Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I actually expected it to be Coulson under the mask, but nope, Fitz.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013
Wonder if that's gonna be a robo Fitz.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

counterfeitsaint posted:

I'm really starting to get tired of the fact that everyone seems to have turned into some kind of extremely naive [non-binary] scout.

Yeah it's really annoying how stupid Daisy, Jemma and everyone else has acted since the start of the season. They're the worst at keeping a low profile. AoS has been pretty good about avoiding or subverting tropes and cliches but man the season has been annoying so far. I'm enjoying the backdrop so far but hopefully 'tension gets driven by mysterious plot elements that we haven't fully explained yet' goes away soon.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
Remind me are Simmons and Fitz “good” or is him showing up randomly going to incite Simmons into a panic attack at seeing her (ex?) boyfriend again riiight after they left the framework?

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine

Boris Galerkin posted:

Remind me are Simmons and Fitz “good” or is him showing up randomly going to incite Simmons into a panic attack at seeing her (ex?) boyfriend again riiight after they left the framework?

They're good.

sticklefifer
Nov 11, 2003

by VideoGames

VodeAndreas posted:

When they showed the guy in the mask at first I thought he was going to be space Ghost Rider

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I'm one of the religious nuts who believes the prophecy that agents of SHIELD will one day emerge to save everyone, but instead of on a space station it's in the Avengers movies.

Also, I think they're mostly acting in character, but I do agree that they seem to need more explanations than are usually necessary on this show. There's no way Daisy doesn't know what a multiverse is, the test tube baby should have immediately tipped Coulson off that everyone's sterile, and of course demonstrating your powers in front of a rich space lady was a product demo. But I don't think it was out of character for Jemma, a doctor, to want to help someone, or for Daisy, the only other one who's not on the books, to sneak around by herself, even if it was bad decision making.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Xtanstic posted:

Yeah it's really annoying how stupid Daisy, Jemma and everyone else has acted since the start of the season. They're the worst at keeping a low profile.

I don’t think they give a poo poo. Keep in mind, they were out of the Framework for less than a day before they got thrown back into this bullshit. Right now they’re all in full-on “gently caress your stupid future dystopia garbage, I just want to go home” mode.

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Phylodox posted:

I don’t think they give a poo poo. Keep in mind, they were out of the Framework for less than a day before they got thrown back into this bullshit. Right now they’re all in full-on “gently caress your stupid future dystopia garbage, I just want to go home” mode.

Hmm fair enough. I keep forgetting that the Framework nonsense just ended.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!
^^^

Apoplexy posted:

They're good.

Yeah I just wasn't sure of the timeline here. I coulda sworn that they just left the framework so I didn't know if they ever had a chance to reconcile.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
"SHE SHOULD FIGHT TO THE DEATH" is probably Fitz saying "okay buy me time here I've got an angle" as opposed to letting someone just wander up and buy Daisy sight unseen.

It's gonna be Mae versus Daisy though lol

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

Chokes McGee posted:

It's gonna be Mae versus Daisy though lol

Of course

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Didn't any Earth movies survive? Whenever you do that the gladiators team up and lay waste to everything.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Of course Fitz has a plan. Part of that is also getting Daisy in front of people and having her power dampener turned off. So then he can have it stay that way so she can waste everyone.

Aleph Null
Jun 10, 2008

You look very stressed
Tortured By Flan
Is this Fitz an LMD? It would explain how he could survive possibly hundreds of years. And it would have given him ample opportunity to keep the Legend of S.H.I.E.L.D going.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Aleph Null posted:

Is this Fitz an LMD? It would explain how he could survive possibly hundreds of years. And it would have given him ample opportunity to keep the Legend of S.H.I.E.L.D going.

Or he just set that up and then hopped a ride through the monolith

Xtanstic
Nov 23, 2007

I'm looking forward to Daisy developing a love interest which they will strand in the future when all of SHIELD time-travel back to the present day.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Fitz is good, robo or otherwise.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Xtanstic posted:

I'm looking forward to Daisy developing a love interest which they will strand in the future when all of SHIELD time-travel back to the present day.

And then change the timeline.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Aleph Null posted:

LMD :eyeroll: Your thinking is too limited. Fits mindjacked someone through time and his projecting himself on their body.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Fitz is reenacting the plot of Freejack.

Mick Jagger will be a guest star at some point during this season.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

I got to watch it finally.

May is definitely going to be Daisy's opponent, right? Either her or Psychic man.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Okay so I need help understanding this future world as a non comic book reader.

