Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Edward Mass posted:

Marwin and a prospect for J.D. Martinez.

Down with this. Big time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Why are you guys discussing trades for JD Martinez

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
Wait, he’s a FA?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Yes lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Quit switching to Boras, Astros :( First Altuve, then Keuchel, now Marwin

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Top 5 payroll come 2019

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Intruder posted:

Quit switching to Boras, Astros :( First Altuve, then Keuchel, now Marwin

Looking forward to Boras gutting the team in 2019 and learning to hate them as they wear pinstripes/dodger blue in 2020

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Joe...Smith?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
I might be the only Astros fan who doesn't hate the Rangers outside games we're playing them since growing up they were just sort of oafishly losing while wasting ARod.

My "gently caress the" rankings are basically

Yankees
<big gap>
Cardinals
Red Sox
<whoever else>

I'm watching game 5 for probably the 20th time since it happened

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

fast cars loose anus posted:

I might be the only Astros fan who doesn't hate the Rangers outside games we're playing them since growing up they were just sort of oafishly losing while wasting ARod.

My "gently caress the" rankings are basically

Yankees
<big gap>
Cardinals
Red Sox
<whoever else>

I'm watching game 5 for probably the 20th time since it happened

your list is missing the braves

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Cardinals are first for me, then Braves and Yankees on equal terms, then my strong feelings against teams comes to an end

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
True I forgot facing the Braves a ton but they're so poo poo and in another league right now I think I can be excused for that

Maybe I should put Selig on the list for making us move but someone was gonna have to at some point

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

G-Hawk posted:

your list is missing the braves

Also the cubs.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Used to be in the same division as the Cubs but for the life of me I can't figure out why Astros fans should have strong feelings about them one way or the other. The only Cubs related things that upset me are the nono "home game" in Milwaukee and the CGSO by Ryan O'Malley

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Intruder posted:

Used to be in the same division as the Cubs but for the life of me I can't figure out why Astros fans should have strong feelings about them one way or the other. The only Cubs related things that upset me are the nono "home game" in Milwaukee and the CGSO by Ryan O'Malley

I've always had a distaste for them for some reason. Maybe because I was forced to watch them on WGN one summer when I visited my grandparents in Flordia. This was back in the 90's when we absolutely dominated them too.

Here's my top 5

1) Cardinals
2) Braves
3) Rangers
4) Cubs
5) Yankees

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.

Intruder posted:

I never understood it either, but I may be biased since I had family in Wrigleyville my whole life ‘til this year. I hate the Yankees both on principle and because my family is from Cleveland. The Cardinals were my personal Evil Empire as a kid, but I’m ambivalent about the team now. gently caress the BFiB though. I hated the Braves as a kid too, but never as much as the Yanks or Cards.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Petition to repurpose this thread for the 22-4 Houston Rockets and have it be the general not Texans Houston sports thread cause gently caress Bob McNair and the NFL is boring

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Petition to close thread, it was a success boys let's call it a day

G-Hawk
Dec 15, 2003

Intruder posted:

counterpoint: during all seasons in which this thread was open, the astros won a world series, and vice versa. It has to stay open, forever

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

CONTROVERSIAL OPINION TIME

Ed Wade should be given a ring

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender

Intruder posted:

b-b-b-but I was gonna make more avatars

I mean, not today, but probably this weekend

e: Also this

G-Hawk posted:

counterpoint: during all seasons in which this thread was open, the astros won a world series, and vice versa. It has to stay open, forever

at the very least the thread should stay open until the Rockets don't win a championship, just so we know for sure

spaced ninja
Apr 10, 2009

Toilet Rascal
Another righty signed pending physical.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/5193/hector-rondon

Not sure how I feel about this yet.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Me last week: I hope the Astros trade for Giancarlo

Astros this week: *signs Joe Smith and Hector Rondon and calls it a day*

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

I guess there's just not a lefty available?

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

They made Mike Minor an offer but the Rangers offered to give him a chance to start, which he was never going to get here

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Korranus posted:

I guess there's just not a lefty available?

Rude, they already got Anthony Gose!

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

Kirios posted:

Rude, they already got Anthony Gose!

I totally forgot about the Rule 5 draft, and as a former Willy Taveras fan that's just uncalled for.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
Thread will stay open until all avatars are made.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
My grandmother passed away a few months ago. This weekend we were going through some of her stuff from a storage room and I found this. When I get home I can post more if people are interested.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
First off, goondolences. Secondly, that’s a cool find! I know I’d like to see more. Did she have the program with the cub getting a baby bottle of LSD?

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug
Thanks; she had a good life. Unfortunately this was the only Colt 45s program she had, but I also have a program from the 1957 Cotton Bowl, which was TCU vs Jim Brown-led Syracuse. I'll probably end up uploading some of that to TFF at some point

I'll start getting more pics up tomorrow, I'm beat after going through two storerooms worth of stuff.

Sab0921
Aug 2, 2004

This for my justices slingin' thangs, rib breakin' kings / Truck, necklace, robe, gavel and things / For the solicitors seein' them dissents spin and grin / That robe with the lace trim that win.
Someone explain the Tucker trade to me. We traded him for literally nothing, IDGI.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

He's me.
He wasn’t the good Tucker

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Sab0921 posted:

Someone explain the Tucker trade to me. We traded him for literally nothing, IDGI.

He was never going to make the 25 man again and we needed room for Rondon on the 40 man

Kirios
Jan 26, 2010

Merry Christmas y'all - the Houston Astros won the World Series in 2017!

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
I got both the World Series film AND the Collector’s Edition full series Blu-rays for Christmas.

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

I got a pennant and the Blu Ray collection. Going to watch games 2, 5 and 7 a whole bunch.

Imasalmon
Mar 19, 2003

Meet me in the Hall of Fame

Got to my granny's grave to post the pennants. I love baseball.

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮
In honor of MLB opening the official GIF vault, PYF Astros GIF.

Edward Mass fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Jan 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

Nobody asked for a Musgrove avatar I hope.

• Locked thread