Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SkySteak
Sep 9, 2010

oddium posted:

1570 is barely a third into game, there's time to do anything. also outside of getting plutocracy republics suck, especially merchant republics, what with -50 max absolutism and no estates

I can understand that though to be honest, that is partially a none issue by virtue of not actually having access to estates to begin with!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?
If you conquer all of Japan as a daimyo, is there any point at all in keeping the shogunate government or should you just form Japan?

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

skasion posted:

If you conquer all of Japan as a daimyo, is there any point at all in keeping the shogunate government or should you just form Japan?

The opposite is true; never actually form Japan. You don't get to keep all your cool Shogunate bonuses like infinite vassals and free generals if you form Japan.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i want to do an oda world conquest with as many opm daimyo as possible

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

AnoHito posted:

The opposite is true; never actually form Japan. You don't get to keep all your cool Shogunate bonuses like infinite vassals and free generals if you form Japan.

At the moment I have no vassals at all so I don’t know if the bonuses from it are bad or good. Can I make new daimyos or did I gently caress up?

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

anyone you vassalize is treated as a daimyo unless they changed it

AnoHito
May 8, 2014

skasion posted:

At the moment I have no vassals at all so I don’t know if the bonuses from it are bad or good. Can I make new daimyos or did I gently caress up?

Any vassals you make should automatically become Daimyo. You really kind of want as many as possible, since the more you get the more force seppuku/general stealing you can do.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Awesome, time to go apeshit on the Mexicans and teach them the meaning of bushido

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

you can no cb the shogun as ryukyu, offer to become a vassal, and then fight the daimyos like normal. i don't think you get the daimyo cb though because you're not officially a daimyo government

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The colors of Dithmarschen and Transoxiana are way too similar so it's hard to tell where the border goes. Paradoooooox! :argh:

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

So in my imported CK game, the Renaissance spawned in India. Is that a glitch or intended behavior?

TorakFade
Oct 3, 2006

I strongly disapprove

TaurusTorus posted:

So in my imported CK game, the Renaissance spawned in India. Is that a glitch or intended behavior?

I think definitely a glitch, iirc the Renaissance is guaranteed to spawn in either Italy or Flanders. Please somebody more knowledgeable correct me if this is wrong :v:

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Unless India is somehow located in Italy, definitely a glitch.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

TorakFade posted:

I think definitely a glitch, iirc the Renaissance is guaranteed to spawn in either Italy or Flanders. Please somebody more knowledgeable correct me if this is wrong :v:

Only in Italy

Renaissance spawns in Italy
Colonialism spawns in a coastal 12+dev province of a nation that has discovered the New World and taken Exploration ideas
Printing Press spawns in the capital of a nation that's Protestant, Reformed, or German (so usually central/northern Europe)
Global Trade spawns in the most valuable trade node
Manufactories spawns in a 20+ dev province with a manufactory building
Enlightenment spawns in Europe where the ruler is 5+ in all stats and the province has a seat in Parliament, University, or 20+ dev

So basically Renaissance, Printing Press, and Enlightenment spawn in Europe, Colonialism too unless the player nation is a non-Euro colonizer.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!
Don't imported games count as mods? I'm not entirely sure but there's no reason why the importer couldn't have different rules based on the CK2 end state.

Xinder
Apr 27, 2013

i want to be a prince
I've been told it's intentionally flexible in case Italy is an underdeveloped wasteland. Which makes sense to me.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

oddium posted:

you can no cb the shogun as ryukyu, offer to become a vassal, and then fight the daimyos like normal. i don't think you get the daimyo cb though because you're not officially a daimyo government

I wonder if I can do this as Ainu. I saw that they now have their own idea group and I want to have my next game be the Glorious Ainu Reconquest of Japan--and Daimyo govt would help a lot.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

The Mamluks sure love picking up exploration as a fourthish idea group if they survive that long.

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

TaurusTorus posted:

Intended behavior. You can mod the converter, but by default it will create a modded set for institution spawns that removes the Italy limitation on Renaissance

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005

Poil posted:

The Mamluks sure love picking up exploration as a fourthish idea group if they survive that long.

Ottomans too if they get Red Sea access earlyish

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

Pellisworth posted:

Ottomans too if they get Red Sea access earlyish
I wonder if there's a sneaky modifier for the nation that controls that area.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

Kaza42 posted:

Intended behavior. You can mod the converter, but by default it will create a modded set for institution spawns that removes the Italy limitation on Renaissance

Neat, really helped me gently caress Europe proper, as is only right.

