Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
p sure the only thing choco is hiding is his thinning hair. Also dude is prodigiously good at PUBG, his stream is basically a non-stop pubg highlight reel.

How tf did the Dr Disrespect poo poo come out that fast?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
Reddit has it figured out: "Shroud poses as girl, bangs disrespect, destroys his channel, gets more viewers. Ez 4D chess by shrood"

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?

Herstory Begins Now posted:

p sure the only thing choco is hiding is his thinning hair. Also dude is prodigiously good at PUBG, his stream is basically a non-stop pubg highlight reel.

He announced it on stream, I believe.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
ugly crying out of character announcement on stream, even

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/209596628?t=01m21s

GreatGreen
Jul 3, 2007
That's not what gaslighting means you hyperbolic dipshit.
During skydiving, right before you hit the ground in your parachute, airspeed always slows to an excruciatingly slow rate. Is this just how the game works or is there anything that can be done to speed things up here?

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule

Dyz posted:

Dropping in areas with mining/oil structures has worked for me, but you’re pretty exposed on the catwalks.

(North side of Impala, for example)

if you're squadding in Water Treatment it's not the worst idea to send someone to drop on top of the big tanks because it gives one guy an elevated position with good sightlines and two of the tanks give you some cover in the middle. If you're lucky enough to get a winchester or a decent AR you can make things difficult for anyone else who drops with you

SamEyeAm
Jun 6, 2013

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
https://www.facebook.com/797865453567642/videos/1659761887377990/
PUBG gets a mention here.

DoubleT2172
Sep 24, 2007

This is such a load of poo poo people already have data caps and pay more for higher bandwidth even when NN was happening

Ashrik
Feb 9, 2009

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

DoubleT2172 posted:

This is such a load of poo poo people already have data caps and pay more for higher bandwidth even when NN was happening
And soon, we may have the opportunity to pay more for higher bandwidth to individual slices of content, instead of overall. Clearly an improvement. /s

Though it does screw up from implying/saying that stopping NN would create data caps. It's wrong, but I guess I see how someone could think that if they (like I do) live in a place without data caps.

Ashrik fucked around with this message at 21:12 on Dec 16, 2017

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

DoubleT2172 posted:

Careful now. Internet is over remember?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
Things were bad, but the protections were there to keep them from getting worse. And they can, and will, if the repeal doesn't get stopped by all those lawsuits.

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus

flatluigi posted:

Things were bad, but the protections were there to keep them from getting worse. And they can, and will, if the repeal doesn't get stopped by all those lawsuits.

Sure but we were also all supposed to be dead from nuclear fallout months ago and that didn't happen either.

Just play PUBG and be happy!

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
No crashes for me on test client, yesterday or today. Happy times! It's almost like they got those three crash reports I was sending them every day.

Nfcknblvbl
Jul 15, 2002

https://clips.twitch.tv/FaintJazzyKaleTebowing

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

The Slack Lagoon
Jun 17, 2008

I am really bad at shooting in this game and I am usually good at shooting games :(

underage at the vape shop
May 11, 2011

by Cyrano4747

ChesterJT posted:

Sure but we were also all supposed to be dead from nuclear fallout months ago and that didn't happen either.

Just play PUBG and be happy!

Nah dude american coorps being shithouse at any opportunity is a well established fact, but the pubg thread is not the place to discuss it

Herstory Begins Now posted:

Choco is a good example for why all thinning men should just buzz it all off

underage at the vape shop fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Dec 17, 2017

Chard
Aug 24, 2010

GreatGreen posted:

During skydiving, right before you hit the ground in your parachute, airspeed always slows to an excruciatingly slow rate. Is this just how the game works or is there anything that can be done to speed things up here?

I would like to know this as well

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
There is no way around it unless they change the code. My guess is it's an intentional work around to keep people from dying from falling because of speed.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

wait so grimmmz is a fortnite streamer now?

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

wait so grimmmz is a fortnite streamer now?

How prominent is stream sniping?

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

We could try

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Someone shared this in a Discord server I'm in.

https://gfycat.com/RewardingWastefulGourami

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

PunkBoy posted:

Someone shared this in a Discord server I'm in.

https://gfycat.com/RewardingWastefulGourami

Embarrassing, for the guy with the shotgun.

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!

