Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I'm so glad USA Network viewers finally get to suffer Percy Watson like we do

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Benne posted:

I'm so glad USA Network viewers finally get to suffer Percy Watson like we do
OKAY!!!

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
God the crowd sweetening is so obvious, Full Sail hasn't been this loud in months

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

as someone for whom this special is her first NXT viewing experience, I'm just glad Mauro's back, ludicrous enthusiasm and all :woop:

although that invites the question of where the WWE has stowed JBL. Did they just lock him in a disused broom closet until the latest zeal for addressing incidents of major sexual misconduct dies down?

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

SatansOnion posted:

as someone for whom this special is her first NXT viewing experience, I'm just glad Mauro's back, ludicrous enthusiasm and all :woop:

although that invites the question of where the WWE has stowed JBL. Did they just lock him in a disused broom closet until the latest zeal for addressing incidents of major sexual misconduct dies down?

JBL left the company to do philanthropy work

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
*commercial break*
*long video package*
*commercial break*

I see your padding to stretch out the 1-hour TV time, guys

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Has Johnny Gargano shown up tonight? I want to fulfill the destiny of having watched him on Pro Wrestling Ohio and a WWE property.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

achillesforever6 posted:

Look when I followed him most of his 10,000 a day tweets were either that, calling Meltzer Herb, "loving BLOCKED", or ALL HAIL!

https://twitter.com/badboicasey/status/941061070944432133
Wonder who Casey can be talking about.

walter....

Benne posted:

*commercial break*
*long video package*
*commercial break*

I see your padding to stretch out the 1-hour TV time, guys

I mean the episodes are like 48-52 minutes on the Network with those 30/60 second ad breaks; I think they just need to stretch out the commercials to usual network TV length and that's a full hour but idk

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

abraham linksys posted:

I mean the episodes are like 48-52 minutes on the Network with those 30/60 second ad breaks; I think they just need to stretch out the commercials to usual network TV length and that's a full hour but idk

Well yeah, I know why they did it. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Wasn't Ember/Peyton supposed to be this week? Really not a good look that they have no women's matches on their big USA Network audition.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Benne posted:

JBL left the company to do philanthropy work

Him being off the show is truly a gift to us all.

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN

Benne posted:

Wasn't Ember/Peyton supposed to be this week? Really not a good look that they have no women's matches on their big USA Network audition.

Huh, so it's on the Network version but not the TV broadcast. Weird.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/WWENXT/status/941119501621272576

tweet my meat
Oct 2, 2013

yospos
I liked what I saw from Shayna in the MYC, looking forward to seeing her in action some more and I hope we get to see some more sweet reversals into her rear naked choke.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

she can do everything but needs to work on making it look like a match is not someone remembering a step by step instructional booklet with pauses in the middle. Let's be optimistic friends about the chances

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Aleister Black is the goddam raddest thing

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Lorcan and Burch momentarily having AoP on the back foot was magical :shobon:

Then they died :rip:

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Jerusalem posted:

Lorcan and Burch momentarily having AoP on the back foot was magical :shobon:

Then they died :rip:

Yeah, it was the shortest match that didn't feel like a squash somehow. It's like they somehow compressed a normal length match into a minute.

If they are doing the Dusty again this year, Lorcan/Burch wouldn't be a bad pick to win.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
NXT did very well:

https://twitter.com/WONF4W/status/941413976193331202

Excited for The NXT Zombie.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Charles Gnarwin posted:

If they are doing the Dusty again this year, Lorcan/Burch wouldn't be a bad pick to win.

The Black Dream (not Dusty) :colbert:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Jerusalem posted:

The Black Dream (not Dusty) :colbert:

Black Velvet :colbert::colbert:

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

Black Velvet :colbert::colbert:

I withdraw and acknowledge your superior title.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
The best part of the Rovert signs was that I suggested we make them for weeks and then finally the day of the show Dave finally relented that it was a good idea and we rushed to print them before we drove down for the show. Then my seat was just barely off the hard cam and my sign didn't get on. I don't even remember what it said.

E: iow, you're welcome Trev

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/MikaylaMortimer/status/941455592643858432

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
lmao

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

I'm glad the warning system works and everybody has plenty of notice to duck and cover until he wanders off again.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Rarity posted:

Aleister Black is the goddam raddest thing
I feel no shame in saying he is my favorite wwe guy and his theme is loving rad

Also that struck me as a really good match

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Im glad that Matt Morgan, world's most pointless big man, has possibly tricked triple H into booking him

HerraS
Apr 15, 2012

Looking professional when committing genocide is essential. This is mostly achieved by using a beret.

Olive drab colour ensures the genocider will remain hidden from his prey until it's too late for them to do anything.

is Matt Morgan still a cant miss prospect?

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
I don't think Matt Morgan was signed. He was recently elected to a councilman position in some town in Florida, which is probably why he appeared.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4vkzk7dG98

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Well that was mostly terrible

(ie. everything except Shayna Baslzer)

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

DarkstarIV posted:

I don't think Matt Morgan was signed. He was recently elected to a councilman position in some town in Florida, which is probably why he appeared.

The tweet doesn't even say he was in ring, just that he was there. He might have gotten comp tickets because he used to be one of the boys and is a local politician now.

Also, rovert, can you at least say whether or not the reason Dream is off the road is good or bad?

Gaz-L fucked around with this message at 04:12 on Dec 17, 2017

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
I'll just say Monday marks 30 days since Dream last wrestled.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/gravenbabies/status/942228330333589504

https://twitter.com/alexis_b82/status/942223737725825025

The NXT TV episode with the Itami mini documentary at the end of it: http://network.wwe.com/video/v64833683

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

rovert posted:

Huh, I thought they announced stuff like that on the corporate site.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Gaz-L posted:

Huh, I thought they announced stuff like that on the corporate site.

So can easily tell me the last time that happened with NXT then?

Anyway:
https://twitter.com/mikeVSphilly/status/942240789559762944

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
War Machine vs. Heavy Machinery, that's all I ask for in my brief fleeting time on God's green earth

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

rovert posted:

Just say if he failed a drugs test.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Just say if he failed a drugs test.

Ask a journalist to get an on the record reply from WWE. I've answered the questions asked here the best I can. He's not injured, off all live events and TV and has been verging on 30 days now. People in NXT believe he failed wellness.

He was written off with the lame excuse at a new popularity high. Can't believe people didn't smell BS. Then again Meltzer et al. thought Ember Moon's shoulder injury was real.

• Locked thread