Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Teriyaki Hairpiece posted:

Has anyone else taken advantage of the MoviePass deal?

i see people buy those food/entertainment gift cards all the time

i guess if youre a family they really can be a good deal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
They're selling a year's subscription to MoviePass for $90. It's a service that lets you see a movie in theaters every day for a monthly fee. A year's worth of movies in the theater for $90 is a pretty goshdarn good deal.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
What? You can easily spend $25+ seeing a single movie if you get popcorn and a soda.

Truly this blessing can't be bestowed upon us.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
Can confirm that moviepass owns bones if you go to the movies at least once a month.

You do need separate accounts for a spouse though just a heads up.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.
Movie pass owns incredibly hard, PBUC!

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
If only they had babysitters who will work on Saturday night at Costco I would be all over this Moviepass deal.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

therobit posted:

If only they had babysitters who will work on Saturday night at Costco I would be all over this Moviepass deal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnCbrt10QEA

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.

Pennywise the Frown posted:

What? You can easily spend $25+ seeing a single movie if you get popcorn and a soda.

Truly this blessing can't be bestowed upon us.

I can act like a big man and buy huge quantities of popcorn and soda with a debonair profligacy now that I've already paid for my movie tickets for the entire year of 2018. And it only cost me 90 bucks. Praise Costco!

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel
Wow.

P... loving... BUC.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Did they change how they do things at all? Moviepass sounds great but I feel like it's thrown out instantly the moment you want to go to the movies with another person because you can only buy one ticket. I also go to a theater where it's reserved seating and everybody buys days/weeks in advance, meaning I'd have to drive outside the theater and check in or whatever like weeks out.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Tim Whatley posted:

Did they change how they do things at all? Moviepass sounds great but I feel like it's thrown out instantly the moment you want to go to the movies with another person because you can only buy one ticket. I also go to a theater where it's reserved seating and everybody buys days/weeks in advance, meaning I'd have to drive outside the theater and check in or whatever like weeks out.

It was some drawbacks, but if you can make it work, it’s insanely awesome. If you can fit one movie in a month or two with it you basically save money. More than that and you might as well be warren buffet with the stacks you save. PBUCCCCCC

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

Tim Whatley posted:

I have strange off days, so do my friends. We don't usually go to the movies on weekend nights. Also I don't mind going alone, it's a fine activity for a hungover afternoon. Even reserved seat theaters I'm not buying a ticket in advance. That's why it's fine for me, though I can understand it's not for everyone.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

If my closest theater didnt have 5.75 matinee tickets, then yeah this moviepass deal would be great. If you go to movies at normal times then get it. Also check the moviepass website to make sure that your local theater participates in it (it probably does).

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

MoviePass is amazing, my wife and I each got a card back when it was on sale for $7 a month. Not sure how they will make money but it works for us. We use the kiosks when we can, and you get Regal rewards points just like normal.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I have a sneaking suspicion they're trying to go the time-honored route of "get customers, become part of people's lives, then jack up the price" which is another reason I went for the deal.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

Yeah it sounds like if you can make it work for you it's definitely worth it. Right now I have a friend who legit drives to the theater two days in a row well in advance so he can get one for him and his girlfriend. I'll wait for the family plan which they've hinted at, but PBUC that's a hot drat deal.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Tim Whatley posted:

What's stopping your friends from buying regular tickets just like they always would have?

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Tim Whatley posted:

Yeah it sounds like if you can make it work for you it's definitely worth it. Right now I have a friend who legit drives to the theater two days in a row well in advance so he can get one for him and his girlfriend. I'll wait for the family plan which they've hinted at, but PBUC that's a hot drat deal.

He goes two days early to use his MoviePass? As far as I know you can only use it the day of the show. At least that’s how we’ve been using it.

Tim Whatley
Mar 28, 2010

I guess more specifically my girlfriend. My friends can do whatever they want, but also like I said in my area, you have to buy tickets well in advance. So for example Star Wars, I bought everybody's seats like in September and then was Venmo'd the cash.

Regarding going early, you can check in when they go on sale and buy a ticket online. It's just a debit card. He buys ticket one, checks in next day, and buys ticket two. Which is obviously absurd, but it's what he's doing. He said the only thing is now some theaters are putting in a little bit extra of fees to prevent this from occuring since it puts the exact amount on your MP card.

BaconCopter
Feb 13, 2008

:coolfish:

:coolfish:
Thought about the dog for too long. Communion is truly a blessed thing.

Argyle
Jun 7, 2001

Tim Whatley posted:

I also live in an area where there's a lot of presales/assigned seats, but all it takes is planning ahead a little bit. If I'm going with a friend, we just go to the ticket counter/guest services together and pay for the tickets separately. Or if it's a weekend, or a big new release, I'll swing by the theater earlier in the day and buy the tickets then.

Going with a group is an inconvenience, but I'm totally willing to do a little extra legwork to see unlimited movies for ~$7bux a month.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

You can def MoviePass for the future, just use the “movie not listed” check in, I just did it for a preticket to Star Wars.

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

thinkin bout thos dogs

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Is it morally good to buy bulk packaged dogs & buns at Costco and cook them yourself?

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
This is fine so long as you visit the 'tCo for other things but you'll be missing out on that drink (with free refill).

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I go to two or three movies a year, I don't think I would start going to one per month or more just because I have Movie Pass.

It's a good deal for those who use it, though.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

smoobles posted:

Is it morally good to buy bulk packaged dogs & buns at Costco and cook them yourself?

It's not the same obv but it's perfectly fine. Though the buns go bad quickly and eating that many dogs in a short time is bad for you so you'll want to freeze them tbh.

Also you'll have to provide your own onion grinder they won't let you bring in a dog you cooked and use their's don't ask me how i know

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

My local Costco got rid of the beef brisket and replaced it with chili.

My question is

could I make

a 1/4 pound PLUS

chili dog

w/ REFILL?!?!?!??!

FilthyImp
Sep 30, 2002

Anime Deviant
You know the answer in your heart my child. Just realize that the Bounty of the co extends far beyond what one man can consume or should consume.

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

The recommended daily caloric intake is 2000 calories.

Does your 'Co have a sign that says that? Mine does

Former DILF
Jul 13, 2017

gimme two slices of pepperoni and a chilidog piled high

naem
May 29, 2011

What if you filled up a 20 oz cup with chili..

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

naem posted:

holy poo poo.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

naem posted:

It's too much for the cup. The waxy interior will melt off, and then you end up with the liquid of the chili melting a hole in the side/bottom of the cup.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

I've seen the light and purchased the st louis spare ribs rather than the cheapbird. Holy moley. PBUC

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

smoobles posted:

I once saw some lady order like 50 hot dogs from the food court and they gave them to her in a giant cardboard box

OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

binge crotching posted:

It's too much for the cup. The waxy interior will melt off, and then you end up with the liquid of the chili melting a hole in the side/bottom of the cup.

And then suck that chili right out of that hole hole

Meydey
Dec 31, 2005

smoobles posted:

holy poo poo.

This is what you would get if you ate 20oz of Costco and a dog

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
hacking the food court menu is highly encouraged.

so are pics

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mnemosyne
Jun 11, 2002

There's no safe way to put a cat in a paper bag!!

naem posted:

My husband told me that when he was a broke, hungry, disgusting teenager, he went to 7-11, bought a Big Gulp and filled the cup with the chili meant for the hot dogs instead of soda.