Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
just get your servant to hold the device

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
holding and using your phone with one hand was a foolhardy fever dream of steve jobs

tim knows your phone is so important to your life that it should require your full physical and mental attention at all times to use

iphonxi will feature a new engagement enforcement technology that if you do not touch the phone with both hands and keep constant eye contact with the screen it will violently detonate, the screen and casing splitting using the new ifrag that we think you're going to love

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

actually, the new iphone will be iphone y

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

cinci zoo sniper posted:

actually, the new iphone will be iphone y

iphoney, iphoney, leave me aloney

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
ok fine it can have a tiny bezel on the side like on the 10.5 to put your stupid thumbs but thats it

Plorkyeran
Mar 22, 2007

To Escape The Shackles Of The Old Forums, We Must Reject The Tribal Negativity He Endorsed
so apparently by default safari doesn't show the url at all for pages with a ev cert even though the names attached to ev certs aren't unique

brilliant design

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Stymie posted:

holding and using your phone with one hand was a foolhardy fever dream of steve jobs

tim knows your phone is so important to your life that it should require your full physical and mental attention at all times to use

iphonxi will feature a new engagement enforcement technology that if you do not touch the phone with both hands and keep constant eye contact with the screen it will violently detonate, the screen and casing splitting using the new ifrag that we think you're going to love

you should get into the beta program imo

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
airport extreme update released, couldn’t be arsed to provide a changelog or even update the latest firmware version on the website, so it’s probably just a fix for krack

Bulgogi Hoagie
Jun 1, 2012

We
probably with an extra 3 security bugs sprinkled on top since apple seems to really really not like unit testing these days

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

poty posted:

a paper notebook doesnt have bezels

It's probably equivalent to a margin.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

pram posted:

you should get into the beta program imo

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

Bulgogi Hoagie posted:

airport extreme update released, couldn’t be arsed to provide a changelog or even update the latest firmware version on the website, so it’s probably just a fix for krack

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208354
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208258

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-h5Mhlt6O0

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
gunmetal AESTHETIC

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

we'll all be able to buy a much needed $5,000 imac pro soon

pram
Jun 10, 2001
too cheap. theres a slim chance some proles might get their hands on one. steve come back

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

HAIL eSATA-n posted:

we'll all be able to buy a much needed $5,000 imac pro soon

"pro" because literally nothing is upgradeable

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I want a Mac Pro with slots and drive bays. gently caress you jony, I don’t give a poo poo how it looks.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

The Management posted:

I want a Mac Pro with slots and drive bays. gently caress you jony, I don’t give a poo poo how it looks.

also cooling. it should be able to sustain a workload.

WilWheaton
Oct 11, 2006

It'd be hard to get bored on this ship!

im the awkward box covering the stand

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

The Management posted:

also cooling. it should be able to sustain a workload.

lol a "pro" workload is running photoshop elements to auto-retouch the jpegs pulled off your $10k dslr

nobody has used a mac for anything more involved than that since they ditched the cheese grater

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

WilWheaton posted:

im the awkward box covering the stand

because this "pro" workstation doesn't have a height adjustable display

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

tbf "pro" to most computer touchers is an 8 year old rack server running 2008r2 and being remoted into on a 4:3 lcd

e: the mouse is on a dirty mouse pad and the sensitivity is 2 clicks from minimum

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

The Management posted:

also haven't u heard? you don't need slots and drive bays, all that poo poo is thunderbolt external peripheral boxes now. that's why buddy's got an 8-disk jbod box on he desk

need some dsps or a compute card? just dump em in your external pci-e enclosure

need discrete graphics that aren't some amd firegl shitheap? lol, no you don't this is osx, what are you even going to use them for?

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

if you need that then maybe buy a different computer?

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

its like people bitching about the macbook

"oh I can't plug my 30 usb peripherals in at the same time and an external monitor and my headphones"

then loving buy something that will let you do that, and not this thing that wont

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

the point is this is supposed to be a "pro" mac.

up until 2012 that was a feature of the macs pro, then that stopped being a feature of macs of any stripe. the only way to buy a mac that will do that is to buy a used cheese grater mac pro from 2012

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

so people keep making fun of pro branded bullshit with no usable ports or expandability

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

infernal machines posted:

also haven't u heard? you don't need slots and drive bays, all that poo poo is thunderbolt external peripheral boxes now. that's why buddy's got an 8-disk jbod box on he desk

need some dsps or a compute card? just dump em in your external pci-e enclosure

need discrete graphics that aren't some amd firegl shitheap? lol, no you don't this is osx, what are you even going to use them for?

I was literally looking to buy an external pcie enclosure to do this a few weeks ago. but then I did the math on the cost and said gently caress it. I did buy a laptop cooler (blue leds, yo) so that I can keep using my MacBook “pro” without major thermal throttling. gently caress you jony.

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the hack jonny ives made a bad laptop and blamed NVidia so now you cant have good video cards.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

just need to make an aftermarket phase change cooler (read: air conditioner) that mounts conveniently over the back of this imac pro, to enable it to run at maximum performance

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
my 2017 macintosh notebook professional has had a grand total of one (1) things plugged into it so far: the charging cable

thanks to its All Day Battery Life, i'm not even mad that i gotta flip the whole dang thing upside down to charge it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

this is the current state-of-the-art solution for macs pro expandability

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1043540-REG/sonnet_xmac_ps_xmac_pro_server_pcie.html

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

just build a loving hackintosh lmao

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

NEED MORE MILK posted:

just buy a loving optiplex lmao

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
its a mountable tower for your cpu, ram, drives, and pci cards. they have invented a tower

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

the mac pro was such a stupid design and I can't believe apple let it out into the wild like that

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

akadajet posted:

the mac pro was such a stupid design and I can't believe apple let it out into the wild like that

can’t innovate, my rear end

lol even at the time I thought that was going to bite him in that huge fat rear end

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

akadajet posted:

image you had a computer that uses proprietary components because of its rather curious design, and any other hardware you want to attach to it now has to occupy your entire desk

now that's innovative.

brave even.

infernal machines fucked around with this message at 01:50 on Dec 13, 2017