Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

poe meater posted:

It sounds like hes older than he looks. He talks about drinking with the other salvagers in the beginning. Or maybe its just weird anime land.

Nah, he mentions he's not old enough to drink yet at several points. Given typical anime tropes, he's probably sixteen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Tae posted:

Did 4kids write half this dialogue.

I'm looking at what is clearly rice balls. Those are not dumplings.

They even reference salt, what the gently caress.

In the Japanese her name is Musubi. Which is another name for onigiri.

They should have made her English name "Dumpling" or "Potsticker" or something.

edit: Is her English voice acting as obnoxious as her Japanese, because her Japanese voice acting sounds like some hyper-exaggerated representation of a "wifely" character or something, it's hard to describe.

By the way, I get the impression her side quest is going to be a pain in the rear end, because through playing normally and reaching level 50 I haven't acquired enough materials to make even a single dumpling, and the first tier alone requires making 10.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Dec 15, 2017

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Ytlaya posted:

By the way, I get the impression her side quest is going to be a pain in the rear end, because through playing normally and reaching level 50 I haven't acquired enough materials to make even a single dumpling, and the first tier alone requires making 10.

A good chunk of this game requires trawling websites for ingredient locations and poo poo, it's kinda lame. It was nothing like this in 1 and X.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Ytlaya posted:

In the Japanese her name is Musubi. Which is another name for onigiri.

They should have made her English name "Dumpling" or "Potsticker" or something.

edit: Is her English voice acting as obnoxious as her Japanese, because her Japanese voice acting sounds like some hyper-exaggerated representation of a "wifely" character or something, it's hard to describe.

Her english voice is leagues better than her japanese one. She sound human at least

SloppyDoughnuts
Apr 9, 2010

I set fire to the rain watched it pour as I touched your face

Pollyanna posted:

A good chunk of this game requires trawling websites for ingredient locations and poo poo, it's kinda lame. It was nothing like this in 1 and X.

Maybe they'll add an ingame bestiary and/or item index. They had one in X and they DID say they're going to keep updating.

8-bit Miniboss
May 24, 2005

CORPO COPS CAME FOR MY :filez:
This is what 7 Botany gets you in Azami's sidequest:

https://twitter.com/digitaldiatribe/status/941477277077929984

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008
Niranira is the best character in the whole game. He's like nopon 007.

Gibbering
May 24, 2014

:catdrugs:

Devoyniche posted:

Niranira is the best character in the whole game. He's like nopon 007.

I get startled every time he speaks.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Seriously you get this guy with that deep, nasal voice doing nopon mannerisms and it's just so silly

Arturia
Jan 24, 2017

Can't stop clicking circles
Meh... Do you expect me to talk meh meh?

Legin Noslen
Sep 9, 2004
Fortified with Rhiboflavin

Does she have jawbreakers for wrists????

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Legin Noslen posted:

Does she have jawbreakers for wrists????

She's a marionette puppet thing. Her intro is being on strings.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

U-DO Burger posted:

goddamn, I can't get Four to hold aggro for poo poo. I even removed damage buffs on Rex and Nia to reduce aggro and it's still not enough. Uh, welcome back to the party Tora

e: I'm 50 hours in and only on chapter 5. Holy poo poo this game is massive

lmao I have 55 hours and I'm smack in the middle of chapter 4, you ain't seen nothing

Turns out, spending a whole bunch of time farming money and development levels takes a whole bunch of time. Who knew

Invenerable
Aug 7, 2005

YOU CAN BE A BIG PIG, TOO!

DACK FAYDEN posted:

I have a quest marker on the right side of Gormott Upper, in the Cooley Lake area, that's clearly far above the ground (it's on a spike out from the top-right wall?) - how do I get there? I can't figure out how to get up there at all.

If it's where I'm thinking, go to Nocclia Timber Site and follow the tree root up along the north wall. Fall into the hollowed trunk at the very end and ride the rapids down to the lake, launching yourself into the hollowed tree in the middle of it. There's a dive spot that'll get you up there.

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best

Azami is the best.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

chapter 9: Do I have to kill this big named robot guarding the elevator after the focus/elec mastery field check? He's like 4 levels higher than me so I'd rather not grind if I don't have to.

edit: Nevermind through a bunch of running I was able to deaggro him and get in.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Pollyanna posted:

1 had a fair bit of it but you could also trade so it wasn't nearly as bad

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Ibram Gaunt posted:

chapter 9: Do I have to kill this big named robot guarding the elevator after the focus/elec mastery field check? He's like 4 levels higher than me so I'd rather not grind if I don't have to.

edit: Nevermind through a bunch of running I was able to deaggro him and get in.

