Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheRagamuffin
Aug 31, 2008

In Paradox Space, when you cross the line, your nuts are mine.
Doesn't finishing prophecies just add those weapons to your engram pool? Some friends and I have all got the scout rifle from various sources since finishing the first one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orv
May 4, 2011
Ahhh, okay cool, thanks.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

TheRagamuffin posted:

Doesn't finishing prophecies just add those weapons to your engram pool? Some friends and I have all got the scout rifle from various sources since finishing the first one.

Thats cool.

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

TheRagamuffin posted:

Yep it does. Don’t worry about permanently deleting them, they will show up again eventually.

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

There should be an emblem that tracks how many supers you've just completely whiffed as a voidwalker.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I used my Sword for the entire strike until I ran out of ammo in the Savathun fight. Dancing around from Acolyte to Thrall to Acolyte was amazing.

no

GLORIOUS

That fuckin tag tho :allears:

ponzicar
Mar 17, 2008

Shifty Pony posted:

There should be an emblem that tracks how many supers you've just completely whiffed as a voidwalker.

I know I said I love the Celestial Nighthawk exotic, but the number of times the boss I'm shooting at enters an invulnerability phase or teleports away right as I click the button is higher than I'd like to admit to. So gunslinger needs a miss banner as well.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

ponzicar posted:

I know I said I love the Celestial Nighthawk exotic, but the number of times the boss I'm shooting at enters an invulnerability phase or teleports away right as I click the button is higher than I'd like to admit to. So gunslinger needs a miss banner as well.

I'd take one for Nightstalker for every time the drift during the windup causes you to clip your arrow on some level geometry right in front of you instead of going to the intended spot.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

ponzicar posted:

I'm pretty sure that the fallen ether servitor teleport is triggered by my F key.

As is savathun's little clam-up trick. I know I should hold it until the final damage phase but gently caress I just want to get there as fast as possible because the actual end fight is the least enjoyable part of that strike and why does it keep selecting that one dammit?

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I'd take one for Nightstalker for every time the drift during the windup causes you to clip your arrow on some level geometry right in front of you instead of going to the intended spot.
Or drift into a bottomless pit between platforms.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Shifty Pony posted:

I'm pretty sure that the fallen ether servitor teleport is triggered by my F key.

As is savathun's little clam-up trick. I know I should hold it until the final damage phase but gently caress I just want to get there as fast as possible because the actual end fight is the least enjoyable part of that strike and why does it keep selecting that one dammit?

I think something is hosed up with the strike randomization because in grinding Paradox Amplifiers through Heroic Strikes while watching TV (and still usually carrying it despite that) I've gotten something like a 6:1 ratio of Savathuns:Anything else.

funktopus
Jan 11, 2009
Might be confirmation bias, but I feel like it favors whatever the current Nightfall is.

Skoll
Jul 26, 2013

Oh You'll Love My Toxic Love
Grimey Drawer

Orv posted:

I think something is hosed up with the strike randomization because in grinding Paradox Amplifiers through Heroic Strikes while watching TV (and still usually carrying it despite that) I've gotten something like a 6:1 ratio of Savathuns:Anything else.

Nope. Did the milestone on two toons today and didn't get Savathun's Song a single time. Thankfully.

Orv
May 4, 2011
:argh:

At least it's easy. Not Tree of Probabilities easy, but not bad to just mindlessly do.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
So, the momentum modifier means you won't heal while standing still while healing very quickly if you sprint. But is there any middle ground? I can never seem to just heal a little while hip-firing. Is it just Inertia from not sprinting vs Momentum for sprinting?

More to the point, I play the strike by shooting/fighting until I'm hurt, then when I'm near death I hold down sprint and run around like a Zoidberg stooge. What "should" I be doing? What do you do?

Orv
May 4, 2011
Nah that's pretty much it. It's a poo poo modifier.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
The solution is to be a devour warlock and even then its still a poo poo modifier.

