Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Xarbala posted:

I don't play enough that Three of Coins is even on my radar.

Got a Skyburner from my fated engram though.

If you didn't have one yet, this is cool and good.

If you have already had one before, that's a disappointing use of 97 shards.

Control Volume posted:

You havent lived until you pop your super during the defense section of the exodus black strike and immediately suicide into exploder shanks
This but sudden appearance of kamikaze vex is my usual turbo hubris. Even for regular melee. "I'll just punch this vex spawning in to death to kickstart my health regen-oh gently caress."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Senior Shitposting Strategist

Lt_Tofu posted:

Guess who had 3hrs Sunday morning and only did heroic strikes with the Coin...

Don't feel bad. I used 3 of them with at least 2 hours on each coin!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

I think Destiny 2 hits that uncanny valley of Almost Greatness where there's enough right that you want to keep playing, but enough wrong that it causes really strong reactions to people who bought in thanks to the stuff that went right.

The MMO-style incentives keep you addicted though, so some people get into a weird love-hate relationship with a game they're compelled to play to death and do weeklies on three characters with. I just stop playing a game if I feel "yeah, that was pretty good, but I think I'm satisfied" and I haven't done that with D2 yet so it's doing something right. I got this on sale for a friend though (so yeah, I play devil's advocate for the complainers a lot but I actually like the game quite a bit) and their opinion was the core gameplay was solid, but they wondered if the MMO-like aspects were really to the game's credit. As in, this stuff compels you to keep playing but it just means you get to stare more and more at the seams until they're impossible to ignore. Meanwhile a game like DOOM is just sort of one and done, and when it's over you just leave satisfied feeling you played the shooter of the decade.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

https://i.imgur.com/gQJ4ept.gifv

Hi everyone, I'm just here to remind you that the tractor cannon is real good.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Poops Mcgoots posted:

*boop*

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

Poops Mcgoots posted:

I just got it and can't figure out what the best use for it is. I'm also a very casual player who only dips into crucible to fulfill weeklies so maybe that's it?

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Claes Oldenburger posted:

I just got it and can't figure out what the best use for it is. I'm also a very casual player who only dips into crucible to fulfill weeklies so maybe that's it?

It is best used for booping other players off cliffs in PVP

Jack B Nimble
Dec 25, 2007

Soiled Meat

Xarbala posted:

Meanwhile a game like DOOM is just sort of one and done, and when it's over you just leave satisfied feeling you played the shooter of the decade.

Truth. Lose the grind and just focus on selling me a good game. Like l4d in ambition if not specific genre.

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

It honestly doesn't fill a very different role from other shotguns. It's mostly just fun punting people into the air and making them splat on the wall behind them.

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009

Unhappy Meal posted:

Dunno much about the helm, but the Jade Rabbit is a gimmick gun, and it's all about how much you enjoy that gimmick. Damage maxes out at 4 bodyshots, but the bonus isn't large enough to match 5 headshots (something like 1000 vs 1200, on cabal in the EDZ) You do get all your ammo refunded though.

The beauty of the Jade Rabbit, at least from the perspective of a filthy controller casual is that the four body shots preceding the precision shot aren’t intentional for me. It just means I periodically get a really nice damage when I hit the soft spot after a bad run. Does a bit to smooth out the curve between ‘git gud’ and :hellyeah:

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Hey controller buddy

DaveKap
Feb 5, 2006

Pickle: Inspected.

Ever play Overwatch? You know the right-click on Lucio? It's that.

Funkysauce
Sep 18, 2005
...and what about the kick in the groin?
Hey, I just requested to join Shaxx Fifth Avenue, just wanted to post here to prove that I AM ONE OF US.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Control Volume posted:

Im not sure what this is referring to, the only defense section is at the start and that strike only has a couple cursed thralls.

I have a bad habit of dunking the void charge, immediately jumping towards Savathun without waiting for regen, and getting just a bit too close before launching the super because I don't want to whiff it. That's what happened in the goon strike.

I got the bastard though :smuggo:

Claes Oldenburger
Apr 23, 2010

Metal magician!
:black101:

DaveKap posted:

Ever play Overwatch? You know the right-click on Lucio? It's that.

Thank you for everyone's insight. I get it now! I should test this thing out in PvP and see what it can do.

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

Guess I'll hock Shaxxon-Mobil Corp if anyone's looking for a clan slot!:

https://www.bungie.net/en/ClanV2?groupid=2882508

All welcome.

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

560 gunsmith materials later, I get my first masterwork!

