Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

The Slack Lagoon posted:

The recommended daily caloric intake is 2000 calories.

Does your 'Co have a sign that says that? Mine does

Please dogs & refill responsibly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Accretionist posted:

Please dogs & refill responsibly

I’ve self-imposed a one-per-week limit on the Costco dogs.

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008
Bought a Costco cake in for everyone in the office as expected. Now to be worshipped as a god PBUC.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Does anyone know if the Alpharetta Costco sells booze?

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

Croatoan posted:

The perimeter one does, not sure on that one.

Edit: doth me smell a goon prayer service meet up?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
I live up in the sticks so I usually hit Barret parkway. I want some Kirkland Vodka and more Brazi Bites. Might get a bag of G.H. Cretors popcorn because the body is weak. I hate going ITP, will trip report!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

Croatoan posted:

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

The perimeter one does, not sure on that one.

Edit: doth me smell a goon prayer service meet up?

Croatoan posted:

I’m crossing my fingers, and hoping the Woodstock one will have booze.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Nfcknblvbl posted:

I’m crossing my fingers, and hoping the Woodstock one will have booze.

If not, you should move to a non-lovely state without dumb prohibition laws.

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Yeah, well I don't trust this guy. I think he regifted, he degifted, and now he's using an upstairs invite as a springboard to a Super Bowl sex romp.

binge crotching posted:

If not, you should move to a non-lovely state without dumb prohibition laws.

You can buy booze everywhere in Georgia though and it’s not a big deal?????

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

Dr. Tim Whatley posted:

You can buy booze everywhere in Georgia though and it’s not a big deal?????

Then why worry about whether there will be booze or not? If the state laws allow it, they'll have it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Going to Costco today for Christmas gifts, some personal stuff, and of course to partake in the sacrament!

Its gonna be a great day.

PBUC!

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

binge crotching posted:

Then why worry about whether there will be booze or not? If the state laws allow it, they'll have it.

Georgia allows the sale of Booze but there's a laundry list of requirements to do it.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Ate my dog as the sun set on a great day.

Saw many sherpas being purchased along with all manner of gifts to make people's Christmas truly special. Pbuc.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
I didn't take sacrament today because I went while my wife was cookimg dinner, but I did buy a king sized sherpa blanket for 25 bucks PBUC. Also got toilet paper, spaghetti noodles, and frozen blueberries.

TheReverend
Jun 21, 2005

I'm moving to North Metro Atlanta and I'm thinking of getting a Costco membership.

Worth it for just a goon and his wife?
( Aside from the dogs and free refills)?

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

TheReverend posted:

I'm moving to North Metro Atlanta and I'm thinking of getting a Costco membership.

Atlanta means you drive alot. Which means you need high quality gasoline at a low price. Which means if you should get a Costco membership for ONLY gas, you will probably make up at least 2x the membership fee on gas savings alone.

Pennywise the Frown
May 10, 2010

Upset Trowel

Chinatown posted:

Ate my dog as the sun set on a great day.

Saw many sherpas being purchased along with all manner of gifts to make people's Christmas truly special. Pbuc.

I have my little cove that I sit in with my laptop and now, my sherpa, that I use every single day. It's cold in Wisconsin.

P loving BUC

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

Bought a 2 pack of Contigo vacuum sealed water bottles for $13 for a white elephant party at work. The limit for gifts was $15. I did not realize that the unwashed masses without access to the Holy Cathedral must pay ~$40 for such an item.

PBUC

Apprentice Dick
Dec 1, 2009

TheReverend posted:

My membership pays for itself on just the chicken I buy regularly (2.99/lb vs 5.99/pound) throughout the year as a single person. Also everything is either a good deal or the same price for a higher quality item.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

TheReverend posted:

Single nearly 30 male here, Costco membership still worth it. I also get the big-boy executive membership and it pays for the cost difference (and a little more) every year.

e: I'm trying real hard to not do the math on how much money I spend at the co to get $60-80 back every year..

Hypnolobster fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Dec 17, 2017

Good Dog
Oct 16, 2008

Who threw this cat at me?
Clapping Larry
What kind of magic chicken do you buy for 6 a pound elsewhere?

