Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

VanillaGorilla posted:

This loving sequence in the final chapter where they force you to fight your party is loving inane. I made the terrible, UNFORGIVABLE loving mistake of making Rex a DPS guy, so now I'm just getting housed by Morag because she has a mountain of health and I can't burst her down before she owns the poo poo out of me. Oh, wait, I'll just swap out some blad-----NOPE sorry you stripped all of my party members and my access to the blades I've actually been building up over the course of the game so I'm COMPLETELY hosed.

They do this poo poo like 5 different times over the course of the game and it is absolutely the worst poo poo. What loving designer thought that this was good?

edit: this is so bad that I'm considering just giving up on the game and watching the ending on Youtube. Wow.

Yeah, that fight is ridiculous. If you have Kora you can cheese it with her heal by running around skill, it will heal you faster than the boss can hurt you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
Sorry, but Nanakoori (Ursula) is the hardest boss in the game.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

The Moon Monster posted:

Yeah, that fight is ridiculous. If you have Kora you can cheese it with her heal by running around skill, it will heal you faster than the boss can hurt you.

I literally just beat it by auto-attacking with Roc.

I seriously thought it was an unlosable battle.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Zore posted:

I literally just beat it by auto-attacking with Roc.

I seriously thought it was an unlosable battle.

That's bizarre, I lost multiple times going full bore with blades way stronger than Roc. Even after swapping in a healing blade I had to take several breaks where I just ran around in circles for 20 seconds to heal.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Maybe it was the accessories? I have the +50% chance to double auto-attack one and the health regen on crits. Roc has a base 74% chance to crit with the weapon I had so...

It made Roc a rockstar for the last chunk of the game for me as Rex was functionally immortal if he was out.

Taear
Nov 26, 2004

Ask me about the shitty opinions I have about Paradox games!
Out of curiosity, what do people think about the pouch items?
I'm finding them an annoying bit of busywork and while they give nice buffs I think it'd be better suited to just another accessory slot.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
I think I'm close to the end of the game, my favorite thing so far has been getting blades and seeing their sidequests/cutscenes and what not. I'm at the point where I'm running out of side quests and I'm still missing 11 blades which seem to be harder and harder to come by. Lets say theoretically I got those blades though... With little to no quests left, is the only option to gain trust spamming food items?

If so, that might put an earlier end to this game than I thought unless they do something to fix this issue on the future.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Lessail posted:

I have no clue how you got that out of the ending

Its what happens or is implied. The sunset sky is the same one Shulk see's when he's having his god vision and the endless sea is the same as the one in Shulks fantasy land. I assumed Klaus's final gift was him merging the two.

That and it's funny to imagine Shulk finally making his world without gods then suddenly giant whales and poo poo start crashing into his island.

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008
Who should I give Ageaeon to? I was thinking Fourth(this is the only character it does make sense to spoiler because the game does kind of hint that they are kind of your enemy when you do meet them) since it's kind of given to them in the cutscene anyway and they're like brother and sister, or cousins or something that makes the weird sort of "loyalty and love" aspect kind of uncomfortable especially since that one guy is literally like 8 years old.

Sometimes I think my poo poo's all retarded though; I dont really know who to try to put on who. Ive got random blades on random dudes. I got Zenobia and Finch on fourth already, I dont know if they're any good--some people are saying Zenobia somehow works better on Rex, but I put Wulfric on Rex since someone said spears were good on him and another person said Wulfric's moves were better used by the player than the AI but someone else said Wulfric is actually better on Fifth. Rex also has Kora who somehow happens to be one of my better characters, Ive got Nia using Nim and Dromarch, I had her try to use another guy but she would keep getting us killed by trying to start taking with Azami (who actually I feel like Nia would benefit from the ranged character) or that frosty knight, justice-loving guy. I havent really used Fifth all that often - I kind of want to but he absolutely cant hold aggro, which Fourth has been able to do surprisingly well despite what some people say.

I know it doesnt matter because you cant entirely control the gatcha stuff, so minmaxing is pointless, but there are some fights where I can just steamroll everything and then others where I just get wrecked in like 3 moves and I think those situations, it does come down to who's using what blades and skills, elements, equipment and bonuses and poo poo.