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Pellisworth posted:

Only in Italy

Renaissance spawns in Italy
Colonialism spawns in a coastal 12+dev province of a nation that has discovered the New World and taken Exploration ideas
Printing Press spawns in the capital of a nation that's Protestant, Reformed, or German (so usually central/northern Europe)
Global Trade spawns in the most valuable trade node
Manufactories spawns in a 20+ dev province with a manufactory building
Enlightenment spawns in Europe where the ruler is 5+ in all stats and the province has a seat in Parliament, University, or 20+ dev

So basically Renaissance, Printing Press, and Enlightenment spawn in Europe, Colonialism too unless the player nation is a non-Euro colonizer.

Enlightenment can definitely spawn outside Europe. I've had it spawn in Persia recently.

edit: In an unmodded, non-transferred game

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Dec 14, 2017

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Imported games base institutions entirely on development and not on geographical region to reflect the potential changes. It’s a good change and you can mod it more by comparing your modded institutions file to the base game if you want.

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

Enlightenment can definitely spawn outside Europe. I've had it spawn in Persia recently.

As Bharat it spawned for me in my Nicaragua CN, maybe because I had built universities in every one of its 3 dev provinces.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

Poil posted:

I wonder if there's a sneaky modifier for the nation that controls that area.

no, but there is a weight for nations with coastal provinces. and also 2x for kurland ??

Dr. Video Games 0031
Jul 17, 2004

Yeah, double-checking again, being in Europe is only necessary for only one of the three different ways to spawn the Enlightenment (20 dev provinces and a ruler with at least one stat being 5 or higher). The other two ways, having a parliament and having universities, do not require having any European provinces.

Dr. Video Games 0031 fucked around with this message at 23:53 on Dec 14, 2017

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

oddium posted:

no, but there is a weight for nations with coastal provinces. and also 2x for kurland ??

It’s historical! The Duchy of Courland repeatedly attempted to colonize Trinidad & Tobago and also once colonized the Gambia River in the second half of the 17th century. I guess the weight is just because Courland hardly ever shows up in game anyway, might as well give it a decent shot at doing something interesting before it gets devoured.

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

oddium posted:

I guess all that Mediterranean and Red Sea cost is behind it. Hmmm, Ming and Japan has a lot of coast as well.

Pellisworth
Jun 20, 2005
Ming sometimes takes Exploration, then you end up with truly absurd tributary spread.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I've seen a Japanese Baja California quite a few times.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

what you were seeing was me establish Neo Tokyo in every single japan game i've done

Poil
Mar 17, 2007

It should keep the Central Americans safe if it happens early enough. :v:

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Killian takes us through the greatest challenge:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpV3YtmyzfI

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

oddium posted:

i want to do an oda world conquest with as many opm daimyo as possible

oda does it again......

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
I really wanted to do a Christian Ottomans run just to see what happens. What is the easiest way to pull off a conversion and join the happy party of European Personal unions and Royal mrriages?

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Check which of your christian provinces will produce Christian and not Separatist rebels, drop a missionary on one that either won't ever convert or will convert very slowly. Then piss them off even more by decreasing the province's autonomy. Maybe do something to tank your stability if the opportunity comes up and it won't cause too many undesired rebels. Then just let the religious rebels take whatever they need to convert you.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Mr. Fowl posted:

Check which of your christian provinces will produce Christian and not Separatist rebels, drop a missionary on one that either won't ever convert or will convert very slowly. Then piss them off even more by decreasing the province's autonomy. Maybe do something to tank your stability if the opportunity comes up and it won't cause too many undesired rebels. Then just let the religious rebels take whatever they need to convert you.

You don’t need to have a province that will never convert on its own, as long as it will spawn religious zealots you can plunk the missionary down and then set missionary maintenance to 0. He will never accomplish anything but the locals will still get pissed off. This also saves you the 12 bucks a year or whatever it is.

reignonyourparade
Nov 15, 2012
If you have the estate DID, give every possible [preferred form of Christianity] province to the dhimmi, wait a year, then piss them off and revoke them all (revoking a province from a disloyal estate instantly provokes a revolt.) This is why it's gotten WAY more annoying to do coptomans, because you used to be able to threaten war for Coptic cores day 1.

If you're so inclined, do it while at war with an OPM so they don't force religion until literally the entire country has been converted instead of needing to convert a bunch of poo poo yourself after they finally force it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fintilgin
Sep 29, 2004

Fintilgin sweeps!

skasion posted:

You should form Japan, because not doing it is goofy gamey poo poo, and all good people will judge you. Same applies to the HRE vassal swarm.