Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

Robin, Chrom and Lissa have fine designs
They just didn't need to be armors. I Guess Chrom could get a pass with the heavy toy sack being like spooky Jakob having an iron ball

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

... gently caress I want all of them

Both as units to use in an Armor team with my BK, Amelia, Effie, and Henry and to give someone Vengeful Fighter

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Maybe they're all armors because they all (well, most) wear winter clothes that covers a good deal of their body to make them resistant to winter weather so a parallel can be drawn to armor units being covered in armor that's resistant to weapon blows?

(+ The way Chrom and Robin's coats look make them look a bit like the usual armors.)

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Also winter coats are heavy

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I missed it, does Christmas Robin's tree spear have built-in DC because if so I need him

Effie owns but is the only person on my armor squad without some sort of distant counter on her

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

loquacius posted:

I missed it, does Christmas Robin's tree spear have built-in DC because if so I need him

Effie owns but is the only person on my armor squad without some sort of distant counter on her

No, it gives +2 to all stats but Health if foe initiates battle

But it’s also 14 mt so I think you can give it to Effie

Rodenthar Drothman
May 14, 2013

I think I will continue
watching this twilight world
as long as time flows.
I DO like how Chrom is all, "... Lissa made me wear this..."

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

loquacius posted:

No. With Armor March 3 and Brazen Atk/Spd 3 (+7 to both stats in combat if his HP is above 80), he seems built as an armor who can take the offensive and still do ok on the defensive thanks to his weapon (+2 to all stats if foe initiates combat). I'm going to guess that his Atk and Spd will be fairly high, and it'd be neat if he also had a good Res.

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

I think his res will be average or below average to give him a counter

Or his atk and speed will be low and gets good after going below 80%

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Supercar Gautier posted:

I would rather see the Awakening/Fates characters that haven't shown up yet, instead of a million seasonal variants of the same ones over and over.
Nyes! The longer we wait, the more broken Miriel will be! Excellent!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Folt The Bolt posted:

No. With Armor March 3 and Brazen Atk/Spd 3 (+7 to both stats in combat if his HP is above 80), he seems built as an armor who can take the offensive and still do ok on the defensive thanks to his weapon (+2 to all stats if foe initiates combat). I'm going to guess that his Atk and Spd will be fairly high, and it'd be neat if he also had a good Res.

Brazek ATK/SPD 3 gives him a buff if his HP is BELOW 80% not above, which is quite a bit worse (for most units)

SgtSteel91
Oct 21, 2010

Roger Explosion posted:

Yeah at this rate Sumia is going to be the best Pegasus Rider ever

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Many of the better units in the game are really old so it's not like new units are always just straight up better than old units

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Andrast posted:

Brazek ATK/SPD 3 gives him a buff if his HP is BELOW 80% not above, which is quite a bit worse (for most units)

Oh. Nevermind.

Hm... but that could still be good on him, depending on his statline.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Andrast posted:

Many of the better units in the game are really old so it's not like new units are always just straight up better than old units

Yes, but that's because there are so many old units. For every Nino and Reinhardt there are 8 Nileses, Berukas, Clarines, etc. New units generally seem to be targeted at competing with the premier heroes rather than the random benchwarmers.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elyv posted:

Yes, but that's because there are so many old units. For every Nino and Reinhardt there are 8 Nileses, Berukas, Clarines, etc. New units generally seem to be targeted at competing with the premier heroes rather than the random benchwarmers.

Beruka actually has an alright niche in being the tankiest flier around

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I kinda get why Chrom and Lissa got alt versions.

Lissa for axe memes and Chrom because regular!chrom is super average and just got overcrept by Soleil and spring!chrom is mediocre.

I wouldn't be surprised to see an Oboro/Niles alt soon.

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Andrast posted:

Beruka actually has an alright niche in being the tankiest flier around

I mean, Clarine was my favorite healer that I had access to for a long time because her mixed bulk is surprisingly decent and worked well with martyr, but that doesn't mean she's a conventionally good hero. Just about every hero has a theoretical niche

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
She still hasnt been powercreep'd, I think was the point.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elyv posted:

I mean, Clarine was my favorite healer that I had access to for a long time because her mixed bulk is surprisingly decent and worked well with martyr, but that doesn't mean she's a conventionally good hero. Just about every hero has a theoretical niche

But Beruka's niche isn't theoretical at all since a tanky flier is actually something worthwhile to have.

