Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

[OPERATIVE DELTA/ HP3 / MOVE3 / LUX = 1 RETRACTABLE BLADE]

Delta smiles as he looks down at the scan display, and the death marker. Time to make a move.

If the Alpha doesn't move, go to 06.05. If it moves towards me, go to 06.07 and then to 07.06. Otherwise move straight into 07.06

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Pertinax Ammunition Fabrication Systems would like to offer their sincere condolences to the surviving members of The Stranger's Sibling Division, the 482nd Dismounted Infantry or "Kam's Killerz" [sic], presently serving with Legio XIV Magni on the other side of the galactic divide. Legio XIV Magni spokesclones cite, in part, Pertinax Ammunition Fabrication Systems for their success in the ongoing efforts to free the populace of Neuegarten I from an authoritarian regime which has placed Wrecking Crew on the censored media list.

And now, a message for our valiant Wreckers. The first Wrecker to locate and upload The Stranger's holotag and Luxe will be granted 1 (one) light chemical artillery bombardment beacon and one subscription to Cannons and Cephalopods Monthly.*

Pertinax Ammunition Fabrication Systems, because we care

*Offer not necessarily redeemable while deployed, subject to terms, subject to legal constraints, subject to Wrecking Crew Holdings LLC fiat. By using the provided beacon, wrecker waives all liability on the part of Pertinax Ammunition Fabrication Systems and its subsidiaries, executives and owners for any personal injury or misfortune up to and including death on the part of the wrecker.

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Dec 12, 2017

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 3 / MOVE: 2 / 4 Luxe / CYBER: RIG JACK]

As the camera drones flew away to find another promo spot, Stev stowed his rig jack and continued onwards, whistling. Pretty good pay for a few minutes work!

Moving to 03.05

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

[MIDGE/ HP: 5 / MOVE: 1 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]LUXE:10

Cheerfully, the Junker plodded his way on, slowly advancing along the desiccated seafloor.

"A moment's silence for the dead guy, yes?"

He took a second to stand still, head bowed, then carried on his merry way.

Move to 04:06, upload 7 Luxe

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

Cut loose before the god eaters show up.

[SCRAMBLE / HP: 2/ MOVE: 1 / CHITINOUS CARAPACE / REGENERATION] 6 luxe
Scramble winces and idly rubs a chemical burn as she reads the death notice. Green Barrels, good at melting newtypes, yum!

Following her moment of silence there's moment of intense panic as a beta enforcer rises in front of her with a mechanical hum. Scramble desperately scans the the terrain for something explodey until she realizes the mecha is waving jauntily at her.

Scramble exhales loudly then approaches the beta.

"Kickin' rig, madman. Why do you need a teammate if you walk away for a minute and show back up in heavy ordinance?" Scramble grins. "Still, I'm along for the ride. What now?"

Move 11.10 to 11.9 Upload all luxe

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Name: Kal Risso, Newtype HP: 5/5 Move: 3 Luxe: 27 -> 0
Loadout: Squidpack, Patient Zero, Brachial Spurs

Kal Risso's game-sanctioned COMMS tablet bleeped and flashed out a vibratory dance of electronic joy, and Kal whipped out the pesky device to take a look. He thumbed through the myriad blocked messages that had been sent from his friends, from his family, and from more than several of his former lovers, all trying to wish him luck and support in the Wrecking Crew games. A lot of good their messages'll do him, here in Salt. Kal won't be able to read a word of theirs until his work here is done, and that doesn't happen until the fat lady sings - for mercy. He closed down a matching application revealing all the sexy mutants in the area that would like to meet with him, and he found what he was looking for: an official alert from the games.

The weirdly amorphous stranger was dead - killed by immense irradiation somewhere nearby, no less. Shame. Kal also noticed that ten Luxe had made its way into his online account somehow. Great. Furthermore, Kal's device had just finished downloading some new time-sensitive application, one that allowed Kal to directly upload his salvage into Luxe. Perfect. he knew just what he needed to do.