The last time I went to Costco on my lunch break I walked out empty handed. I wanted to see some beef or meat that'd inspire me to make something new but I can't pay double what I'd pay at a grocery store. I had a platter of Christmas cookies for the office but decided against it, we've gotten more stuff from clients than we know what to do with as is.

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

Does the movie pass deal still going on? I’ll grab it this week if it is

Lupin
Feb 21, 2007

Good Dog posted:

What kind of magic chicken do you buy for 6 a pound elsewhere?

PBUC, but I pay less than half of that pretty much anywhere else I go . Do you live in Iceland or something?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
Went to an xmas party last night and stopped off at Costco to pick up a veggie platter. It was only $10 so we picked up this neat little board of assorted nuts and dried fruit.

Someone else brought a Costco pumpkin pie and Tiramisu as well.

It was a good party.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Hypnolobster posted:

Single nearly 30 male here, Costco membership still worth it. I also get the big-boy executive membership and it pays for the cost difference (and a little more) every year.

e: I'm trying real hard to not do the math on how much money I spend at the co to get $60-80 back every year..

Jesus dude that’s like $76,000 a year how many $1.50 dogs do you eat

WIFEY WATCHDOG
Jun 25, 2012

Fellis posted:

PBUUUUUUUUUUUUC

Joburg
May 19, 2013

Fun Shoe
Costco saves my husband HUNDREDS of dollars on his Mr. Magoo strength glasses. Totally worth it.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

Joburg posted:

Costco saves my husband HUNDREDS of dollars on his Mr. Magoo strength glasses. Totally worth it.

He once was blind but now he sees, PBUC

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

Fellis posted:

gotta spend money to save money my man!

belt
May 12, 2001

by Nyc_Tattoo

Fellis posted:

Math comes out to about 139 per day.

PBUC

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

TheReverend posted:

Absolutely. My wife and I have no children and probably never will, but pet food savings alone pay for our annual membership.

Now that I drive by a Costco on my way home from work we've almost completely stopped shopping at traditional grocery stores with the exceptions being things that you can only obtain at Costco in bulk - two people aren't going to be able to eat a 3 pound tub of sour cream or two dozen eggs before they go bad, for instance.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

Geoj posted:

two people aren't going to be able to eat a 3 pound tub of sour cream or two dozen eggs before they go bad, for instance.

T-they won't?

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy

Geoj posted:

- two people aren't going to be able to eat a 3 pound tub of sour cream or two dozen eggs before they go bad, for instance.

challenge accepted

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:

Geoj posted:

two people aren't going to be able to eat a 3 pound tub of sour cream or two dozen eggs before they go bad, for instance.

lmao challenge completed already, this is exactly what my wife and I do with that big-rear end tub of Daisy sour cream. We can never finish bags of potatoes or blocks of cheese, but broccoli and sour cream are the two items that we usually can finish.
Heck even if you can't finish it the cost still is cheaper than paying for what you do eat elsewhere.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
I buy 5 dozen crates of eggs and eat them myself.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

all you need is one of those big bag of kettle chips and you can murder that sour cream easily

why yes i am morbidly obese

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

all you need is one of those big bag of kettle chips and you can murder that sour cream easily

why yes i am morbidly obese

Sounds like youre ready for DEATH

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

KakerMix posted:

lmao challenge completed already, this is exactly what my wife and I do with that big-rear end tub of Daisy sour cream.

Do you put it on everything or eat it by the bowlful?

Tried it once, started molding over after about a week. Yeah its cheap but I feel bad buying more food than I know we can finish before having to throw it out.

therobit
Aug 19, 2008

I've been tryin' to speak with you for a long time
Eggs last basically forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Does anyone's Costco carry Blue Hill Bay smoked whitefish? One of my two local stores used to get it once in a while -- whole, golden, beautiful smoked fish you could debone and turn into the most delicious whitefish salad. It was vacuum-packed and stocked near the smoked salmon and canned crabmeat in the refrigerated cases, usually not far from the deli meats and cheeses.

I loved it so much, but they haven't had it in over a year. I call about it from time to time, since that store is further out of my way, but they never have it and rarely even know what I'm talking about.