Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
it should also be pointed out that the mac pro was not designed to be mounted like that, so there's a decent chance it's having to throttle whatever component is sitting at the "top" of the cooling triangle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

akadajet posted:

the mac pro was such a stupid design and I can't believe apple let it out into the wild like that

engineers were 🤦🏼‍♀️ non stop about these things.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

The Management posted:

engineers were 🤦🏼‍♀️ non stop about these things.

I wonder how many times the g4 cube was brought up

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

IT IS HARAAM TO SEND SMILEY FACES THROUGH THE INTERNET
jonny come back and post the g4 bong

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

nice white emoji, cracka

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
ooooo there is a 2009 cheese-grater mac pro with a 500gb ssd for sale on craigslist

too bad it is like 5 hours away and i have absolutely no use for it

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

carry on then posted:

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

now make the triangle computer tim

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Round peg square hole

pram
Jun 10, 2001

NEED MORE MILK posted:

just build a loving hackintosh lmao

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

i hope the mac pro next year will have some displayport 1.4 inputs. assuming they cant build it into the usb 3/thunderbolt ports

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?

carry on then posted:

the pixar lamp imac is the best computer design of all time unironically

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007

i thought it was heck of macfag at the time but it grew on me like latent homoeroticism

ilampshade all the way

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

yeah, let's just build a computer that needs a loving ring 0 efi shim and/or hacked kexts to work, i'm sure this is a thing i can trust to to serious business on and also store my banking details

pram
Jun 10, 2001
yes, lets

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

NEED MORE MILK posted:

then loving buy something that will let you do that, and not this thing that wont

well...

you know...

that's exactly what people do

Celexi
Nov 25, 2006

Slava Ukraini!

infernal machines posted:

yeah, let's just build a computer that needs a loving ring 0 efi shim and/or hacked kexts to work, i'm sure this is a thing i can trust to to serious business on and also store my banking details

a system update may or not also render your system unbootable which is always great for when you need to do somework on your computer

The_Franz
Aug 8, 2003

Celexi posted:

a system update may or not also render your system unbootable which is always great for when you need to do somework on your computer

at the very least your sound will probably stop working

ufarn
May 30, 2009
i love the part where apple people brought up the fact that the imac pro can run firewatch at 60 fps :captainpop:

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

Endless Mike posted:

it works fine with beards

Sebastian Gorka Keeps Hacking My Phone

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

ufarn posted:

i love the part where apple people brought up the fact that the imac pro can run firewatch at 60 fps :captainpop:

firewatch is good, and i lost my poo poo a little when i found out it was published by panic software. there's even an easter egg-ish thing where they put audion in the game.

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
apropo of nothing, Apple is currently making one million iPhones per day.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

“It’s probably the boldest of the things we’ve done – thinking back to the start when the teams started working on [the device] and made proposals of some of the things we would ultimately do with the technology.

“At the time, at the beginning, it seemed almost impossible. Not just almost. It seemed impossible. And to pull off what feels impossible and make it possible – and not only that, but just something we love using – is just a great achievement.

Phil Schiller sucking his own wee wee in public again

I find these interviews with Apple brass interesting, but drat Phil likes the smell of he own fart

https://www.t3.com/features/phil-schiller-interview

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
today in touchbar news i learned that if you swipe slightly to the left or right on the volume or brightness icons you can adjust them one notch at a time without opening the slider. naturally this is not discoverable at all and i only learned it because a friend accidentally did it and told me about it.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
it's nice because it means the single click for one notch adjustment of the function keys is still there, which is cool, but i wish there was some way to know this was a feature without accidentally falling over onto my touchbar and swiping a little bit or however my friend figured it out.

EIDE Van Hagar
Dec 8, 2000

Beep Boop
from the "no poo poo" department:

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

C.H.O.M.E posted:

today in touchbar news i learned that if you swipe slightly to the left or right on the volume or brightness icons you can adjust them one notch at a time without opening the slider. naturally this is not discoverable at all and i only learned it because a friend accidentally did it and told me about it.

i must be a ui genius because I figured this out immediately

but it still sucks because to raise volume you frequently end up moving past the touchbar, it’s not an elegant move

The Management posted:

apropo of nothing, Apple is currently making one million iPhones per day.

same but for farts

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

akadajet posted:

the mac pro was such a stupid design and I can't believe apple let it out into the wild like that

The Management posted:

I want a Mac Pro with slots and drive bays. gently caress you jony, I don’t give a poo poo how it looks.

fortunately for both of you, sarnsungs Copy Apple Division is on the case

https://www.amazon.com/Samsung-Electronics-DP700C6A-X01US-Premium-Desktop/dp/B01LZSFEJ3

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts
credit to sniep for finding this monstrosity

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

graph posted:

karman hardon

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

C.H.O.M.E posted:

from the "no poo poo" department:

"it cant cool a single gpu because we totally designed it for 2 gpus which is so many gpus. its definitely not because its a hosed up poo poo design created by the greatest hack of our generation, its because we gave you too much power in the form of 2 really bad gpus"

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

graph posted:

i thought abortions were illegal in south korea

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006

graph posted:

its the trashpro but comes with a lid

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

graph posted:

not from this distance your honor

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

graph posted:

so they put the logos and buttons (which in theory are forward facing, displayed to the user) on the same side all the cables come out of?

loving brilliant

pram
Jun 10, 2001

BangersInMyKnickers posted:

not from this distance your honor

not even close. from any distance

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Shaggar posted:

"it cant cool a single gpu because we totally designed it for 2 gpus which is so many gpus. its definitely not because its a hosed up poo poo design created by the greatest hack of our generation, its because we gave you too much power in the form of 2 really bad gpus"

"we made it a triangle inside, and now there's no way to make it not a triangle inside"

Plank Walker
Aug 11, 2005

Shaggar posted:

its the trashpro but comes with a lid

they needed to cover the fan for safety

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triglav
Jun 2, 2007