Kal dumped out his pockets into the sands and, holding up his COMMS tablet, he took a hyper-crisp picture of his collection of scrap, gadgetry, and ancient packets of Spice. He watched with mild unease as the geocached photo was uploaded from his device and onto the Wrecking Crew's game servers, whereupon the tagged items before him were whisked away in a shimmering fractal haze of teleporter magic.

Kal looked at his tablet's readout and watched as it updated in realtime: Kal Risso: 37L Excellent.

He set off toward the saltwater inlet he'd seen from far off, back when he was still climbing the megatanker. Rumor has it there was a powerful submarine in there made with ancient machinery and valuable weaponry...

Unfortunately, his ocular implant's Geiger readouts started climbing exponentially upon his approach. He'd have to go around this hazard instead of through it, or else he'd need a special boon from any of his supporters that might still be watching...

Now that he had the coin to pay for it, he knew what he needed to ask for.

"Innoculation, my friends, radiation innoculation - my Luxe for a radical radiation deterrent!"

10.08 -> 10.07 -> 11.06 -> 12.06

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Feb 11, 2019

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Vesuvius Space BBQ supplies

To Scramble and Doobire

Congratulations, Scramble and Doobrie. Know that Vesuvius has your back. We're looking forward to seeing more chivalry and explosive violence! I'm at the edge of my seat here.

For now, the inimitable Miss Scramble seems to have gathered quite some equipment, yet a bit lacking in firepower, with an optiscope that is like a nice Venusian Pigburger and a sunny afternoon without our new Supernova BBQ set. If I counted right, you should have enough for me to send you something that should help you out with that.

Vesuvius Space BBQ supplies would like to use Scramble's uploaded luxe to send a DPM shotgun, preferably with some Vesuvius brand stickers on it, as well as some BBQ-d meat to 11.9

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

Lets get our X tons of Duranium back!

....Is that still a valid thing to jingoistically blow out of proportion?

[CRYO / HP: 2 (3) [RIG: 1] / MOVE: 2 / FUEL: 3 / LUXE: 2 (70) / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]

Run awaaaayyyy
Move to 03.05, upload 47 Luxe

E: Apparently I messed up counting my Luxe between bounties and salvage, so just upload everything and Bee Bonk assures me they know the correct numbers

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 21:34 on Dec 13, 2017

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

1. BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON
Moves to 01.02

2. STEV ANSAHOK
Moves to 03.05! and encounters Cryo!

mounted on:

Well hello there, murder friends.

Now Hazel, I'm not a prognosticator of any stripe, but old Ocho's got a finely tuned explosion sense. And something, Hazel, is gonna explode.

3. CRYO
Moves to 03.05! and encounters Stev Ansahok!

A lot of rigs, a lot of bombs, a lot of luxe waiting to be peeled.

Broof'n.

4. "MIDGE" GUREYEVITCH
Moves to 04.06!

Your boy Midge had better catch up with his partner, Rev, or he's quickly going to become available.

6. KAL RISSO
Moves to 12.06!

That key could prevent quite a bit of complication, if Risso can get it to the hidden coordinates of the vault.

One has to ask, Hazel, if preventing Wrecker complications are in the best interest of either the sponsors or viewers.

7. OPERATIVE DELTA
Scans show Alpha Titan moving to 07.05>08.06>08.05!
Moves to 07.06!

Operative Delta discovers Stranger's corpse, containing Holotag and 24 Luxe!

Our Delta, right place, right time.

Almost as if he planned it. Starting to believe, Haze?

Belief is death's midwife, Rev.

8.DOOBRIE
No movement.

What's your read on the emerging Doobrie-Scramble situation, Rev? A true burgeoning of mutual admiration on the battlefield, or a naked grab for sponsor optics?

Raw emotion is for kids and rad-vics, Hazel. No love is more deliberate and examined than a promotional stunt. Also sometimes one of them is an egg, but we don't judge here in the stately pleasure dome.

