Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Yeah, they’re two different products, even if they share the same concept of riffing. MST3K is a TV show, while RiffTrax really isn’t, so their discussions belong in different sub-forums. Kind of like the Star Trek movie thread and the Star Trek TV show threads!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!

BDawg posted:

Anyone aware of a place to rent/buy a digital copy of the movie so I don’t need a DVD?

If you don't mind Spanish subtitles, the whole thing is on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkBTRgR_U5o

(and you can learn to say, 'Oh hi, doggie,' in Spanish)

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Ms Boods posted:

If you don't mind Spanish subtitles, the whole thing is on YouTube

(and you can learn to say, 'Oh hi, doggie,' in Spanish)

Thanks, I’m in the barrel now.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
You should buy The Room dvd for the special features alone

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Director commentary? Something more?

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

Big Mean Jerk posted:

Make sure you buy it from Tommy's website too. He usually throws in an autographed headshot.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Jet Jaguar posted:

Director commentary? Something more?

Canned Panda posted:

Make sure you buy it from Tommy's website too. He usually throws in an autographed headshot.

It’s the above plus an absolutely bizarre Q&A where Greg asks Tommy softball questions and Tommy goes off on bizarre tangents.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Big Mean Jerk posted:

It’s the above plus an absolutely bizarre Q&A where Greg asks Tommy softball questions and Tommy goes off on bizarre tangents.

More bizarre than the movie?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Last night I introduced the girlfriend to I Believe in Santa Claus. She got pissed at me for the scene of the ogre threatening to eat the puppy, then got mad again when they pointed out that there was no sign of the puppy during the escape and no indication that the ogre didn't eat the poor guy.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Did you say "if I didn't laugh than I'd cry"?

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

RandomPauI posted:

Did you say "if I didn't laugh than I'd cry"?

No, I quit that crying business.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

That movie is so loving bizarre, like I kept expecting it to pull back as a dream sequence but no, according to the movie all that crazy stuff actually happened.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
Booo -- Amazon in the UK has had a lot of Rifftraxeseses through Prime for free, but now they're charging £3.49 for them.

I usually buy a few at the start of each month with my pocket money anyway (from the site), but that was a nice perk of Mr Boods having a Prime account thing.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Did anyone receive the physical media rewards from 2017 kickstarter campaign? I have a tracking number, and it's sitting at USPS AWAITING ITEM since Nov 20th or so

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Westworld riff is out. If you backed this year's kickstarter it should already be in your library.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

The RiffTrax Wiki page has their year end poll up.

http://rifftrax.wikia.com/wiki/RiffWiki.net_2017_Year_in_Review

No category for shorts though :(

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Has anyone else had problems accessing the Rifftrax D.rip thru Chrome? I can only log in to the site thru Microsoft Edge.

Canned Panda
Jul 10, 2012

RandomPauI posted:

Has anyone else had problems accessing the Rifftrax D.rip thru Chrome? I can only log in to the site thru Microsoft Edge.

Chrome works fine for me

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony
Really wish we had a new Christmas movie.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I wish I Believe in Santa Claus would get the Rifftrax Live treatment.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

BDawg posted:

Really wish we had a new Christmas movie.

They're doing a lot of shorts.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
I know they said on twitter there is a new Christmas movie riff this year as well that somehow even worst then Whizzo.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

In the meantime, I updated the Guide to Holiday Riffing.

HIGHLY suggest Gifts from the Air. It's probably the oddest old timey dancing toy cartoon they've watched yet.

BDawg
May 19, 2004

In Full Stereo Symphony

Rirse posted:

I know they said on twitter there is a new Christmas movie riff this year as well that somehow even worst then Whizzo.

They better hurry!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Gavok posted:

HIGHLY suggest Gifts from the Air. It's probably the oddest old timey dancing toy cartoon they've watched yet.

It reminded me of that "Shanty Where Santy Lives" short that was part of their "Magical Christmas Tree" short film riff they did.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gavok posted:

I had no clue they'd put out so much Christmas stuff. I need to check out Magic Christmas Tree.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Kinda wish they redo Nestor with Kevin and Bill. The Mike only one is good, but it feels weird just listening to a riff with only him.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

So I have good news and good news. The good news is that the riff for Batman v. Superman will hit on Wednesday. The other good news is that the Mads (at least) will be joining in.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Gavok posted:

So I have good news and good news. The good news is that the riff for Batman v. Superman will hit on Wednesday. The other good news is that the Mads (at least) will be joining in.

You have my attention

I say this liking the movie, for the record. Theatrical cut?

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Burkion posted:

You have my attention

I say this liking the movie, for the record. Theatrical cut?

https://twitter.com/RiffTrax/status/941809601539796992

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I also could swear the mads' involvement isn't news but they might have only revealed that in kickstarter updates

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Full-length riff with Bridget & Mary Jo! Beyond Christmas, which looks a bit like A Christmas Carol only with three dead industrialists and a lead with the big-boy name "Jimmy."

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Also you get to see one of the industrialists going off to Hell for some unspecified crime.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Magic Christmas Tree was great, I'm mad I didn't see it until now. I don't even remember any of the riffs, just an enjoyable crazy movie.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The latest feature is Jack Frost, the one about the killer snowman, not the one about ghost Michael Keaton.

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Why isn't there a movie about the killer ghost of Michael Keaton?

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

RandomPauI posted:

It was called Multiplicity.

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008

RandomPauI posted:

Isn't that literally Beetlejuice?

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
While Jack Frost should be a fun riff, I was kinda hoping for another really bizarre rear end Christmas movie that nobody ever heard about like Whizzo or Ice Cream Bunny.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

...tooth?

I saw Jack Frost around the time it came out so I was both excited to watch the riff and a little apprehensive because it's the kind of schlock that is self-aware in its badness. But it turns out the movie is worse than I remember by failing to competently ape Freddy Krueger's style. Jack Frost's one-liners are the worst and the Rifftrax guys do a good job of jumping on that.

The riff that absolutely killed me:

*one guy starts vomiting out white gunk onto the street and dies*
Mike: "Golden Corral's new slogan!"

They also edit down the most infamous scene of the movie and toss in a riff a few seconds later that anyone mad about that is probably a pervert.