Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Rami's going to have to reshoot a lot of his Freddie Mercury movie now that it's no longer directed by Bryan Singer, which I bet makes any filming this winter challenging.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Mameluke posted:

Rami's going to have to reshoot a lot of his Freddie Mercury movie now that it's no longer directed by Bryan Singer, which I bet makes any filming this winter challenging.

Is that movie even still happening?

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Snak posted:

Is that movie even still happening?

The gay agenda demands it, everyone knows we control Hollywood.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

drat e-coin site wouldn't load. :argh:

joebuddah
Jan 30, 2005
It's a hat finally got a real reward

empty baggie
Oct 22, 2003

Heck yeah! Been looking for a new hat, although it didn’t show up on the ecoin site for 2-3 minutes after I got the tweet and email.

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Sold out :(

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Woot got the hat as well!

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
Renewed!

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
I'm so upset that I missed the hat because I had to reset my password.

Don't be like me kids, set your password to something very simple so that you can hop on the free poo poo immediately.

CottonWolf
Jul 20, 2012

Good ideas generator

Talorat posted:

Don't be like me kids, set your password to something very simple so that you can hop on the free poo poo immediately.

Elliot would approve.

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Mameluke posted:

It's the Queen movie. The Freddie Mercury movie we all want is probably never going to get made because the rest of Queen wants the attention as well.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Here's my dumb theory for how this all shakes out. White Rose is actually Mr Robot's version of Satoshi Nakamoto, the creator of Bitcoin. In the real world, no one actually knows who Satoshi Nakamoto actually is, and the creator of Bitcoin is a mystery. Whoever this person is owns 5% of all bitcoins, which in today's current value is somewhere around 21 billion dollars. If this is White Rose, it explains her motivation to destabilize the global economy - so that people will switch to using cryptocurrencies. It also explains that while the rest of the world is adopting E-Coin, China refuses to and is still using only Bitcoin. The giant "particle accelerator" that White Rose owns is actually a bitcoin mining facility. This way, he is able to mine them faster than anyone else and once crypto replaces fiat currency, he will be the wealthiest and most powerful man in the world. It would also make sense that she wants to move this facility off of US soil now that crypto is on the rise, since the U.S. government would likely put an end to her operation if they ever found out what it was really being used for. The time travel/alternate reality is a ruse in order to get people to devote themselves so intensely to her cause, to the point that they will kill themselves or blow up 71 buildings because hey in the end we just hit the reset button right? White Rose is just telling people whatever they need to hear to join her army until she's so incredibly wealthy she no longer needs to perpetrate this myth.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Talorat posted:

I'm so upset that I missed the hat because I had to reset my password.

Or don't be dumb and use a password manager?!

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

d0grent posted:

Here's my dumb theory for how this all shakes out. White Rose is actually Mr Robot's version of Satoshi Nakamoto, the creator of Bitcoin. In the real world, no one actually knows who Satoshi Nakamoto actually is, and the creator of Bitcoin is a mystery. Whoever this person is owns 5% of all bitcoins, which in today's current value is somewhere around 21 billion dollars. If this is White Rose, it explains her motivation to destabilize the global economy - so that people will switch to using cryptocurrencies. It also explains that while the rest of the world is adopting E-Coin, China refuses to and is still using only Bitcoin. The giant "particle accelerator" that White Rose owns is actually a bitcoin mining facility. This way, he is able to mine them faster than anyone else and once crypto replaces fiat currency, he will be the wealthiest and most powerful man in the world. It would also make sense that she wants to move this facility off of US soil now that crypto is on the rise, since the U.S. government would likely put an end to her operation if they ever found out what it was really being used for. The time travel/alternate reality is a ruse in order to get people to devote themselves so intensely to her cause, to the point that they will kill themselves or blow up 71 buildings because hey in the end we just hit the reset button right? White Rose is just telling people whatever they need to hear to join her army until she's so incredibly wealthy she no longer needs to perpetrate this myth.

Why would you spend tons of money on a giant not-particle-accelerator mining machine when you could just give yourself tons of coins to begin with? If you created the algorithm and set it all up and stuff you could just give yourself a poo poo ton of them before anybody else even had a chance to create miners.

I do agree though, any kind of actual virtual reality or time travel would be too bonkers. Its just gonna be a cult that whiterose uses to control people. (Still not crazy about how fast Angela fell for it) people are dumb and whiterose just wants money and power.

Also if whiterose created bitcoin and owns a ton of them why allow e-coin to be a thing? Wouldn't she move to shut that down to keep bitcoin going if so invested in bitcoin?

