Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ntan1
Apr 29, 2009

sempai noticed me
Rex and friends seriously need to stop their juice addiction.

They've just downed about 1000 juices each.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Calaveron posted:

Chapter 8, go to Tora’s house. To build a powerful new chassis that can manipulate the very energies of reality and channel them into an elemental fury you will need 10 of an item that is super simple to get with gold cylinders in less than 3 minutes. To weave the bikini leotard covering said chassis however you will need a variety of incredibly rare items, some that don’t even exist in the world and good luck with that

Awesome, got her and celebrated by murdering about a dozen of the gold chip-dropping monsters, though only half or so dropped chips (which was still enough to have 3 for Tora (because they are tanking chips) and one for Rex/Nia). One dropped a crit V aux core instead of a gold chip after a chain attack, too but I'm not going to complain about an aux core that gives 20% crit rate. Those enemies also drop an accessory that boosts XP from monster kills by 50% (and the accessory that boosts damage against higher level enemies). I didn't notice until I was almost finished but when you're doing chain attacks and getting 10k+ xp per kill, another 50% on top of that is just comical.

Sitting at level 60-61 now and after resting at the inn for the first time in probabably 20+ hours of gameplay I see everyone has 270-300k rest exp to spend. Guess I didn't need to kill enemies for a couple levels after all. :stare:

(not going to spend the XP yet because I'd be horribly overleveled considering the last boss I fought was maybe level 60)

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

mabels big day posted:

I don't know if I suck at the combat or if the enemies I'm struggling against are bullshit. I was fighting a monster called Confiscater Jimmy and even though I was 7 levels higher he was kicking my rear end with heal block abilities and other stuff. I just barely managed to finish him off after a chain attack with a special right before he landed a finishing blow on me, but it took me way too many tries.

Also it would be nice if I didn't have to be the one to run around picking up the healing potions because Nia won't for some reason

If they have a regular human-sounding name like that they are a unique enemy, which are far stronger.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Got em with AOEs+chain stuff, getting them to ~50%ish. What a pain in the rear end.

As for the rest of chapter 7, I hate this chapter and everything in it. The dungeon is boring, the story beats and reveals are stupid, and I don't even get a cool sword. Also, I get to lose a healer and three blades in exchange for yet another Blade on Rex. :shepface: What a loving moronic twist.

This is easily the lowest point of the game.

Also, conjecture. There is only one reason why they're hiding Addam's face: he looks like either Rex, or Shulk.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Pollyanna posted:

Got em with AOEs+chain stuff, getting them to ~50%ish. What a pain in the rear end.

As for the rest of chapter 7, I hate this chapter and everything in it. The dungeon is boring, the story beats and reveals are stupid, and I don't even get a cool sword. Also, I get to lose a healer and three blades in exchange for yet another Blade on Rex. :shepface: What a loving moronic twist.

This is easily the lowest point of the game.

Also, conjecture. There is only one reason why they're hiding Addam's face: he looks like either Rex, or Shulk.

You can switch Nia back to driver mode whenever you want.

She does get a ridiculously good level 4 combo attack with Pyra (not Mythra) tho. And she's probably the best healing blade in the game

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Zore posted:

You can switch Nia back to driver mode whenever you want.

She does get a ridiculously good level 4 combo attack with Pyra (not Mythra) tho. And she's probably the best healing blade in the game

But then who heals my party??????

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

Pollyanna posted:

But then who heals my party??????

Nia still :v:

Or just slap some healing blades on other people. Rex's new power lets him assign any blade in the game to him except Poppi forms. So if you give him Brighid/Pandoria/Dromarch you can assign whatever 3 blades to the person you took them from and you can even ditch them off Rex.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

I had rex solo heal the end game with the story heal blade, it's that good.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Zore posted:

Nia still :v:

Or just slap some healing blades on other people. Rex's new power lets him assign any blade in the game to him except Poppi forms. So if you give him Brighid/Pandoria/Dromarch you can assign whatever 3 blades to the person you took them from and you can even ditch them off Rex.

Ooh, I haven't gotten quite that far yet, but I'm glad to hear it. Makes moving some of the Blades around easier...

Where's the best place to salvage once you get regular access to Premium Cylinders?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010

Pollyanna posted:

Ooh, I haven't gotten quite that far yet, but I'm glad to hear it. Makes moving some of the Blades around easier...

Where's the best place to salvage once you get regular access to Premium Cylinders?

Yeah,

To be clear, you still need overdrives to move Blades around. Rex just gets the power to assign any blade to his active slots. Once he removes them, they're back in the pool of their original driver.

Its only really useful to let you fully customize Nia/Morag/Zeke into any role by letting you ditch their default blades. Also helps with some skill checks by letting Rex put on a blade he doesn't have if you couldn't fit it on the original driver

Zoran
Aug 19, 2008

I lost to you once, monster. I shall not lose again! Die now, that our future can live!
Got Floren on Nia—from an unboosted Rare Core. That’s my last one. :toot:

U-DO Burger
Nov 12, 2007

Got the fifth party member, used 90+ cores and got nothing :discourse:

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

U-DO Burger posted:

Just think about the sense of pride and accomplishment you'll feel when you get one, though!

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Had my first crash. Thankfully it was only the last half hour but jesus christ.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
I see the gacha system as being a better fit of you don’t grind for all of them and just roll with whatever 7 rares you find first. That way your playthroughs are different as you try different party configs.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Maybe that’s just overly apologetic for their decisions though. :nyoron:

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

BOSS BATTLES DID NOTHING WRONG
I like the way the gacha system makes your experience semi-unique, but if they’re gonna give you hundreds of cores, the experience of using them shouldn’t be obnoxious.

