Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Old Fashioned + Positive Outlook + Ophidian Aspect = Kill Clips for everyone!

It's seriously beautiful :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm
I finished the CoO story and got Aeon Soul gauntlets. Then I opened my powerful engram from the clan lady and got another pair. Then I turned in some tokens I had and got another pair.

:argh:

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

metasynthetic posted:

I finished the CoO story and got Aeon Soul gauntlets. Then I opened my powerful engram from the clan lady and got another pair. Then I turned in some tokens I had and got another pair.

Peak Destiny

Funkameleon
Jan 27, 2009
Did the 11th Lost Prophecy box yesterday. You do automatically get it after completing number 10, regardless of how many boxes you've done total (I think I had done 4?). It gives you a handful of quests in the forest about saint 14, then you get a new box to feed stuff into.

The shotgun is pretty bitching, full auto, fast reload and rampage.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what's this lost prophecy stuff chapters people have been talking about? is it related to the forge weapons thing in the expansion?

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

Funkameleon posted:

Did the 11th Lost Prophecy box yesterday. You do automatically get it after completing number 10, regardless of how many boxes you've done total (I think I had done 4?). It gives you a handful of quests in the forest about saint 14, then you get a new box to feed stuff into.

The shotgun is pretty bitching, full auto, fast reload and rampage.

I completed 3 last week, completed 10 when it gave me it and I never got any follow-up stuff

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Cowcaster posted:

what's this lost prophecy stuff chapters people have been talking about? is it related to the forge weapons thing in the expansion?

Yes

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Gerdalti posted:

Ophidians come from the heroic public on Mercury right? I'd like to get a pair.

Any exotic engram drop. If you are having bad luck, Xur might have it in stock tomorrow or through his new fated engram.

Wilekat posted:

I completed 3 last week, completed 10 when it gave me it and I never got any follow-up stuff

Allegedly you had to complete all four verses from last week.

Wilekat
Sep 24, 2007

treizebee posted:

Allegedly you had to complete all four verses from last week.

Fix your poo poo, Bungie! I demand a refund :argh:

khy
Aug 15, 2005

Xarbala posted:

I've done the patrol quest but I don't remember if I ever got cayde's three patrols milestone, which may be the point where things broke.

Quick show off your milestones in a screenshot

AAB
Nov 5, 2010

new this week at bungo is up, the last for the year
https://www.bungie.net/en/News/Article/46542

- bungo is adding more content, next update is slated for January
- there's gonna be a comic about Osiris similar to the Overwatch ones
- THE DAWNING! is gonna be next week, Tuesday the 19th thru Jan 9th
- no update on next Faction Rally

++

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

the big ones are:
mayhem pvp (abilities and likely heavy ammo recharge/respawn substantially quicker)
every milestone you do will get you a p2w dawning box
every dawning item will be up for sale in one week or the other
fake lost-prophecy craftables for the tower vendors that get you their gift when you trade it to them

also, snowball fights and hockey

AAB fucked around with this message at 18:43 on Dec 14, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

what's THE DAWNING

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Cowcaster posted:

what's THE DAWNING

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/46547

let buengie explain

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

ah ok, holiday event. looks like i'll be missing out on 2/3 of the weeks since i travel for the holidays

Back Hack
Jan 17, 2010

So they just straight up skipped faction rally, not just delayed it. gently caress you, Bungie! :argh:

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
the big ones are:
mayhem pvp (abilities and likely heavy ammo recharge/respawn substantially quicker)
fake lost-prophecy craftables for the tower vendors that get you their gift when you trade it to them

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Back Hack posted:

So they just straight up skipped faction rally, not just delayed it. gently caress you, Bungie! :argh:

damned if they do damned if they dont am i right folks

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

the big ones are:

Not just tower vendors -- you can gift to all vendors!

Perhaps Ship-chan will notice me now?

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

metasynthetic posted:

same

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

JerikTelorian posted:

Not just tower vendors -- you can gift to all vendors!

Perhaps Ship-chan will notice me now?

