Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I too want to know how to get to Uraya’s blowhole

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Calaveron posted:

I too want to know how to get to Uraya’s blowhole

last fast travel waypoint in the head

also whoever was complaining about quests not telling you who you need in your party, open up the quest int he quest menu

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Yeah gently caress whereabouts unknown. Ive died 6 times to this dinosaur and it never changes objective and wont let me escape once I get close. I just get trapped until I die.

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Dawn Hydrangeas, where

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
I really want a list of all unique enemies in the game. I saw some Google docs bring created, but none with this. Are there any already? I want to kill all of them.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

nerdz posted:

how to fix the crystal issue: remove the gacha, remove common blades, scatter the rare blades inside treasure chests, unique monsters and side quests around the world in a sensible and balanced way. it's crazy how they already did all of these good alternate ways to get blades and still thought the gacha was a good idea

Or make Legendary cores guarantee a rare blade and once you have all the rare blades they only give 4* commons (which can be crazy powerful if you're lucky).

Pollyanna posted:

So I just noticed something. Xenoblade X spoilers: Is it just me, or do the Indolians look similar to Elma's true form? With the double-eyebrows, blue-ish skin, and pointy ears. If this actually is a thing tho then don't spoil it :ohdear:

I said it previously as a semi-joke, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if XCX ends up being revealed as a prequel to XC1 and XC2. The reason for things like Nopons in XC1? Because they existed on Mira. Same with the Telethia and other similarities.

Yes it's insane, but it's also not as insane as other Xeno games so that makes it plausible. :colbert:

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Barudak posted:

Yeah gently caress whereabouts unknown. Ive died 6 times to this dinosaur and it never changes objective and wont let me escape once I get close. I just get trapped until I die.

I just attacked it a few times and did combat as normal and I got a cutscene after 30 seconds or so (maybe less). I'm also level 50-ish though so it wasn't able to just insta-kill me.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I finally get a rare blade on Five aaaaaaaaaand it's Floren. :downs:

I really wish they gave us more Overdrive Protocols.

CORN NOG
Sep 25, 2003

eh, better than wadded beef i guess?

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I just realized I have no idea what the point of Poppi's skill tree is. The first three are all "determined by poppiswap" but don't say if they get better, nor do they tell you which part of poppiswap effects them or loving anything. I actually don't understand at all.

My best guess is this is what the “specials enhancing RAM” slots do, but i don’t know how that ties in with her affinity chart. Like, does filling higher slots on her skill tree increase the effect of those parts? If so, by how much?

Why is so much in this game needlessly opaque/poorly explained :(

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

CORN NOG posted:

Why is so much in this game needlessly opaque/poorly explained :(

It wouldn't be Xenoblade if it wasn't overcomplicated and stupid.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Evil Fluffy posted:

I said it previously as a semi-joke, but I honestly wouldn't be surprised if XCX ends up being revealed as a prequel to XC1 and XC2. The reason for things like Nopons in XC1? Because they existed on Mira. Same with the Telethia and other similarities.

Yes it's insane, but it's also not as insane as other Xeno games so that makes it plausible. :colbert:

It's not even close to possible.

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

Evil Fluffy posted:

Or make Legendary cores guarantee a rare blade and once you have all the rare blades they only give 4* commons (which can be crazy powerful if you're lucky).

Bets on XCX is actually Xenoblade Chronicles Ten. Also it's more likely that XC1 world and XCX are linked and not XC2 and XCX based on the numerous references to XC1 and zero references to XCX in XC2.

VanillaGorilla
Oct 2, 2003

Finally beat it tonight. On the whole, a really good game - but one that is a lot more uneven than the first from a design standpoint. Too many points where they take agency away from the player by removing or shuffling party members, loving with your blade setups, etc.

While the core story was good, I also felt less compelled to really do much of any side content in this one, too. Treasure didn't really feel meaningful, for the most part, which kind of dampens exploration to a certain extent. Would have been nice to keep actual equipment in the game. Side quests were boring, and weren't quite as conveniently implemented as XC1.

But despite all that, definitely the best RPG of the year, and the scope was incredible.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Hahahahah, it turns out you can just speak to one Nopon over and over and grind out the Nopon Wisdom conditions on anybody.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

I'm enjoying this game immensely and slooooowly getting a handle on all the mechanics and stuff. What I'm having trouble with is Poppi.

I just got to Ch 5, Tora has his second Blade and her primary element is redundant. I have more than enough fire dudes running around. I got the brilliant idea to play a bunch of Tiger Tiger to get the Ether to change second Blade's element, since hey that's a thing you can do, right? Game tells me I need a Technical Manual to do it. I have no idea what that is nor where to get one.

I also had some trouble modding an Art for her. Poppi a has an ability that absorbs a certain amount of damage. I got another copy of that and thought I would give it to QT, but the game "helpfully" informed me that art "can't be used in this mode." Ok so I figured maybe she needs a Tank mod? I made one and nope, game won't let me apply that either.

Basically how do I Poppi?!

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
gently caress, of the 3 gacha blades left I still need kosmos :( .

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
I assume speaking to Noppon Merchants repeatedly counts towards Nopan Wisdom?