In the show, the timeline is something like this from what we’ve seen: “earth destroyed, shattered into pieces, only apparent surviving humans are enslaved by the Kree.” Ignoring the question of how the earth was destroyed or how the Kree took over: why are there other humans and why do they get to run around free and such? It’s kinda apparent that the big bad Kree person had some amount of respect for that lady, and apparently he knows that some of these other potential buyers that show up are humans.

So what I don’t get is if the Kree can just randomly show up and enslave humanity then where did these other humans come from and why don’t they get enslaved too? Are humans a space faring species in marvel lore? Are the earth humans just dumb/not advanced compared to humans from other planets? Who are the original humans?

e: I guess that lady and all the other human looking people could be aliens too since Thor looks just like a regular (albeit muscular) person.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, those "free humans" all have red contacts or something, they're not actually supposed to be humans.

Slashrat
Jun 6, 2011

YOSPOS
as GotG have shown, there are even aliens that look 100% indistinguishable from humans superficially.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Slashrat posted:

as GotG Superman, Starfire, and Martian Manhunter have shown, there are even aliens that look 100% indistinguishable from humans superficially.

Woden
May 6, 2006

Aleph Null posted:

It would only take him a few years to invent a time machine or something to get to them, he's basically Reed Richards Jnr.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Boris Galerkin posted:

e: I guess that lady and all the other human looking people could be aliens too since Thor looks just like a regular (albeit muscular) person.

Yo, check their red eyes!

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

A common Marvel trope is that you can look the same but be vastly different due to who you are on the ~inside~. See also: mutants.

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Everyone is a human deep inside.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

Slashrat posted:

as GotG have shown, there are even aliens that look 100% indistinguishable from humans superficially.

Is GotG cannon? I honestly thought it was like a side-story and not really integrated with the rest of Marvel but I guess I'm wrong about that.

RareAcumen posted:

as GotG Superman, Starfire, and Martian Manhunter have shown, there are even aliens that look 100% indistinguishable from humans superficially.

I thought Superman wasn't Marvel and who the gently caress are starfire and martian?

e: ok so the consensus is that the non-enslaved human looking people are probably not humans, k.

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

Boris Galerkin posted:

Is GotG cannon? I honestly thought it was like a side-story and not really integrated with the rest of Marvel but I guess I'm wrong about that.

I thought Superman wasn't Marvel and who the gently caress are starfire and martian?

e: ok so the consensus is that the non-enslaved human looking people are probably not humans, k.

GotG is more cannon than Agents of SHIELD, but Canon is whatever.

Superman, Starfire and Martian Manhunter ARE all DC characters, but Cape Comics share so many ideas that it's worth talking about them as a genre convention.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Superman, Starfire, and Martian Manhunter are DC but they look human as well.

New theory: comic book artists are lazy sacks of poo poo

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Boris Galerkin posted:

They're going to be in the next Avengers movie

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Helmet Fitz is awesome, and the voice was distorted just right to give that moment of "hang on I've heard this bef....OH HELL YES"

Oasx
Oct 11, 2006

Freshly Squeezed
At first i thought that the red eyed people were actually the other kind of Kree, but i guess they only come in blue skin in the movie universe.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Boris Galerkin posted:

GotG is arguably one of the most important films to the overall MCU Infinity Stone/Thanos story since the first GotG movie is the one that introduced the story behind the Stones and actually featured Thanos himself. They're going to connect with the rest of the universe for Infinity War.

All the films, Netflix, ABC, and Runaways are all part of the MCU shared universe but each kind of has its own lane unlikely to crossover in any meaningful way considering the logistical and creative nightmare of that.

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

I can't believe there's no gif of the cool camera flip during the Kree fight.

Open Source Idiom
Jan 4, 2013

Boris Galerkin posted:

Ha! Clever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee Mugshot
Jun 26, 2010

by Lowtax

Phenotype posted:

Okay, the Mack thing I'll give you, but I thought the baby thing was a perfectly good way to ratchet up the tension. Yes, whatever, aliens using humans as slave labor, it's terrible but it's mundane -- we've been doing it ourselves for literally thousands of years. Actually going so far as sterilizing the population and breeding a limited supply of babies to control them... that goes beyond anything that's ever existed in anything but science fiction. Interfering with a people's reproduction seems a lot more invasive and violating than just forcing them to work.

lmao except they had literally fight sequence with poleaxes and metallic balls in like the same room