Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

In Training posted:

i dont know but thats a bummer...exploding orbs is all i crave in this game

It was the first time I reached 4 orbs on a boss, it was a big gamer disappointment that's for sure.

And then to rub salt in the wound, it was a unique boss out on the field and it decided to walk off the cliff shortly before I killed him so I didn't even get any loot out of it. I haven't been this brutally owned by a game in a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

In the process of spamming commons on Nia to try to get a single drat wind mastery on her so I can clear some of these skill checks I've gotten three rares, one of which was even wind (Finch) but of course she doesn't have wind mastery. I fear that I have now spent all of pull luck for the rest of the game. And yet I still don't have that drat wind mastery!

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face

Srice posted:

It was the first time I reached 4 orbs on a boss, it was a big gamer disappointment that's for sure.

And then to rub salt in the wound, it was a unique boss out on the field and it decided to walk off the cliff shortly before I killed him so I didn't even get any loot out of it. I haven't been this brutally owned by a game in a long time.

It's happened to me a few times, I don't know the cause. The only guess I have is that there's a hidden timer, because it's never happened on the chains where I just pound them out super fast.

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles
I think I'm near the end of chapter 7 REX YOU DENSE MOTHERFUCKER oh well best girl/blade is happy I guess

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Poppi's maid form is the worst.

Then Akho comes along. Where are the pants.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Tae posted:

Poppi's maid form is the worst.

Then Akho comes along. Where are the pants.

lol, you haven't seen near the worst yet.

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

So I guess post chapter 7 question should I spec into healer now? I have a good rare blade that I could use with Nia so is she good enough to warrant the change?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Chaosfirev posted:

So I guess post chapter 7 question should I spec into healer now? I have a good rare blade that I could use with Nia so is she good enough to warrant the change?

Not really. Nia makes an obscenely OP healing Blade, but it leaves you down a Driver for field skills.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

Chaosfirev posted:

I think I'm near the end of chapter 7 REX YOU DENSE MOTHERFUCKER oh well best girl/blade is happy I guess

I'm still mad as heck over this

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Amppelix posted:

In the process of spamming commons on Nia to try to get a single drat wind mastery on her so I can clear some of these skill checks I've gotten three rares, one of which was even wind (Finch) but of course she doesn't have wind mastery. I fear that I have now spent all of pull luck for the rest of the game. And yet I still don't have that drat wind mastery!

None of your commons have wind mastery? On anybody? You should be able to equip a blade on any character to have its field skills trigger during a check.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

A couple do, but they're all on rex so I can have at maximum 2 wind mastery (until Roc gets more, and that is going to be a while), and a load of things need 3. Well, among all this money farming I managed to nab one on Nia so problem solved, finally.

Now I have a new problem: what on earth is Sheba and how do I get her out of her bathtub, it's awfully big and distracting (this isn't actually a problem, what a silly and fun design)

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Amppelix posted:

A couple do, but they're all on rex so I can have at maximum 2 wind mastery (until Roc gets more, and that is going to be a while), and a load of things need 3. Well, among all this money farming I managed to nab one on Nia so problem solved, finally.

Now I have a new problem: what on earth is Sheba and how do I get her out of her bathtub, it's awfully big and distracting (this isn't actually a problem, what a silly and fun design)

Go Salvage with Gold Cylinders until you can dump 1,000,000G into her warchest at the Goldmouth Warehouse. Her sidequest is great.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Mythra is cool

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
I am sad. I just lost like 4 hours of progress on the game. My Switch has a glitch were it will sometimes crash during cinematic's. Previously this had only effected my Zelda game. But I learned it could crash this game too. And I had not saved or used the auto save of awakening a blade for a while. So now I will need to go back and play through several sidequests and a chunk of main story again.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Wait Floren is a dude?

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

I just started chapter 8 Getting massive Eureka 7 vibes from this turn of events. Was there a reveal like the Land of Morytha about what's under the cloud sea in previous xenoblade games? Also, does this game go into what happened to civilization at all or no?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Chaosfirev posted:

I just started chapter 8 Also, does this game go into what happened to civilization at all or no?

Yes

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Good don't tell me but if this turns out to be a hosed up future earth then coooooooool

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The thing I'm always slightly miffed at is a party-based game where there's no real incentive to switch because the main character has ALL the fancy stuff.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

MonsterEnvy posted:

Wait Floren is a dude?

He sure is! This game is confusing.

Spite
Jul 27, 2001

Small chance of that...
Swap canceling pyra builds special super fast. It's kinda broken.

Do the pouch items stack?

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Tae posted:

The thing I'm always slightly miffed at is a party-based game where there's no real incentive to switch because the main character has ALL the fancy stuff.

This is why I haven't used the 5th party member, and hell I went back to Tora instead of the fourth because even jus having Poppi and QT he's still a little ball of tanking power while the other one seems to drop more easily.

