Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
AirRaid
Dec 21, 2004

Nose Manual + Super Sonic Spin Attack
It's almost as if the automated system isn't programmed to recognise public holidays.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I willed too hard again...
The hardest part of the game isn't beating a raid boss on time or finding that elusive one missing on your list. It's deciding whether to spend time with your family or collect a digital cat monster.

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

AirRaid posted:

It's almost as if the automated system isn't programmed to recognise public holidays.
It would also be stupidly easily to program in exception dates, especially for a major family-centered holiday celebrated around the world.

Everyone was out and about today and I've ended up doing 5 Groudon raids. He's got a low catch rate but his animations are pretty forgiving compared to the other legendaries; no jumping attack and hardly any back to back animations. I was scoring more excellent throws than I've been able to on any other raid.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Got me a lv25 Groudon. Hells yeah thanks sunshine.

Bear Retrieval Unit
Nov 5, 2009

Mudslide Experiment
Ex passes went out to same gym and same group of kids for the third time. Cool.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

Maybe you should be more like that group of kids. Copy them down to the clothes they wear.

Everyone in my town is getting EX passes because we are seriously one of the most prolific towns to play in the area. People from other towns come over all the time because their towns are dead and no one raids. It's nice though when they hop on a raid party and they're super excited to do more than 1 at a time and also be guaranteed more balls because we have enough to divide raid groups up into team color.

The town right next to us is larger but is mostly dead because players from there say a core elite clique uses Telegram to communicate instead of Discord and they refuse to let people in both in their chats and raids if random/casual players show up.

yo5ty
Jun 12, 2007
Anyone gettin' a Mewtwo for Christmas?

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
In my city, most EX-passes seem to be handed out in a park that is not very central at all, because a very active raiding community happens to live around this park and it has like 6-8 gyms in a small space. By now the whole city has figured this out and goes there to raid, instead of to the largest and most central park. Parks outside of the top 3 of most frequented parks never seem to get any passes, at least not the ones near me.

Lots of people seem to have anecdotal evidence to indicate that raiding a particular gym with large groups of many different accounts during a week attracts EX-passes to that gym (if it's in a park), so it might be worth a try to organize that if your area doesn't get any passes.

Entropist fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Dec 17, 2017

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer

yo5ty posted:

Anyone gettin' a Mewtwo for Christmas?

I am! My wife and I did our first raid in like, 2 weeks and happened to both get one.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Hey I finally caught my first Legendary!

Grouton's pretty badass-looking.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

I was 0/4 on this bastard before I finally caught one. My worst start to any legendary yet.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

did two groudon raids at two gyms that are like 30 feet from each other, caught both and the second one had 15/14/15 ivs. well i guess i don't need to do any more groudon raids :v:

LionArcher
Mar 29, 2010

financially racist posted:

did two groudon raids at two gyms that are like 30 feet from each other, caught both and the second one had 15/14/15 ivs. well i guess i don't need to do any more groudon raids :v:

I’m 3of 4 with my second one being a 96% and my first being a 91%. I’ll do 3 more to have a whole squad. Also, second ex raid pass for Monday :dance: I️ didn’t catch it the first time :(

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

Das Doppelganger posted:

Kevin Spacey is Keyser Soze

gently caress you dude! I'm not even reading articles cause I wont get to see it till Tuesday!

Das Doppelganger
Dec 22, 2012

Solvent posted:

gently caress you dude! I'm not even reading articles cause I wont get to see it till Tuesday!

Wat?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

There's a star wars spoiler in the post the guy's responding to.

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
Three months of doing sponsored raids and nothing.

A friend of mine got her co-worker to play with her. Got her up to level 15. Does one sponsored raid and gets a pass.

Paul.Power
Feb 7, 2009

The three roles of APCs:
Transports.
Supply trucks.
Distractions.

flatluigi posted:

To be fair, they may be lying.

I have some friends who went to a screening of Return of the King with FRODO DIES T-shirts, to see who hadn't read the book.

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

Cowslips Warren posted:

I'd like to issue a thank you to parents with kids at raids, who actually pay attention to the kids. And to the parents who ignore their kids, including not seeing them run into the parking lot, or plain not caring when the kid is in the raid, not actively playing, and bothering the other players, gently caress the gently caress off. I swear the next kid over 5 who grabs me and demands to know if I have a Mewtwo is....well nothing will happen save me backing the gently caress away because as irritating as some kids are, they aren't doing it to be bastards. Most of the time.

The little ten year old fucker tonight though, who kept wandering away from his dad and not raiding despite being in the raid, and wouldn't shut up when we were trying to catch the beast, kept rattling off all kinds of stats and this legendary in this gen and this and this and.....even the teacher in the raid group was getting irritated.