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG

Pollyanna posted:

Hahahahah, it turns out you can just speak to one Nopon over and over and grind out the Nopon Wisdom conditions on anybody.

Wh-what??

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Tae posted:

I assume speaking to Noppon Merchants repeatedly counts towards Nopan Wisdom?

Any Nopon.

Same for gormotti or ardanians.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

I wish JRPGs didn't have a love affair with keeping combat systems locked away until 20 hours in. The combat was pretty dull at first but now it's starting to get genuinely fun with the blade switching, and stance combos. I hope I get someone to replace tora soon, poppi is fine but I'm not sure she's worth not being able to interact with the blade system and playing tiger tiger a billion times. They should have at least just made the parts cost ether and have the slots tied to affinity progress.

[e] I wasted 30 minutes playing tiger tiger only to find out I can't even make the elemental cores without hunting down tech manuals. Like, that's not even that big of a deal to add the extra step.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

Pollyanna posted:

loving what?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
You get a second tank in chapter 4 (or early 5).

Also, press Y at the parts section for Poppi and you can sell excess parts for Ether.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
Also the part manual for Poppi's elements is in Chapter 6, behind a locked door in the Tantal capital. Needs Ancient Wisdom and Super Strength to get in.

Poppi QT is also weirdly limited elementally, though Poppi A isn't.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

There must be some hidden trigger that causes higher level stuff to show up in old areas. A few days ago I was running around tantal after I had beaten the story and everything was the same level, but I go there tonight and there are level 80-110 enemies added in.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

whooops wrong thread

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

brand engager posted:

There must be some hidden trigger that causes higher level stuff to show up in old areas. A few days ago I was running around tantal after I had beaten the story and everything was the same level, but I go there tonight and there are level 80-110 enemies added in.

It's the weather. If you see one of the special weather conditions happening, there's gonna be some level 80 enemies roaming around.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Where do I sell salvage I find in the Indoline Praetorum? Fonsett?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pollyanna posted:

Where do I sell salvage I find in the Indoline Praetorum? Fonsett?

They go to Goldmouth. The Pouch Item vendors go to Fonsett.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Neddy Seagoon posted:

They go to Goldmouth. The Pouch Item vendors go to Fonsett.

Hah, so I was right - Indoline looked like a place that'd get destroyed at some point. Good to see I saw that coming, at least. Can I not turn in the treasure until then?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Pollyanna posted:

Hah, so I was right - Indoline looked like a place that'd get destroyed at some point. Good to see I saw that coming, at least. Can I not turn in the treasure until then?

It's fine to do so, all the development points get transferred to Fonsett. It's also really obvious something happens to Indol, because there's all of one merc mission for the place.

CORN NOG
Sep 25, 2003

look man, i just want to sell this salvage. i don’t care about that extra booster that somehow can’t fit in the bottomless pockets of my anime JNCOs

just throw it in the trash or something

CORN NOG
Sep 25, 2003

Who should get the inherited core crystal?

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Fusion combos are decent damage (this was launch + level 3 light element) https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DROae_cU8AED-We.jpg:large

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

CORN NOG posted:

Who should get the inherited core crystal?

Its a water cannon attacker so... anyone really. She's pretty good.

I put her on 5.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I just rested at the inn in Garfont, then Tora started yelling something about going to a place where a Blade could help me. I don't know what I'm supposed to do afterwards. Anybody here trigger that event?

Toad King
Apr 23, 2008

Yeah, I'm the best

Pollyanna posted:

I just rested at the inn in Garfont, then Tora started yelling something about going to a place where a Blade could help me. I don't know what I'm supposed to do afterwards. Anybody here trigger that event?
Those usually mean you unlocked a heart-to-heart somewhere nearby.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
This boss fight in Chapter 7 is really obnoxious. It'd be okay if half the fight didn't get dragged over to this stupid hole, so half my healing potions go down the hole, where an ambush of lovely enemies waits. So I am half-fighting the big tough boss and half fighting my A.I. and the weird healing/loot system and I'm doing neither very well.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

8-Bit Scholar posted:

This boss fight in Chapter 7 is really obnoxious. It'd be okay if half the fight didn't get dragged over to this stupid hole, so half my healing potions go down the hole, where an ambush of lovely enemies waits. So I am half-fighting the big tough boss and half fighting my A.I. and the weird healing/loot system and I'm doing neither very well.

The moment the boss aggros just run all the way to the other side of the arena and engage them there so there's no chance of your party members walking into the hole.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Ibram Gaunt posted:

The moment the boss aggros just run all the way to the other side of the arena and engage them there so there's no chance of your party members walking into the hole.

Yeah, I managed that and got the right seal effect on him so it became manageable. Chain attacks really are useful at this stage, soften an enemy up and get elemental bubbles on 'em, then smash those bubbles for huge damage.

EDIT: Oh hell, the double boss after is even worse. Why do I die so quickly...?

8-Bit Scholar fucked around with this message at 07:56 on Dec 17, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CORN NOG
Sep 25, 2003

Okay, so how do i open the gate to get to the factory? Or am i supposed to drop down from the top somehow?