9. SCRAMBLE
Moves to 11.09!

Supply drone incoming. The late Seņor Dumpty may have fared better with a DPM.

The most reliable shotgun on the market, Haze, and one of Daimyo-Pfeffern's biggest sellers. Advanced cermet and polymer construction can stand up the most inhospitable environments with ease, and the finish wipes clean with a damp cloth!

quote:

Sponsors

Vesuvius Space BBQ purchases the Drone Delivery of a DPM Shotgun on behalf of Scramble for 33 Luxe! It will arrive during Sponsor Phase.

The new Wrecker account standings are:

1. BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON 5L
2. STEV ANSAHOK 24L
3. CRYO 54L
4. "MIDGE" GUREYEVITCH 12L
6. KAL RISSO 37L
7. OPERATIVE DELTA 5L
8.DOOBRIE 7L
9. SCRAMBLE 0L

Sponsor-Only Map

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Oh wow. Wow, that was a lot of rigs, there. Like, a lot of rigs. It looked like one of them was piloted by a wrecker, but that could really go either way. The important thing in a situation like this was to establish dominance. After all, the rigs are probably more scared of you than you are for them. Tightening his hat, Stev waved his scoped hammer in the air, shouting at the assembled Gammas as he strode forward.

"Hey! You lot! Yeah, you! I'm Stev! I fought in the Moon Wars! And I'm not afraid of WHOOPS!"

Preoccupied with the enemy, Stev slipped on a puddle of machine oil, the head of the K-Hammer hitting the ground with a mighty thud which was soon followed by some worrying rumbling. Shaking himself off, Stev climbed to his feet.

"Right! Like I was saying, I'm not afraid of--oh."

The rumbling reached a crescendo as a gaping hole opened up beneath four of the rigs, sending them tumbling to the ground, leaving the wrecker-crewed Gamma untouched.

"Well, then."

IMPROVISE!: 1d6 5 that's a SINKHOLE, excluding cryo. And the attacks: Sinkhole!: 4#1d8 7 7 8 5 :eyepop:

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

[BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON / HP: 3 / MOVE: 3 / LUXE: 15 / CYBER: BONE LACING]

Bobby-Jack peered at the trio of mutants roasting what appeared to be some sort of giant, tumor-ridden insectoid aberration on top of a chemical fire. The wreck didn't look that promising as per loot, and one of the three certainly looked like it had gotten its protein. Hell, even if he nailed it right in the forehead with his rifle, Bobby-Jack doubted he could take it down.

A lot of risk, little reward.

And that meant exactly one thing for Bobby-Jack.

A black cloud emerged once more to mark the man's passing. He had other agendas to pursue.

Retreating with my trusted Squidpack to Hex 01.01.

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Name: Kal Risso, Newtype HP: 5/5 Move: 3 Luxe: 00

Kal Risso was setting up camp for the night underneath a ramshackle embankment of rusted ship metal when he heard "the call." It came quietly at first, as if it was being emitted from a terribly long distance, but as far as where the call was coming from, the flighty Neotype could get no directional bearings to make sense of. The screaming static of the sandstorm on Kal's visual and audio scanners were not helping, either. It seemed -strangely enough- as though the call was coming from all directions at once, and it only seemed to be getting louder. Suddenly, the droning voices went silent. Kal was starting to feel panic settling in when the sound returned, loud and clear, as if someone were standing right behind him: the Voice. It spoke inside Kal's mind with reverberating power:

"Risso.... Risso... Come to us, brother Risso. Join us and we shall rule this desert. We have the key that will unseal the Vault, which bears the weapon that shall unseat the Beast. We have been waiting for the One who would bring us to that moment of Glory, Risso. We have been waiting for you, our brother... Lay down your arms and let us come nearer, so we may see you one mutant to another..."

Kal Risso had been tired of these mind games from square one. His cortical implant had finally adjusted to the sandstorm's novel parameters, and he could just make out the approach of five haggard shadows slowly bearing down on him in the thick of the night. It was time to make a decision: fight or flight.

