustaining cycle into a total and absolute understanding of everything that ever is, was, or will be, ensuring our chess is perfect every time. After a point, we will, in effect, surpass reality and be able to weave our own by introducing our simulated probability-branches, effectively then equal to reality itself.

Guardians: I consider Victory to be this extremely stylish Three Wolf Moon breastplate, also doing kickflips off mountains with the express intention of dying. Now watch this drive.

The Vex:

• Locked thread