Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Open my first Legendary, pull a 3-star healer on Four. Figures.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

In fact, I'm beginning to think there's no actual difference between Common, Rare, and Legendary cores.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
Chapter 8's ending came more suddenly than I'd expected. Managed to break 2 million damage on a 3 burst chain attack against an unlucky lvl 64 unique enemy. :black101:

Reiterpallasch posted:

in extremely f/go thread voice just let people replay the whole game until they get their first rare core, then delete their data and do it again if they don't like this

That's how the Rare Skell system will work in Xenoblade Chronicles X 2. :shepicide:

nerdz posted:

the non unique dinosaurs at temperantia aren't that hard to deal with and they will grant a full level or two each until you are 97 or so. make sure you only chain attack at the very end of their HP for the Overkill XP bonuses.

What level did you start fighting those? I'm 63-64 right now and was wondering when fighting them became viable. I tried the level 80s in Mor Ardain and one of the snakes did an AOE for 10k damage and killed everyone instantly. :psyduck:

(I'm also sitting on about 300k xp to spend at the inn but haven't because I'd probably be level 71+ and severely out-level enemies)

U-DO Burger posted:

Opened my first legendary core and got a generic :lol:

:same:

It was 3 star though. I'm guessing they can still give garbage 1-2 star generics too though.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

There might be but the difference doesn't seem big enough to counteract the fact that you have roughly 100x more common cores and will get most of your rares from them anyway, making the entire process longer than it should. Legendaries should be a guaranteed rare

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Rare blades should have come from quests, not the gacha. The gacha should have been for commons only, if not excised completely in lieu of something more engaging and tolerable.

If you can't tell, I loving hate gacha.

Sensual Simian
Jun 7, 2004

summer jorts
Granpypon poo poo his pants again.

Dynastesaurus
Oct 22, 2010

Tighran posted:

Dang, really? I thought I needed to do it to activate Roboto-chan to go save Catgirl-sama. Guess I'll poke around the Quests menu a bit more.

Main quests have a pink indicator, side quests are blue.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I'll never understand people who like X's story.

Like you start the game and there's a cutscene of you joining BLADE then literally *nothing* happens for the entire game until the last 30 minutes with some of the most terribly boring characters to ever grace a video game. Then it ends going on a hilariously pointless cliffhanger and just man what even was that.

It was alright but by far the weakest of the trio

I guess for me yeah the story of X wasn't great, but the scenario it set up (and never delivered on) was cool and I liked the world.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
I'm on version 1.1.0 and don't see how to download the expansion pass, am I missing something?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I don't think theres anything to download yet.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

That feature is getting patched in on Friday.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Stupid
Bread Liar
Oh okay, thanks!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I might buy the season pass...but since I haven't finished the game I may wait for it to go on sale next year when it's all out and see what the story DLC is like

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

I’m not gonna buy dlc sight unseen, even if I love the game.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Louisgod posted:

I'm on version 1.1.0 and don't see how to download the expansion pass, am I missing something?

You can buy it through the eshop, it's kind of a roundabout way though.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

Oh wait, maybe I imagined that. I could have sworn they said they were adding an option to buy the expansion pass/DLC from the title screen, but I can't find an actual source for that.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

I have 95 Common Cores and I'm going to open every single one. Wish me luck fuckos.

vvv I am fully expecting this and I am retiring for the night at 50 cause man I gotta sleep.

Pollyanna fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Dec 19, 2017

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Pollyanna posted:

I have 95 Common Cores and I'm going to open every single one. Wish me luck fuckos.

Congrats on 94 to 95 common 1 to 2 star cores

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Pollyanna posted:

vvv I am fully expecting this and I am retiring for the night at 50 cause man I gotta sleep.

This is stupid.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Fruit is proof that the gods exist and love us.

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Now that I’m around chapter 9 I don’t even pull commons I just sell them. I just treat rares and legendary cores as 3-4 stars and hunt for commons to use for late game.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Got bored and sold them all off. What's the best way to grind rares and legendaries? I will complete this album if it kills me.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

You can sell common cores? Great.

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Late game quest, inside the Argentum energy room lmao, the whole trading post is powered by Bana on a treadmill, and his mom calls him Banana. Bananopon. :3

If you’re like me you click on spoilers no matter what but if you don’t know what’s in this room yet don’t click it because the twist is great.