Kal Risso broke the silence of the sandstorm to scream into the blackness of the desert, "I'm a Neotype, you psychotic freak. Now get out of my head and stay out!" It was time to improvise with what he had on hand.

Kal Risso Retreats with his Squidpack! 12.06 -> 13.05

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

Rook Engineered Organisms

This is Rook.

Our entrant, OLEO-STRANGER-3520M14, has perished in chemical waste.

ENjOY

Witness the bones of the thing, still attempting regeneration after nerve trunk severance.

Morsels of flesh seek eachother out, but the thing is lost. Such is the quality of the product.

O-S-3M14 did not perform proper maintenance of frangible parts, and did not maintain coalescence.

QUiRK

Shipments begin at 450€̴̢̧͝ per tetraparcel. Family units are self-installing and repairing.

Take care of things with a temporary body. All things are temporary.

ENjOY

This was Rook.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

[DOOBRIE / HP1/3 /MOVE 2/CYBER-RIGSPIKE]
[BetaEnforcer / HP3/6 /MOVE 2/Fuel 5/5]

Not Alex posted:

"Kickin' rig, madman. Why do you need a teammate if you walk away for a minute and show back up in heavy ordinance?" Scramble grins. "Still, I'm along for the ride. What now?"

"soiftey en nahmbahs en ahl det"
Subtitles: "safety in numbers and all that"

Doobrie moves the rig to give a thumbs up.

"nahw, oi'll get dahn frahm ere', yew ken geh' een, en woi ken peck a taaaahget."
"Now, I'll get down from here, you can get in, and we can pick a target.

"bewst a' spoid y' knaaw, meh'al leags"
"boost of speed you know, with the metal legs."

@Scramble
Doobrie announces intention to leave rig in action phase, leaving it free to be mounted using Scramble's action. Doobrie shares scan data from previous round, nothing detected!(except Scramble).
OOC- I picked a direction last time so hapy to go along with your plans this time.

"Noice lewt drahp, lawk en lawd, thet moin yew noid tew eng araaahnd ere'?"
"nice loot drop, lock and load, that mean you need to hang around here?"

"Ef saw, oi ken scaaaht a lehl fahwahd, moit ahp en a men"
"If so, I can scout a little forward, meet up in a min."

[spoiler]No hostile action this phase[/i]

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Dec 14, 2017

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

[SCRAMBLE / HP: 2/ MOVE: 1 / CHITINOUS CARAPACE / REGENERATION] 0 luxe

"Two shells are better than one. I won't say no to that offer."

Mount the rig.

"Let's see if they improved the cockpit on these over the gammas. Ooooo, yes indeed." The beta goes through a quick shimmying routine as Scramble checks the systems. Moments later her voice rings out over the external speakers.

"Alright, I'll take lead. I'll be extremely pissed if you're splattered before I can return the favor of jacking you a ride, so stay in the rig's shadow when the shots start flying."

"As for the supply drone? I don't know if I need to be here for it. The word drone implies some tracking capability but what do I know? We can circle back if need be."

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

[CRYO / HP: 2 (3) [RIG: 1] / MOVE: 2 / FUEL: 1 / LUXE: 0 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]

Is that.... oh.

poo poo.

This again, and with no convenient car towers.

RUN AWAY RUN AWAY RUN AW- wait... FRIEND! HELLO FRIEND! I'm Cryo! I did not fight in the Moon Wars but I like friends! Careful with that hammer! I'm standing on top of a nuclear warhead!

Can you hear me? I SAID, CAREFUL WITH THAT HA- OH poo poo OH poo poo OH poo poo HIDE HIDE HIDE HIDE

Take cover and hope Stev doesn't accidentally hit any of the UXO

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Dec 14, 2017

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

1. BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON
Retreats to 01.01!

2. STEV ANSAHOK
A collapsing sinkhole snares Gamma Enforcer 1, disabling it!
A collapsing sinkhole snares Gamma Enforcer 2, disabling it!
A collapsing sinkhole snares Gamma Enforcer 3, disabling it!
A collapsing sinkhole snares Gamma Enforcer 4, disabling it!

