Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGmv_NvP2HU

rip hitler, he died of mandible claw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
I still can't get over every single grapple in Fire Pro beginning exactly the same. It's distracting to the point that I don't enjoy watching matches because of it.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Started playing my TEW game again. CPU booked WWE continues to be a treat. Main event of Wrestlemania was a time limit draw between WWE Champion Goldust and Alberto Del Rio. The very next week, Goldust signed with TNA and he's going to leave WWE as world champ to go be Black Reign again.

Interested to see if they actually take it off him first. When I signed Big E they didn't do anything about it, so New Day's big record setting year+ title run came to an end when Big E just up and left the company.

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker
Fire Pro is $13.39 on Steam.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I know it's not really the point of FPW but does that game have a career mode of some sort

TVGM
Mar 17, 2005

"It is not moral, it is not acceptable, and it is not sustainable that the top one-tenth of 1 percent now owns almost as much wealth as the bottom 90 percent"

Yam Slacker
Actually, they posted 1.000

quote:

Version 1.000 was published today. We have officially left Early Access!

Please refer to this announcement for our post-Early Access plans.
We will continue to update with free content and bug fixes in the future.

Today's patch notes are as follows:

Fixed bug in Leagues/Tournaments where victory/loss would sometimes not register properly.
Fixed bug in Leagues where result screen would show the winning wrestler with the name “No Entry” and fail to display their graphic.
Fixed bug in League Mode where the correct wrestlers would sometimes not proceed to the finals.
Fixed bug in League Mode where, in a title match, the challenger would sometimes not receive the belt if they won.
Fixed bug in League Mode where sometimes the winner of a finals match would not be recorded, forcing you to replay the match.
Fixed bug in League Mode where sometimes a finals block would repeat until a wrestler beat everyone else consecutively.
League matches now proceed in a more even distribution between wrestlers. (Previously, there was a tendency for a single wrestler to perform all their matches before other wrestlers.)

EDIT MODE
Added “Overwrite” option to Edit Wrestler load menu.
Face part scale arrows now scale at 1% per click. (Previously 2%.)
Added 2 more Priority Attack slots to CPU logic. (12 total)
Fixed bug preventing certain renamed moves from displaying properly.

Added support for four player matches.

MATCHES
Match-specific Match Evaluation criteria implemented for Deathmatches, SWA Rules Match and S-1 Rules Match.

PARTS
The following edit parts were added:

FACE
Base Part 698 – Anime female (Normal)
Base Part 699 – Anime female (Normal) > Separated
Base Part 700 – Anime female (Cool)
Base Part 701 – Anime female (Cool) > Separated
Base Part 702 – Anime female (Adult)
Base Part 703 – Anime female (Adult) > Separated
Sub Part 699 (1) – Anime female (Normal) > Eyelashes/eyebrows/pupils
Sub Part 699 (2) – Anime female (Normal) > Eyeball and eye highlights
Sub Part 699 (3) – Anime female (Normal) > Lipstick
Sub Part 701 (1) – Anime female (Cool) > Eyelashes/eyebrows/pupils
Sub Part 701 (2) – Anime female (Cool) > Eyeball and eye highlights
Sub Part 701 (3) – Anime female (Cool) > Lipstick
Sub Part 703 (1) – Anime female (Adult) > Eyelashes/eyebrows/pupils
Sub Part 703 (2) – Anime female (Adult) > Eyeball and eye highlights
Sub Part 703 (3) – Anime female (Adult) > Lipstick

[MOVES]
The following moves were added:
Standing (BIG) > Fierce Low Kick
Counter > Toe Kick B
Jump From Post > Double Rotation Moonsault
Front Grapple (SML) > Toe Kick B
Front Grapple (MED) > Short Elbow B
Front Grapple (MED) > Jawbreaker B
Front Grapple (BIG) > Screw Neckbreaker Drop B
Back Grapple (BIG) > Turning Two-Step Knee Kick
Back Grapple (BIG) > Full Nelson
Opponent Down - Facing Up, Near Head > Running Middle Kick
Double Team - Corner Grapple > Double Impact
Voice now plays for Counter > Pop-up Jumping Bomb.
Changed category for Corner Grapple > Kinniku Buster to [Rear Blow to Head]

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Just picked up FPW, I have never played a fire pro game before.
What are some essential collections of cool stuff to add on steam?

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.
how many fuckin F2P WWE games are there now

Fumaofthelake
Dec 30, 2004

Is it handsome in here, or is it just me?

Bard Maddox posted:

how many fuckin F2P WWE games are there now

They just keep putting out new ones hoping for quick money before everyone realizes its poo poo is my guess.

