Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Recovery is amazing and noticeably improves survivability. Mobility feels amazing but probably doesnt make you any better at the game unless youre good enough in PVP to exploit it. Resilience exists only to hit breakpoints in PVP

Control Volume fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Dec 18, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Control Volume posted:

Resilience is amazing and noticeably improves survivability. Mobility feels amazing but probably doesnt make you any better at the game unless youre good enough in PVP to exploit it. Resilience exists only to hit breakpoints in PVP

Yeah seriously, even though they did buff lower than 9 recovery to not be a joke, running around with 0-2 recovery is not going to be a good time.

Fashion you enjoy is the real stat, so in most cases you can use practically whatever and turn out okay. But it seems like hunter resilience sets are challenge mode pants to announce to the world "I'll do it with ZERO recovery!".

Section Z fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Dec 18, 2017

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

The game feels very bad at low recovery.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
gold shaders
:thumbsup: CORPORATE ATTITUDE
:thumbsup: STONER
:thumbsup: TREND

pastel and watermelon shaders
:thumbsup: TRUE DOOM MURDERHEADS

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Norns posted:

The game feels very bad at low recovery.

You are right, Hunters do feel bad

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Recovery at 4 is buffed to the point where things only feel frantic when you get low but gently caress having none

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Bleck posted:

There is not a single skill in this game that feels better than dodge reload.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Hunter recovery really isn't an issue now anyway with the new mods and fixed pants

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Control Volume posted:

There is not a single skill in this game that feels better than dodge reload.

What better that one Sins of the Past in the dick? Two Sins of the Past in the dick.

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

Bleck posted:

You can comfortably get to 8/9 recovery as a Hunter post CoO thanks to the fixed recovery pants, the new mods and the stat distribution on the gear from Vance on Mercury.

I’m still running 6/6/4 for crucible on my Hunter and don’t really plan on changing that any time soon because gotta go fast. Pair with MIDA/Stompies for an extra good time.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
3 recovery is equal to the old 7 recovery, 4-6 recovery is like... old 7.5 recovery and 7 recovery is better than old 8 recovery. So yeah it's not as severe to have low recovery now.

khy
Aug 15, 2005

450RPM auto rifles feel the best and all my favorite guns : Origin Story, Positive Outlook, The Number, Uriel's Gift.... they're all 450RPM ARs.

I've tried so many other guns but none of them feel nearly as satisfying to shoot. Unless I'm going shadow team to pop skulls (in which case I use MIDA to murder the psions/projections, and my energy AR for skulls) all 3 of my characters ends up using the guns above.

I'm not sure exactly what it is about the 450RPM ARs that makes them so satisfying. They're probably not the absolute best in DPS but I swear I do more damage with them since they have a lot more control and I can land more juicebox hits more quickly than I can with, say, hand cannons.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
namby pamby hunters can play Hopscotch once every 40 seconds to reload their gun

Titans throw up a BARRICADE and start doing Squats while they reload their gun in a split second

khy
Aug 15, 2005

So has anyone done any good testing re: Practice Makes Perfect?

I can reach and maintain 3 stacks of the buff as a hunter far, far, far more easily with my Origin Story than I can with, say, Better Devils. Does the weapon affect how much super you gain with PMP or do you get the same amount of super no matter the gun? Because that seems like it'd be a HUGE deal for golden gun hunters if they can get their super 2x faster using an AR than a scout or cannon.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

namby pamby hunters can play Hopscotch once every 40 seconds to reload their gun

Titans throw up a BARRICADE and start doing Squats while they reload their gun in a split second

I play arcstrider I can dodge every 10 seconds

The other tree has the melee dodge combo where you can dodge infinitely

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

TVsVeryOwn posted:

What better that one Sins of the Past in the dick? Two Sins of the Past in the dick.

Rally shield and get that sextuple dick.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Mercurius posted:

You can comfortably get to 8/9 recovery as a Hunter post CoO thanks to the fixed recovery pants, the new mods and the stat distribution on the gear from Vance on Mercury.

I appreciate this but I've long since become a wizard that shoots black holes

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
who the hell "mains" anything in this dumb game instead of playing all 3 guys all the time always

The content is so flat and boring that I can't imagine enjoying it unless I had 9 different subclasses to roll with

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Playing them back to back in Crucible, Hunter just feels a lot better than Warlock due to higher mobility, better jump, and dodge reload which actually feels like a pvp skill. Titan feels good too if you can get some mobility going.

