Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Sorry kids, no xmas this year.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

tesilential posted:

Has Colby actually said anything racist? I’m a brown minority in America and it’s not at all racist call people “filthy animals” on the mic when thousands of them are chanting “we’re going to kill you and gently caress your mother.”

Brazil is the most racist country in the Western Hemisphere so its weird to me when people defend them on that issue. If anything the racism is insisting the white dude is racist because he said means things about non white people that had nothing do with race.

The dude’s only friend is a brown person lol.

It's racist.
Two wrongs =/= right.

Skip My Posts
Aug 15, 2005

by FactsAreUseless

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's racist.
Two wrongs =/= right.

good to know

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

Are we really discussing whether Colby Covington is a racist or a xenophobe?

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I'm not necessarily proud of this but I'm gonna leave it here anyways.
I'll tell ye one thing Colby Covington is, and that's a goober.

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Josuke Higashikata posted:

It's racist.
Two wrongs =/= right.

I just told you it wasn’t. It’s no more racist than saying Americans are fat. Brazil isn’t a race, it’s a country with a bunch of races where white Brazilians look down on non whites. The vast majority of Brazilians who attend ufc shows are white so I guess Colby hates white people.

Personally I’m all for Brazil getting poo poo on since they poo poo on every non Brazilian that preforms for them except Hendo

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

Poor Lamas. Getting stiffened up by Robocop without the suit and with the voice of a Target assistant manager.

Fartbox
Apr 27, 2017
What's happening? Dri fu an only two? what is this?
Is this an avatar? I don't know rm dunk

Americans are filthy loving fat animals

Bubba Smith
Sep 27, 2004

Is tonight the greatest moment in Dominick Cruz's life?

No.

The greatest moment in my life was realizing that I didn't need a belt to be happy.
colby just sounds like the name of a racist.

mewse
May 2, 2006

El Roncho posted:

Poor Lamas. Getting stiffened up by Robocop without the suit and with the voice of a Target assistant manager.

Terrible analogy. Robocop without the suit is just a brain, some face skin, and possibly lungs.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

mewse posted:

Terrible analogy. Robocop without the suit is just a brain, some face skin, and possibly lungs.

:goonsay:

So sorry bro.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

tesilential posted:

Has Colby actually said anything racist? I’m a brown minority in America and it’s not at all racist call people “filthy animals” on the mic when thousands of them are chanting “we’re going to kill you and gently caress your mother.”

Brazil is the most racist country in the Western Hemisphere so its weird to me when people defend them on that issue. If anything the racism is insisting the white dude is racist because he said means things about non white people that had nothing do with race.

The dude’s only friend is a brown person lol.

seems to me like he doesnt like brazillians .. well neither do lots of ppl in this thread. personally its my favourite country for fighters, they show the most heart, show up to their fights in good shape, and they have the funny style of bushido which compels them to say cool excuses if they lose

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
some of their fighters are just awesome too, aldo, souza, silva, vitor, lyoto noguiera werdum etc. and if it wasnt for the gracie family and their school the sport would still be in the stone age probably

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Bunch of hot takes on race here. I predict great things coming out of this conversation.

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

The Taleb KO was nasty. A true "FINISH HIM!" moment fully taken advantage of.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012
book Covington v Perry so we can finally know wether racism or retardation is the path to becoming a champion

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

I don't care how much you hate Brazilians, there's no excuse for defending Colby Covington

DO YALL WANT A BOXC
Jul 20, 2010

HAHA! WOOOOOOO WOOO!
Fun Shoe
i remember when RDA got his jaw broke by Clay Guida and i thought "wow how is this guy even in the UFC if guida can gently caress him up that bad"

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

For years I just knew him as that dude Jeremy Stephens hit with that ridiculous uppercut.

JaySB
Nov 16, 2006

SquirrelGrip posted:

book Covington v Perry so we can finally know wether racism or retardation is the path to becoming a champion

We aren't allowed to use the R word here.