To answer you question I think 5
Supercard
Tap Mania
Immortals
Mayhem
Champions

There’s also a digital card collecting app as well.

spongeh
Mar 22, 2009

BREADAGRAM OF PROTECTION
Mobile is kind of a big market, you know.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
do we know when Management of the Ring is coming out at all?

CapitalistPig posted:

Just picked up FPW, I have never played a fire pro game before.
What are some essential collections of cool stuff to add on steam?

i have some errands to run but i'll do up a big post with some good collections when i get back

Angry_Ed
Mar 30, 2010

Grimey Drawer

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

I believe they said January but I don't recall a specific date.

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

spongeh posted:

Mobile is kind of a big market, you know.

Yeah and it should have its own thread so I don't have to constantly read about people cyclically re-discovering that mobile games are trash over and over in this thread.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

i have some errands to run but i'll do up a big post with some good collections when i get back

I thought January but read on FP Arena someone said it would come out this evening, not sure where they got that info from though.

edit - I think they just meant the Yoshihiro Takayama DLC.

Budget Dracula fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Dec 18, 2017

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

dont even fink about it posted:

Yeah and it should have its own thread so I don't have to constantly read about people cyclically re-discovering that mobile games are trash over and over in this thread.
especially when we get that exact same cycle with the 2k games already

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years
Reading about Fire Pro Wrestling World, I can't tell if you control the wrestlers you make or if they are all AI. Can someone enlighten me? I know nothing about this series (or wrestling in general)

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer

Danith posted:

Reading about Fire Pro Wrestling World, I can't tell if you control the wrestlers you make or if they are all AI. Can someone enlighten me? I know nothing about this series (or wrestling in general)

You can control the wrestlers, it's just that the game appeals to people who do just let the AI fight it out. (Like me.) Whenever you start up a match you can change who controls what.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Danith posted:

Both. You can play the game or set up AI (the create-a-wrestler system has a pretty robust "CPU Logic" system for controlling AI behavior).

Danith
May 20, 2006
I've lurked here for years

Maxwell Lord posted:

You can control the wrestlers, it's just that the game appeals to people who do just let the AI fight it out. (Like me.) Whenever you start up a match you can change who controls what.

The Kins posted:

Both. You can play the game or set up AI (the create-a-wrestler system has a pretty robust "CPU Logic" system for controlling AI behavior).

Watching AI's is my sort of game! Time to make my first wrestling game purchase, thanks for the info!

remusclaw
Dec 8, 2009

Danith posted:

Watching AI's is my sort of game! Time to make my first wrestling game purchase, thanks for the info!

Yeah, I love doing that sort of stuff so it bums me out when a game that would benefit doesn't have that sort of option. I really just wanted to set up battles and watch for instance in some of the Total War games.

remusclaw fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Dec 19, 2017

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

I like watching AIs but sometimes setting up championship tournaments is a pain. I like to crown my first champion by having everyone in the promotion duke it out, but that's a real hassle if there are more than 12 people. Is there any way to make random select only select from a specific promotion or team? Or any way to move to a system where I don't have to hit enter five times every time I want to add a single wrestler?

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

Rollersnake posted:

I still can't get over every single grapple in Fire Pro beginning exactly the same. It's distracting to the point that I don't enjoy watching matches because of it.

Carlzilla's mod actually has an option to remove the lockup for AI matches, it makes watching them much more enjoyable.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Carlzilla's mod actually has an option to remove the lockup for AI matches, it makes watching them much more enjoyable.

Wait, how does that work? Do they never grapple, or does it just skip to the grapple move based on who would have won?

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

Borrowed Ladder posted:

is there a video of this anywhere?

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYK7FHFhlRg

Video of the new $3 DLC.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Finally got Fire Pro World. Is there a limit to how many wrestlers you can have installed from the Workshop?

E: haha maybe I am just stupid but this grapple timing system seems very arbitrary and difficult. Is there a good visual mnemonic of when to hit the button?

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 01:31 on Dec 19, 2017

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer

projecthalaxy posted:

Finally got Fire Pro World. Is there a limit to how many wrestlers you can have installed from the Workshop?

There is technically a limit of something like 10,000, maybe? But yeah that's nothing. Also, each edit is like 17 kb.

quote:

E: haha maybe I am just stupid but this grapple timing system seems very arbitrary and difficult. Is there a good visual mnemonic of when to hit the button?

Do the training missions, you'll get a feel for it eventually.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches

tzirean posted:

Wait, how does that work? Do they never grapple, or does it just skip to the grapple move based on who would have won?

Yes to the second part, it's really pretty smooth and the matches look a lot more realistic.