Just reduce the number of cores and raise the probability of rolling a rare blade.

Or maybe let people mash the a button and skip the cutscenes.

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
the main problem is that the system punishes you with insane diminishing returns. someone who just popped the cores they got along the way probably has 3-4 less rares than the people who are farming and burning 100 stacks of cores. and well,jrpg gamers can be obsessive about that kind of stuff.

I'm going through all unique enemies in the game now and good Commons with the right skill set are way more important than rares now.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I have like 50 cores right now and counting, I just have no loving patience to sit there and keep opening them, especially if afterwards I I have to then scroll through the rows of trash and get rid of them all. I wish there was a batched option to open them all up at once and just tell me "no you didn't get any unique ones" and then junk the rest

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

its curtains for Kevin posted:

I see the gacha system as being a better fit of you don’t grind for all of them and just roll with whatever 7 rares you find first. That way your playthroughs are different as you try different party configs.

That's insane with 70+ hour playthroughs.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
Okay, so I just started Ch 4, blew my load on all of my crystals, and now have Rex with Pyra/Perun/Gorg, and Nia with Dromarch/Ursula/Kora.

I would assume that I may need some kind of wind elemental for combos, but I really, really don't want to deal with the gacha vortex again and I'm hoping this combination is/will be sufficient for a bit.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

MechaX posted:

Okay, so I just started Ch 4, blew my load on all of my crystals, and now have Rex with Pyra/Perun/Gorg, and Nia with Dromarch/Ursula/Kora.

I would assume that I may need some kind of wind elemental for combos, but I really, really don't want to deal with the gacha vortex again and I'm hoping this combination is/will be sufficient for a bit.

You will get a free wind unique.

Saxophone
Sep 19, 2006

So, word on the street is that you can get overdrive's for fully completing 4* blades.

Not great, but at least they're farmable I guess?

It seems easy enough to grind out non-unique blades through Merc missions anyway I guess.

Davos
Jul 1, 2011

DESERVING RECOGNITION

its curtains for Kevin posted:

Why would you replay the game, it's still going to be an identical experience with different Blades just with different specials. All the actual weapon attacks, arts, blade combos, etc. are identical between characters

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Davos posted:

Why would you replay the game, it's still going to be an identical experience with different Blades just with different specials. All the actual weapon attacks, arts, blade combos, etc. are identical between characters

I like to replay fun games.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Replaying long rpgs is not some unheard thing

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

It took me so long to understand all the different systems (and I’m still learning) that I could maybe see myself playing again with a stronger sense of what I actually want to do.

But more likely I’ll just play other games cuz I still haven’t played Nier Automata or Persona 5 yet and this game is massive.

But I hope they create a XBC3 that builds off of this elemental combo system because it’s really fun.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

You can even skip every cutscene to speed up replays.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Saxophone posted:

So, word on the street is that you can get overdrive's for fully completing 4* blades.

Not great, but at least they're farmable I guess?

It seems easy enough to grind out non-unique blades through Merc missions anyway I guess.

I posted a video showing this if you want confirmation and don't mind finding it in my thread history.

Evil Fluffy posted:

Awesome, got her and celebrated by murdering about a dozen of the gold chip-dropping monsters, though only half or so dropped chips (which was still enough to have 3 for Tora (because they are tanking chips) and one for Rex/Nia). One dropped a crit V aux core instead of a gold chip after a chain attack, too but I'm not going to complain about an aux core that gives 20% crit rate. Those enemies also drop an accessory that boosts XP from monster kills by 50% (and the accessory that boosts damage against higher level enemies). I didn't notice until I was almost finished but when you're doing chain attacks and getting 10k+ xp per kill, another 50% on top of that is just comical.

Sitting at level 60-61 now and after resting at the inn for the first time in probabably 20+ hours of gameplay I see everyone has 270-300k rest exp to spend. Guess I didn't need to kill enemies for a couple levels after all. :stare:

(not going to spend the XP yet because I'd be horribly overleveled considering the last boss I fought was maybe level 60)

Now imagine what my game just turned into when I did this exact thing before going to Tantal :v:

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Do I really have to farm 70 of these little items to get Poppi’s new body

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Calaveron posted:

Do I really have to farm 70 of these little items to get Poppi’s new body

No, there’s a repeatable merc mission which gives you 25 each time

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

U-DO Burger posted:

It has been well over 500 cores since I got my last rare, and I still have 5 rare blades to go.

You do not yet know suffering.

Bass Bottles
Jan 14, 2006

Jesus

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
lol

this proves exactly what I said. I'm missing 6 blades and I never farmed for Crystals or popped more than 20 at a time.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Crawfish posted:

It has been well over 500 cores since I got my last rare, and I still have 5 rare blades to go.

You aren’t using common cores are you?

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Crawfish posted:

did you make sure they aren't from quests

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

How much more useful/valuable are premium cylinders compared to golds? I think I might be hitting diminishing returns here.

DrManiac
Feb 29, 2012

gently caress off xenoblade 2 there's no way in hell I'm grinding tiger tiger for a second poppi form because they are separate for some reason.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

What exactly do you get from premium cylinders, because you get basically unlimited gold by the time you get to Mor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Grimey Drawer
they seem to have a really small chance of spawning enemies so you get money faster.