A rattler

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Wheeee posted:

A rattler
What up, Rattler pain train buddy. :saddowns::hf::saddowns:

Toozler
Jan 12, 2012

So I joined HotDog Party today, brought a few friends along. Surprised to see no raid engram this week with a full strength of 98 nerds

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009

Wheeee posted:

A rattler

I feel you; so far the only two masterworks I’ve got were a sniper rifle and a sidearm. Just three more and I can make something useful!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Just thinking, it's funny that the followers of osiris all treat him like a divine prophet

While he and sagira on the other hand are all "hey what's up we need help with a thing, thanks"

apostateCourier
Oct 9, 2012

Xarbala posted:

Just thinking, it's funny that the followers of osiris all treat him like a divine prophet

While he and sagira on the other hand are all "hey what's up we need help with a thing, thanks"

Osiris is a hacker, when it comes down to it. The followers are basically weird Matrix fetishists.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
I forgot to mention that there's a morse code in the comic that gives you a free emblem if you type in the code at the bungie reward site

Cutscene Powers
Jun 7, 2010

tgacon posted:

The beauty of the Jade Rabbit, at least from the perspective of a filthy controller casual is that the four body shots preceding the precision shot aren’t intentional for me. It just means I periodically get a really nice damage when I hit the soft spot after a bad run. Does a bit to smooth out the curve between ‘git gud’ and :hellyeah:

Norns posted:

Hey controller buddy

And to think I let you both raid with me

tgacon
Mar 22, 2009

Cutscene Powers posted:

Jokes on you chump

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

You have been called out, in the ways of old.
The game owns with a controller, I'm not gonna sit hunched over a desk like Quasimodo lmao

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

:bungie: made a post

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forums/Post/240613535?sort=0&page=0

Of note is that they are working on masterworks armor, including the ability to choose the stat type (recovery/mobility/resilience).

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Sort of good I guess. I'm not totally familiar with them yet, but everything except the orbs with Masterworks currently feels like a lipstick on a pig situation. The adjustments seem so incremental as to near enough make no difference. Maybe I haven't found the broken combos yet, but having guns drop with random shaders would probably feel more varied than this.

Not sure why they think armour needs to generate orbs at all, but hey, I'm not complaining about more orbs. Maybe orbs should recharge your abilities instead.

Zedsdeadbaby
Jun 14, 2008

I think masterwork armor will do something else instead (it's implied in the posting) since you're wearing 5 of them at once. I'm hoping for a return to D1-style perks. Orbs give health, ability recharge, etc. Make the masterworks weapons and armor synergize a little.

A small part of me thinks they may delay the second DLC a little, I like to think Bungie has been burned at least a little by their almost-weekly mishaps and community frenzies. Adding all these new systems based on feedback in the interim has got to shake up plans a little.

Zedsdeadbaby fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Dec 19, 2017

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if starting thursday i'm abandoning my sweet gaming rig over the holidays and won't be back until after the new year, if i leave the milestone engrams i manage to knock out today and tomorrow sitting in people's inventory waiting to get picked up they'll be sent to the mailbox when the week resets, right?

J.A.B.C.
Jul 2, 2007

There's no need to rush to be an adult.

Jeza posted:

Sort of good I guess. I'm not totally familiar with them yet, but everything except the orbs with Masterworks currently feels like a lipstick on a pig situation. The adjustments seem so incremental as to near enough make no difference. Maybe I haven't found the broken combos yet, but having guns drop with random shaders would probably feel more varied than this.

Not sure why they think armour needs to generate orbs at all, but hey, I'm not complaining about more orbs. Maybe orbs should recharge your abilities instead.

Bungie is weird when it comes to stats, as anyone who knows about the Resilience/Recovery numbers can attest. There are some where the boosts feel legit good (+10 reload speed makes Better Devils drat near perfect) but others that just feel...eh. The Ammo Capacity and Range mods are in that category.

Being able to reset your armor values and perks will be nice, but I like the idea of orbs also recharging abilities to synergize with the increased orb drop from Masterworks.

Also, weapons do drop with random shaders. It's just that we shard so many and usually never see them in model that we don't notice it. I'd like for mods to do something when you shard a weapon with one on.

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

Does anyone know if this will go on sale on the Blizzard shop? Or where the cheapest place to get it online is? Probs gonna gift this.

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

Cutscene Powers posted:

Funny you didn't beat Argos till i rolled in with my controller tho?!

Glans Dillzig
Nov 23, 2011

:justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost::justpost:

knickerbocker expert
i'm ready for this event, bungo

Norns
Nov 21, 2011

I'm ready to see what about this event makes Reddit mad

treizebee
Dec 30, 2011

Stage 3 oil injection
I'm very curious as to what the vendor gifts you receive in exchange for yours are. A random masterwork weapon from their pool? An item you sell back to them for 500 glimmer?

e: I stumbled upon the best looking titan in the game.

treizebee fucked around with this message at 16:19 on Dec 19, 2017

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Norns posted:

I'm ready to see what about this event makes Reddit mad

I mean people have already been bitching that it's ~too lighthearted~ as opposed to the ~grimdark Destiny 1~, so. :v:

E: vvv Exactly like that, yes!

Kyrosiris fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Dec 19, 2017

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

First Brother Vance ruined, then Saint-14 fumbled, and now snowballs? In strikes? THIS. NEEDS. TO. STOP.
^v +1067

geonetix
Mar 6, 2011

Penpal posted:

Does anyone know if this will go on sale on the Blizzard shop? Or where the cheapest place to get it online is? Probs gonna gift this.

This is the best joke I've read in this thread. Blizzard shop and sale. Hahaha. Oh my.

Is it snowball time yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

geonetix posted:

This is the best joke I've read in this thread. Blizzard shop and sale. Hahaha. Oh my.

Is it snowball time yet?

I've seen holiday bundles advertised in their desktop app, and didn't the game go on sale a month ago? Either way I googled around and found 10% off so I'll probably pick something else if I can't find anything steeper.

• Locked thread