Nia's healing means I can just focus on murdering the poo poo out of bosses and uniques with Rex.

...I still can't put Vess on Nia. My "game clock kept counting in sleep mode" thing happened after I got her core too so that means 30+ hours of in game clock and I can't activate it yet, probably 4 hours or more of actual gameplay and cutscenes in there too... :wtc:

LemonAIDS
Aug 7, 2009

They are pretty great.

I just gacha'd Vale. God is her stacking damage buffs ever insane. I'm doing ludicrous amounts of damage with her in boss/named fights.

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Chapter 8 kinda blows.

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Removing the kinda, this fight sucks rear end.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

When's the earliest I can stock up on whatever accessory gives you the chance to double your auto attacks? Because it sounds like that goes a decent way to speeding up the battle system

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

voltcatfish posted:

When's the earliest I can stock up on whatever accessory gives you the chance to double your auto attacks? Because it sounds like that goes a decent way to speeding up the battle system

Pop Instruments into your Pouches, theu recharge your Arts faster.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

voltcatfish posted:

You can get one from the Salvager Ranking NPC (rank B, I think) but beyond that they don't start dropping until like chapter 7ish?

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

someone told me you lose all the bonus exp that you don't use when you stay at an inn. is that true?

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

DACK FAYDEN posted:

You can get one from the Salvager Ranking NPC (rank B, I think) but beyond that they don't start dropping until like chapter 7ish?

Thanks

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Pop Instruments into your Pouches, theu recharge your Arts faster.

I could try that as well, thanks

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Rex and Pyra are quickly becoming my favorite video game couple. They're just dorky and sweet.

Also the Torna battle theme is great.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 07:21 on Dec 14, 2017

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011
Alright, boss fight aftermath in chapter 6 I think? Okay, Bana would rather go out with a bang then get arrested, fair enough. Child emperor orders bodyguard blade to deploy barrier, good move.

Then he dives outside the barrier to tank the explosion with his face. You sorta lost me there. Was he trying to save Bana or something?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

The chapter 7 cave dungeon is loving terrible.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Caidin posted:

Alright, boss fight aftermath in chapter 6 I think? Okay, Bana would rather go out with a bang then get arrested, fair enough. Child emperor orders bodyguard blade to deploy barrier, good move.

Then he dives outside the barrier to tank the explosion with his face. You sorta lost me there. Was he trying to save Bana or something?

He was going for the detonator in Bana's hand, Aegaeon's shield was a last-ditch effort in case he hosed up because there was no way of knowing how big the blast would be.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
Ok, I kinda take back what I said about the unique healing blade being the strongest. I just got a common bit ball blade that just shits all over it. It has +50% damage from the front and +80% damage outdoors.

Bit Balls are insanely strong and they have the lowest regen of all weapons apparently. When you max out the driver arts to reduce their recharge, you can literally cancel one into another in an infinite loop, with no need to autoattack. The skill that heals your party on damage dealt will easily heal over 10k damage to the whole party (which is the HP cap) and you can cast it every 3 seconds. I'm taking on enemies 15 levels above me and only dying if they have CC. If they can't one shot me, they literally can't kill me.

Dirk the Average
Feb 7, 2012

"This may have been a mistake."

Evil Fluffy posted:

...I still can't put Vess on Nia. My "game clock kept counting in sleep mode" thing happened after I got her core too so that means 30+ hours of in game clock and I can't activate it yet, probably 4 hours or more of actual gameplay and cutscenes in there too... :wtc:

I think this is based on # of battles fought. Fortunately, it also appears to unlock by running away, but I'd just go around and kill some random enemies and see how long it takes to pop.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

chumbler posted:

Rex and Pyra are quickly becoming my favorite video game couple. They're just dorky and sweet.

I like them a lot, they're cute

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

mabels big day posted:

someone told me you lose all the bonus exp that you don't use when you stay at an inn. is that true?

Hell no.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

nerdz posted:

Ok, I kinda take back what I said about the unique healing blade being the strongest. I just got a common bit ball blade that just shits all over it. It has +50% damage from the front and +80% damage outdoors.

Bit Balls are insanely strong and they have the lowest regen of all weapons apparently. When you max out the driver arts to reduce their recharge, you can literally cancel one into another in an infinite loop, with no need to autoattack. The skill that heals your party on damage dealt will easily heal over 10k damage to the whole party (which is the HP cap) and you can cast it every 3 seconds. I'm taking on enemies 15 levels above me and only dying if they have CC. If they can't one shot me, they literally can't kill me.

The affinity charts for commons is random so it sounds like you lucked out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I got Finch on Nia and boy she rrrrrrrrrrrrreally rrrrrrrrrrrrrrolls her rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrs on rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrolling smash.