Invenerable
Aug 7, 2005

YOU CAN BE A BIG PIG, TOO!

Pollyanna posted:

Doing this myself cemented my chapter-based softcap theory.

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

Invenerable posted:

Doing this myself cemented my chapter-based softcap theory.

Kinda leaning towards this myself, because from what I can tell, the rares I've gotten have been towards the beginning of chapters.

Invenerable
Aug 7, 2005

YOU CAN BE A BIG PIG, TOO!

Pollyanna posted:

Kinda leaning towards this myself, because from what I can tell, the rares I've gotten have been towards the beginning of chapters.

Just started chapter 7 with 9 gacha rares left. Pulled KOS-MOS on my 4th rare crystal and Electra on my 7th.

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
The ending of Whereabouts Unknown was expected but still funny. Especially at level 40.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"
I think I might be less mad at this gacha system if the generics didn't look like reject Warframe designs

PJOmega
May 5, 2009
Oh cool, fought a unique with about a dozen adds. End of the fight happens and I'm stuck standing around without sheathing.

Thanks game. Second freeze.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

MechaX posted:

I think I might be less mad at this gacha system if the generics didn't look like reject Warframe designs

I wish only Rare Blades existed.

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

I'd settle for field skills working when they aren't equipped, "oh look a wind mastery 7 check let me pop generics on several people then take them right back off several minutes in menus what amazing gameplay"

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
I wish the whole blade system as it is was scrapped. Integrate the rare blades into the game via sidequests and story and tie more to specific people.

Or just ditch the multiple blade thing entirely and flesh out every character's primary blade moveset and give them some custom art choices you get from story/sidequest. You'd plug the rare blades here into a revamp of the mercenary system that goes more in-depth and ties into sidequests etc.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere

In Training posted:

I might buy the season pass...but since I haven't finished the game I may wait for it to go on sale next year when it's all out and see what the story DLC is like

I'm definitely not buying the season pass since the meat of it's content isn't coming until "fall 2018". There's a part of me that hopes maybe they fix the blade issue between now and then or at least the story DLC will give me better options to level blades trust, at the very least maybe more side quests Also yea, it's really stupid but it's definitely not impossible that the expansion pass will go on sale between now and then.

With all of that time inbetween, it would be pretty awesome if the DLC is basically another game content wise.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

Was burning through a pile of common cores
https://twitter.com/NSwonch/status/943012991489884160
:shepicide:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Dhalia's skills own and she's a good healer so design aside you got one of the better uniques.

chumbler posted:

I guess for me yeah the story of X wasn't great, but the scenario it set up (and never delivered on) was cool and I liked the world.

It had a really interesting Premise and I liked the setup-honest. The city affinity and everything was fun as was just flying around in a cool bot.

It's just man nothing hooked me in the story. It just felt like nothing happened with absolutely 0 payoff until it just ended. The script itself didn't even seem to know where it was going with Tatsu constantly referring to poo poo like Hom-Homs or Frontier Village. It was just totally guideless and ehhh.

For me personally I look for a story with characters that I can attach myself to at least a LITTLE bit as well as a fun and unique world. It just didn't really happen for me with my mute dude.

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Dec 19, 2017

Reiterpallasch
Nov 3, 2010

Fun Shoe
Does the choice you make at the beginning of chapter 8 actually affect anything?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Reiterpallasch posted:

Does the choice you make at the beginning of chapter 8 actually affect anything?

Just which name Rex uses in cutscenes and combat

Tighran
Jun 28, 2004

IcePhoenix posted:

The crane is a sidequest, not main quest.

Yeah this was my issue... I guess I got confused because the questgiver NPCs had the same character model.

Also, playing the game in bed while half asleep probably doesn't help either...

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
What makes a good tank in this game? I just got Extremely Good and Cool, Person Vandham so I'm gonna try rolling with Rex/Nia/Vand for a bit (sorry Tora).

I'm still kind of limited in my gear and blades so all I can really do is use a katana-type blade and pump up HP via accessories. This works for shorter fights but on the couple of bosses I tried Nia just couldn't keep me up. Does it get easier later when I have access to a whole bunch more items/blades/characters?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

its curtains for Kevin
Nov 14, 2011

Just kidding!

Life is meaningless
Give tora Rex’s bonus hp diving suit accessory. The % hp works great on making him a wall for you early game.