Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Eopia posted:

Hello fellow newbies, I have a hot tip for everyone. So you're in need of ores and gems for various things, but you only find one or two nodes in a general area? Well there's a number of special caves with grineer doors around the map that are filled to the brim with ore and gem nodes. I'm talking 40+ in a single cave. As far as I can tell there's five of them and only one is open at a time. One of them is right to the left of the gates as you're leaving, next to the geyser pond. Happy hunting!

Wait, only one open at a time? Did they change something cause I thought those caves only open up when you have a bounty that takes place in them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Oh my God everyone is being so generous I don't even know what to ask for. Forum is same as ign.

Someone call DE and have them unvault Ember for Christmas.

a real rude dude
Jan 23, 2005

I'll take some taters, ign is neverdave

bbcisdabomb
Jan 15, 2008

SHEESH

Helter Skelter posted:

Tell me know the clan name and I'll toss out an invite this evening.

Leaving a Sinking Tenno

I was entirely too "clever" naming it. I need to come up with a new name.

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

Someone call DE and have them unvault Ember for Christmas.

Not emptyquotin'

aleksendr
May 14, 2014

kxZyle posted:

Oh hey Tennobaum.

Quote this post for a gift of (pick two items from the list):

• Three Orokin Reactors
  • Three Orokin Catalysts
  • Three Exilus Adapters
  • Two Warframe and Three (times two) Weapon slots
  • One Sentinel from the market
  • One Color Pack from the market
  • One 7-day booster of any type
  • One 75-plat Warframe helmet

Don't forget to include your two picks and in-game name in the quote. Limit's ten people.

Hello generous Tenno. I could really use the slots or the reactors. Poor Ember has been months without one and my prime toxic space barbie is going to need one.

in game name is Aleksendr.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

What's the best way to dispose of duplicate blueprints? Or is there a good reason to hang onto them?

Orthodox Rabbit
Jun 2, 2006

This game is perfect for empty-headed dunces that don't like to think much!! Of course, I'm a genius... I wonder why I'm so good at it?!
Thanks for the taters and tomatoes.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

Pipski posted:

What's the best way to dispose of duplicate blueprints? Or is there a good reason to hang onto them?

In general? For non-prime blueprints you can sell them for credits, which is a reasonable way to make some money. If you play for a while you will accumulate a lot of, e.g., Harrow Chassis BPs and Oberon BPs, and selling them can supplement regular credit income.

Prime blueprints should either be sold to other players for platinum (if rare/vaulted) or turned into ducats to buy Baro Ki'Teer's stuff.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Thanks for the slots Tallgeese!

Merry Tennobaum all!

Sarcastastic
Mar 9, 2013

It's a kind of magic.

Psion posted:

honestly if there was a way to gift thousands of polymer bundles i'd probably ask for that. I need SO MUCH OF IT. :sigh:

I'd be happy to help you farm them. Some goons and I had a pretty sweet farming setup with Hydroid and my Nekros a while back, and I got something like 30k in a single run. I had a doubler, but yeah.

MelvinBison
Nov 17, 2012

"Is this the ideal world that you envisioned?"
"I guess you could say that."

Pillbug

kxZyle posted:

Okay, nutranurse, bbcisdabomb, and MelvinBison should have all received their gifts. That concludes the giveaway. Thanks for participating and thanks, Gaist, for the noggle. It's nodding along happily on my market desk now. :allears:

Thank you very much!

WALL of SCIENCE!
Feb 8, 2003

I'm good. You good?
Warframe thread, I love Nezha, but I'm not sure how to build him. Do his 1 and 2 have any real purpose? It feels like the 3 and 4 are the big players. And my understanding is that his damage doesn't scale very well, but that his 4 is some excellent AoE CC, right?

Is Safeguard something I want to have going all the time, or is it situational depending on the mission?

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

MJ12 posted:

In general? For non-prime blueprints you can sell them for credits, which is a reasonable way to make some money. If you play for a while you will accumulate a lot of, e.g., Harrow Chassis BPs and Oberon BPs, and selling them can supplement regular credit income.

Prime blueprints should either be sold to other players for platinum (if rare/vaulted) or turned into ducats to buy Baro Ki'Teer's stuff.

Cool. Cheers!

uh zip zoom
May 28, 2003

Sensitive Thugs Need Hugs

hey if I want to play with goons but don't necessarily want to join the guild, you guys have a discord server or something?

Edit: yeah found it

uh zip zoom fucked around with this message at 20:04 on Dec 12, 2017

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

uh zip zoom posted:

hey if I want to play with goons but don't necessarily want to join the guild, you guys have a discord server or something?

its in the OP

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

WALL of SCIENCE! posted:

Warframe thread, I love Nezha, but I'm not sure how to build him. Do his 1 and 2 have any real purpose? It feels like the 3 and 4 are the big players. And my understanding is that his damage doesn't scale very well, but that his 4 is some excellent AoE CC, right?

Is Safeguard something I want to have going all the time, or is it situational depending on the mission?

Nezha is slippery Rhino. Safeguard is your Iron Skin. Build for Power mostly. The augment will allow you to cast safeguard on allies which helps if someone in your group is squishy. His 1 makes you move even faster, his 2 is useless.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Broose posted:

Wait, only one open at a time? Did they change something cause I thought those caves only open up when you have a bounty that takes place in them.

I found the one by the geyser pond open after entering the plains on free roam without a bounty, I didn't even know they existed beforehand.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

RFC2324 posted:

i use Helios. vacuum is what is important

Vacuum is a universal mod though? I guess if you care about scans, it's not really a big deal.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

wiegieman posted:

Vacuum is a universal mod though? I guess if you care about scans, it's not really a big deal.

thats my point... what makes carrier better now that vacuum isn't carrier only?

