Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Quantum of Phallus posted:

EU or US?

Cos the EU ones are gone from sale on Monday

US.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

Policenaut posted:

https://twitter.com/lbabinz/status/941871787062599683

Cheers Sony to never sending me e-mails anymore.

I have no idea how to enable this email option. I've dug all around the account settings and found one box that asked if I was okay receiving promotional emails from Sony, which was already checked, but I never get these discount offers.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Apparently if you change the email associated with your Sony account it can trigger them to come back

Cultural Marxist
Jun 29, 2017

by FactsAreUseless
EU 12 Days of Christmas deal 9 is, as expected, CoD WW2. Now £39.99, 27% off.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

I just bought like 5 games on sale the other day but it was only $27 altogether so I’ll just use the code on something else I guess

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Quantum of Phallus posted:

Apparently if you change the email associated with your Sony account it can trigger them to come back

Fair warning, I just tried this and I was unable to change my e-mail back to the original because "The sign-in ID is too similar to the Online ID"

Which to be fair, is true, but I have no idea why it's suddenly an issue.

Edit: Fifteen minutes with Sony customer service and my e-mail is back to the original, but I did have to verify my identity and everything. I think I've earned a 20% coupon, Sony!. :argh:

a crisp refreshing Moxie fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Dec 16, 2017

Billy Gnosis
May 18, 2006

Now is the time for us to gather together and celebrate those things that we like and think are fun.

If you look at random items on the sale, they seem to all end on different days. Many are past this week anyways, but not all of them.

enojy
Sep 11, 2001

bass rattle
stars out
the sky

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Fair warning, I just tried this and I was unable to change my e-mail back to the original because "The sign-in ID is too similar to the Online ID"

Which to be fair, is true, but I have no idea why it's suddenly an issue.

Edit: Fifteen minutes with Sony customer service and my e-mail is back to the original, but I did have to verify my identity and everything. I think I've earned a 20% coupon, Sony!. :argh:

Same. My current email address is (PSNusername)@gmail.com, and I ditched gmail last year. Still have to use it though, because my new email is the same username. They must've stepped up their security requirements after the huge PSN hack a few years back.

The Grey
Mar 2, 2004

Destroy All Humans 2 for the PS4 is on sale for $3. Is this a remaster and worth it?

RJWaters2
Dec 16, 2011

It was not not not so great
It's just upscaled, not HD'd. It was good on PS2.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
On that note, how was the Bully and GTA Trilogy upscaled ports to the PS4? The trilogy pack is only 13 after the coupon.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

Rirse posted:

On that note, how was the Bully and GTA Trilogy upscaled ports to the PS4? The trilogy pack is only 13 after the coupon.

Apparently the San Andreas port rips out some problematic songs that they couldn’t pay for anymore but besides that the Trilogy looks and play the same. I don’t know how the Bully port plays but it’s one of the best games ever made so I say go for it man

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I got one of those 20% emails but I don't have any huge gaming purchases between now and Christmas so i'm just loading up a bunch of little stuff I wanted, like $3 Ground Zeroes and that new mini-lDLC from Darkest Dungeon. I'm also considering getting Night In the Woods because the art style is lovely, but how long is it (and is it worth $16)? Also, the second week of the sale would start next Tuesday, correct?

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Wolfsheim posted:

I got one of those 20% emails but I don't have any huge gaming purchases between now and Christmas so i'm just loading up a bunch of little stuff I wanted, like $3 Ground Zeroes and that new mini-lDLC from Darkest Dungeon. I'm also considering getting Night In the Woods because the art style is lovely, but how long is it (and is it worth $16)? Also, the second week of the sale would start next Tuesday, correct?

Buy Night in the Woods asap it’s one of my favorite games ever and I would recommend it to anyone.

A True Jar Jar Fan
Nov 3, 2003

Primadonna

Wolfsheim posted:

I'm also considering getting Night In the Woods because the art style is lovely, but how long is it (and is it worth $16)?

It's awesome. It's like eight hours to go through your first time and you can't see everything in one playthrough. There's also a game within the game that can eat up a bunch of time if you end up enjoying it.

dont be mean to me
May 2, 2007

I'm interplanetary, bitch
Let's go to Mars

enojy posted:

Same. My current email address is (PSNusername)@gmail.com, and I ditched gmail last year. Still have to use it though, because my new email is the same username. They must've stepped up their security requirements after the huge PSN hack a few years back.

