Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Herr Tog posted:

well I never learned synchro poo poo so maybe I will learn it or maybe I don't wanna tango with this game.

i didnt either but i found it pretty intuitive once I did it a few times, way less complicated then it first appears

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Synchro isn't inherently busted, the issue is that there were some pretty busted Synchros released from the very beginning, which kind of spoiled the first impression.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Herr Tog posted:

well I never learned synchro poo poo so maybe I will learn it or maybe I don't wanna tango with this game.

Well then there is always Duel Links

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Yes, come join us in this actually-decent-for-free-to-play actually-decent-YGO game that I'm still going to call a godless hellscape because it's more entertaining that way.

Edit: Just don't spend any actual money on it, the real-money prices are loving absurd. $0.99 for a pack of 3 cards, most of which are probably garbage. Or, if you spend $30, you get a whole 30 packs of garbage, which might include one decent card.

Edit2: I did the math a while back, and for the price of buying a box of one Duel Links set, you could buy two actual physical boxes of Circuit Break packs.

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Dec 9, 2017

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

Edit: Just don't spend any actual money on it, the real-money prices are loving absurd. $0.99 for a pack of 3 cards, most of which are probably garbage. Or, if you spend $30, you get a whole 30 packs of garbage, which might include one decent card.

Edit2: I did the math a while back, and for the price of buying a box of one Duel Links set, you could buy two actual physical boxes of Circuit Break packs.

I actually sold off all my CS:GO guns (oh my god why have the valuations inflated so much since I stopped playing) and bought packs that way. :v:

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Honestly, they throw gems at you at the beginning so as long as you focus on one archetype/set, you can usually get a really decent deck together without too much trouble. Just buy a character's structure deck with your first 500 gems because the deck they start you with is loving garbage. (Legendary Warriors (Joey) is the best general-purpose one, you can still buy the others later. Jaden's in particular is the easiest way you're going to find for a while to cheese 'fusion monster' and 'effect damage' objectives.)

girl dick energy fucked around with this message at 09:34 on Dec 9, 2017

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

MiddleOne posted:

Well then there is always Duel Links

so no synchros in that?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Yet. It's currently up to the GX era in terms of mechanics, but that they added that implies they could go further. (there's also voice lines implying it, but there's voice lines implying a whole lot of stuff that will probably never happen so)

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Herr Tog posted:

so no synchros in that?

Not for another few years I'd imagine. It's on Steam and it's free, check it out.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

I dunno, Duel Links is about a year old (the Japanese version at least) and we're already in GX era. I wouldn't be surprised if we were into 5Ds by this time next year.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I'm a hermaphrodite and my parents (40K nerds) named me Slaanesh, THANKS MOM
ProTip: download the Google Rewards app and lie on surveys to get between $0.10 and $1 in Google Play credit each time; save up and buy packs when they go on sale

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I found it wouldnt talk to me if I lied so I tell the truth and seem to get more surveys now. I do the food run for my staff so I get to tell google I go to Mcdonalds everyday and it gives me 20 cents.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Well, now that is a way to use Lady of the Lake

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQFiVQODo4c

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

"Links will decrease the spammy nature of the game and slow it down slightly"

HAH

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Dark_Tzitzimine fucked around with this message at 07:40 on Dec 11, 2017

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Rigged Death Trap posted:

"Links will decrease the spammy nature of the game and slow it down slightly"

HAH

To be fair, Konami never said that. It was just speculation by the fanbase.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Number 5: Death Chimera Dragon is having an actual release.

A card we never saw, who we got the Chaos version of, and several years after Zexal finished.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised after Cosmo Blazar Dragon but still, this is unexpected.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Unlimited Dark Hole? What the gently caress kind of format is going on in real Yu-Gi-Oh right now???

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

PMush Perfect posted:

Unlimited Dark Hole? What the gently caress kind of format is going on in real Yu-Gi-Oh right now???

