Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Oh wow, I finally got a masterwork weapon (the jack queen king 3 handcannon) and it's amazing. Orbs on multikills own, and I actually feel powerful again. It's one of the best additions to the series. Now I just need to upgrade my auto rifles up. At last, something to work towards for in this game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

It's one of the best additions to the series. Now I just need to upgrade my auto rifles up. At last, something to work towards for in this game.

What blows me away is that they conceived and added this feature in a... 4 week span? I don't know if that makes me more optimistic or pessimistic, but it's very On Brand for them to accidentally crap out an amazing addition to the game.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Can I get Radiolarians (or whatever) from any public event or just the one on Mercury?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Snuffman posted:

Can I get Radiolarians (or whatever) from any public event or just the one on Mercury?

Any chest on any planet! That includes Public Event chests, High Value Target Chests, Lost Sector Chests, and Planet Token Chests.

I doubt they come from Gold Regional Chests though

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.

Snuffman posted:

I got them from chests and public events on the other planets too. Titan has quite a few chests and public events closely bunched up together, so try that area in a pinch.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Complex Solution was the first Masterwork I got, and I never ever use heavy swings. It definitely gives +Ammo on light strikes!

I got a +Ammo roll. Not sure if I like that or if I'd rather have Impact. I haven't found any enemies that alllllmost die to a light/heavy strike so it seems like the +Impact won't make anything die to fewer attacks, unless it's a bigger bump than I'm assuming.

Sword Bros :predatorhandshake:

Hype! :respek:

The +Impact is 5. All this according to my looking at Ishtar Commander, a Complex Solution standard has an impact of 64 with an ammo capacity of 28 with Tempered Edge selected. +5 Impact Complex Solution with Hungry Edge has an impact of 65 with an ammo capacity of 30. So, ostensibly that's the extent of what it will permit. The difference of 1 to impact isn't going to do a drat thing ever in any scenario, and if it did it certainly wouldn't be some hero moment. But I like two more light strikes!

It is worth noting that mine set to Tempered Edge displays only an impact of 67, which is but +3 to the actual stat value, so these Masterwork values would seem to be different with every weapon, or at least archetype, ie Metronome-52 scout rolled +Ammo 10, which raised the mag from 16 to 17 lmfao (rerolled to +Range)

All that said, a 335 Quickfang I would often have to second swipe for a tiny bit of remaining health to an enemy, and that has an impact of 46. So pretty much no matter what, Complex Solution is going to be killing poo poo proper first try.

But yeah, I remember you posting about your sword which is why I got excited on this drop right away :)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

I used my Sword for the entire strike until I ran out of ammo in the Savathun fight. Dancing around from Acolyte to Thrall to Acolyte was amazing.

no

GLORIOUS

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

:classiclol:

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

Zedsdeadbaby posted:

Oh wow, I finally got a masterwork weapon (the jack queen king 3 handcannon) and it's amazing. Orbs on multikills own, and I actually feel powerful again. It's one of the best additions to the series. Now I just need to upgrade my auto rifles up. At last, something to work towards for in this game.

My JQK was also masterwork! I remember people being underwhelmed with it but I've been having fun messing with it (and the buffed Lucky Pants) in open-world stuff and heroic strikes. Plus, I love that my hunter is somehow even more of an orb factory now.

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008
So is anyone else using Celestial Nighthawk in their main PvE hunter loadout? While I hate using a subclass with no defensive options, taking out over a third of a boss health bar in one shot is hard to pass up.

Argas
Jan 13, 2008
SRW Fanatic

Now if only they did something about those pesky ability cooldowns.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

cvnvcnv posted:

Complex Solution dropped for me last night with +Impact :cool: The Ammo on kill is only for heavy swipes but poo poo, it's something

"Powered" means you have ammo; it does not refer to the heavy strikes.

Orv
May 4, 2011
STOP GIVING ME SAVATHUN'S SONG.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.

ponzicar posted:

So is anyone else using Celestial Nighthawk in their main PvE hunter loadout? While I hate using a subclass with no defensive options, taking out over a third of a boss health bar in one shot is hard to pass up.

In Raids, sure. Bounce between Orpheus and Bird Hat if you know the sort of stuff that's ahead.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Magus42 posted:

"Powered" means you have ammo; it does not refer to the heavy strikes.

I picked up on this :staredog:

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What blows me away is that they conceived and added this feature in a... 4 week span? I don't know if that makes me more optimistic or pessimistic, but it's very On Brand for them to accidentally crap out an amazing addition to the game.
I'm fairly certain they had this planned out further back than 4 weeks.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Does Complex Solutions get more ammo back than It Stared Back now, or is ISB still the primo beatin' stick?