You're really going to want to be 70 soon so uh, maybe go spend some Inn exp.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I am only 5 hours in, but I ended up getting into an ambush with some human enemies and oh my loving god this game has the worst audio mixing in battles that I have heard in years.

Just two minutes of nothing but "YOU THINK YOU CAN TAKE MEH??!?!" screamed by five goddamn dudes

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Pollyanna posted:

Um, 1 was pretty fuckin awful in terms of collecting poo poo. At least this game has reliable locations, instead of being complete chance.

Though to be fair, 1's sidequests were also largely pointless, while the sidequests in this are often interesting enough that I feel compelled to actually do them.

edit: I bet Jin listens to Linkin Park.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

MechaX posted:

I am only 5 hours in, but I ended up getting into an ambush with some human enemies and oh my loving god this game has the worst audio mixing in battles that I have heard in years.

Just two minutes of nothing but "YOU THINK YOU CAN TAKE MEH??!?!" screamed by five goddamn dudes
man I really missed those dudes and then I fought more of them like 30 hours later and was unreasonably happy

(but you're not wrong)

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

MechaX posted:

DON'T forget me

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Boreas is a freak

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

brand engager posted:

Boreas is a freak

Huh, pretty sure I had a different conversation for that Heart-to-Heart because he was bound to Rex.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Huh, pretty sure I had a different conversation for that Heart-to-Heart because he was bound to Rex.

Did he talk about licking Nia's feet?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

In Training posted:

Did he talk about licking Nia's feet?

It was just about breakfast at the cafe.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bummer.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Two more and I'll have all the non-gacha rares. Then the RNG hell begins
https://twitter.com/NSwonch/status/941533671135133696

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

voltcatfish posted:

DON'T forget me

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
How the gently caress do I find the Dragon's Stomach in Uraya

I feel like there's some upper area I don't know about

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So what's the best way to get cores post game? The port doesn't work anymore and grinding uniques feels way slower and there's not even a garuntee and it's kinda laaame.

Also can anyone in this game use great axes worth a drat? I unlocked Zenobia and have been goin through her tree just for fun and god that first swing is so slow it makes me want to cry

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

8-Bit Scholar posted:

There's a cave at the north end of the stomach area in Uraya. It's on the lower level.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

So what's the best way to get cores post game? The port doesn't work anymore and grinding uniques feels way slower and there's not even a garuntee and it's kinda laaame.

Also can anyone in this game use great axes worth a drat? I unlocked Zenobia and have been goin through her tree just for fun and god that first swing is so slow it makes me want to cry

The Mor Ardain port works fine for me, just use Normal Cylinders. That way the :rolldice: on the loot table is far more favourable about something "unfortunate" getting in the mix like Core-dropping Krabbles.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

What are the post-game money grinding methods? I need 500,000g to buy that core in torigoth.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

Salvage a whole bunch. You can do this efficiently with gold cylinders as early as chapter 4.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Neddy Seagoon posted:

The Mor Ardain port works fine for me, just use Normal Cylinders. That way the :rolldice: on the loot table is far more favourable about something "unfortunate" getting in the mix like Core-dropping Krabbles.

I am using normals. I keep pulling level 52 murder squids and level 42 stingray looking things. The pool has entirely changed.

Like this is all I get now.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Dec 15, 2017

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Invenerable posted:

If it's where I'm thinking, go to Nocclia Timber Site and follow the tree root up along the north wall. Fall into the hollowed trunk at the very end and ride the rapids down to the lake, launching yourself into the hollowed tree in the middle of it. There's a dive spot that'll get you up there.
Nailed it, thank you so much.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I am using normals. I keep pulling level 52 murder squids and level 42 stingray looking things. The pool has entirely changed.

Like this is all I get now.

I'm in postgame and I still get level 25 stuff from there. Do you have that weird purple fog weather going on?

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best

brand engager posted:

What are the post-game money grinding methods? I need 500,000g to buy that core in torigoth.

Pretty much salvaging. Buy the highest priced salvage poo poo you can, grind salvage points for half an hour, then dump everything at a trade shop. I turned 250K into 1M that way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Neddy Seagoon posted:

I'm in postgame and I still get level 25 stuff from there. Do you have that weird purple fog weather going on?

Nah, it looks like it does in my image. Everything is perfectly clear. I just figured it was because Mor Ardain is technically near the World Tree at this point.