Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Cricket
This poll is closed.
Blackface in crowd 129 55.36%
References to Lord of the Rings 104 44.64%
Total: 233 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Has anyone here played Sachin Saga Cricket Champions?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.jetplay.sachinsagacc&hl=en

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:

BrigadierSensible posted:

When Aus host Afghanistan, will the tests be on traditional test grounds, or will they be played in Cairns, Darwin, Hobart etc.?

I dont think much more than a tentative tour schedule has been made but they are playing in Australia the same season as India is touring so its not impossible they get a test match at the gabba because the gabba has fallen to the 5th test ground and india tend to play 4 test series

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
They'll be too scared of Rashid Khan to play anywhere it turns, might send them down to Hobart.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
They should play in Canberra

If any single ladies read this thread https://twitter.com/ShaneWarne/status/940758443362803713

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

When Aus host Afghanistan, will the tests be on traditional test grounds, or will they be played in Cairns, Darwin, Hobart etc.?

Depends what else is happening that season. At best they get Tasmania, and two of Brisbane, Perth and or Adelaide (probably Brisbane and Adelaide).
If New Zealand also tour that summer then we're talking Canberra, and its defo not out of the question Australia only play one test vs the Ghaners. And the idea of a Canberra test in mid January would be a recipe for endless drinks breaks.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Nah test series need to be a minimum of two tests

We were actually supposed to be Afghanistans first test opponent but it was decided that India would work better

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Scylo posted:

They should play in Canberra

If any single ladies read this thread https://twitter.com/ShaneWarne/status/940758443362803713

His bill for hookers and blow must be gargantuan

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Manus Island

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Unimpressed posted:

Manus Island

:eyepop:

Schlesische
Jul 4, 2012

Unimpressed posted:

Manus Island

:drat:

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
England have made a huge change to the XI for the test, Bairstow is batting ahead of Ali now, which is probably still too low

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Actually i was wrong about the 2 test minimum. Basically all of irelands home tests appear to be 1 offs warm up matches for teams preparing to play England.

Here are the amount of tests each nations play over this 5 year period

England 46
Australia 40
India 37
Bangladesh 35
South Africa 32
West indies 29
Sri Lanka 29
New Zealand 28 (lololol)
Pakistan 28
Zimbabwe 17
Ireland 16
Afghanistan 13

ShaneMacGowansTeeth
May 22, 2007

I think this is it... I think this is how it ends

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Actually i was wrong about the 2 test minimum. Basically all of irelands home tests appear to be 1 offs warm up matches for teams preparing to play England.

Here are the amount of tests each nations play over this 5 year period

England 46
Australia 40
India 37
Bangladesh 35
South Africa 32
West indies 29
Sri Lanka 29
New Zealand 28 (lololol)
Pakistan 28
Zimbabwe 17
Ireland 16
Afghanistan 13

How are Ireland and Afghanistan going to ever improve in the test arena if they're playing three a year? Makes no sense

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Makes sense if you don't give a poo poo about growing test cricket.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Does it have all the bats of sachin in it

garycoleisgod
Sep 27, 2004
Boo
Holy poo poo, allegations of match fixing ahead of the third test being reported on Sky News.

From the Sun in the UK, does anyone have more details?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/5133944/sun-investigation-smashes-bookies-multi-million-pound-plot-to-rig-third-ashes-test/

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

quote:

The pair reeled off players they say work as their “puppets”.

They also claimed to be working with a fixer in Australian cricket known as The Silent Man.

He is said to work with former and current internationals including a World Cup-winning all-rounder.

Alright then lads let's have some speculation

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I'm the subtle gesture, such as changing gloves, which happens every second over these days.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Not Yuvraj!

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
It's Warner and the organiser is Warne.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Please be Marsh please be Marsh please be Marsh.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

Alistair Cook, you heard it here first. The fix is that he gets out early. Oh wait...

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Wasn't it Jimmy Anderson who bowled an absolutely massive wide last match, where it was off the pitch? Looked like spot fixing to me

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Read the article please, people fought for the written word. No current England players are involved.

I don't like to say I told you so in these circumstances, but what have I been saying since day one? Australia are cheats. At least there are some good, honest institutions in the world willing to expose it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Who else even is a world cup winning all rounder? Maxwell can't even fix himself a place in the team.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I reckon it's stokes and that's why he bashed that bloke coz he was going to leak it.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
James Faulkner, Watto. Faulkner is good mates with Warne so I'd put my money there if it's true. But if it does end up being true would it even be surprising? Warne and Mark Waugh have history with bookies and they both still have way too much involvement with the Australian team

Varkk
Apr 17, 2004

Former player possibly means one of the Waugh’s. They have been linked to bookies before.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

Airstream Driver posted:

I reckon it's stokes and that's why he bashed that bloke coz he was going to leak it.

Probably revealed it to him while he was being all gay with him

fuckpot
May 20, 2007

Lurking beneath the water
The future Immortal awaits

Team Anasta
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9M_uracXR4

Probably the most suspicious video I've ever seen. It happened in his last test series.

runoverbobby
Apr 21, 2007

Fighting like beavers.

Lionel Richie posted:

The Silent Man

Ah yes brother to the Illusive Man and the Faceless Man.

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

In seriousness there are no current players named and if they had anything they wouldn't be shy in saying so. When they got Amir, Asif and Salman Butt they paid for it and waited for the fix to come in, whereas they've released this before the test and not named anyone. They've probably just got a couple of wide boys who thought they could swindle 140k out of some silly oval office with more money than sense.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

It's Lyon.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

"Nice Garry" is the tell.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

The allegations are just weird. I can certainly accept that an Australian cricketer could be corrupt. We had a spot fixer in Rugby League a few years ago so it happens. Australian cricketers are well paid but there are certainly people greedy enough with poor enough morals to take the cash alleged in the article.

But the only players still connected with the game who are "world cup winning allrounders" and I will include that to people in the squad and that is Marsh, Faulkner, maxwell and Watson.

Only Marsh and Maxwell is in any position to possibly play test cricket. Faulkner is perpetually injured and Watson is retired.

Anyway if there is match fixing going on in Australian cricket it should be stamped out and players prosecuted to the full extent of the law. It is a very serious allegation and should be investigated. I do find the timing of the Sun releasing something this vague interesting. Hours before an Ashes test.

Also lol at the changing gloves as a signal. I don't know how many people have watched Australia play live in recent history but there are a couple of batsmen in the team notably Warner and Smith who change their gloves literally every over. That is about the worst way to send a message

Maybe it is Marsh and he is secretly the best batsmen on Earth but he is on the take and that is why he is one of the worst batsmen ever statistically

Burn Down Canberra fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Dec 14, 2017

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

I have a feeling we might not be able to trust The Sun.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
The Ed Hawkins guy seems to think its pretty reliable info, but I'd never even heard of him til today so who knows

https://twitter.com/cricketbetting

Halo14
Sep 11, 2001

fuckpot posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9M_uracXR4

Probably the most suspicious video I've ever seen. It happened in his last test series.

Looks dodgy as hell. He never drops a catch!

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Scylo posted:

The Ed Hawkins guy seems to think its pretty reliable info, but I'd never even heard of him til today so who knows

https://twitter.com/cricketbetting

I think it would be naive to think it is impossible.

That Mark Waugh video is funny because the first catch was tough. It flew off the bat but the catches got easier and easier. I think there is a mental aspect of catching where some days you are just terrible (at least that was the case with me) but Mark Waugh was one of the best slip fieldsmen ever and also not shy of taking money from bookies so it does make you think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

There were plenty at it around that time I reckon, M Waugh and Warne (and Cronje) were just particularly stupid