A wisp of acrid blue smoke curls from an unexploded warhead...But nothing happens.

3. CRYO
Cover taken; enemy attacks downshifted!

4. "MIDGE" GUREYEVITCH
No encounter.

6. KAL RISSO
Retreats to 13.05!

7. OPERATIVE DELTA
No encounter.

8.DOOBRIE
No encounter.

9. SCRAMBLE
No encounter. You'll have to mount on Action Phase.

:siren: Wreckers, take Action! :siren:

quote:

Wrecker account standings are as follows:

1. BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON: 5L.
2. STEV ANSAHOK: 24L.
3. CRYO: 54L.
4. "MIDGE" GUREYEVITCH: 12L.
6. KAL RISSO: 37L.
7. OPERATIVE DELTA: 5L.
8.DOOBRIE: 9L.
9. SCRAMBLE: 0L.

Sponsor-Only Map

Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at 13:33 on Dec 15, 2017

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Name: Kal Risso, Newtype HP: 5/5 Move: 3 Luxe: 00

Kal Risso didn't have time to stop, didn't have time to think - couldn't let himself think. The "louder" he thought, the easier it would be for them to find him, so he ran blindly into the darkness with his mind drawing a complete blank until he found a suitably defensible structure to take cover inside. He locked himself inside the depths of a metallic craft's hatch and rummaged around in the darkess for some bedding.

When he woke up, he found himself in a derelict ship's private quarters, surrounded by tiny bits of scrap parts and loose pieces of gadgetry. Some of this could be worth something...

Kal Risso Salvages! Salvage Roll: 1d6 2

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

[quote="WereGoat" post="479335588"]

[DOOBRIE / HP1>2/3 /MOVE 2/CYBER-RIGSPIKE]

Freely dismount, use medkit

Oim guessin' et jast drahps weah thoi seend et.
I'm guessing it just drops where they send it.

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 10:44 on Dec 15, 2017

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

SWORD OF SMATTAS. CAN YOU NOT HEAR A WORLD CRY OUT FOR JUSTICE? WHEN WILL YOU DELIVER IT?
Yam Slacker

[MIDGE/ HP: 5 / MOVE: 1 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]LUXE:3

He panned around, eyes open, ever searching...

Scan, invoking spiral antenna

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

...We danced the Mamushka while Nero fiddled, we danced the Mamushka at Waterloo. We danced the Mamushka for Jack the Ripper, and now, Fester Addams, this Mamushka is for you....

[BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON / HP: 3 / MOVE: 3 / LUXE: 5 / CYBER: BONE LACING]

Bobby-Jack made his way across the landscape, keeping an eye for treasure, and unloading some of what he already had to the drones to haul to the investors. Made him less of a target, at the very least, and not being a target was always a good idea.

Salvaging for that Luxe: 1d6= 2
Uploading 12 of my 17 Luxe.

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

[CRYO / HP: 2 [RIG: 3] / MOVE: 2 / FUEL: 10 / LUXE: 0 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]

Where'd they go? Oh. Oh.

"This is gonna be fun" thinks Cryo as she draws her righook and leaps at the nearest victim :kheldragar:

Use free actions to hijack all the rigs in the zone, staying mounted in the last one

Salvage 3 of the empty rigs, leaving a full health rig each for me and Stev
Luxe: 12d6 39
Fuel: 3d6 14

Give Stev 20 Luxe, put 7 fuel in each new rig

Upload remaining 19 Luxe

@Stev HELLO FRIEND! I GOT YOU A PRESENT! *twitches crazily in the direction of a blood-spattered rig with 10 fuel and 20 Luxe

Crazycryodude fucked around with this message at 17:30 on Dec 15, 2017

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Stev watched, awestruck, as the Rigjacker went to work. Watching it was a proper education on just how Rigjacking worked. Shaking his head free of dust, Stev went to work scrounging. Gotta get that Luxe!

