Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zand
Jul 9, 2003

~ i'll take you for a ride ~ ride on a meteorite ~

IronicDongz posted:

If I want to grab a fightstick for PC, what's my best option that's not super expensive?

a good pad

edit: or wait for a sale for an obsidian/panthera

Zand fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Dec 16, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Keegers
Aug 11, 2014

IronicDongz posted:

If I want to grab a fightstick for PC, what's my best option that's not super expensive?

If you don't care about playing on xbone or PS4 pick up an older console generation stick

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

Keegers posted:

If you don't care about playing on xbone or PS4 pick up an older console generation stick

Be aware, the first gen TE's didn't work with most PC's. I had to buy a separate PCIe USB card for it to work.

MrJacobs
Sep 15, 2008

Romes128 posted:

Be aware, the first gen TE's didn't work with most PC's. I had to buy a separate PCIe USB card for it to work.

360 ones totally worked due to native support, the PS3 ones had issues IIRC.

Romes128
Dec 28, 2008

Fun Shoe

MrJacobs posted:

360 ones totally worked due to native support, the PS3 ones had issues IIRC.

yea, ps3 ones did.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I found some money: Razer pantera or qanba obsidian?

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

Real hurthling! posted:

I found some money: Razer pantera or qanba obsidian?

They're both dope sticks so I'd get whichever you think looks coolest. Panthera is probably a lot easier to mod, but I like my obsidian cause it doesn't look goofy as poo poo stock.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

obsidians look badass

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Input lag is good on both?
Im upgrading from a chun li te2 so anything better than terrible is good as far as im concerned

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

Input delay on both is good. The panthera has a firmware update to lower the input delay, though. I modded my panthera a bunch and I like hiding snacks in it.

If you don't plan on modding your stick much, get the obsidian.

Poniard fucked around with this message at 21:02 on Dec 17, 2017

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010

Poniard posted:

I like hiding snacks in it

imo as somebody with a panthera this is the biggest feature of it

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I got the pantera cause the obsidian measurements were too wide to fit in the hole of my tv stand i put my stick in and also im a tacky snacky bitch. Thanks

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

bills squished the fish, and mccoy his 10k rushing yards

tied for last playoff spot with ravens. ugh.

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

bills squished the fish, and mccoy his 10k rushing yards

tied for last playoff spot with ravens. ugh.

Dolphins generally lose to Bull Bash, but 6P is a good response to Raven's IAD.

Crocoswine
Aug 20, 2010

Reiley posted:

more teams really need to take advantage of their anti-air options

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Reiley posted:

god dammit awful app

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
are we talking about the best fighting game now

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

DoubleDonut posted:

tecmo has always been the best

C. Everett Koop
Aug 18, 2008

DoubleDonut posted:

I've been trying to get the thread to talk about NHL '94 for years and yet no dice.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Blades of steel is a sports themed fighting game

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Exciting DOA news from NEC: DOA is officially going on indefinite hiatus, with no plans for DOA6. At least they can admit it, unlike Sega.

My Crab is Fight
Mar 13, 2007
So what's this about Dead or Alive being totally killed off at NEC just now? are Tecmo-Koei really doing that or was it more them just leaving DOA 5 alone now?

edit: ^well there it is.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

they did a good job with doa5 imo, they supported it way longer than i thought they would

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

so does this mean the series name is changed to just 'dead'

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

Exciting DOA news from NEC: DOA is officially going on indefinite hiatus, with no plans for DOA6. At least they can admit it, unlike Sega.

Team ninja got that nioh money dont need to slum it making bikini skins for the fgc anymore

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

That was all a big bummer. I went in expecting a doa6 trailer and instead its basically people saying their goodbyes, and the Tecmo USA guy in tears on the stage.

I know not many people really liked DoA but it always held a special place in my heart so this is a bummer to me.

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy
Sorry to hear. Tekken will be here waiting when you're ready.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Evil Canadian posted:

That was all a big bummer. I went in expecting a doa6 trailer and instead its basically people saying their goodbyes, and the Tecmo USA guy in tears on the stage.

I know not many people really liked DoA but it always held a special place in my heart so this is a bummer to me.

doa krew forever

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
From what I've heard, the USA and JP teams were constantly fighting over whether to push DOA as a tournament game or not and whether or not the fanservice, obscene amount of DLC, etc was helping or hurting the game's chances of success, so I guess it's easy to just shelve it instead of picking a direction one way or the other.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

From what I've heard, the USA and JP teams were constantly fighting over whether to push DOA as a tournament game or not and whether or not the fanservice, obscene amount of DLC, etc was helping or hurting the game's chances of success, so I guess it's easy to just shelve it instead of picking a direction one way or the other.

That seemed to mirror a war between the competitive players and casual ones. To which the competitive players wanted to minimize the fanservice while casual players wanted to turn it up to an 11.

Evil Canadian
Sep 10, 2000

No one man should have all that Psycho-Power.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

doa krew forever

doa2 ultimate/doa4 goon lobbies was some of the most fun I ever had with videogames period.

DoA krew forever :canada:

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

Evil Canadian posted:

doa2 ultimate/doa4 goon lobbies was some of the most fun I ever had with videogames period.

DoA krew forever :canada:

doa2 loving owns

Brosnan
Nov 13, 2004

Pwning the incels with my waifu fg character. Get trolled :twisted:
Lipstick Apathy

punk rebel ecks posted:

That seemed to mirror a war between the competitive players and casual ones. To which the competitive players wanted to minimize the fanservice while casual players wanted to turn it up to an 11.

"competitive doa players"

inthesto
May 12, 2010

Pro is an amazing name!
A couple of years ago, I went to a weekly gaming night, where locals go to play Magic and assorted fighting games. All they had there was Smash, DoA, and MK. I asked one of the dudes there if that's all they played, he responded with "We don't play that Capcom poo poo here. What's your problem with Dead Or Alive, you don't like the gameplay, or you don't like the.... uh, certain aesthetics of the game?" in the skeeviest way possible, while trying to imply I was the prude.

His card sleeves had naked anime girls on them.

This is my story about Dead Or Alive, thank you for listening.

DoubleDonut
Oct 22, 2010

Fallen Rib
how much spit did he spray on you when he said "aesthetics"

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dead or alive has a lot of female tournament players, which is cool

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Female FGCers are still very rare but for whatever reason there are lot more of them into 3d FGs versus 2d FGs.

Faffel
Dec 31, 2008

A bouncy little mouse!

Shiki Dan posted:

Female FGCers are still very rare but for whatever reason there are lot more of them into 3d FGs versus 2d FGs.

3DPD

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Shiki Dan posted:

As someone in discord said, it's likely due to representation of characters. The only 2D game that has a female player ratio as close to as DOA is Skullgirls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reiley
Dec 16, 2007

King of Fighters has a lot of female characters and most of them aren't extremely male gazey in the way a Street Fighter is.