This video shows the mod in action https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5FxKKLrAbs

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I decided, as is probably not uncommon, to stop trying to figure out the timing and go download like 400 dudes. The appeal of having a SZKO vs WCW Steiner Bros AI match is real.

Budget Dracula
Jun 6, 2007

projecthalaxy posted:

I decided, as is probably not uncommon, to stop trying to figure out the timing and go download like 400 dudes. The appeal of having a SZKO vs WCW Steiner Bros AI match is real.

be careful because if you download thousands of guys it takes forever to manually delete any you don't want, I always end up deleting the FPWW save folder everytime I want to start over

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Budget Dracula posted:

be careful because if you download thousands of guys it takes forever to manually delete any you don't want, I always end up deleting the FPWW save folder everytime I want to start over

Haha yeah I already ran into that problem. I got this big set of like 320 territory dudes, realized like 80% of them were from the 40-60s and I had never heard of them and had to nuke my save to get rid of it. Unsubbing should really delete a dude from your save.

Theres not a way to limit the random is there? Like if I want to do a rando tag tournament but only have it pull out of my Modern WWE stable instead of everyone?

Jeabus Mahogany
Feb 13, 2011

I'm mad because of a thorn in my impenetrable hide
I don't think so, but I believe random select only fills empty slots, so if you get an entry you don't want just get rid of it and click again

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I just got an achievement called Bathroom Break for having a match below 58% rating, a four minute squash of Paul Ellering by a homemade CAW. He got no offense and I got a 49. I feel insulted by this acheivement.

E: I'm aware that it completely was a bathroom break/popcorn match, but the game isn't supposed to point that out. Its rude.

projecthalaxy fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Dec 19, 2017

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Wade Barrett made it to the last 2 of a Battle Royal by putting Hulk Hogan in a sleeper, only to be speared to death by Roman Reigns. Also he spent the entire match bloodied which made his endurance even more hardcore.

Also Melrose from GLOW battled Modesty Blaise to a 5-star classic.

The patch hasn't really changed much for me but goddamn.

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
I've finally see that CamAI mod in action, and wow I hope they make that official somewhere down the line.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

I wish you could just do an easy batch delete of all the wrestlers you want to be rid of.

Nice that they commemorated the release though with the Rollins/Omega knee smash, though I'm still waiting for the rest of the Rollins moves (God's Last Gift, Curb Stomp, WHY NO CURB STOMP YET)

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Yes to the second part, it's really pretty smooth and the matches look a lot more realistic.

This video shows the mod in action https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5FxKKLrAbs

OK, that looks a lot better actually. Definitely going to get this while it's on sale now.

Ultimately I just wish Yuke's would get their poo poo together, but they've made it abundantly clear that's something that happens once or twice a decade, if we're lucky.

Rollersnake fucked around with this message at 17:32 on Dec 19, 2017

Minidust
Nov 4, 2009

Keep bustin'
Still hoping for an easy copy/paste deal when it comes to logic and movesets. I've got like ~30 personal edits so far and I've just been focusing on appearance. Not sure when I'll get around to fine-tuning logic, so I wish I could just say "hey this guy should wrestle like Hogan and this guy should wrestle like AJ Styles". I know there are some community "template" wrestler edits that are supposed to address this, but AFAIK they require you to have worked with them from the start.

In general though I'm really blown away with how aggressively they've been supporting this game! Makes a huge difference when the team isn't already working on the next game in a yearly series...

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yeah I took one look at the logic setup screen and got a little spooked. I guess it doesn't matter for me because if my one CAW is in a match I'll be playing as him but yeah some presets would be nice.

Is there a way to tell what a downloaded wrestler's stats are, or at least just the total? I made my dude a 162 overall because he's supposed to be flawed (hes basically just a boxer in a wrestling ring) and i dont know how that compares with the way most people make dudes. I can't open downloaded characters in the editor but is there at least like a properties screen I'm missing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CarlCX
Dec 14, 2003

projecthalaxy posted:

Is there a way to tell what a downloaded wrestler's stats are, or at least just the total? I made my dude a 162 overall because he's supposed to be flawed (hes basically just a boxer in a wrestling ring) and i dont know how that compares with the way most people make dudes. I can't open downloaded characters in the editor but is there at least like a properties screen I'm missing?

You actually can look at them in the editor, it's just obtuse. Instead of trying to directly load a downloaded wrestler, go Edit Mode->Wrestler Edit->Create New Edit->Model Wrestler. If you scroll past the default roster you'll get to all of your downloaded characters and you can open them and see what they're like under the hood.

It's really silly that you have to take that roundabout approach, but, y'know, Fire Pro.