Kessel
Mar 6, 2007

You have to sprint to heal. It’s dumb because instead of encouraging you to go fast it just means you have to interrupt the gunplay often to meaninglessly sprint around in a tight circle to not die

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Blink is so poo poo I’m starting to think strafe jump is better, they really need to add a better visual indicator of the cooldown on blink and shorten it. It’s conceptually great but mechanically terrible, and is easily tracked in pvp.

Tho now that I’ve been playing Hunter the other two classes both feel like turds, triple jump and a class skill that doesn’t have a cast time or tie you to a spot make Hunter actually feel like a mobile future shooter man. Actually having three specs is cool too.

Why did I ever hate on hunters

Angry Walrus
Aug 31, 2013

Quinn it
to
Win it.

Wheeee posted:

Blink is so poo poo

This, except, the opposite.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

khy posted:

Quick show off your milestones in a screenshot

Too late my HD died and now I'm posting from my phone

Frankly a milestone bug is the least of my problems right now lol

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Xarbala posted:

Too late my HD died and now I'm posting from my phone

Frankly a milestone bug is the least of my problems right now lol

Definitely keeps the quests away. :rip:

e: Loving the Osiris shaders, the metallics are cool:

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 07:23 on Dec 15, 2017

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

Blink use to be very good, very powerful in Destiny 1. So it was usual to see things like blinking wizards with shotguns dropping nova bombs on groups of 6 guardians taking a flag in control.

Then the usual suspect whined about it, and it got sent to the veterinarian to get fixed, increasing the cooldown, making it easier to track.

Warlocks could use a jump that it faster than the default. The default jumps are way too slow for pvp.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Blink is still very good, especially because it lets you just straight up cross dangerous angles/doorways without even showing your hitbox.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

:eyepop: well hello there

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
Happy birthday!

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

It isn't flashy and exciting but with the +magazine it turns out to be an orb production line in PvE

Shoot shoot shoot, shoot some more, punch someone, continue shooting...

Also soloed a taken blight heroic. Not sure I want to do so again but it was nice to know I can.

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Is there any way to see boss statistics on a successful kill? Like is it viewable through the api or something?
I need to know whether my raid group's worst member is actually pulling through or if we're succeeding in spite of him. :sigh:

Dietrich
Sep 11, 2001

QuasiQuack posted:

Is there any way to see boss statistics on a successful kill? Like is it viewable through the api or something?
I need to know whether my raid group's worst member is actually pulling through or if we're succeeding in spite of him. :sigh:

I think the best you can do is something like this -> https://destinytracker.com/d2/pgcr/1125333426

QuasiQuack
Jun 13, 2010

Ducks hockey baybee
Thanks, that helps a little. A kda of 5 is not good in Leviathan, and we've cleared that poo poo multiple times a week since launch...

navier-stoked
Aug 30, 2004
rad, graviton forfeit is keeping the "guardians are mindless killing machines" dream alive

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

so i knocked out the end of the osiris campaign/adventures last night, what's the deal with the heroic adventure repeats you can do once per day? i thought they might be the source for component's for the prophecy crate i got but it looks like those just come from public events. do they just have better loot drops?

Peewi
Nov 8, 2012

Cowcaster posted:

so i knocked out the end of the osiris campaign/adventures last night, what's the deal with the heroic adventure repeats you can do once per day? i thought they might be the source for component's for the prophecy crate i got but it looks like those just come from public events. do they just have better loot drops?

There are three different prophecy parts, public events only drop one of them.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Cowcaster posted:

The first time you do it is a powerful (I don't know if this is once per account, or once per character), but repeats are often not worth the time an effort to solo unless it's a combo you know you can ace.

On the other end, I am so very glad that Heroic Strikes are just "More fun but still plain Vanilla strikes that don't have absurd enemy health and damage scaling". I enjoy doing those. I ended up doing the Arcolocy one with just me and one random 99% of the way, until a last second 3rd entry for the boss fight, and oh hey I actually felt like I was the hyped up guardian everyone keeps calling for emergencies.