Neeber
Nov 29, 2007
Pretty sure Mike Perry's a victim of lead poisoning, but what's Colby Covington's excuse?

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Neeber posted:

Pretty sure Mike Perry's a victim of lead poisoning, but what's Colby Covington's excuse?

let's not rule it out just yet

https://twitter.com/ColbyCovMMA/status/942263140460331010

El Roncho
Oct 15, 2006

I find him unimaginative and boring. In interviews and in fighting.

eric
Apr 27, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
RDA vs. Colby for the interim belt should be cool.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

"I AINT DYING! Choo choo motherfucker!"
:toot::birddrugs::toot:

Chael is so much better at this.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Captain Log posted:

Chael got a lecture about hespect while riding in a van while Colby got a boomerang to the face.

(disregarding the TUF scuffle)

Triticum Guzzler
Jun 16, 2002

Captain Log posted:

i agree that he can probably spell the division he fights in

Biafraid
Jan 31, 2008

yeah.

Triticum Guzzler posted:

i agree that he can probably spell the division he fights in

Lmao

Work Friend Keven
Oct 24, 2015

I'M A BIG STUPID IDIOT WHO GETS TRIGGERED FROM THE WORDS SPORTS BALL AND HAS SHIT OPINIONS ABOUT CARD GAMES. ALSO I SAID I WAS GOING TO QUIT HEARTHSTONE OUT OF SPITE OF A TAIWANESE WINNING THE CHAMPIONSHIP SO REPORT ME IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A HS THREAD
Colby Covington got hit in the face by a boomerang and then, despite being a professional fighter, called the cops to complain about boomerang assault. Keven's Verdict: Thumbs Down.

Nierbo
Dec 5, 2010

sup brah?
Colby releases statement on the assault:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vRof0BI0K7A

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

El Roncho posted:

I find him unimaginative and boring. In interviews and in fighting.

Yeah, he's trying real hard but his "controversial" stuff is just sad and kinda desperate.

To be fair, at least he is trying to do something to stand out/get fights.

SquirrelGrip
Jul 4, 2012

Jerusalem posted:

Yeah, he's trying real hard but his "controversial" stuff is just sad and kinda desperate.

To be fair, at least he is trying to do something to stand out/get fights.

haha what? he gets a pass because he uses the twitter alot?

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

eric posted:

RDA vs. Colby for the interim belt should be cool.

I get that lots of people want Woodley to not be champion but at least he defends the loving belt. We don't need yet another interim champion.

Fat Twitter Man
Jan 24, 2007

by R. Guyovich
it’s our fault for telling generic white wrestlers they need to stand out and market themselves. we created Colby Covington.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

SquirrelGrip posted:

haha what? he gets a pass because he uses the twitter alot?

Not in the slightest :confused:

Snowman_McK
Jan 31, 2010
Whatever stupid hot take you have on Covington being the victim of racism, he's a loving idiot, an rear end in a top hat, and spent a round getting outboxed by a 56 year old Damien Maia. There is literally no reason to be on his side in any debate.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Memento posted:

We don't need yet another interim champion.

I just wish they'd get rid of the concept of interim belts entirely.

mewse
May 2, 2006

Jerusalem posted:

I just wish they'd get rid of the concept of interim belts entirely.

Interim belts have a purpose if the real champ is injured or something and will be out a while, not like Conor loving off and doing coke and hookers

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Snowman_McK posted:

Whatever stupid hot take you have on Covington being the victim of racism, he's a loving idiot, an rear end in a top hat, and spent a round getting outboxed by a 56 year old Damien Maia. There is literally no reason to be on his side in any debate.

I think hes really good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

mewse posted:

Interim belts have a purpose if the real champ is injured or something and will be out a while, not like Conor loving off and doing coke and hookers

I honestly think it would be better if an injury was long-term enough just to strip the belt from the holder but guarantee them a title shot when they come back.

• Locked thread