Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Muppetjedi
Mar 17, 2010
Michaela did not like having her arm grabbed by Elizabeth.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
The frocky horror show

EH?! are yiz havin that one?! :newlol:

EH?!?

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
It was very obvious that Sugar really, really needed to go for a poo poo there at the end

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Bye Jade, your resting bitch face kinda turned me on.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!
I'm unreasonably excited for Elizabeth's interview with Claude next week

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

onoflalks posted:

I'm unreasonably excited for Elizabeth's interview with Claude next week

forreal. Can't wait for next week in general.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Hi guys, as I can't watch live any more I did you all the favour of recording my thoughts as I watched about an hour out of sync.

Love Joanna's purple dress, really suits her

Way to go Elizabeth and Michaela sexually harrassing the models

Purple hair men's designer is lovely and - wait what 50% Joanna gently caress you. It's already building to an Elizabeth firing but if Joanna doesn't go I'm gonna be mildly perturbed.

Jade's model looks real good, from my perspective as a connoisseur of America's Next Top Model

Harrison is worthless on this and it's apparently Jade's fault. Who am I kidding, Jade's team are hosed and she'll go despite Harrison being a loving moron

I hate James way more than I hate Harrison - JAMES NO DONT MODEL

(for the entire shoot) AAAAAAAAAAGHHHHH

Sarah you sell things for a living, don't whine when the person who doesn't that you pushed into the pitch, doesn't know what to do

Jade's team using the wrong name is for some reason going to be a big deal later when they've already ballsed it up, but Joanna's team will still lose

(I don't know why they bother with team names any more when by the time they start being mixed-gender no one knows which is which)

The post-apocalypse tudor stuff is actually gorgeous

Joanna you actually said you wanted two models and are now complaining that two models was bad

Joanna probably is gonna win now because they hosed it up so bad

The balloons will destroy them

WHY ARE WE MAKING JAMES MODEL AGAIN

Oh Christ Helen is here and she is gonna be pissed. Well she was quite polite actually but they got rid of the loving balloons. Bet it'll be an issue in the boardroom for some reason, like "hell of a girl" balloons would be any better.

I hate you James so much

AUUUUGH JADE WHY. The worst. She's entirely bullshitting. But if she sells like two items she's beat the other team, so. At least they have real models.

"Michaela is too northern"

It's Jade, Harrison or Joanna, I don't think anyone else is in the firing line. The two PMs or fuckin Harrison. Both the men must have a great business plan to still be here. I was on Sarah's side since the first episode so I hope she doesn't go, and Elizabeth is wonderful weird. James is probably safe, whatever, Sralun loves his type.

Sralan doesn't give a poo poo about women's fashion, quelle fuckin surprise

"I run a construction magazine not a fashion one" "It's the same thing though" lol I wanna see men in hi-vis posing against something lighter and more exciting than bamboo

Oooooof, brutalised. Hope it's fuckin Harrison.

gently caress by that VTR Elizabeth is either gonna go next week or win the loving thing.

Wow the edit is wrecking Jade. Sarah's like "she took on the responsibility of PM" no, you made her do it! I assume that means Jade is pretty safe

The Frances this year is a much better actress than the last few

Sarah's boardroom makeup artist needs to be fired immediately

RIP Harrison yesss. Double though

Ouch, wow. No fuss no muss. Bye, bye. I'm a bit sad about Jade. Not about Harrison. Glad Sarah made it. Michaela's still gonna be top 3 if not the winner.

INTERVIEWS

*takes a bow*

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Whatever NDA these people sign apparently doesn't mean you can't promote your current business, as Elizabeth is tweeting about making flowers for Meghan Markle

https://twitter.com/Lizzie_McKenna1/status/936588939338625024

"flowers by Susan" :confused:

eating only apples fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Dec 7, 2017

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

eating only apples posted:

Hi guys, as I can't watch live any more I did you all the favour of recording my thoughts as I watched about an hour out of sync.

Love Joanna's purple dress, really suits her

Way to go Elizabeth and Michaela sexually harrassing the models

Purple hair men's designer is lovely and - wait what 50% Joanna gently caress you. It's already building to an Elizabeth firing but if Joanna doesn't go I'm gonna be mildly perturbed.