I am going to make sure Failsafe has the best Christmas Dawning. :3:

metasynthetic
Dec 2, 2005

in one moment, Earth

in the next, Heaven

Megamarm

Kyrosiris posted:

I am going to make sure Failsafe has the best Christmas Dawning. :3:

The Dawning armor looks sweet as gently caress

Here's hoping you can reasonably get it outside of Eververse

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

metasynthetic posted:

Recovery Recovery Mobility

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Everything except the legs looks horrific on Hunter so there's that. Titan helmet is sweet though. Too bad I don't play multiple characters I guess.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Jeza posted:

Everything except the legs looks horrific on Hunter so there's that.

Legs are easily the worst piece. Get something right for once. drat.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

part of the problem is they use that fuckin hefty boy hunter model instead of the vastly superior female character model

really stunningly ridiculous how bad the male character model is for hunters

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

cvnvcnv posted:

Legs are easily the worst piece. Get something right for once. drat.

Enjoy your Michelin man cosplay

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Legs Benedict posted:

part of the problem is they use that fuckin hefty boy hunter model instead of the vastly superior female character model

really stunningly ridiculous how bad the male character model is for hunters

My gripe with that is you can't pick character models, not even Large, Medium, Small, etc. The Titans look like proportional humans whereas the Warlocks and Hunters look like they're malnourished Slavs.

Orv
May 4, 2011

metasynthetic posted:

The seashell ruins the Warlock chest, the Titan shoulders are unimaginably retarded and the Hunter pants are yet another pair of thighless chaps weird bullshit, time for more mix and match.

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

Skoll posted:

My gripe with that is you can't pick character models, not even Large, Medium, Small, etc. The Titans look like proportional humans whereas the Warlocks and Hunters look like they're malnourished Slavs.

fun fact: every character model in this game is exactly the same height....

except for shaxx

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Would be really nice if they made a wardrobe/transmog system so it was a bit easier to manage gear-for-apperance. I wanna collect all this stuff for the sake of collecting it, but I don't really want to waste bank space on it.

Making the bank bigger would help, but it wouldn't really solve organization headaches.

poemdexter
Feb 18, 2005

Hooray Indie Games!

College Slice
My fulminator raid set with new monarchy shaders will never be replaced. It just looks too good.

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

Wait the base models for the races are different on each class? I made a different race for each class so I missed that.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Dietrich posted:

Wait the base models for the races are different on each class? I made a different race for each class so I missed that.

I don't think theyre different, I made the exact same person for each class.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Dietrich posted:

Wait the base models for the races are different on each class?

No they aren't.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Also I cannot WAIT for the gifts you get from Ikora and Zavala and planet vendors to be exotic engrams and poo poo like that, and when you give a gift to Banshee you get a blue mod.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Masterwork Rockets actually suck.

1 rocket = 1 orb no matter how many kills you get.

The best MW are definitely kinetic and energy Scouts and ARs. Basically all Heavy Weapons suck at orb generation except +Ammo On Kill swords.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Masterwork Rockets actually suck.

1 rocket = 1 orb no matter how many kills you get.

The best MW are definitely kinetic and energy Scouts and ARs. Basically all Heavy Weapons suck at orb generation except +Ammo On Kill swords.

Complex Solution dropped for me last night with +Impact :cool: The Ammo on kill is only for heavy swipes but poo poo, it's something

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

cvnvcnv posted:

Complex Solution dropped for me last night with +Impact :cool: The +Ammo on kill is only for heavy swipes but poo poo, it's something

Complex Solution was the first Masterwork I got, and I never ever use heavy swings. It definitely gives +Ammo on light strikes!

I got a +Ammo roll. Not sure if I like that or if I'd rather have Impact. I haven't found any enemies that alllllmost die to a light/heavy strike so it seems like the +Impact won't make anything die to fewer attacks, unless it's a bigger bump than I'm assuming.

Sword Bros :predatorhandshake:

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

Skoll posted:

My gripe with that is you can't pick character models, not even Large, Medium, Small, etc. The Titans look like proportional humans

The male Titans are the complete opposite of proportional humans

quote:

whereas the Warlocks and Hunters look like they're malnourished Slavs.

:thunk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer
I am sorry you were born a girly man, Eej.

• Locked thread