Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
also Erin, man, gently caress you for basically taking half a company, promising a bunch of people a shitload of things and them dumping them at the first opportunity

you and your brother deserve all the poo poo you're going to get

Dogeh
Aug 30, 2017

ShitMeter: -------------|- 99%

D_Smart posted:

my Star Citizen book

Oh poo poo.
How many volumes are we talking here?
Like Encyclopedia Britannica volumes?

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

TheAgent posted:

I love how this is turning into a "well Crytek didn't support CIG enough and Chris Roberts had to hire their poor engineers and didn't poach them at all like Erin did with TT games. when you think about it, CIG has already won this"

I liked the games that Erin Roberts produced and always held out this idea that he was a good candidate for making Sq42 and somehow a beacon of sanity.

Will you tell us all the ghost stories and reasons why that isn't so?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Dusty Lens posted:

I liked the games that Erin Roberts produced and always held out this idea that he was a good candidate for making Sq42 and somehow a beacon of sanity.

Will you tell us all the ghost stories and reasons why that isn't so?
Here's the hilarious breakdown of Erin Roberts:

Fucks off from Tt fusion to join up with his brother Chris Roberts, killing most of the company by poaching any single loving person that would go with him
Before that works at Tt fusion making some parts of Lego games
Tt fusion is actually just a renamed company called Embryonic Studios Limited
Embryonic Studios Limited is actually just Warthog Games (same people heading it, including the much lovely named Derek Senior)
Warthog Games is basically just Gizmondo Europe

if you don't know what the gizmondo is

well

quote:

The Gizmondo was further overshadowed when Swedish press revealed criminal pasts of several executives, causing their resignations including Tiger CEO Carl Freer. Director of Gizmondo Europe Stefan Eriksson was involved in a Swedish criminal organisation, the "Uppsalamaffian" (the Uppsala mafia). By February 2006, the company was forced into bankruptcy after amassing US$300 million debt, and the Gizmondo stopped production. Weeks thereafter Eriksson crashed a rare Ferrari Enzo driving at 162 mph in California, and was later jailed for the crash and his criminal offenses.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
like how anyone could look at Erin and think "golly gee, the guy who helped scam 100s of millions from investors can sure produce a game" just lol

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
Randy_marsh_after_getting_internet_access_back.gif

Please, no more schadenfreude. I can only cum so much and I'm just throwing out dusty ghostloads.

Crazypoops
Jul 17, 2017

TheAgent posted:

I mean there was those rumors of unpaid royalties floating around since last year but it was in regards to the mocap

lol if CIG has just been offsetting the bill for every goddamn thing

So, I see the joke a lot about how Chris DOES treat the backers like a publisher, because of how he treated Microsoft with Freelancer.

Does anyone else think about the kind of giant loving balls it must take to do something like that. This is peak software juggernaut era Microsoft and Chris just brazenly fucks around with their game and then misappropriates part of the budget for his movie lies to both the film company and Microsoft and then walks away and muttering it was all their fault.

If he can do this with a company like Microsoft what the loving hell is stopping him from treating EVERYONE like this? Backers, Crytek, Amazon, Turbulent, his brother, his friends his family? Lol he even tried to gently caress over Kevin god drat Dances with Wolves Costner.

I wouldn't be surprised if CIG has failed to pay any single entity they've been involved with. That man DGAF

Kavak posted:

If the Coutts loan was when the "smoke" from this project turned black and oily, this is when the flames became visible.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bHzov33tgfg

I'm motherfucking hudson today.

Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Well gosh that's too bad.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Breetai posted:

Randy_marsh_after_getting_internet_access_back.gif

Please, no more schadenfreude. I can only cum so much and I'm just throwing out dusty ghostloads.

Sounds to me like some is about to stop rubbing :colbert:

Probate this motherfucker! (also free tophat)

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer
here's Erin's best and brightest game that I think even surface detail can appreciate

Sticky Balls

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Crazypoops posted:

I'm motherfucking hudson today.

We are all Hudson today.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

On a scale of Christmas to my June birthday, when will the RSI website go dark?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Crazypoops posted:

Does anyone else think about the kind of giant loving balls it must take to do something like that.
its really not balls at all. its sheer incompetence or rampant greed or both

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

CrazyTolradi posted:

Gotta love how Tarkaroshe really believes that SC brings all the views to Twitch and Amazon will protect CIG/SC for those precious SC views.

320 viewers as of right now on Twitch.tv, Bezos on plane right now to set things right!

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

EmesiS posted:

On a scale of Christmas to my June birthday, when with the RSI website go dark?
luckily they'll have a new website up in 2018 with turbulent completely cut out of it

I'm sure this is good news for star citizen

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

star citizen

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Now, aside from the Abuminable, business goes on as usual.