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
It now innately converts ammo.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

It now innately converts ammo.

I have never had a problem with running out of ammo without it. To each their own tho :)

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

Tallgeese posted:

It's gift giving time.

For those of you in the clan who did not get in on the gifts from me some weeks ago, now is your chance.

One gift per person. Not limited to market items, can ask for prime sets.

That is all.

can i get a tigris prime BP if this is still going on <3

ign holyshoot316

Holyshoot fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Dec 12, 2017

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Nezha's 2 isn't totally useless - it makes for a handy mobility tool since recasting with it deployed teleports you to its location. I mean, I'd never build around it, but it's worth using if you're trying to get out of (or into) trouble in a hurry.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

RFC2324 posted:

thats my point... what makes carrier better now that vacuum isn't carrier only?

carrier prime looks sweet as gently caress, mostly

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.
she's up

wallets out, boys

https://www.warframe.com/prime-access

Moatman
Mar 21, 2014

Because the goof is all mine.

RFC2324 posted:

I have never had a problem with running out of ammo without it. To each their own tho :)

Have you met my good friend Twin Vipers Wraith? Or I guess twin graks but they actually have a proper ammo store unlike twin vipers.

Horace Kinch
Aug 15, 2007

Trying to solo T5 bounties without an opticor makes sentinel's ammo conversion a godsend. Or you could just use an opticor, but it's fun to mix things up.

Dely Apple
Apr 22, 2006

Sing me Spanish Techno

When I started as the general publord Frost P and Soma P template user, the only way I didn't go dry was to Carrier. Then I bought a Primed Rifle Mutation, because when life offers you something crazy, you buy it to hold on to. Sometimes you just have to fire, forever. I don't think it's possible to go under full ammo if I put that in there with Carrier.

I secretly want Diriga to be cool and good.

Khorne
May 1, 2002

Moatman posted:

Have you met my good friend Twin Vipers Wraith? Or I guess twin graks but they actually have a proper ammo store unlike twin vipers.
I'm about to later tonight when it finishes baking. I am now missing only 12 guns, and most of them are prime weapons that aren't vaulted. :getin:

I usually like really ammo efficient weapons.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

quote:

Okay, I'm gonna sink 1000 plat into gifts. For PC people.

Those eligible: Preferably just newbies who think that they will stick with the game would be nice so it doesn't go to waste on an account that will never be played on again.

First 10 to post their in-game names will be given the gift of 100 plat worth of weapon or warframe slots of your choice, but no more than 100 plat will be given. Weapon slots are 2 for 12 plat, warframe slots are 20 for 1, sentinel slots are ... 2 for 12 as well? I believe archwing stuff follows weapon and warframe pricing. I'll gift them after I am back at home (9 hours).

So far I only got Nate405 and possibly Gillermus(?) that has taken up my offer. Anyone else? Quote my post, type your in-game name, and if you want the combination of slots you want.

Sazabi
Feb 15, 2014

A-MA-ZON!!

Broose posted:

So far I only got Nate405 and possibly Gillermus(?) that has taken up my offer. Anyone else? Quote my post, type your in-game name, and if you want the combination of slots you want.

If no one is gonna take up your offer I'd like 2 Warframe slots and the rest in weapons.
Vayan in game.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

Broose posted:

Those eligible: Preferably just newbies who think that they will stick with the game would be nice so it doesn't go to waste on an account that will never be played on again.

First 10 to post their in-game names will be given the gift of 100 plat worth of weapon or warframe slots of your choice, but no more than 100 plat will be given. Weapon slots are 2 for 12 plat, warframe slots are 20 for 1, sentinel slots are ... 2 for 12 as well? I believe archwing stuff follows weapon and warframe pricing. I'll gift them after I am back at home (9 hours).

I'd be down for some weapon slots or straight-up potatoes. I've become a weapon-aholic and I need more room for more, more, more!

In-game name: Cybercooties

Keldosh
Dec 25, 2010

Broose posted:

I’d take you up on a mix of frame and weapon!

IGN - keldosh

I’ve been playing for about a month though and if there are newer players than me they should take priority

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Broose posted:

if no one else is claiming them I'll take more frame slots. I want to have ALL the frames, and maybe a few spares just to have 2 at once :v

If someone else claims it, tallgeese already gave me some so give it to them

Jowj
Dec 25, 2010

My favourite player and idol. His battles with his wrists mirror my own battles with the constant disgust I feel towards my zerg bugs.

Broose posted:

I'll take a mix of a weapons and frames in that order! In game name is cyberfunk_future

Scuba Trooper
Feb 25, 2006

Any tips on rolling a riven for a Dera Vandal?

commish
Sep 17, 2009

RFC2324 posted:

How?! I would run out constantly if not, at least that's what I think. I don't think some guns are usable without it, e.g., grakatas of any flavor. Hmm but then again, I use melee and Astilla 95% of the time nowadays, so ammo is not an issue. I haven't even looked at the other options because GRAKATA.

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

I'm another one who's off in another tiny guild with a few other goons -- definitely would like to join the alliance.

All the Christmas spirit in this thread makes me feel so :3:

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

Broose posted:

well okay, notpsion, how about three frames and six weapons? I think that equates out to 96?

:)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plastic Pal
Jun 5, 2004

~ It's you. Only you. ~

And to add -- not expecting anything at all of course :shobon: -- but throwing it out there anyway just in case someone feels extra kind:

My nerd space ninja xmas list contains Rhino's Palatine Skin...and/or of course the endless need for exilus adapters & both potato varieties.

IGN FlatDevice

Plastic Pal fucked around with this message at 10:28 on Dec 13, 2017