"Nice work!"

Scrounging for whatever's available, leaving two gammas untouched (for a total of 3 intact, with Cryo's). I don't know what's been scrounged so I'll let you roll. And then I'm going to upload two-thirds of it to my account.

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

[OPERATIVE DELTA/ HP3 / MOVE3 / LUX = 0 RETRACTABLE BLADE]

Delta loots Strangers Corpse, taking his scope and importantly, Lux. Holding up the Holotag to the sky for all the cameras to see, he slots it in to be uploaded along with all his Lux

Salvage Salvage roll: 1d6 3+Strangers Lux, then upload Lux. Attach scope to EZ-snipe

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

1. BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON
Salvages for 2 Luxe!
Uploads 12 Luxe!

2. STEV ANSAHOK
Salvages for 3 Luxe!
Received 20 Luxe and 7 Fuel from Cryo!
Uploads 20 Luxe, bringing totals to 9L on-hand, and 44L uploaded.

A generous gesture from Cryo. This could be a powerful alliance.

3. CRYO
Salvages 3 Gamma Enforcers and Rich Salvage for 39 Luxe and 14 Fuel!
Transfers 20 Luxe to Stev Ansahok!
Uploads 19 Luxe!

Fat pickings, Hazel.

We could be seeing some interesting Sponsor actions soon, Rev.

4. "MIDGE" GUREYEVITCH
Scanning...
Wrecker Stev Ansahok detected at 03.05!
Wrecker Cryo detected at 03.05!
Unstable Ordnance detected at 03.05!
Unstable Ordnance detected at 04.08!

6. KAL RISSO
Salvages for 2!

7. OPERATIVE DELTA
Salvages for 3!
Uploaded Stranger Holotag and 28L!
Sponsor Challenge Complete!
Pertinax AmmoFab is awarded 10 Luxe!
Operative Delta has been awarded a subscription to Cannons and Cephalopods Monthly!
Pertinax Ammofab spends 39 Luxe (10 Sponsor, 29 Wrecker) on behalf of Operative Delta for Drone Delivery of a Strike Beacon! It will arrive during Sponsor Phase.

Now he has an airstrike, ho ho ho!

I'll admit, Rev, you might have had something. It looks like Delta has a plan.

He's a pro, Haze. Where a layman might see delay, a pro sees intricate-rear end timing.

8.DOOBRIE
Uses Medikit and gains 1 HP!

9. SCRAMBLE
Mounts Beta Enforcer!

Operative Delta
Toxic Zone!
Operative Delta takes 1 Damage!

No new hazards, just a little sludge. That's the last time we'll hear that.

Wrecker hate-on for barrels aside, Haze, now that we're past round 4, Our Producer is going to make sure things stay...interesting.

We've got some interesting Sponsor activity; let's take a look.

Drone Delivery! Scramble receives a DPM Shotgun!

quote:

Female VO: The Rampage ability allows excess damage beyond that required to defeat a foe to be applied to another foe in the same zone, with a successful iterative attack.
Drone Delivery! Operative Delta receives a Strike Beacon!

quote:

Female VO: The makers of WRECKING CREW would like to thank our sponsors for their contribution to the Decree's highest-rated combat arena program.

The following Sponsors receive a 5 Luxe stipend for this round's contributions:
Pertinax Ammofab
Vesuvius Space BBQ Supply
Rook EngOrg

Sponsor Account standings:

Pertinax Ammofab 5L (+15, -10)
Vesuvius Space BBQ Supply 5L
Rook EngOrg 5L

Thank you.

quote:

Current Wrecker account standings are as follows:

1. BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON 17L (+12)
2. STEV ANSAHOK 44L (+20)
3. CRYO 73L (+19)
4. "MIDGE" GUREYEVITCH 12L (+0)
6. KAL RISSO 37L (+0)
7. OPERATIVE DELTA 4L (+28, -29)
8.DOOBRIE 9L (+0)
9. SCRAMBLE 0L (+0)

:siren: Wreckers, get moving! :siren:

Sponsor-Only Map

Bee Bonk fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Dec 16, 2017

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Bobby-Jack crept forward, throwing glances left and right, rifle at the ready.