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Orv posted:

Does Complex Solutions get more ammo back than It Stared Back now, or is ISB still the primo beatin' stick?

Complex gives +1 ammo per kill, so you can chop down Thrall infinitely. ISB is better for anything that takes 3+ hits to kill.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

I feel like the higher my light level gets the more often I die in strikes and nightfalls.

Professor Cthulhu
Jul 14, 2007

I got my Associate degree at Miskatonic Community College.

DaveKap posted:

I'm fairly certain they had this planned out further back than 4 weeks.

They probably had the whole first year of Destiny 2 content development planned out a month before the release date and now some project manager is gonna have to miss Christmas with their families because of angry reddit nerds.

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

hey ya im just going to die 70 or 80 times here in up and up because gently caress artificial difficulty mode

Professor Beetus
Apr 12, 2007

They can fight us
But they'll never Beetus

HATECUBE posted:

hey ya im just going to die 70 or 80 times here in up and up because gently caress artificial difficulty mode

I was talking about this in one of the discords last night but I feel like it's almost balanced to be fun except that enemies have way too much health. If I am going to die to like .3 seconds of sustained enemy fire, then most of the enemies should die much faster as well. I think heroic adventures needs some more balancing passes.

Some people think we need even harder solo content though so :shrug:

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

make that 250-300 i can get about a 10th of this damons health per life. im 3 zones into the forest

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Professor Cthulhu posted:

They probably had the whole first year of Destiny 2 content development planned out a month before the release date and now some project manager is gonna have to miss Christmas with their families because of angry reddit nerds.
The reason Prometheus Lens won't be fixed until January is because everyone is going on vacation. Don't worry, Bungie isn't CD Projekt RED.

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

HATECUBE posted:

I feel better knowing I'm not the only one. But I guess that's all part of the lore isn't it? Guardians just keep coming back and grinding everyone down.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Don't do Heroic Adventures solo

They are hard

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

that took like a half hour and i spent most of the time dead, thanks for reminding me why i dont play nightfall at all

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

They are hard
They're easy when their modifiers aren't bad.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

They are hard

I really like doing prism solo actually

Orv
May 4, 2011
Of course one of the prophecy weapons drops masterwork, of course it does.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS

HATECUBE posted:

make that 250-300 i can get about a 10th of this damons health per life. im 3 zones into the forest

Almost every normal enemy in a Heroic adventure dies in like 3-4 Handcannon crits. If you start dying a lot just get methodical, use cover and take out one enemy at a time and burn super when there's a bunch of daemons in a big open area. If you try to rush in and just punch everything to death or whatever you'll just extend your stay there because of the constant dying.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
I'm enjoying CoO a lot but Bungie's really gotta fix the loading screen of death into the Tower. A gamestopper persisting for 3 months after launch is pretty bad.

* edit - glad that there's more incentive to go to the Tower now, what with Masterworks in general and getting more Vanguard tokens.

isk fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Dec 15, 2017

HATECUBE
Mar 2, 2007

the loading screen blasting poo poo loud enough to knock pictures off the wall is another pointless issue to have

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

Orv posted:

Of course one of the prophecy weapons drops masterwork, of course it does.

My Saint-14 shotty came out Masterwork :discourse:

But it's stability :negative:

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

isk posted:

I'm enjoying CoO a lot but Bungie's really gotta fix the loading screen of death into the Tower. A gamestopper persisting for 3 months after launch is pretty bad.

If you mean the black screen, just fast travel to get out of that.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Magus42 posted:

Holy poo poo, thank you. I've always just restarted the game when that happened.

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Magus42 posted:

PRO TIP thank you

Orv
May 4, 2011

cvnvcnv posted:

My Saint-14 shotty came out Masterwork :discourse:

But it's stability :negative:

I feel like the stats on Masterwork are almost entirely incidental, they're there to spit out orbs in the right situations. Unfortunately the sword that I'll never really use rolled Masterwork, but since it's a Prophecy weapon I'm reluctant to melt it for orbs and I'm not big on redoing that kind of stuff on other characters because DIM.

Samu
Jan 11, 2010

The only thing I hate more than hippie neo-liberal fascists and anarchists are the hypocrite fat cat suits they grow up to become.
I melted the prophecy scout rifle because I play a Titan so I can bash nerds not hide away and plink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Orv posted:

I feel like the stats on Masterwork are almost entirely incidental, they're there to spit out orbs in the right situations. Unfortunately the sword that I'll never really use rolled Masterwork, but since it's a Prophecy weapon I'm reluctant to melt it for orbs and I'm not big on redoing that kind of stuff on other characters because DIM.

You can safely melt the Prophecy weapons. I've probably had like four of the scout rifle drop since crafting it initially.

• Locked thread