I havent really "planned" or payed too much attention to poo poo like "classes", Ive just sort of stayed at a close level to the mobs, and focused more on what my characters are capable of rather than any real "role" and I think that's how youre supposed to play the game, but not being able to move your blades from one person to another makes me kind of anxious about it; even though I get that they were going for it being kind of an "immersion" storytelling thing about how blades are a part of the spirit of whoever unlocked them and you cant just go around changing that or tossing that around from person to person(it does kind of make me wonder about the "special" blades like Vess or Roc since technically wouldnt they always be changing too depending on who unlocks them?)

The other reason Im worried about who to put rares on is that Im approaching that point where my rares have maxed out their field skills but arent able to clear the skill checks anymore and I know people were saying there is a wall you can hit with that, and if you arent spreading out your rares, you wont be able to have enough of them simultaneously active to clear those checks and you either need to grind the skills or do something else because you cant get the rare field skills on generics, outside of "______ mastery" or any of the collectable boosting skills.

Devoyniche fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Dec 16, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Devoyniche posted:

Who should I give Ageaeon to? I was thinking Fourth(this is the only character it does make sense to spoiler because the game does kind of hint that they are kind of your enemy when you do meet them) since it's kind of given to them in the cutscene anyway and they're like brother and sister, or cousins or something that makes the weird sort of "loyalty and love" aspect kind of uncomfortable especially since that one guy is literally like 8 years old.

You don't have a choice

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

What loving psychopath puts Spike damage on an immobile, non-attacking enemy?

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!

Devoyniche posted:

Sometimes I think my poo poo's all retarded though; I dont really know who to try to put on who. Ive got random blades on random dudes. I got Zenobia and Finch on fourth already, I dont know if they're any good--some people are saying Zenobia somehow works better on Rex, but I put Wulfric on Rex since someone said spears were good on him and another person said Wulfric's moves were better used by the player than the AI but someone else said Wulfric is actually better on Fifth. Rex also has Kora who somehow happens to be one of my better characters, Ive got Nia using Nim and Dromarch, I had her try to use another guy but she would keep getting us killed by trying to start taking with Azami (who actually I feel like Nia would benefit from the ranged character) or that frosty knight, justice-loving guy. I havent really used Fifth all that often - I kind of want to but he absolutely cant hold aggro, which Fourth has been able to do surprisingly well despite what some people say.

I know it doesnt matter because you cant entirely control the gatcha stuff, so minmaxing is pointless, but there are some fights where I can just steamroll everything and then others where I just get wrecked in like 3 moves and I think those situations, it does come down to who's using what blades and skills, elements, equipment and bonuses and poo poo.

I havent really "planned" or payed too much attention to poo poo like "classes", Ive just sort of stayed at a close level to the mobs, and focused more on what my characters are capable of rather than any real "role" and I think that's how youre supposed to play the game, but not being able to move your blades from one person to another makes me kind of anxious about it; even though I get that they were going for it being kind of an "immersion" storytelling thing about how blades are a part of the spirit of whoever unlocked them and you cant just go around changing that or tossing that around from person to person(it does kind of make me wonder about the "special" blades like Vess or Roc since technically wouldnt they always be changing too depending on who unlocks them?)

The other reason Im worried about who to put rares on is that Im approaching that point where my rares have maxed out their field skills but arent able to clear the skill checks anymore and I know people were saying there is a wall you can hit with that, and if you arent spreading out your rares, you wont be able to have enough of them simultaneously active to clear those checks and you either need to grind the skills or do something else because you cant get the rare field skills on generics, outside of "______ mastery" or any of the collectable boosting skills.

You don't have a choice for Aegaeon.

Because of the stacking class bonuses and the way that each blade's class influences the AI, it's generally best to keep your healer stacked with 3 healing blades and your tank stacked with tank blades.

Whichever character you're controlling can break out of this mold because you have more precise control. For example, I've seen builds that had no real healer, but instead exploited Ursula's heal-on-switch passive ability alongside accessories that speed up blade switch cooldowns and the World Tree Drop (that's the name of an item, not something unique to the World Tree or anything), which gives stacking damage bonuses every time you switch.

Don't give any more core crystals to Rex.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Zoran posted:

I really wish they gave us more Overdrives specifically for this reason. :smith: All my rare cores are on Nia and Rex, and the rest of the party really loses out as a result. Plus, they're all assigned to the wrong Driver, argh.