Jade's model looks real good, from my perspective as a connoisseur of America's Next Top Model

Harrison is worthless on this and it's apparently Jade's fault. Who am I kidding, Jade's team are hosed and she'll go despite Harrison being a loving moron

I hate James way more than I hate Harrison - JAMES NO DONT MODEL

(for the entire shoot) AAAAAAAAAAGHHHHH

Sarah you sell things for a living, don't whine when the person who doesn't that you pushed into the pitch, doesn't know what to do

Jade's team using the wrong name is for some reason going to be a big deal later when they've already ballsed it up, but Joanna's team will still lose

(I don't know why they bother with team names any more when by the time they start being mixed-gender no one knows which is which)

The post-apocalypse tudor stuff is actually gorgeous

Joanna you actually said you wanted two models and are now complaining that two models was bad

Joanna probably is gonna win now because they hosed it up so bad

The balloons will destroy them

WHY ARE WE MAKING JAMES MODEL AGAIN

Oh Christ Helen is here and she is gonna be pissed. Well she was quite polite actually but they got rid of the loving balloons. Bet it'll be an issue in the boardroom for some reason, like "hell of a girl" balloons would be any better.

I hate you James so much

AUUUUGH JADE WHY. The worst. She's entirely bullshitting. But if she sells like two items she's beat the other team, so. At least they have real models.

"Michaela is too northern"

It's Jade, Harrison or Joanna, I don't think anyone else is in the firing line. The two PMs or fuckin Harrison. Both the men must have a great business plan to still be here. I was on Sarah's side since the first episode so I hope she doesn't go, and Elizabeth is wonderful weird. James is probably safe, whatever, Sralun loves his type.

Sralan doesn't give a poo poo about women's fashion, quelle fuckin surprise

"I run a construction magazine not a fashion one" "It's the same thing though" lol I wanna see men in hi-vis posing against something lighter and more exciting than bamboo

Oooooof, brutalised. Hope it's fuckin Harrison.

gently caress by that VTR Elizabeth is either gonna go next week or win the loving thing.

Wow the edit is wrecking Jade. Sarah's like "she took on the responsibility of PM" no, you made her do it! I assume that means Jade is pretty safe

The Frances this year is a much better actress than the last few

Sarah's boardroom makeup artist needs to be fired immediately

RIP Harrison yesss. Double though

Ouch, wow. No fuss no muss. Bye, bye. I'm a bit sad about Jade. Not about Harrison. Glad Sarah made it. Michaela's still gonna be top 3 if not the winner.

INTERVIEWS

*takes a bow*
not enough sobbing into your own hands and crying WHY
otherwise a solid episode review

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

Khablam posted:

not enough sobbing into your own hands and crying WHY
otherwise a solid episode review

There was an AUUUGH WHY which I feel counts, plus an AAAAAAGHHH and a NO and a WHY. Sobbing implied.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Was it me or did Harrison properly sulk over his dismissal? When he spent the entire task washing his hands seemingly oblivious to the fact the whole ‘process’ is about how adaptable candidates are.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Was it me or did Harrison properly sulk over his dismissal? When he spent the entire task washing his hands seemingly oblivious to the fact the whole ‘process’ is about how adaptable candidates are.

Because he's a massive bellend.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I wish more was made of Elizabeth inappropriately touching potential employees during an interview.

That should've been one of those 'your team won but you can't do that poo poo so you're fired' scenarios.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Steve2911 posted:

I wish more was made of Elizabeth inappropriately touching potential employees during an interview.

That should've been one of those 'your team won but you can't do that poo poo so you're fired' scenarios.

I thought it was light hearted and playful behaviour. Nobody seemed to mind.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

If anyone cares enough to watch a 60minute episode on the :psylon: FINAL FIVE :psylon: it's on tomorrow (Friday 8th) at 23:25 BBC1

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

I thought it was light hearted and playful behaviour. Nobody seemed to mind.

Gender swap it. It was cringey. I do actually agree with you, but it just goes to show how what was acceptable even 5 years ago is now looked at askew. I found myself wondering if that would come back to haunt her. She was THIRSTY.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Rondette posted:

Gender swap it. It was cringey. I do actually agree with you, but it just goes to show how what was acceptable even 5 years ago is now looked at askew. I found myself wondering if that would come back to haunt her. She was THIRSTY.