Heroic adventures just feel like a slog because modifiers are always unfun. Even cool sounding stuff like "Your melee hits extra hard! and if you are very lucky dead enemies will leave wells of light!" gets comboed with fragile or whatever that also makes your regen take 30+ seconds until it starts trickle feeding you health. So you finish one shot punching all the red bars and are left surrounded by yellow bar Hive Knights with spears who laugh off punches that hit harder than a fusion cannon salvo.

I have a 3 stack of the Blossoms (Drop from Trials, Nightfall, or Heroic strikes. I've only bothered with the latter), which is the one thing you can't smash greens into to make the Blues.

And the ingredient Heroic Adventures can supposedly drop (They have yet to for me :doh:), I've gotten plenty of just messing around in the Crucible.

EDIT: I am very, very glad all the parts can be practically obtained by doing the more standard content. But I will not be surprised if they eventually gate ingredients behind "Trials flawless, and Prestige only" for later items.

Section Z fucked around with this message at 15:44 on Dec 15, 2017

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

Jack B Nimble posted:

So, the momentum modifier means you won't heal while standing still while healing very quickly if you sprint. But is there any middle ground? I can never seem to just heal a little while hip-firing. Is it just Inertia from not sprinting vs Momentum for sprinting?

More to the point, I play the strike by shooting/fighting until I'm hurt, then when I'm near death I hold down sprint and run around like a Zoidberg stooge. What "should" I be doing? What do you do?

Orv posted:

Nah that's pretty much it. It's a poo poo modifier.

comatose posted:

The solution is to be a devour warlock and even then its still a poo poo modifier.

Kessel posted:

You have to sprint to heal. It’s dumb because instead of encouraging you to go fast it just means you have to interrupt the gunplay often to meaninglessly sprint around in a tight circle to not die

Can confirm. Whenever Momentum is part of the Nightfall, I have to play Responsible Parent Guardian by running around with Devour/Healing Well and resurrecting the idiot children Hunter/Titan. This week we finished with under 30 seconds left. I had 20 revives.

JerikTelorian
Jan 19, 2007

Cowcaster posted:

You get three heroic adventures (and three normal ones) for the week. The heroics give "better" rewards in the sense that it's more likely to give Purps/Exotic but isn't guaranteed. I think you also get more Mercury tokens, compared to normal adventures.

There's three prophecy items:
Radiolarian Cultures come from public event chests, world boss chests, and general world chests.
Paradox Amplifiers come from completing Strikes, Heroic Adventures, and Crucible Matches.
Hermaion Blossoms come from the Nightfall, Heroic Strikes, and Trials of the Nine.

Usually you get a green one of these, but sometimes you're lucky and get a blue one. Ten green ones can be given to Vance for a blue one. The blue ones are what you use to fulfill prohpecies.

Professor Cthulhu
Jul 14, 2007

I got my Associate degree at Miskatonic Community College.
Last night I got one of those map things from cayde that reveals nearby chests and ran around titan. I got 3 of the blue Radiolarian Cultures in about an hour. (but it was pretty boring)

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

so, as long as i continue to knock out the weekly milestones for the flashpoint public events, heroic strikes, and the crucible, i should generally accrue all three types of parts over time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unhappy Meal
Jul 27, 2010

Some smiles show mirth
Others merely show teeth

Section Z posted:

Heroic adventures just feel like a slog because modifiers are always unfun. Even cool sounding stuff like "Your melee hits extra hard! and if you are very lucky dead enemies will leave wells of light!" gets comboed with fragile or whatever that also makes your regen take 30+ seconds until it starts trickle feeding you health. So you finish one shot punching all the red bars and are left surrounded by yellow bar Hive Knights with spears who laugh off punches that hit harder than a fusion cannon salvo.

That honestly has a lot to do with Attrition being garbage in adventures cause almost nothing drops the drat orbs compared to the nightfall where it works great. It also doesn't help that the move faster punch harder modifier is crap. Conversely momentum is misreble in the nightfall but really fun in heroic adventures cause they combined it with the -real- punch harder modifier which also increases super damage. So you can fly around the infinite forest always regening while you two punch knights and get quick crazy powerful supers (How powerful? The Up and Up boss died to two hammer throws.)

Here's hoping today's modifiers aren't garbage.

• Locked thread