Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Trihugger posted:

Altera is a being similar to Tamamo. Being an independent entity that was separated from a larger, multi-versal force of destruction could qualify her as something like a god. Although I'm not sure what classification the Umbral Star or Cells created by it are considered.

Or maybe Altera get's her divinity by being the divine avatar of "The Worf" of the Fate franchise. Seriously, she jobs harder and more often than Gilgamesh does in the original VN.

She gets it because that big weird sword of hers originally belonged to the first god of war, and her taking it and using it to ravage the earth has bound it into her own legend. She’s a literal ‘scourge of god’, in that she murdered her way through the original pantheon and took their stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://moetron.news/post/168354476320/fategrand-order-is-getting-two-new-years-eve

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Male MC again...

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Justice for fem MCs

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Caster's FHA sprites are quite powerful.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:
Rip medea route...

Bakanogami
Dec 31, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Nate RFB posted:

Caster's FHA sprites are quite powerful.
FHA was the peak of this franchise.

Nyaa posted:

Rip medea route...

Screw Medea or Ilya, give me a loving Taiga route where she finds out about all this magic bullshit and calls in the Yakuza to clean house.

Paracelsus
Apr 6, 2009

bless this post ~kya

Bakanogami posted:

FHA was the peak of this franchise.

Funny way of spelling Carnival Phantasm.

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012

Compendium posted:

Justice for fem MCs

The justice for FeMCs is that they're always cuter, more visually interesting, and just overall much much better than their phony male counterparts.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Watching Apocrypha feels like watching late 90s WCW. The booking is awful, you get dumb gimmicks to cover up for bad choreography, and the actual fights are a confusing mess.

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Terrible Opinions posted:

Watching Apocrypha feels like watching late 90s WCW. The booking is awful, you get dumb gimmicks to cover up for bad choreography, and the actual fights are a confusing mess.

Who's David Arquette

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

I can't really say yet, but Franky is probably Rey Mysterio.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

The Chiron/Achilles fight is deffo better than any WCW match

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
astolfo is jericho

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009
i have 1004 noble phantasms

number one: armdrag
number two: armBAR
number three: the moss-covered three handled family gredunza
number four: ARMBAR

Endorph fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Dec 14, 2017

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

Endorph posted:

astolfo is jericho

Dreamsicle
Oct 16, 2013

Then who is Mordred and Goldberg

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Mordred is actually entertaining to watch, hates the rest of the cast, and disappears for extended periods of time. If she gets roped into a terrible story line that destroys any enjoyment of her character and makes her look completely incompetent, I'd say she's spot on for Ric Flair.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
UBW Abridged continues to amuse, partly because of Shirou's dedication to the idea of getting ripped and saving everybody, but mostly because they really nailed Kotomine.

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Rand Brittain posted:

UBW Abridged continues to amuse, partly because of Shirou's dedication to the idea of getting ripped and saving everybody, but mostly because they really nailed Kotomine.

It is nice to see another Rare Good Abridged Series.

Plus Actually Satan got some good lines.

Edit: Also having Actually Satan flashback to the DEEN anime is inspired and it makes me laugh every time it's popped up.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

Endorph posted:

astolfo is jericho

So Sieg is Kevin Owens?

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Winterket goods:
http://typemoon.com/news/2017/FEGG0V

That Munenori blanket is sick, though I wonder what the other three designs are.

Sanguinia
Jan 1, 2012

~Everybody wants to be a cat~
~Because a cat's the only cat~
~Who knows where its at~

Dr Pepper posted:

It is nice to see another Rare Good Abridged Series.

Plus Actually Satan got some good lines.

Edit: Also having Actually Satan flashback to the DEEN anime is inspired and it makes me laugh every time it's popped up.

I say without hyperbole that I think Azure Crow is setting the new bar for abridged shows. Bleach and Digimon Tri abridged are just as great.