GreatGreen posted:

Yeah this is to keep your legs from breaking. You have to do the same thing with a real chute. Everyone has to do it, so it's at least a shared experience.

I've had friends say they'd like the chance to dive straight into the ground or land harder and take falling damage, but it would suck if every game started with fewer people.

Kind of like how people who don't jump should just be carried off by the plane. Maybe their bodies packed into one of the crates. Would be alright if folks who didn't jump just fell to their death and got no points.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

ILL Machina posted:

Yeah this is to keep your legs from breaking. You have to do the same thing with a real chute. Everyone has to do it, so it's at least a shared experience.

I've had friends say they'd like the chance to dive straight into the ground or land harder and take falling damage, but it would suck if every game started with fewer people.

Kind of like how people who don't jump should just be carried off by the plane. Maybe their bodies packed into one of the crates. Would be alright if folks who didn't jump just fell to their death and got no points.

In Arma 3 BR, you had to manually pull your chute or you’d splat. Also if you were moving to fast in any direction when you landed, you’d die too or take massive damage usually breaking your legs. Any change they make in PUBG will still be too casual.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem
parachute into the flooded city so you can land faster without breaking your legs

for realism's sake, you get tangled in your chute and drown instead

LampkinsMateSteve
Jan 1, 2005

I've really fucked it. Have I fucked it?
Replays are so cool. Watching pro streamers do a commentary on the ending of their last game after the fact is a lot of fun.

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?

LampkinsMateSteve posted:

Replays are so cool. Watching pro streamers do a commentary on the ending of their last game after the fact is a lot of fun.

got any ~fresh links~?

The Mantis
Jul 19, 2004

what is yall sayin?
gently caress I should have said hot links

Slim Mat
Oct 3, 2015
Way back in the late 400s or early 500s of this thread someone requested a video. A magnificent video. That video has been made. You are welcome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zMXaistORJE

I had a lot of fun making this one.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I have been playing a little bit more solo recently trying to get a better feel for the maps, weapons, and controls of the game. I wanted to check something - the bullets do have realistic flight times and parabolic trajectories like in games like ARMA 3, right?

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

No. For example Kar98 bullets move like 100m/s with huge drop, for gameplay purposes.

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot

Ihmemies posted:

No. For example Kar98 bullets move like 100m/s with huge drop, for gameplay purposes.

Geez, so depending on the weapon you need to lead and adjust for elevation a lot more... I had no idea it was on a per-weapon basis too...

ILL Machina
Mar 25, 2004

:italy: Glory to Italia! :italy:

Ayy!! This text is-a the color of marinara! Ohhhh!! Dat's amore!!
Check out WhackyJackie's YouTube channel. He did a lot of empirical work to figure that stuff out. Needless to say, everything could change every patch, but he's usually good about posting updates when they come.

cosmicjim
Mar 23, 2010
VISIT THE STICKIED GOON HOLIDAY CHARITY DRIVE THREAD IN GBS.

Goons are changing the way children get an education in Haiti.

Edit - Oops, no they aren't. They donated to doobie instead.
I saw a steam ad for a f2p game called Warface (what a terrible name) that now has a battle royale mode. Has anyone tried it? I see some reviews saying the game in general is sort of pay to win. Anyone tried it? If to win means 30$ or less and it's good, I might can deal with that, unless the paytowin loot is random.

Ihmemies
Oct 6, 2012

Well usually the p2w games cater for the 0,1% or whatever slice of whales who finance the game, so the experience sucks for 99,9% of others. These days if I even get a whiff about something like that instead of a regular upfront cost I'll just pass the game.

22 Eargesplitten
Oct 10, 2010

Three-Phase posted:

Geez, so depending on the weapon you need to lead and adjust for elevation a lot more... I had no idea it was on a per-weapon basis too...

The KAR is actually more like 780m/s. They do vary by gun, but you can adjust zero with a button. At least you can in live, it seems like they might be limiting that to the 8x scope in test, which is absolutely stupid.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Three-Phase posted:

100m/s is a huge exaggeration of how slow the bullets are.

AKM 715m/s
K98 760m/s
SCAR 870m/s

The only time you're going to be in awe at comically slow projectiles is when trying to hit players at the edge of the render distance with a VSS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the SKS feels pretty damned good on the test server

• Locked thread