Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
I didn't know Sarah's name until this episode.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

the interviews are always a treat; I don't even mind if they're played up because there's such a visceral catharsis to it

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Is her business putting mixups in milkshake cups?

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
Does Michaela's accent get stronger when she's nervous as well, or have we just not heard her speak so much? Either way I can't help but like her a bit. I thought I hated all of them. Must be getting Stockholm syndrome.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012
RIGHT OR WRONG, I CAN’T HELP BUT EXPRESS MYSELF LIKE A BRATTY CHILD. DON’T LISTEN TO ME.
jesus loving christ these are the worst business plans

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012
RIGHT OR WRONG, I CAN’T HELP BUT EXPRESS MYSELF LIKE A BRATTY CHILD. DON’T LISTEN TO ME.

crispix posted:

Is her business putting mixups in milkshake cups?

yes, she has a small company packing sweets for treats/events

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

Said little bitch, you can't fuck with me if you wanted to
These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

"It's a unique product!" *Pulls out competitor* must be a space on the bingo card.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012
the creepiest smile

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
lmaoooooo James and his APSCO fee (or lack thereof)

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012
"most of these companies look really good"

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

Staggy posted:

"It's a unique product!" *Pulls out competitor* must be a space on the bingo card.

We'd need an interviews bingo card tbh

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
lol the gaul of the blonde woman to call Elisabeth aggressive.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
She reminds me of Lucile off Arrested Development

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Claude has waited weeks for this

e: Claude's gone soft (:unsmith:)

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

If this oval office was making 200k a year why would he want to set up something that makes him less with more risk lol

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
predictions for the finalists? I don't think any of them were substantially better/worse. I think Elisabeth is going to get dropped though because the flowers business plan is just a bit :/

Depends on whether it's about business plan or person though.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

Michaela and James imo

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I can see Elizabeth staying tbh

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
Well, I was wrong.

Sarah still such a non-entity that I forgot she was there. Come on, sweeties in jars? :/

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012
Yeah Sarah can't make the final, sadly, with that plan.

Katty!
Aug 26, 2015

Chillin'

😢

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
:newlol: loving hell indeed. Sweeties in loving jars

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Noooo Michaela :sigh:

It's gonna be loving James isn't it. How can Sarah's poo poo sweet shop even compete

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
That's a wank decision. C'mon James I guess.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

That seems like two very weak finalists, both in terms of people and business plans. Maybe the editing so far just makes them look worse than they actually are? I was sure Michaela was going to get through.

Khablam
Mar 29, 2012

Staggy posted:

That seems like two very weak finalists, both in terms of people and business plans. Maybe the editing so far just makes them look worse than they actually are? I was sure Michaela was going to get through.
Nah they're just weak.
I'm sure he'll go for James though, since it has the highest possible market of the two.

Staggy
Mar 20, 2008

These expensive
These is red bottoms
These is bloody shoes

Khablam posted:

Nah they're just weak.
I'm sure he'll go for James though, since it has the highest possible market of the two.

Yeah, go James I guess.

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Cup full of sweets or a slimy little weasel doing “recruitment” in a packed centre with no clients 🤔

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Bape Culture posted:

slimy little weasel doing “recruitment”

Yep, I fully hate that the show has made me root for this guy. He was sort of likeable on the fashion episode though. Sarah is just so nondescript. Michaela was robbed for sure.

Marmaduke!
May 19, 2009

Why would it do that!?
I once had a recruiter send me a cup of sweets as a thank you, sounds like the real money is in combining the two business plans.

But really given that he already has a cakes business partner and a recruiter business partner, these seem like odd choices.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Just saw the episode. Michaela was robbed. No mates rates!

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Your friendly neighbourhood Postie.

Grimey Drawer
WOW THE TWO MOST BORING PEOPLE GOT THROUGH poo poo I didn't even know Sarah's name until someone else posted it. What a crock.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?

eating only apples posted:

the lady who PMd this time might do quite well if she's lucky.

My first post itt after the first episode: the first time I've ever done a good prediction

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
I cannot loving believe that boring sweet reseller is in the final gently caress

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer

Pissflaps posted:

I cannot loving believe that boring sweet reseller is in the final gently caress

Her USP is a play on a TV show that finished 13 years ago. The jars are going for £18 (!!!) on her new revamped website. Could you not just use an old Dolmio jar and go to your cornershop for at least £10 less? People are loving idiots if they buy any of that poo poo.

quote:

Each of our beautifully presented gifts are carefully hand-picked and hand-packed to give our customers the premium sweet experience that we are proud to put our name to.

Come the gently caress on, you're putting Wham bars in a jar. I've seen this poo poo at the local school fete, and done better. Just coz you've put a wee bow on the top does not ADD VALUE JFC. BURN IT ALL TO THE GROUND

https://www.sweetsinthecity.co.uk/

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
How did James get through when he's admitted to being fired for almost corporate espionage and his website has a big loving lie on it?

That's just....insane.

Rondette
Nov 4, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Yeah that too

Absolute junk.

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Stick by my prediction Michaela was axed because she has huge debt liability from her previous businesses.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Stick by my prediction Michaela was axed because she has huge debt liability from her previous businesses.

It'd probably just be really loving hard to film an episode of her showing off her business. It's too abstract, the two that qualified have much easier ones to show off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Taear posted:

It'd probably just be really loving hard to film an episode of her showing off her business. It's too abstract, the two that qualified have much easier ones to show off.

She just had to film an advert illustrating the concept and then pitch the model, surely? The concept wasn’t rocket science, easily done in a 5 min Dragon’s Den slot.

• Locked thread