Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde

NecroMonster posted:

there any database for shaper/elder mods yet?

http://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Shaper

http://poedb.tw/us/mod.php?cn=Elder

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Under shaper.

Suffix-ilvl 85-(8–10)% increased Quantity of Items found-Amulets
Prefix-ilvl 85-(2–3)% increased Experience gain-Rings

Eezee
Apr 3, 2011

My double chin turned out to be a huge cyst

silvergoose posted:

I know...

Any answer about the supporter packs?

There are probably Abyss packs in a week or so if none of the current ones strike your fancy.

silvergoose
Mar 18, 2006

IT IS SAID THE TEARS OF THE BWEENIX CAN HEAL ALL WOUNDS

Eezee posted:

There are probably Abyss packs in a week or so if none of the current ones strike your fancy.

Thanks. This is the answer I was unable to pose the question properly.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Tuned into youtube and saw they finally added a map stash and uh dang guess I'm buying an abyss pack and playing this again soon as they release

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

I'm looking for a brand new broken as gently caress class to lazy play, what are my options?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Pastry Mistakes posted:

I'm looking for a brand new broken as gently caress class to lazy play, what are my options?

glacial cascade saboteur

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

I did that last league, but gently caress it if it will murder everything without any effort. It hasn't been nerfed at all?

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it actually got a buff with the threshold jewels didnt it?

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Pastry Mistakes posted:

I did that last league, but gently caress it if it will murder everything without any effort. It hasn't been nerfed at all?

it got a threshold jewel and the new shaper/elder mods include large "% physical damage as added fire/cold damage" modifiers

Jazerus fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Dec 13, 2017

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

Is there no way to reuse a previous seasons character to play again for the new season?

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

huh shavs are like 1-2 ex, i might actually afford this LL occultist

still gotta get good rolls on decay tho

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Pastry Mistakes posted:

Is there no way to reuse a previous seasons character to play again for the new season?

Nope, the whole point of leagues is that it's a fresh start for everyone.

Pastry Mistakes
Apr 6, 2009

whypick1 posted:

Nope, the whole point of leagues is that it's a fresh start for everyone.

I just figured we could reuse the same character and have them start fresh like how D3 does it (no items/level rollover from previous seasons), that way we don't eat a bunch of character slots. Oh well.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I just delete whatever my lowest level or least geared character is in standard, don't play standard except for a few minutes to test a new thing or to use all the vaal orbs to get a feel for RNG.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet

Pastry Mistakes posted:

I just figured we could reuse the same character and have them start fresh like how D3 does it (no items/level rollover from previous seasons), that way we don't eat a bunch of character slots. Oh well.

I feel you, because I'm very attached to the character names I come up with and am currently full up on character slots. It'd be easier if there was a way to archive a character/tree/gear, but I figure that's a ton of extra overhead for very little upside on GGG's part. Mostly though I'm just squatting on the names. One of these days I'll come up with a Scion character that doesn't suck and JillNyeTheScionGal shall rise again.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

silvergoose posted:

Thanks. This is the answer I was unable to pose the question properly.

The other half of the answer is that if you buy a points-only pack, its cost can be credited against a supporter pack, up to 80% of the supporter pack's cost.

i.e. if you buy $20 in points now, then later want to buy the $30 supporter pack, it'll only cost you $10 to upgrade.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Standard characters may as well not exist, just delete them

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

it can be nice to have some high level standard characters kicking around for testing purposes

Mover
Jun 30, 2008

So about those slayer nerfs :lol:

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

rayamn on suicide watch

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Oh I give up, gonna play tonight. I liked GC mines when I tried it mid-Harbinger, let's see how it does as an outright starter.

theshim
May 1, 2012

You think you can defeat ME, Ephraimcopter?!?

You couldn't even beat Assassincopter!!!