Actually yeah, anyone mind giving me feedback on my current Blade loadouts?

Rex:

• Pyra/Mythra
  • Roc
  • Agate
  • Gorg
  • Boreas
  • Adenine
  • Electra

Nia:

• Dromarch
  • Wulfric
  • Dagas
  • Perun
  • Azami
  • Ursula

Four:

• Brighid
  • Sheba

Five:

• Pandoria

No real though went into who goes where, because you basically can't control that (which really ticks me off). I have a couple Overdrives left over from after I realized they were expendable :suicide: I'm thinking maybe put Adenine on Nia and Wulfric on Five?

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 21:36 on Dec 16, 2017

Devoyniche
Dec 21, 2008

Zoran posted:

Yeah I didnt read about that until after I had given him a bunch, not realizing he ends up getting a bunch of plot characters that are apparently way better and that you are forced to use.

You should definitely be able to switch generic blades either more easily or more often though, overdrives should only be necessary for uniques or whatever. I dunno, give me some other kinda rare item that has the rarity of a common core that like, allows me to move over a generic healer that has a bunch of moves that boost healing skills and has an "ether stat modifier" of 20% onto my actual healer character who would benefit from it way more, and actually use it over my dude who is specced to be a back-attacker or whatever.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Devoyniche posted:

Yeah I didnt read about that until after I had given him a bunch, not realizing he ends up getting a bunch of plot characters that are apparently way better and that you are forced to use.

You should definitely be able to switch generic blades either more easily or more often though, overdrives should only be necessary for uniques or whatever. I dunno, give me some other kinda rare item that has the rarity of a common core that like, allows me to move over a generic healer that has a bunch of moves that boost healing skills and has an "ether stat modifier" of 20% onto my actual healer character who would benefit from it way more, and actually use it over my dude who is specced to be a back-attacker or whatever.

poo poo like this is why I really hope they continue patching the game as it comes out, because it's still pretty rough in places.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Like they should seriously make it so that at least every blade, rare or generic, gave you an overdrive if you max out their affinity

Also man I kinda wish there were a way to speed up merc missions because I’m waiting on my band to come back to do the Theory/Praxis quest

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Man, all this talk on what blade goes where is somewhat worrying me. But I did end up getting Perun today for Rex (Nia has Ursula). I really hope an additional blade slot opens soon, as having access to wind and lightning elements would be a lifesaver in salvaging combo strings.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer

Pollyanna posted:

I really wish they gave us more Overdrives specifically for this reason. :smith: All my rare cores are on Nia and Rex, and the rest of the party really loses out as a result. Plus, they're all assigned to the wrong Driver, argh.

Actually yeah, anyone mind giving me feedback on my current Blade loadouts?

Rex:

• Pyra/Mythra
  • Roc
  • Agate
  • Gorg
  • Boreas
  • Adenine
  • Electra

Nia:

• Dromarch
  • Wulfric
  • Dagas
  • Perun
  • Azami
  • Ursula

Four:

• Brighid
  • Sheba

Five:

• Pandoria

No real though went into who goes where, because you basically can't control that (which really ticks me off). I have a couple Overdrives left over from after I realized they were expendable :suicide: I'm thinking maybe put Adenine on Nia and Wulfric on Five?

adenine is trash, don't put her on anyone.

also, If you actually care about the endgame, keep an eye on your common blades. they can way better skill synergy than any rare blade. if you get a common blade with 3 attack skills like extra damage from the front, extra damage at Max affinity and extra damage at full HP it is going to absolutely demolish everything in the game. I was killing uniques 20 levels above me with some of these.

edit: another thing to think about : the best damage accessory in the game boosts damage if your blade is of the opposite gender. so it's a good thing to plan on using that, and Tora always makes full use of it.

nerdz fucked around with this message at 21:57 on Dec 16, 2017

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Well. I've spent some time mulling my thoughts around after I beat this last night so here are some random opinions about stuff not in any particular order.