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
In retrospect Shirou's open admiration for Saber's prowess also makes him a lot more tolerable by removing his "heinous misogyny" attribute.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Rand Brittain posted:

In retrospect Shirou's open admiration for Saber's prowess also makes him a lot more tolerable by removing his "heinous misogyny" attribute.

Where'd people get that idea from, anyways.?

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Kyte posted:

Where'd people get that idea from, anyways.?

The fact that he continually has flashbacks to Saber getting injured by Berserker throughout Fate and continually thinks of her as a tiny defenseless girl because of that

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen
When my friend and I want to talk about a character who is way less interesting than the rest of the cast taking up all the screentime, we just say this:

"He's a Shirou, dude."

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Actually shirou is very interesting

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Stairmaster posted:

Actually shirou is very interesting

This might be the case in the Visual Novel but I've only seen the ufotables.

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Then perish

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Eela6 posted:

Huh? The whole point of the last two routes is delving into what makes Shirou tick. It is only the first one where he is dull or misogynistic.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Hunt11 posted:

Huh? The whole point of the last two routes is delving into what makes Shirou tick. It is only the first one where he is dull or misogynistic.

I thought he was pretty boring in UBW too. I haven't had a chance to see Heaven's Feel yet.

I'm not saying that he's the most boring character of all time, I just felt nearly every other character was more interesting.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Blockhouse posted:

The fact that he continually has flashbacks to Saber getting injured by Berserker throughout Fate and continually thinks of her as a tiny defenseless girl because of that

Yes, the character with ptsd, survivor's guilt and hero complex keeps flashing back to the time somebody got injured in his presence while he was helpless to do anything.

Perhaps there's another explanation that's more in line with his character traits and backstory?

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

Kyte posted:

Yes, the character with ptsd, survivor's guilt and hero complex keeps flashing back to the time somebody got injured in his presence while he was helpless to do anything.

Perhaps there's another explanation that's more in line with his character traits and backstory?

Sure, but when justifying his overprotectiveness, he keeps saying "But you're a girl!" Also, Taiga straight up says that he's like that towards women in general, and that he got that attitude from Kiritsugu. I interpret it as a reflection of Kiritsugu's guilt about his treatment of Saber, Irisviel, and Maiya, although of course that wasn't Nasu's intent at the time. (I think Nasu has admitted that the actual reason was his subconscious pointing out to him how weird the Saber/Shirou relationship was.)

Silver2195 fucked around with this message at 22:48 on Dec 15, 2017

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Eela6 posted:

Literally not worth discussing this matter, then.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Silver2195 posted:

Sure, but when justifying his overprotectiveness, he keeps saying "But you're a girl!" Also, Taiga straight up says that he's like that towards women in general, and that he got that attitude from Kiritsugu. I interpret it as a reflection of Kiritsugu's guilt about his treatment of Saber, Irisviel, and Maiya, although of course that wasn't Nasu's intent at the time. (I think Nasu has admitted that the actual reason was his subconscious pointing out to him how weird the Saber/Shirou relationship was.)

It was partly because Nasu was subconsciously forcing the pairing, yes.

Another thing is that Shirou is deliberately written to sound like a gossipy Japanese housewife, in keeping with his "is a goddamn housewife" character trait. There's much to say about the internalized mysoginy within Japanese society, particularly in the early 2000s when FSN was written, but I'm not sure if I'd directly pin it as a Shirou thing when he doesn't really practice what he preaches.

Plus, "but you're a girl" is a very easy excuse that doesn't involve having to examine himself and his traumas.

Kyte fucked around with this message at 22:56 on Dec 15, 2017

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
Shirou is misogynistic in the same way a little boy is who gets the snot beaten out of him by a girl in the playground because his dad told him he should never hit girls.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

His character development on the last two routes is great. Hell you also have to remember his whole deal with Archer.

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day
I want animated Sparks Liner High as a bonus feature in the Heavens Feel pt3 bluray.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Nate RFB posted:

Literally not worth discussing this matter, then.

:yikes: Congratulations on being a gatekeeper, ya did it.

I'll see myself out.