He didn't like surprises.

They terrified him.

Dicking around in this Hex (01.01.) to uncover the Encounter in it

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

[DOOBRIE / HP2/3 /MOVE 2/CYBER-RIGSPIKE]

edited following scramble advice 11.09≥10.9≥10.8

---

As the drone drops the shotgun into Scramble's waiting arms: "Yew wah roit!"
Subtitles: You were right!

Thumbs up. "Weahs yoa prefead tahget den? @Scramblesub? Alpha? Zodiac? Tower? Exfiltration point?
Where's your preferred target then?

"Oil' beck yew ap."
I'll back you up.

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Dec 18, 2017

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Name: Kal Risso, Newtype HP: 5/5 Move: 3 Luxe: 02

Kal Risso woke bleary-eyed in the dim ambient light of the derelict ship he'd fallen asleep in. Daylight must have come while he was sleeping. He collected his things in a haze and blundered his way outside the hatch.

Time to get his bearings.

He switched on the interactive map display of Salt on his handy COMMS tablet. The readout displayed the local time and his approximate location.

"Let's see... I'm right HERE, at 13.05."
He poked at the map with his finger, to center it on his location.

"And today I want to go HERE-"
He stabbed at the map with his finger twice to get an ultra-enhanced view of 10.05.

"But I'll need some SPONSOR ASSISTANCE first. If you all want to see what's in that zone - dear watchers in the sky - I'll need you to send me.... this!"

He scrolled past inventoried images of the Wreckers' potential supply drops, ultimately landing his tablet's sights on a Rad Innoculation syringe (Cost: 25+11=36 Luxe).

"Get this to me within the next couple of hours and I'll be over there in a jiffy, no questions asked. Otherwise..."

He shrugged dramatically and began wandering off in the wrong direction.

13.05 -> 12.05 -> 12.04 -> 11.03

Lux Anima fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Feb 11, 2019

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

[OPERATIVE DELTA/ HP 2/3 / MOVE3 / LUX = 0 RETRACTABLE BLADE]

Delta grimaces as the toxins enter his body, but he went through worse during Initation. He'll recover, and the airstrike beacon was worth it. For now though, he had to find something worth using it on.

Move to 07.05

Shogeton
Apr 26, 2007

"Little by little the old world crumbled, and not once did the king imagine that some of the pieces might fall on him"

Vesuvius Space BBQ supplies
To Doobire and Scramble

If you could try to arrange some explosions, or large fires, that would be absolutely great thanks. Marketing really wants to incorporate some shots from this in some commercials. Say, Scramble, what do you think of? 'You want an omelette, just try breaking this egg! Can't have a BBQ without some smoldering corpses." We're still brainstorming here'

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

[STEV ANSAHOK / HP: 3 / MOVE: 2 / 9L, 7F / CYBER: RIG JACK]

"Hey, thanks! Really generous of you. I'm going to stick around for a bit, wait for my buddy to catch up. If you want to wait too, you're certainly welcome to."

Just going to stay in place for now.

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

According to the plan, he moved up to rendezvous with his current partner.

Move to 03:05

Not Alex
Oct 9, 2012

[SCRAMBLE / HP: 2/ MOVE: 1 / CHITINOUS CARAPACE / REGENERATION] 0 luxe

"Let's make for the Tower."

"Even with slick new metal legs we're not the fastest here. It will be good to know who's where and try and target them."

Scramble's rig swivels to face a camera drone. It raises it gun to "rest" on its shoulder heroically.