I had alot of fun with the games core system, it felt satisfying getting combo strings off and such, but the AI seemed really, really inconsistent in helping you set up combos that made some fights needlessly frustrating. I could go entire fights without my party members EVER using a break move (I've been paying attention to make sure it's not just getting resisted) which leaves me unable to set up a gigantic combo with Topple - > Zenobia +topple damage attack - > Zenobia Launch. But in others they'll set up a combo string immediately leaving me unable to actually have the time to do anything with it. I wish you could slow time down and directly order a party member to change blades and to a specific art at the cost of 1 chain attack bar or something.

I didn't like how even trash fights felt like they could take forever, especially if more things join in the fray. This is doubly frustrating when you have things like Scout type enemies who run away so fast I have literally no idea how you're supposed to reasonably stop them with how slow you move most of the time. From Chapter 7 onwards I skipped as much combat as I was able to because it's not fun spending 3-5mins on individual trash fights, especially since the xp and loot value of individual fights outside uniques/bosses tends to suck.

Everything about Chapter 7's dungeon was loving trash, not really going to say much more on that but it was when the game really started pissing me off.

This is beating a dead horse so I'll be brief but the Gacha crap was stupid and I seriously cannot believe that they weren't intended as microtransactions at some point in development. Not only is it just not fun to open up a million cores hoping to get something, I feel it sort of hurts the game story wise since the party going through an army's worth of cores and then destroying them without caring when you're supposed to view Blades as people is really bizarre. I got lucky and got Zenobia pretty early and she carried me throughout most of the game since her damage output is absolutely absurd. I would have cared less if you chose who to bond the core to after seeing its contents or if (big spoilers)Rex awakening as the Master Driver allowed him to mix and match EVERYONES cores around, not just other peoples onto him.

Ending stuff: The last boss was a pretty big dissapointment. It wasn't terribly challenging and as a fight itself they somehow made fighting a gigantic mech boring. His attacks outside his instant death attack are bland and it really just didn't 'feel' like a last boss. I half expected to fight the 'real' boss after.

Oh and all the name changes were stupid and pointless and I have no idea why they did it. People buying this game weren't going to light their switch on fire if they saw the name "Yoshitsune" instead of "Arkhos"

Overall I have alot of problems with the game but it was good enough that I still put upwards of 60~ hours into it so it had to have done SOMETHING right. Hoping they continue to patch it and address alot of the UI issues and such. Maybe increase the gacha rates a tad bit.

edit: Also I dunno where all the hate for Adenine comes from. Maybe she's really bad in the late game but she was the first rare blade I got and her being able to pseudo-stun with her arts cancel bonus attack would deal a ton of damage. I put a +auto attack damage on Rex when I used her and she felt very strong.

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
The real prize on common blades is the Orb Master skill, which at max rank puts the blade's orb on enemies 100% if the blade is involved in any step of a blade combo. It's grossly overpowered because it can help you build 8-orb chain attacks about three times as fast.

If you have a ton of rare blades that ended up on the "wrong" characters, you're probably better off releasing them and rerolling. For example, you could try to release all your rare Healers (and only them) and then constantly resonate with Nia until she collects all the healers herself.

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Oh and all the name changes were stupid and pointless and I have no idea why they did it. People buying this game weren't going to light their switch on fire if they saw the name "Yoshitsune" instead of "Arkhos"

Because in many cases the localization conveys the intended meaning of the original name (or a suitably analogous reference) to a non-weeaboo audience? Like "Homura" doesn't mean anything to me, but "Pyra" definitely means "fire." Or sometimes the changes tie in with the choice of local accents on the different Titans. "Mor Ardain" comes from the Scots Gaelic word for pride.

Zoran fucked around with this message at 22:13 on Dec 16, 2017

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Zoran posted:

If you have a ton of rare blades that ended up on the "wrong" characters, you're probably better off releasing them and rerolling. For example, you could try to release all your rare Healers (and only them) and then constantly resonate with Nia until she collects all the healers herself.

That sounds like a gigantic waste of time

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

They made a system where getting hits from the Skinner box is a fundamentally unpleasant experience where you think "I'm going to have to sit through that cutscene again and possibly have to sort through a bunch of procedurally generated abilities". It's a system that makes you worry that your choices are permanently screwing up your builds while at the same time your choices don't actually matter because who gets what is entirely random. Generic blades can be more powerful than uniques but dealing with them means sorting through reams of computer-generated nonsense.