A few years ago I managed to change to an e-mail address with a prefix the same as my PSN handle by doing it on my PS3 - but that was a few years ago. You might be able to do it on a primary PS4 or something, but no promises.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Rirse posted:

Bully is straight emulation of the original PS2 version it runs fine and is a great game but it doesn't have the extra stuff from the later 360/PC versions.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
Someone please PM me a 20% off code so I can put it to the good use of buying Persona 4: Dancing All Night and its Miku DLC for the undying Playstation Vita.

Faux Mulder
Aug 1, 2014

just gonna do whatever I want to do, all the time

Wolfsheim posted:

I'm also considering getting Night In the Woods because the art style is lovely, but how long is it (and is it worth $16)?

One of the most charming, funny, unique games this year. The characters and dialogue are really well designed/written and the character story is pretty great. The central mystery plot didn't really land for me, but plenty of people liked it and it's not the main point of the game.

It's about eight hours long, and if there's one criticism I have of it it's that it could have been condensed down to four or five without losing a whole lot. There's quite a lot of walking back and forth through the town travelling to the next plot point, and it starts feeling a little fillery by the time you get half-way through the story. I haven't played the Weird Autumn version yet though so maybe it's been edited a bit but I think it's an expanded rather than reworked version.

The main thing to know going in is that it's not an action-based platformer at all - it's an entirely narrative experience which has 2D platforming controls. There's no combat, just exploration and dialogue.

The other thing to know is that Mae likes 'em burly.

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Samuringa posted:

Yakuza 0 hitting $20-$30 would make a good X-mas present for me but I'm okay with waiting until the next big sale.

Here
https://www.gamestop.com/ps4/games/...jRka0G586.i08tQ

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Also here's a pretty anemic drop

36 Fragments of Midnight
PS4 — Digital
In this procedurally generated platforer, you have to avoid deadly lasers, circular saws, and spikes to collect all the Fragments and get their greatest gift. Do you have what it takes to collect them all?

3D Billiards
PS4 — Digital
With 3D Billiards you can enjoy the ultimate billiards and pool experience in the comfort of your own home! Step up to the virtual table and show what you can do with a cue!

Accounting +
PS VR — Digital
Accounting returns to its roots with Accounting+, a nightmare adventure comedy made by Crows Crows Crows and designed with Squanch Games! It’s got the guy who voiced Rick and Morty — for real this time!

Cat Interstellar
PS4 — Digital
Cat Interstellar is a short story-driven science fiction game about humanity’s attempt to terraform Mars. Play as a DOG V4 drone, a newly activated maintenance bot who is assisting in the terraforming effort.

Defunct
PS4 — Digital (Out 12/21)
Defunct is an indie adventure game with a focus on flow, speed, and an engaging world. You are a broken robot that accidentally falls out of a giant cargo ship onto a post-human Earth, now inhabited by robots. You have to get back to your ship before it’s too late!

Dustoff Heli Rescue 2
PS4 — Digital
Jump into the hot seat of a combat helicopter and fly behind enemy lines under heavy fire as you search and rescue hostages!

Gunhouse
PS Vita — Digital
Gunhouse is part puzzle, part active tower defense, as you make big combos to launch a hail of bullets and special attacks at the alien invaders who would like nothing better than to consume your delicious orphan friends.

Hammerwatch
PS4 — Digital
The highly acclaimed hack & slash Hammerwatch is finally here! Kill hordes of enemies with varied looks and features through unique environments with traps, hidden secrets, and puzzles.

Rollercoaster Legends
Transport yourself to the land of Greek mythology on a RollerCoaster ride you’ll never forget.

Tiny Metal
Outfight the enemy with your own army of foot soldiers, tanks, helicopters, tactical vehicles, and fighter jets. Capture rival territories and extend your military power over the sprawling map of Zipang.

Ultrawings
PS VR — Digital
Ultrawings is the first aerial-themed, open-world game where you’ll pilot multiple aircraft to complete a variety of missions across an island-themed world.

VirtuGo
PS4 — Digital
VirtuGo is a classic puzzle game. Colored tiles come at you nonstop, and you must put them on your carrying platform and arrange them as best you can on a 5×5 grid. Have fun!