Before weapon refinement I would have rated her potentially better than Michalis, who is also alright. Woclere kind of changes things but she is still the tankiest flier.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Dec 15, 2017

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Roger Explosion posted:

I dunno, there haven't really been any groundbreaking mages in a long time since maybe S!Corrin or Delthea. Lute, Arvis and Rhajat were alright but nothing earthshattering.

Well you could say PA!Inigo I guess.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ApplesandOranges posted:

I dunno, there haven't really been any groundbreaking mages in a long time since maybe S!Corrin or Delthea. Lute, Arvis and Rhajat were alright but nothing earthshattering.

Well you could say PA!Inigo I guess.

Don't forget Deirdre (and Halloween Nowi) from the "alright but not earthshattering" list

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Andrast posted:

Don't forget Deirdre (and Halloween Nowi) from the "alright but not earthshattering" list

and HHenry

I think Delthea was the last new premier mage, yeah

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
speaking of delthea what do i put in her B slot

also i have a 4* tailtiu now so should i stick drive speed 2 in her C slot? she's got hone speed 3 as her seal

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Elyv posted:

and HHenry

I think Delthea was the last new premier mage, yeah

I knew I forgot someone. An armor mage was something new though.

Lute and Delthea are also pretty much the same as far as stat lines go. Assuming both are using their unique tome, Lute has a +1 SPD and a few res over Delthea

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
i have pulled 3 deltheas and turned all of them into drive attack juice for cooler heroes

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I have wanted a Delthea since she was released

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I have an old +SPD/-DEF multi-merged Doot sitting in an Arena Assault team. She's good and kills a lot of things.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I have Delthea and Lute and +atk Rein.

I tend to use Robin just as much if not more.

Parasol Prophet
Aug 31, 2012

We Are Best Friends Now.
All I want is a decently-statted, axe-wieldin' Mozu, and if it takes 50 more Fates banners to make that happen, so be it.

scaterry
Sep 12, 2012

Parasol Prophet posted:

All I want is a decently-statted, axe-wieldin' Mozu, and if it takes 50 more Fates banners to make that happen, so be it.

Mozu gets Firesweep Axe

:getin:

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Folt The Bolt posted:

Maybe they're all armors because they all (well, most) wear winter clothes that covers a good deal of their body to make them resistant to winter weather so a parallel can be drawn to armor units being covered in armor that's resistant to weapon blows?

(+ The way Chrom and Robin's coats look make them look a bit like the usual armors.)

they're all armors to bait me because i love armor units

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

I have Rein, Lute(with the literal worst nature possible), Tailtiu, and Blucina. Rein is the only one I use regularly

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Bold Fighter and Vengeful Fighter look broken as gently caress. Bold Fighter is Arden's follow up ring that you can give to anyone and Vengeful Fighter is literally quick riposte but it works until 50%

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
Very weird to give someone a unique skill just to powercreep it

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Elyv posted:

I have Rein, Lute(with the literal worst nature possible), Tailtiu, and Blucina. Rein is the only one I use regularly

Rein is on Horse Emblem; Tailtiu is on blademage squad; Lute is on my current Arena core (along with Olivia, BLyn, and good ol' Tharja) because she's that good at both player-phase annihilation and Res tanking.

Still considering giving Lute Blarblade+ next 20K feathers I get so I can replace Tailtiu with her entirely.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

Andrast posted:

NOT
FOR
LYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYN

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

Very weird to give someone a unique skill just to powercreep it

thinking about it, it's probably likely that Bold Fighter will be armor exclusive, but still, quad Brave Lance effie.

Also Chrom is completely a pity bonus ruin unit while you're trying to get Lissa

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit

mabels big day posted:

Bold Fighter and Vengeful Fighter look broken as gently caress. Bold Fighter is Arden's follow up ring that you can give to anyone and Vengeful Fighter is literally quick riposte but it works until 50%

u can give it to armors ie wary fighter but not anyone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

AverySpecialfriend posted:

NOT
FOR
LYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYN

I thought you would agree that Lyn is not like most units