Ciaphas posted:

Oh I give up, gonna play tonight. I liked GC mines when I tried it mid-Harbinger, let's see how it does as an outright starter.
dibs on your first exalt

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

theshim posted:

dibs on your first exalt

na m8

I forgot they were redoing Lightning Tendrils, how'd that turn out?

mbt
Aug 13, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

na m8

pretty good

the power level of the game is far outpacing the content now

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Ciaphas posted:

na m8

It's been pretty strong for early leveling, but I'm not sure how good it will be at higher level content, probably workable.

CuddlyZombie
Nov 6, 2005

I wuv your brains.

Could I possibly get a guild invite for CuddlyZombie?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

I might as well ask for one for CiaphasTheMinesJack (:v:) while we're at it.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

this map tab is exploitation! :mad:

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Awesome! posted:

come on bruh

CDW
Aug 26, 2004
NICE PATCH!Made me delete content.GGPK then it alocated space for the whole 9 giga then proceded to basically reinstall the game only that it didn t replace anything it just made another copy inthe same freaking folder...so after I reinstalled 5 hours took another 5 hours to delete everything and reinstall again????NICE NICE NICE 10 hours gone all the setings gone after it was an absolute pain in the rear end adjusting everything every patch now i start from 0.I m not even gonna start ty for taking money im done.Took a whole hour just to delete checking resources 30 mins or more allocating space hours wtf is this crap???Nice shader cache folder 173337 items...

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Awesome! posted:

I don't know why anyone expected it to be super-cheap. It's the same price as a quad tab and stores much more.

..btt
Mar 26, 2008

Awesome! posted:

Yeah! gently caress PoE and its blatantly exploitative monetisation model! Why can't it be more like all those mobile games or F2P MMOs?

u got mares in yr house
Feb 23, 2001

Is the map stash tab fixed yet? Someone on reddit said the latest fix actually broke it for them instead.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Is there any way to set up Animate Guardian items in PoB?

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Awesome! posted:

As someone who's spent an ungodly amount of money on this game, I do wish that these sorts of huge QoL improvements didn't cost the amount of money they did. If nothing else, it makes it harder for me to sell it to people as an F2P game. (I also wish they wouldn't do lootboxes since I think lootboxes are kinda scummy in general, but at least they have a normal mtx store too.)

..btt
Mar 26, 2008
Well fortunately all the mtxs do is improve quality of life. I think poe has the best monetisation model of any game I've played apart from maybe dota 2, though I haven't played that game in years so maybe it's different now.

I like the lot boxes personally, I get a couple when I feel like it just after they're released and get a few cheap, random cosmetic items. This time I opened two, got an ice cloak and a dumb hideout cosmetic. It was fun and I didn't become destitute. I guess I wouldn't be upset if they didn't exist either though. If you genuinely get upset about not getting the dress-up outfit you want in this largely single-player game I dunno what to tell you.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

vOv posted:

As someone who's spent an ungodly amount of money on this game, I do wish that these sorts of huge QoL improvements didn't cost the amount of money they did. If nothing else, it makes it harder for me to sell it to people as an F2P game. (I also wish they wouldn't do lootboxes since I think lootboxes are kinda scummy in general, but at least they have a normal mtx store too.)

When I recommend PoE to people, I tell them that there's zero need to put in any money until they're done with the campaign. That seems to sell it pretty well.

It'll be interesting to see what actual results of the ongoing backlash against lootboxen will have. I kinda have to wonder how much of GGG's revenue comes from selling the boxes, as opposed to the quality of life tabs, supporter packs, and specific cosmetic items. I see a bunch people talking about buying dozens of mystery boxes, who knows how many drop like a cool hundred every time a new box is released. I don't think there's been any official comments from them.

I mean, GGG is in a good place to weather the storm even if it goes bad for boxes, they have a great game, and a lot of good non gambling poo poo to sell.

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
I wonder if there really are a lot of people who buy points to then buy lootboxes. For me they have become a way to use some of the points I have accrued buying supporter packs; though it still sucks to get 2-3 pieces of a set that doesn't really go with anything and then having to wait months to actually use it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
I really don't get the loot box hate. Personally I don't buy them because I don't like spending real money on RNG, but whats the big fuss? If you consider loot boxes a waste of money then don't buy any. :confused: