Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Indolent Bastard posted:

TLC does not play movies. Unfortunately they play reality show marathons. So it will be one full day of Say Yes to the Dress or renovation show disasters or something else equally vacuous.

Knowing my parents for the last 5 years, it'll be a full day of TIVO'd episodes of Property Brothers for me :suicide:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

https://twitter.com/jupin/status/941172096381710336

Boss Baby confirmed for Worst of 2017

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

Firstborn posted:

Here's some:

He has lied and said he was homeless in Japan at age 13 and trained under Aikido's founder, whose family denied the claim. He has reported to have helped train CIA agents in Japan, which his wife denies. He for some reason lies and says he is Italian even though his mother was Jewish and his father was Irish. He claims to have fought the Japanese Yakuza with the help of the Italian Mafia. He says auction houses hire him to appraise ancient swords, specifically. Quite a few accusations of sexual abuse.

... He takes credit for some UFC victories, claiming that he taught specifically the kick that Anderson Silva used to win one of his matches, and went on Jimmy Kimmel and claimed Lyoto Machida was his student.
... He refers to himself as "Lord Steven" or "The Great One".
He owns a bulletproof jacket that looks like a kimono.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93uyDLhTQYQ
https://music.avclub.com/run-the-jewels-on-the-brutality-music-and-magic-of-st-1798274718

E: This says everything: http://fightland.vice.com/blog/the-glimmer-man-under-siege-the-life-and-times-of-steven-seagal

yeah, like you said, isnt he just a giant rear end in a top hat fraud. like trump if he were "smarter" and in the movies. hangs out with the same kind of assholes too.

ZakAce
May 15, 2007

GF

That movie certainly has enough wacky poo poo to talk about. I wonder if they're also going to talk about Emoji Movie? Because that movie was truly crap.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

I feel they really missed the boat with "Coma horse" why not "Hospital Horse" ?

Continue with the alliteration of"Coma Cat".

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upgibRIqiYs

Time to bet on how long it takes until Disney gets bloated enough to suffer an ulcer.

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
Watched Sucker Punch with the commentary last night, I loved their portrayal of a perverted old Zack Snyder trying to pawn the movie off as feminist.

"You know what's real feminist? Watching two girsl make out."

RobotDogPolice fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Dec 16, 2017

DoubleCakes
Jan 14, 2015

That Pottersville sure was a thing. I can't call it a movie because there wasn't really a theme or arc (despite the movie thinking there is), but it was fascinating most of the time. It got boring towards the middle when the plot shifted focus on Ian McShane and Thomas Lennon . Michael Shannon mostly looks scared and uncomfortable to be there, which honestly could just be Shannon playing himself. It's a weird kind of beast since it's a mostly pleasant film aside from jokes about Bigfoot having a large penis and a furry community subplot

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

I sincerely recommend watching Pottersville before the ep if you can, it whiplashes between quirky smalltown down on its luck at Christmas hijinks to some things that you probably wouldn't believe if someone was describing the film to you.

RobotDogPolice
Dec 1, 2016
The running joke that Bee Movie is someone's secret gigantism fetish is killing me.

RobotDogPolice fucked around with this message at 00:02 on Dec 18, 2017

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Secret?

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

Joke?

Marin Karin
Jul 29, 2011

What are you, compared to my magnificence?
I dreamt I was inside a cake for Chuck Norris to eat and all he said was, "It's not even mah birthday."

Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012

Baka-nin posted:

I sincerely recommend watching Pottersville before the ep if you can, it whiplashes between quirky smalltown down on its luck at Christmas hijinks to some things that you probably wouldn't believe if someone was describing the film to you.

It's so loving weird, but not a redeemable type of weird. Someone said on the Facebook group that Michael Shannon was doing whatever the opposite of chewing the scenery is, and they're not wrong. He's sleepwalking through this movie.

Why does Christina Hendricks want to gently caress a Bigfoot?

Parakeet vs. Phone
Nov 6, 2009
Yeah, this is genuinely weird. If you cut about 10 minutes out of Pottersville, it's just a Hallmark movie with less of a plot than usual. It's a shame that Ian McShane seems to be the only one really having any fun with it.

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
I've been watching every movie this season before they air the episode, but Pottersville just doesn't look very fun.

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax
I watched Pottersville and I really don't know who the target audience is. Like the explicit furry sex club subplot and all the language and alcohol means its totally not appropriate for kids but its far too dumb to work as a movie for adults. It's not even like a quirky indie comedy thing, its just bizarre and poorly made on every level.

admataY
Oct 16, 2008
Im trying to catch up with Potterville before the episode, but not sure and.. what is this?! WHAT IS THIS ?! Why are all these talanted actors doing ... this .

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

How many tall glasses of water are required to view Pottersville?

admataY
Oct 16, 2008

Beer_Suitcase posted:

How many tall glasses of water are required to view Pottersville?

All of them ?
It is the oddest movie, its edited directed and scored like a comedy only they forgot to add jokes . And what magical christams movie is complete without "furry sex club" being a plot point .

Baka-nin
Jan 25, 2015

admataY posted:

All of them ?
It is the oddest movie, its edited directed and scored like a comedy only they forgot to add jokes . And what magical christams movie is complete without "furry sex club" being a plot point .