UZR IS BULLSHIT
Jan 25, 2004
The name of tonight’s episode is “shutdown -r” so I’m expecting at the very least an ambiguosly sci fi cliffhanger

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

UZR IS BULLSHIT posted:

The name of tonight’s episode is “shutdown -r” so I’m expecting at the very least an ambiguosly sci fi cliffhanger

Shouldn't it really be shutdown -rf? \goonjoke

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
I'll be drat disappointed if everything actually does come down to "white rose is trolling everyone". I feel like Mr. Robot's continued existence is especially a point in favor of some kind of "reality hacking" going on because by now Mr. Robot is not Elliott or Elliott's Dad and the whole way they physically struggle to control the same body is not really explicable by regular old psychology either.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Zaphod42 posted:

Why would you spend tons of money on a giant not-particle-accelerator mining machine when you could just give yourself tons of coins to begin with? If you created the algorithm and set it all up and stuff you could just give yourself a poo poo ton of them before anybody else even had a chance to create miners.

I do agree though, any kind of actual virtual reality or time travel would be too bonkers. Its just gonna be a cult that whiterose uses to control people. (Still not crazy about how fast Angela fell for it) people are dumb and whiterose just wants money and power.

Also if whiterose created bitcoin and owns a ton of them why allow e-coin to be a thing? Wouldn't she move to shut that down to keep bitcoin going if so invested in bitcoin?

She did give herself a poo poo ton, 21 billion worth. Having the biggest miner would mean you get the most money from people using your currency as every transaction has a fee associated with it. The initial 5% is instant money, while the miner is guaranteed longevity on your wealth. Investing that much machinery into your own currency system also ensures that it's usable as an actual currency, helping transactions to clear quickly, unlike bitcoin in our own reality where transactions take hours or even days to confirm.

I told you it was a dumb theory in the preface though. I just found it interesting that one of the plot points was that China is the only country to refuse E-Coin and stick with Bitcoin.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

precision posted:

I'll be drat disappointed if everything actually does come down to "white rose is trolling everyone". I feel like Mr. Robot's continued existence is especially a point in favor of some kind of "reality hacking" going on because by now Mr. Robot is not Elliott or Elliott's Dad and the whole way they physically struggle to control the same body is not really explicable by regular old psychology either.

Of course its not Elliot or Elliot's Dad, its Tyler Durden.

Its basically psychology but with hollywood drama breaking the rules to do what's cool and dramatic and not necessarily medically real.

d0grent posted:

I just found it interesting that one of the plot points was that China is the only country to refuse E-Coin and stick with Bitcoin.

I do think you're on to something here. Its a good catch.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
Even if whiterose has been manipulating Angela, I'd be extremely curious to see what it was that whiterose showed her that got her to cast away everything she thought she knew about how linear time works

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Uh...those stutters and buffering. I have a feeling this reveal is going to be pretty out there, fellas.

geeves
Sep 16, 2004

:stare:

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Jesus gently caress he’s insane

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
:stare:

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
holy gently caress

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
I saw this scene coming but the execution was :asoiaf:

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

I let you know me, see me. I gave you a rare gift, but you didn't want it.

Lol Leon is rolling something

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Oh cool it’s Kill Bill

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

OH HOLKY gently caress

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
The "Price is Angela's Dad" reveal played out as expected, but that whole sequence with everything was so good I don't even mind.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
The chord progression of the music there was the same as the first part of that Touch song by Daft Punk they used when Angela was riding with Mr. Robot at the end of that one episode. May have just been a coincidence but I definitely appreciated it

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Oh poo poo are they doing it?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Goddamn that Back to the Future pic loving got me

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

J33uk posted:

Oh poo poo are they doing it?

Oh poo poo they did it

cochise
Sep 11, 2011

Fuckin' Vera :stare:

e: once again Esmail picked the perfect ending song. Criminal for Vera's return? c'mon that's too good

Brock Samson
May 13, 2003

Oh thank god its just the dumbfuck Vera. I thought Leon was coming back around to loving kill her. About had a heart attack.

Problematic Pigeon
Feb 28, 2011
That fucker!

Mike Danger
Feb 17, 2012

HorseRenoir posted:

I think this is just one of those weird instances on TV where something from early episodes gets dropped and never returns because the showrunner's ideas of what the show should be changed (hey remember Vera?)

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Can't wait for that piece of poo poo to finally get his come uppance

• Locked thread