How to fix the gameplay in Xenoblade 2:

1. There's now a finite number of blades: the ~30 uniques and a generic for each of the 7 weapons/elements. Core crystals now all come from quests. Some of them are fixed while others are still random.
2. All blades other than each character's default (Pyra, Dromach...) are held in a common pool and can be assigned to any driver. This could be fluffed as them all being equipped to Rex and being transferred through Aegis bullshit. It would also explain why no one else ever uses more than one blade, what the blades are doing on merc missions, and cover up that Vandam dies.
3. All blades count for skill checks regardless of whether they're equipped (no more skill tetris)
4. Merc missions only take three blades but give twice the reward (less micromanagement, easier to focus up a single blade)
5. Core chips are gone (it's just a tax on switching blades), and what blades are equipped to a driver and what aux chips they use are now handled via a single character equip screen like
Blade1 Aux1 Aux2
Blade2 Aux1 Aux2
Blade3 Aux1 Aux2

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

Andrast posted:

It's more useful to do as you go along. Like for Polyanna, above, who was basically out of good rare blades to stick on later party members: release some of your seven attackers so that #5 has a decent chance of collecting some, instead of desperately rolling over and over again for the last three or so in the deck.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Andrast posted:

I would love to hear the dev's logic on this kind of stuff, especially when an alternative could have been "just let them switch freely like it was a persona or something instead of having to relapse into the gatcha rolls"

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

MechaX posted:

I would love to hear the dev's logic on this kind of stuff, especially when an alternative could have been "just let them switch freely like it was a persona or something instead of having to relapse into the gatcha rolls"

"Gacha is popular, some of our devs like gacha games, why not put gacha in our game? :downs:"

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Microcline posted:

They made a system where getting hits from the Skinner box is a fundamentally unpleasant experience where you think "I'm going to have to sit through that cutscene again and possibly have to sort through a bunch of procedurally generated abilities". It's a system that makes you worry that your choices are permanently screwing up your builds while at the same time your choices don't actually matter because who gets what is entirely random. Generic blades can be more powerful than uniques but dealing with them means sorting through reams of computer-generated nonsense.

How to fix the gameplay in Xenoblade 2:

1. There's now a finite number of blades: the ~30 uniques and a generic for each of the 7 weapons/elements. Core crystals now all come from quests. Some of them are fixed while others are still random.
2. All blades other than each character's default (Pyra, Dromach...) are held in a common pool and can be assigned to any driver. This could be fluffed as them all being equipped to Rex and being transferred through Aegis bullshit. It would also explain why no one else ever uses more than one blade, what the blades are doing on merc missions, and cover up that Vandam dies.
3. All blades count for skill checks regardless of whether they're equipped (no more skill tetris)
4. Merc missions only take three blades but give twice the reward (less micromanagement, easier to focus up a single blade)
5. Core chips are gone (it's just a tax on switching blades), and what blades are equipped to a driver and what aux chips they use are now handled via a single character equip screen like
Blade1 Aux1 Aux2
Blade2 Aux1 Aux2
Blade3 Aux1 Aux2

Yeah aside from the baffling choice to have a gacha system in the first place, it takes some real bad decisions to make pulling a rare blade on an unit feel bad.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
Do your equipped blade’s skill buffs apply to you at all times, or only when you’re using them?

Specifically:

Core chips? Accessories?

The passive abilities they’re born with?

Weapon upgrades?

This game is so complicated it could really have used an in-game glossary or something.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

Pollyanna posted:

"Gacha is popular, some of our devs like gacha games, why not put gacha in our game? :downs:"

After release: "We were so preoccupied with whether or not we could, we didn't stop to think if we should."

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Neat quest “whereabouts unknown”. Go to a level 35-40 zone, do 35-40 activities, ends with a mandatory kill a level 91 enemy. Maybe dont let somebody in chapter 5 do that one?

Barudak fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Dec 16, 2017

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

I thought that using a Justice booster would raise my overall justice level, but apparently it's a temporary boost :|

atholbrose
Feb 28, 2001

Splish!

Barudak posted:

Neat quest “whereabouts unknown”. Go to a level 35-40 zone, do 35-40 activities, ends with a mandatory kill a level 91 enemy. Maybe dont let somebody in chapter 5 do that one?

Let me guess: you didn't run away when given the chance...