Weeeeeeeeeeeelllll they did remember to put at least one joke in the film. a Christian Bale Terminator Salvation meltdown joke, in the year of our lord 2017

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
Whenever Shannon is in the store with his assistant and they are stocking shelves and stuff, the lighting and weird shots remind me of like... Pushing Daisies. That was the one with the piemaker, right? It looks like that.
Ron Perleman raising a toast at the end to him made me hope he told him to shut the gently caress up.

I also low how there was conflict when Ian Mcshane's actual hunter got involved when the clear answer is... just stop being the Bigfoot. At least for a while. He treats it like he is Batman or something. Everybody watching tv on tiny, tiny little black & white sets, but there's also iphones and poo poo in the movie. I thought it was a period piece at first. I'm trying to talk around all the furry poo poo. It's weird because it's played for laughs a little and then the movie stops to tell you that it's fine.

This movie also lets you know absolutely nothing about it's characters at all. There's a supercut video of "man comes home early to find wife engaged in adultery", and it's basically movie shorthand for the main male character to get his poo poo together (get rid of his poo poo wife and do something crazy like... move into a fraternity, etc.) and that the wife is a BIIIIIIITCH, everybody.

My only legit laugh was drunk Bigfoot practicing his roar before the first night out, and he kind of leans back real shakily in the door before he goes.. "Ra...aaaaaaghhhhhrr!"

Also the ending suggests that there will be Pottersville 2: Revengeance now that there's a real bigfoot out there.

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Dec 19, 2017

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I will never get tired of hearing these guys poo poo on people on the internet because Star Wars 'fans' are terrible.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

They mentioned they recorded an episode for Fast Eight. Worst of 2017? Jesus that's a high bar for worst.

Captain Hotbutt
Aug 18, 2014

GrandpaPants posted:

They mentioned they recorded an episode for Fast Eight. Worst of 2017? Jesus that's a high bar for worst.

It's a five-Tuesday month so they're looking to fill a longer month. Also, their new Patreon levels have them doing an extra "thematic" episode a month. So they have 6 worst-of-2017-movies to cover next month.

I "gave up" on seeing Fast/Furious movies so maybe they're good now :shrug: but if there's something weird for them to glom on to in the newest movie, then I'm all for an episode on it.

Anything - ANYTHING - to get Steve and Andrew's large-testicled Vin Diesel impression back.

ALSO I'm hoping for Eric's dream of a Bye Bye Man episode to come true.

enigmahfc
Oct 10, 2003

EFF TEE DUB!!
EFF TEE DUB!!
I randomly thought of an exchange from the Drop Zone episode, and it keeps making me laugh:

"Yeah, we call then 'Daddy Doritos'."
"...Do we?"

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
I'm gonna throw a few bucks at the Patreon. These dudes have provided me so much fun that I might as well. Missed a chance to see them when I went to Manhattan last month, so hopefully they can get funded to live the dream!

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Captain Hotbutt posted:

I "gave up" on seeing Fast/Furious movies so maybe they're good now :shrug: but if there's something weird for them to glom on to in the newest movie, then I'm all for an episode on it.

5 is still the best, but they're still worth watching to see how they try to top the previous films. Cabin said in a previous episode that he thought 8 was terrible but I think he was also the only one that had seen it at the time so it might end up a mix of hate and love. Either way, there's a lot going on in 8 and not all of it good so they should have plenty to talk about.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

We Hate Movies was already responsible for killing Paul Walker, why are they continuing to pick on the FF movies :(

clown shoes
Jul 17, 2004

Nothing but clowns down here.
They won't stop until they're all dead.

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Tokyo Drift then 5-7 are good. In the way that, say, Commando is good. Except the F&F tries to have themes in it while Commando is just... Commando.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

GrandpaPants posted:

F8 wasn't great, but the Jason Staham/Baby fight alone was better than some entire movies that came out this year.

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012
Is all of the back catalogue going to be Patreon exclusive? Did I understand that right?

claw game handjob
Mar 27, 2007

pinch pinch scrape pinch
ow ow fuck it's caught
i'm bleeding
JESUS TURN IT OFF
WHY ARE YOU STILL SMILING

Andorra posted:

Is all of the back catalogue going to be Patreon exclusive? Did I understand that right?

Not if I heard right. It's rehosting all of the oldest episodes which aren't on iTunes or other feeds on Patreon so it's all downloadable in one easy spot, as opposed to there being no automated way to get them now.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I'm so glad they loved The Last Jedi

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

END ME SCOOB posted:

Not if I heard right. It's rehosting all of the oldest episodes which aren't on iTunes or other feeds on Patreon so it's all downloadable in one easy spot, as opposed to there being no automated way to get them now.

Ah thanks for explaining it. That kind of stuff usually goes over my head since I always download episodes straight from the websites.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
Oh my god I'm so glad I signed up for Patreon, the Super Mario Bros Super Show episode is incredible. Eric no-selling the Birdo gallery with "she's down on her luck" had me in stitches.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

The Deleter posted:

Oh my god I'm so glad I signed up for Patreon, the Super Mario Bros Super Show episode is incredible. Eric no-selling the Birdo gallery with "she's down on her luck" had me in stitches.

Give the duck tale and count duckula a try.

The Vosgian Beast
Aug 13, 2011

Business is slow
Andrew Jupin

Stephen Sasquatch

Chris............... Cabin

And I'm Eric Sasquatch his brother!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Twinkie Czar
Dec 31, 2004
I went for super stud.
A Sasquatch is a thing you might find out in the woods. So is a cabin. Brilliant as always.