This poo poo drives me nuts. There's one couple that just screams "GET THE gently caress OUT OF THE ROAD" at their small kids. I finally told them not to scream swear words at their children and keep them out of traffic if they wanted to stay on Discord. They just don't go to raids if I'm there now.

There have been days where I planned to go for hours, but I took my kid and he got bored or grumpy or hungry or whatever. I just stopped raiding. If I can do it...

Dr Tran
Dec 17, 2002

HE'S GOT A PH.D. IN
KICKING YOUR ASS!
One of the moms I play with is always angry about having to do mom stuff instead of being able to play.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

Dr Tran posted:

One of the moms I play with is always angry about having to do mom stuff instead of being able to play.

Saw one parent out yesterday for a Groudon. They was dual-devicing for their son because they was napping.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
I'm getting a bit tired of my neighbourhood being infested with uncatchable super-Weedles whenever it is cloudy (poison) or raining (bug), i.e. all the time...

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
Woot. 2/2 on Groupon now. Not as good as the weather-boosted one from yesterday, but kinda stoked I have my first two legendaries in as many days.

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

Entropist posted:

I'm getting a bit tired of my neighbourhood being infested with uncatchable super-Weedles whenever it is cloudy (poison) or raining (bug), i.e. all the time...

Why tho? They cost only 12 to evolve so they're the new pidgey/caterpie/weedle for mass lucky egg evolves.

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.
True, but they jump out of curved normal balls a LOT when they have a weather-boosted high level.

And at level 40 I don't really feel the need to mass evolve any more :v:

Das Doppelganger
Dec 22, 2012

flatluigi posted:

So...he quoted the wrong person...with no context....telling them gently caress You.

**golf clap**

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I know there's a huge fire near LA and all, but the wind current sweeping through the entire state is making our weather status "EXTREME" because of the fire hazard condition it makes...300 miles away. Thank you for including all of California in this, we are a very small and not long state indeed.

TheMaestroso
Nov 4, 2014

I must know your secrets.

Willsun posted:

I know there's a huge fire near LA and all, but the wind current sweeping through the entire state is making our weather status "EXTREME" because of the fire hazard condition it makes...300 miles away. Thank you for including all of California in this, we are a very small and not long state indeed.

:same:

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Yep, been extreme all weekend in the Sac area.

voodoorootbeer
Nov 8, 2004

We may have years, we may have hours, but sooner or later we push up flowers.
Kind of thinking that every mon you manage to catch in EXTREME WEATHER should get awarded Squirtle Squad Sunglasses.

Willsun
Dec 9, 2006

I knew the red flag warning was going to be instated from 10pm Friday until 10am today and true to its word, extreme status was lifted and I got to do 3 Groudon raids with sunny weather. Like 20 minutes after my last one was when the extreme weather status came back on so I'm happy I snuck some in at the right time.

Also roll out the other gen 3 Pokemon drat you. I guess maybe when Groudon's done and we get Kyogre?

Solvent
Jan 24, 2013

by Hand Knit

Das Doppelganger posted:

John Snow is really a Targaryen

I did that on my phone.

Snoke is an ancillary character that was going to probably die anyways.

Also, gently caress you for low effort trolling in an unrelated thread

Solvent fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Dec 18, 2017

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Willsun posted:

Also roll out the other gen 3 Pokemon drat you. I guess maybe when Groudon's done and we get Kyogre?

This is probably what's gonna happen TBH

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Oh wow, it's foggy as hell this morning, time to catch some different stuff!

...Oh, never mind, it's considered "extreme" because there's a local Dense Fog Advisory! :v:

It's important for ghost and dark-types to not follow other pokemon too closely when driving in the fog.

LumpyGumby
Feb 22, 2012

"Here's the world famous hockey player sitting in the penalty box for slashing..."
-Snoopy Brown
42g - 65a - 107pts
106gp - 317PIMS
So uh, no delibird yet huh?

Kay.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar

LumpyGumby posted:

So uh, no delibird yet huh?

Kay.

Probably a Christmas surprise, it's not shocking they haven't released it yet.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Yeah, I would anticipate Delibird either right around Christmas or not for a long while.

SeXTcube
Jan 1, 2009

I don't even care about the abilities, just give me that bird and monkey(or whatever Smeargle is) already. Not like they're going to rank in the meta I just want to fill that gap.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Just happened across my second ever Legendary raid with an actual group of people there to take it down with. Didn't catch the fucker, though. Ah well. Back to taking down the 1 and 2 bowser raids solo I guess.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

The fog advisory lifted, then I got cloudy weather for a bit and caught my first Meditite!

Man, the extreme weather alerts really nerf the spawn rates.

• Locked thread