The same kind we've been in for years:

1) Pendulums go to extra when destroyed.
2) Most boss monsters have some kind of immunity.
3) Most monsters period either float or have an on-destruction effect or do something in the graveyard.

Honestly I'm surprised it took this long to unlimit Dark Hole.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

PMush Perfect posted:

Floating and immunity effects just went completely off the loving rails after the release of Shark and Castel and it just got worse and worse during Arc-V's format. If Konami had been smart they'd have realized that they a real long-term design problem on their hands right around the time they banned Qliphoth Tower but instead they doubled down. It has pretty much been a non-stop arms-race between removal, immunity/floating and negation ever since.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Duel Links metagame needs fixing. A second Lava Golem and Temple of the Mind's Eye made degenerate burn/zero interactivity decks the norm. The game needs MST/Twin Twisters/Breaker the Magic Swordsman/Stratos, and maybe limits on poo poo like Macromorph... Dakini to 1 would also be nice while we're at it. Floodgate to 2 maybe?

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I've got a friend who plays Harpies mostly as a goof/because they like Mai and realized it's actually really good antimeta.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

It doesn't even have to be about board-wipes being weak, OCG still has 0 Raigeki so 3 Dark Hole is basically the same amount of board-wipes TCG had forever until last banlist.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
I'm really looking forward for when the TCG finally unbans Harpie's Feather Duster

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

PMush Perfect posted:

I've got a friend who plays Harpies mostly as a goof/because they like Mai and realized it's actually really good antimeta.

I would give that a go except I don't have the Hunting Ground skill and my Mai's level 40 so I don't feel motivated to grind her.

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I'm really looking forward for when the TCG finally unbans Harpie's Feather Duster

I could finally use those Gryphon Wings! :buddy:

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Skull Servants deck coming to Duel Links get hype all you skeleton fans

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Hjalmar posted:

:woop:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Hjalmar posted:

Holy poo poo best news ever.

Also I might have jumped on the Mind's Eye degeneracy train. Having a meta where Neo-spacian Glow Moss is not only viable but a core card was simple too much for me to pass up on.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Like seriously guys on behalf of the anti-fun police.

Your p2w deck can get bent, I have Glow Moss. :v:

EDIT: Pictured: A sane and healthy meta

MiddleOne fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Dec 17, 2017

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

They really spread themselves thin with Bonz's zombie stuff, huh. All we got for Skull Servants are two Kings and the vanillas, but they also gave him Ghostricks (none of the good ones, one copy of Scare) and generic Zombies with Regenerating Mummy and a single copy of Zombie World.

I'm not sure how you'd go about making a good Skull Servant deck. Gozuki, Samurai Skull and Painful Decision help fill your graveyard but it's a lot of work to get a maximum 4k beatstick. I guess we'll be waiting for the other Wights before this deck can really be viable. Too bad.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
Yeah I really don't get why certain basic archetypes are so spread thin in Duel Links, even accounting for the smaller card pool and them only being around for about a year

Super Waffle
Sep 25, 2007

I tried putting together a gravekeepers deck and got real sad when I realized that necrovalley isn't in the game :saddowns:

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Man Ghosttricks are almost comically unplayable as anything but beatsticks.

Skeleton Mom
Aug 11, 2008

Gravekeepers were great a year ago, but power creep makes them strictly inferior to an easier-to-build deck like Naturia or Sacred Phoenix or even Six Sams.

They teased non-Yami Marik Ishtar at the end of the latest event, so with any luck we'll eventually get him with more Gravekeepers and a skill that lets you open with Necrovalley.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

I'm still playing BEWD because Kaiba

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I am playing Six Sams with Joey.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

Six Sams with Joey is real fun. In the usual Duel Links fashion the archetype is strong because of cards you've never heard of like Shien's Chancellor and Hand of the Six Samurai.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
i've heard of those cards, but mostly cause six sams is probably the best deck you can build in YWC 2011 for grinding wins...which i did

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

Seeing Naturia without Synchros is surreal.