Doc V
Mar 20, 2010

Barudak posted:

You only have to hit it like 5 times, then you get a prompt to run away and continue the quest without killing it.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
I kinda wish this game was on PC, simply because you'd probably be able to edit an ini file to give yourself 99 overdrives to take care of the way the Blade system works (at loving you over).

Zore posted:

Maybe it was the accessories? I have the +50% chance to double auto-attack one and the health regen on crits. Roc has a base 74% chance to crit with the weapon I had so...

It made Roc a rockstar for the last chunk of the game for me as Rex was functionally immortal if he was out.

:stare:

I think the highest I've gotten someone so far (end of chapter 7) is 40% crit rate from a core chip. I haven't used Roc much (Zenobia's also wind element and hits significantly harder) but maybe I should...

nerdz posted:

adenine is trash, don't put her on anyone.

Adenine was the 2nd blade I ever pulled on Rex. I still use her at times because she has an item drop rate boost.

Her Blowdown uppercut move was really handy early on too. I still cannot cancel her skills or autoattacks more than 50% of the time though. Roc and Zenobia took no time at all to get used to.

mabels big day
Feb 25, 2012

(Sidequest core question) So for the fief of forgetfulness salvage spot, is there a trick to getting the "greedy monster" to spawn?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Zoran posted:

Because in many cases the localization conveys the intended meaning of the original name (or a suitably analogous reference) to a non-weeaboo audience? Like "Homura" doesn't mean anything to me, but "Pyra" definitely means "fire." Or sometimes the changes tie in with the choice of local accents on the different Titans. "Mor Ardain" comes from the Scots Gaelic word for pride.

The problem lies in that they didn't really keep the same meaning with alot of the name changes. The Arkhos/Yoshitsune one is one of the biggest offenders.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I just realized I have no idea what the point of Poppi's skill tree is. The first three are all "determined by poppiswap" but don't say if they get better, nor do they tell you which part of poppiswap effects them or loving anything. I actually don't understand at all.

mabels big day posted:

(Sidequest core question) So for the fief of forgetfulness salvage spot, is there a trick to getting the "greedy monster" to spawn?

Yeah, the greedy monster doesn't spawn there for one. It spawns on the salvage spot on the other side of the gate at dock 2 or whatever it's called.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

mabels big day posted:

You're in the wrong area.

Use the key from the fief to open the gate neat dock #2. Go through the gate and turn left. The salvage point is called Near Chasnegh Wastes or whatever that area is called. Also, you bought the thing from the informant, right? It literally says the monster is at Chasnegh Wastes. This isn't the first post that I've seen with someone wondering why they can't find that monster at the Fief of Forgetfulness, I'm wondering where that misinformation is coming from?

Microcline
Jul 27, 2012

Zoran posted:

The localization is a mixed bag. Many of them, like Kagatsuchi -> Brighid, are arguably better than the original. With some of them, like Seiryu/Byakko/Suzaku/Genbu -> Azurda/Dromach/Roc/Genbu there's really no good option because there's no equivalent western concept.

Then you have things like Grail -> Aegis. The grail is immediately recognizable to a western player as something that

1. Is an artifact of immense power with links to the creator and ender of the world
2. Is repeatedly found, hidden, and lost again
3. Has bands of knights (drivers) questing and fighting each other for it
4. Is sometimes a girl (Takahashi has used the Rennes-le-Château hoax as inspiration before)

It only makes sense if you need to cut references to Christianity, but this is a Xeno game so people are disappointed when you don't have cutscene Jesus or a shadowy figure talking about the -time- of the -gospel-.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
What the gently caress is happening Malos just yelled (chapter 7) Monado Cyclone and my penis went rock hard

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.

Microcline posted:

It only makes sense if you need to cut references to Christianity, but this is a Xeno game so people are disappointed when you don't have cutscene Jesus or a shadowy figure talking about the -time- of the -gospel-.

My favorite way of describing Xenosaga to someone is "Space Jesus gets to beat up the Space Pope in a giant robot."

I mean I really shouldn't have to spoiler tag this (Xenoblade 2) but the moment you see Amalthus or "Xenoblade 2's Pope", your brain instantly goes to "this guy will either be the final boss or penultimate encounter". Aaaand what do you know I'm right.