Elizabeth is a huge bloke. Loads of what she does they'd say was okay for men to do (being bossy) and bad for them to do (the weird gross groping).

I cannot BELIEVE she's in the interviews. And Jade isn't, when she's done so well in every other task.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

99.24% sure Elizabeth was let through to interviews just for ratings when she gets torn apart.
Jade was much too competent to be a 2nd firee, so Shugs probably wasn't interested in her business plan all that much.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Khablam posted:

99.24% sure Elizabeth was let through to interviews just for ratings when she gets torn apart.
Jade was much too competent to be a 2nd firee, so Shugs probably wasn't interested in her business plan all that much.

In my head I've been expecting the final to be Jade and Sarah since they're the most "normal humans" of the bunch. Even if Sarah thought that "Gourmet Crusaders" was an okay name.
Now I'm really not sure. Perhaps Joanna has a good business plan and she's this year's Alannah?

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Don't discount Michaela she's good

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Oh the final 5 thing is on at 9pm

That makes like 10x more sense

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Michaela's winning. I bet Pissflap's life on it.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
I think Sugar must like the cut of James’ jib to a degree because he has been loving useless the last few weeks and yet given a seeming free pass.

O-Unit
Oct 22, 2005

What happens when 2016's Best Business Brain in BritainTM teams up with business magnate Lord Sugar, combining her entrepreneurial brilliance with his millions and 50 years of experience?

If you answered: the recall of 7 out of 8 of their product lines after an investigation by the Food Standards Agency, then you'd be correct!

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It never occurred to me that that cake business actually exists now.

Come to think of it, other than Tom slinging his crap on Twitter I've never really seen evidence of any of these businesses after the fact. They don't seem to take off massively, do they?

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

I found it particularly funny that one of Mark's success stories for his digital marketing agency is listed as Alana's business.
One of the other 7 is a tiny business that had a £500 budget.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I actually like how naff it all is. It's why I continue to watch. Back in the day you used to cringe at the antics of the contestants but now you cringe at the entire production of the show itself. The funniest part is I get the impression Sugar is really quite delusional at this point and thinks families across the country gather round the TV every Wednesday evening to hang on his every word and chortle and guffaw and slap their knees at his several jokes per week.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

crispix posted:

The funniest part is I get the impression Sugar is really quite delusional at this point and thinks families across the country gather round the TV every Wednesday evening to hang on his every word and chortle and guffaw and slap their knees at his several jokes per week.
Oh no, that's 100% true. In every interview, including recently, he's always going on about 'making a difference' and 'setting an example'.
I'm sure its no accident most contestants seem sycophants to that idea too - the whole final five episode basically just told us how all the contestants had started from nothing.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Steve2911 posted:

It never occurred to me that that cake business actually exists now.

Come to think of it, other than Tom slinging his crap on Twitter I've never really seen evidence of any of these businesses after the fact. They don't seem to take off massively, do they?

I saw Ridiculously Rich at Chatsworth Fair in September and they're at the Manchester Christmas Market this week. I can't say I've seen loads of people buying stuff, but they exist!

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I wouldn’t wipe my arse with her cakes.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Neither would I, it’d be expensive, messy and incredibly ineffective.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I've walked past the doctor lady's cosmetic clinic in London, I imagine it probably is rather profitable, in the way that selling snake oil to idiots often is.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Marmaduke! posted:

I've walked past the doctor lady's cosmetic clinic in London, I imagine it probably is rather profitable, in the way that selling snake oil to idiots often is.

When’s your next appointment?

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Does Lord Sugar actually invest his own money in the businesses or is it setup so that the fee paid to him by the BBC includes the $250k that he invests? I assume he's not dumb enough to actually do the former.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
That music after the phone call was so over dramatic lol

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

gret posted:

Does Lord Sugar actually invest his own money in the businesses or is it setup so that the fee paid to him by the BBC includes the $250k that he invests? I assume he's not dumb enough to actually do the former.

I'd bet more money the BBC pay him. They're bad at making money.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

gret posted:

Yeh but

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Come on, who talks to themselves like that? :mad:

You'd be loving sectioned.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
Claude is an ARSEHOLE.

Idk if he was right or not because I don't know anything about that industry, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

claude is in his top systematic self

• Locked thread