Solarin posted:

star citizen

best post

Foo Diddley
Oct 29, 2011

cat

Solarin posted:

star citizen

Hell, same

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

notoriousman posted:

Well, I have chosen the absolute worst time to skip to the end of the thread.

Anyone have a link to the page where it starts?

It will be one of Derek's posts. He called it.

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

TheAgent posted:

here's Erin's best and brightest game that I think even surface detail can appreciate

Sticky Balls

Don't forget Brute Force.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

gonna be hard to sit tight while all this excitement keeps a-brewin

Viscous Soda
Apr 24, 2004

Quick commando Faceware Technologies get a refund!

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

Solarin posted:

star citizen

more like moon citizen.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

It's amazing to see people from two entirely different viewpoints simultaneously be so terribly wrong.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Codezombie posted:

Reminds me of something.
When the press inevitably come around our offices, we always get an email reminder to not have any important assets, code, etc on screen during filming.
I always wondered how game devs get anything done when all their devkits are just blurry smears...

(Not that devkits ever look all that nice to begin with. Except maybe the SNES one...)

I never imagined that this would keep being relevant two years later... If I had only known, I'd have tried to fix the cubemaps on the visors before rendering... :(

alf_pogs posted:

a massive death-blow lawsuit has really been the shot in the arm that the thread needed
At the least, it should stop us from eating each other for a few more weeks.

happyhippy posted:

So who gets custody of Ben?
The front porch of the nearest church, provided it doesn't spontaneously combust on first contact.

EmesiS posted:

On this day Warrel Dane died to bring us the ELE.

Let the Sanctuary of dreams be Nevermore.
WHAT THE gently caress

How is it that I find out about poo poo like this in completely unrelated SA threads? Every single goddamn time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHKqbc_9Rc8

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Hmm....Croberts has a brainwave.

code:
cig$ cat boilerplate.c

/* Copyright CryTek 2000 */

#include <stdio.h>

int main(void) {
  print("Thankyou for your pledge!\n");
  return 0;
}

cig$ find . -name \*.[ch] -exec sed -i 's/CryTek/Amazon/gI' {} \;
cig$ cat boilerplate.c

/* Copyright Amazon 2000 */

#include <stdio.h>

int main(void) {
  print("Thankyou for your pledge!\n");
  return 0;
}
Job done :smug:

Uh Chris, we have to show them the full version control.

:confused:

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

The Kins posted:

At the least, it should stop us from eating each other for a few more hours

Ursine Catastrophe
Nov 9, 2009

It's a lovely morning in the void and you are a horrible lady-in-waiting.

don't ask how i know

Dinosaur Gum

ewe2 posted:

Uh Chris, we have to show them the full version control.

:confused:

yeah what the gently caress is version control, you mean the shared drive with the code on it?

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004
At least until Clemens stops scrounging around under the cushions for account-buying change.

EmesiS
Feb 5, 2016

The Kins posted:

WHAT THE gently caress

How is it that I find out about poo poo like this in completely unrelated SA threads? Every single goddamn time!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iHKqbc_9Rc8

Warrel was a friend and I will miss him. Death can't take what hes already given us, and he didn't hold much back.

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

EmesiS posted:

On a scale of Christmas to my June birthday, when will the RSI website go dark?

It will stay up forever, like Space Jam.

Abuminable
Mar 30, 2017

Kramjacks posted:

It will stay up forever, like Space Jam.

More importantly, how soon will CIG stop making their stupid shows? I look forward to all of them being discontinued. That will mark The EndTM.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

This is a boring way for the saga to end, it gives the cultists a way out and a proper villain to blame.

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

Codezombie posted:

Reminds me of something.
When the press inevitably come around our offices, we always get an email reminder to not have any important assets, code, etc on screen during filming.

That might have more to do with trade secrets than anything else. Not wanting competition to see what you are doing. But that could also fall under distribution of code and violation of other contractual obligations...

Kramjacks
Jul 5, 2007

Who is 4esop, an indie dev or something? How much business was he doing with Crytek in the first place? None?

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

You can literally see Goblin being crushed by reality in these posts...

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit

D_Smart posted:

I am semi-retired, remember? I just finished several online courses on day trading, so I'm going to be focusing on that after this poo poo-show. Plus I expect that I'm going to be busy with interviews, streams, my Star Citizen book (talking to Amazon Publishing and others atm) etc.

Can I get a footnote? Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VealCutlet
Dec 21, 2015

I am a marketing god, shave that shit
:discourse:

What a loving wonderful day