I'm convinced that people think Warlock is the best because it's got the easiest skills to use.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
It's the best because you can 1v2 by killing a dude with melee and then engaging the second guy fully healed and if the chips are down you can squat behind a pillar and eat a grenade to full heal again.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Foetracer in pvp is fun because it's basically a wallhack.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

Well yea devour is also kinda bullshit

Mercurius
May 4, 2004

Amp it up.

khy posted:

So has anyone done any good testing re: Practice Makes Perfect?

I can reach and maintain 3 stacks of the buff as a hunter far, far, far more easily with my Origin Story than I can with, say, Better Devils. Does the weapon affect how much super you gain with PMP or do you get the same amount of super no matter the gun? Because that seems like it'd be a HUGE deal for golden gun hunters if they can get their super 2x faster using an AR than a scout or cannon.
Thanks to masterwork weapons it doesn't really matter any more because the super generation from the orbs those make is waaaaay higher than Practice Makes Perfect. I have a masterwork Better Devils on my hunter and I like it a lot because you're less likely to get kills sniped from you by teammates which results in more orbs which is more supers.

Turns out being able to use your supers all the time in Strikes makes them really fun. Who knew? Oh wait, the Destiny 1 players did.

I am really looking forward to Mayhem during the Dawning.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Squeaked in my flawless with random NA players. Run was surprisingly soft, but maybe that's because the two times I tried it with randoms in EU it was like past midnight and only the hardest of hardcore seemed to be playing.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Trials was extremely soft this afternoon. I got 3 we ran out of medals (20 kill streak) in a single card just a little bit ago.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
Apparently there's another bungie mess-up or something? What did they do now

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Ikora rey always blinks, that's what's up. Bungie fix your game!

Oh and the three of coins doesn't really seem to be doing what it's supposed to apparently, and they made a bad post about it.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
3 of coins is working as intended, but not on Heroic Strikes

It's also only a 50% increase to the base exotic find rate, so... Not very good

But legendary shards are free. May as well always have one of those crappy things going.

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat
As much as internet people get mad about games, ikora blinking is the only thing id point to that I really want fixed and that is a clear bug. I'd also like the time back I spent trying to appease that drat icon. Is it because I haven't done CoO? Is it because I haven't done all my weeklies?? Is it because I still have a token I haven't given you???

What, what do you want from me :fail:

EDIT also fix the nat routing error that keeps me from playing with one of my friends. No I will not learn how to forward ports, fix that.

Jack B Nimble fucked around with this message at 00:30 on Dec 19, 2017

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

https://kotaku.com/destiny-2s-lack-of-transparency-infuriates-players-yet-1821385122

oh there were also people blaming bungie for accidentally deleting their entire stack of masterwork cores

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I don't play enough that Three of Coins is even on my radar.

Got a Skyburner from my fated engram though.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Lol I checked the writer for that kotaku article and half of his recent articles are complaining about destiny 2.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Control Volume posted:

Lol I checked the writer for that kotaku article and half of his recent articles are complaining about destiny 2.

Indeed, this "Daffy Beau Dug" seems obsessed. Probably a pseudonym tho

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Ran into a goon on strikes.

So Derigiberble here saying Sorry Gunuku, I would say that the comedy of errors was because I was playing around with my new masterwork grenade launcher but that doesn't explain me killing myself with my own super.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

You havent lived until you pop your super during the defense section of the exodus black strike and immediately suicide into exploder shanks

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Control Volume posted:

You havent lived until you pop your super during the defense section of the exodus black strike and immediately suicide into exploder shanks

What about the Savathun one? Every drat time, you'd think I'd remember...

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
you haven't lived until you popped a ward of dawn on the dps platform during baths, actually

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

What about the Savathun one? Every drat time, you'd think I'd remember...

Im not sure what this is referring to, the only defense section is at the start and that strike only has a couple cursed thralls.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

you haven't lived until you popped a ward of dawn on the dps platform during baths, actually

A buddy of mine did this exact thing cause he thought you only had to step on that platform to refresh a buff to deal damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snack Bitch
May 15, 2008

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!
Guess who had 3hrs Sunday morning and only did heroic strikes with the Coin...

• Locked thread