"And anyone in our way is about to get burned." There's a long beat and the awkward feeling that the new type has a hideous forced smile on under her gas mask.

"Um.. yea, let's go"

Move from 11.09 to 10.9 to 10.8

Crazycryodude
Aug 15, 2015

[CRYO / HP: 2 [RIG: 3] / MOVE: 2 / FUEL: 10 / LUXE: 0 / CYBER: SPINAL ANTENNA]

OH I LIKE NEW FRIENDS
Wait

Bee Bonk
Feb 19, 2011

1. BOBBY-JACK JOHNSON
No movement.
Enemy forces emerge!

2. STEV ANSAHOK
No movement.

Enemy forces emerge!

3. CRYO
No movement.

Enemy forces emerge!

4. "MIDGE" GUREYEVITCH
Moves to 03.05!

Enemy forces emerge!

Loitering has a pesky tendency to attract the undesirable element.

6. KAL RISSO
Moves to 11.03!

7. OPERATIVE DELTA
Moves to 07.05!

Superlative-rear end view from up that tower, Haze.
True facts, Rev. If Delta can pacify the area, not only will he be able to Scan the entire map, but the Range of his weapons will be increased by 1!
Spicy kill-drilling for those swole enough to snatch it.

8.DOOBRIE
Moves to 10.08!

9. SCRAMBLE
Moves to 10.08!

:siren: Wreckers, resolve your issues! Sponsors, introduce more issues! :siren:

Sponsor-Only Map

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Name: Kal Risso, Newtype HP: 5/5 Move: 3 Luxe: 02

Kal Risso had barely dried off by the time he stumbled across the next horrifying lizard-like mouth-beast. It snorted and woke with a start when it smelled Kal's presence and began lurching to its feet in the Wrecker's midst, its ponderous bulk apparent by the way it swung and thrashed its neck to maintain enough balance to get upright. As it snapped its teeth at him with a furious gnashing fervor, Kal cracked off a shot from his straightened arm with an intense bang. The shot went wide and ricocheted wildly, striking at a completely different target.

Improvise against the Second Squamous Horror: 1d6 4 = Crane Boom: 1d8/10

A series of twangs rang up the the immense arm of a towering crane... A cable snapped somewhere, and a metallic object somewhere up high above began to creak and lurch. With a whining ring and the screech of metal, the massive hook at the end of the crane boom snapped loose from its mooring and descended on an elliptical path, hurtling directly toward the squamous horror's position at relentless speed with impossible force.

WereGoat
Apr 28, 2017

[DOOBRIE / HP2/3 /MOVE 2/CYBER-RIGSPIKE]

"AW SHOi~"
Stinger the horror

@Scramble, rig stat line!

[BetaEnforcer / HP3/6 /MOVE 2/Fuel 5≥3]

WereGoat fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Dec 18, 2017

AJ_Impy
Jun 17, 2007

Yam Slacker

The burly, masked Junker waved cheerfully to the new wrecker, , then nodded to Stev.

"Greetings! I am Midge, I've been working with Stev there."

He punctuated the conversation by blasting at the encroaching muties with a thoroughly irresponsible shotgun.

"I am sure we will get on just fine, yes? Brace yourselves, there are a lot of explosives around here and I expect the enemy will also be shooting."

Wwizard Shotgun at a Mutant Grunt, if Rampage then rampaging onto the other Mutant Grunt if alive. 6

Theantero
Nov 6, 2011

Another gaggle of mutants guarding another cache of fuel he didn't need.

That was a hard pass from Bobby-Jack.

Squidpacking away to 01.00.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cat_herder
Mar 17, 2010

BE GAY
DO CRIME

The Delphi Pharma rep wearing the dress of blades touches a discreet earpiece and nods, her face splitting into a million-watt smile.

Message to Kal Risso: Congratulations, your request is approved! We're thrilled with your progress and have high hopes for you, so we are also sending a freshly synthesized medication that may extend the efficacy of the Rad-Inoculation, with a small risk of side effects. Happy wrecking!