Xenon Valkyrie +
PS Vita — Digital
Xenon Valkyrie is a rogue-lite platformer game with RPG elements in which you must fight to the deepest part of a moon and halt the plans of a wicked witch.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

It has to be digital :(

edit: But thanks for the offer!

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Ultrawings gonna be rad.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Hat in Time thoughts? Wait for it to drop to 50% off or worth it full price?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Waltzing Along posted:

Im waiting cause i got mario

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

everyone seems to love it

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Cool thanks. Looks like something that should be fun.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I noticed that other day that the PS4 version of Resident Evil Revelations 2 Deluxe was on sale for $15.

But it only seems to be listed when checking the store via the console browser, not the webpage.

Edit: Checked again and it is there. I guess it's not part of the holiday sale so I was looking in the wrong section.

Vakal fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Dec 17, 2017

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Vakal posted:

I noticed that other day that the PS4 version of Resident Evil Revelations 2 Deluxe was on sale for $16.

But it only seems to be listed when checking the store via the console browser, not the webpage.

I see it listed at $12 (with PS+) on the website

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

oh my...

Grimey Drawer

Waltzing Along posted:

It's charming bit still has some jank. It's not a full blown N64 platformer but it at least has the rust of something from the PS2 era.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

As someone who has the base SF5 but no season passes or add-on packs, is it better for me to wait to get Arcade Edition, or pick up the two Character Packs on sale right now? I'm guessing picking up the character packs now is more cost effective?

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Agrias120 posted:

As someone who has the base SF5 but no season passes or add-on packs, is it better for me to wait to get Arcade Edition, or pick up the two Character Packs on sale right now? I'm guessing picking up the character packs now is more cost effective?

SF5AE is going to be $40, so it depends what the character passes are discounted to.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Lemon-Lime posted:

SF5AE is going to be $40, so it depends what the character passes are discounted to.

Awesome--thanks, I guess I should have just googled the price. I wasn't sure if AE was coming with other stuff, but it looks like it's not really. The Character passes are about $20 right now for both, so seems like that's the better way to go.

Fix
Jul 26, 2005

NEWT THE MOON

Waltzing Along posted:

I'd wait. It's fun enough if you need something right now, but some of the puzzles are pretty janky and the camera is not the best thing on earth. There've been a couple of times where I've wanted to throttle a particular level designer.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Yeah, it averages out to whatever the two character passes are discounted to.

If you already own base game and buy into the character passes right now on the Christmas sale then you'll come out ahead. Just from my own perspective up here in Canada, Arcade Edition is $50 and right now Season 1 is $13.50 and Season 2 is $20, but those are on heavy discount for the Christmas sale and they're normally $27 and $40 respectively. You do get some exclusive bonuses for buying Arcade Edition straight-up, in the form of bonus costumes and colors (even more so if you pre-order) but you can also get some of that swag if you buy Season 3.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

I wonder if SFV base game is going to end up as PS+ at some point.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Agrias120 posted:

The game is getting a pretty big rework in terms of in-game currency when Arcade Edition launches in January. Essentially, they're removing all of the one-time only rewards from single player stuff in favor of more weekly missions.

So, if you have the base game and go through the main story mode, the individual character stories, and survival mode (don't do this) and trials if you're up for it, you can get a shitload of Fight Money, easily enough to buy a few characters from Season 3. If you buy the character packs, they'll each come with super easy character stories for each character, so that's more money on top of that.

On the other hand, if you wait for AE, you'll get all of those characters with the disc, but you won't get the chance to get any easy Fight Money. Capcom didn't want late adopters to get all the old AND the new characters for free.

So if you're at all up for fighting the CPU a bunch (try not to be sober) you can definitely get an edge if you buy the character packs and do that stuff between now and mid-January.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

alternatively, buy guilty gear for 10 dollars because its a much , much better fighting game than SFV ever will be.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007
So what's the verdict on the Evil Within 2? I'm debating whether I should go for that one or Skyrim but can't really decide right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Sylphosaurus posted:

So what's the verdict on the Evil Within 2? I'm debating whether I should go for that one or Skyrim but can't really decide right now.

Everyone seems to like it but as someone who has bought Skyrim a million times and played it for a billion hours, buy Skyrim. If you haven’t played it yet you’re in for a lot of fun.